Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Epilogue

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray!

Helen is alive. Brandon and Chase are out...more than just out.

Gay guys can be heroes, too.

Great Story, CJ. In honor of your accomplishment, our dinner tonight included a salad with goat cheese.

Looking forward to Changing Lanes.

I liked the epilogue as well. I guess Helen isn't all bad. She does a good job at keeping them in line. I also like how Brandon and Chase no longer have to hide who they are. I'm looking forward to the sequel. :2thumbs:

Thank you for giving us a story, where "Hope springs eternal" really does come true! You have crafted a marvelous tale with exciting characters and amazing backgrounds. :worship::worship::worship::worship:

By the way, will you ever go back to Australia and see how bad the mess is? :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

A benefit concert would be wonderful over there for a sequel, just a speculation

Congratulation to Chase and Brandon, may you alway love and cherish one another until death do you......well I hope never........part.

I really don't see how much Helen's death adds to the tension, at least the fact that she's still considered as dead in the previous chapter, with some clever hints that it could actually be an hospital, but with massive ones that it's a funeral home or a church.

To sum up:

Helen jumping in front of Eric/ sacrificing herself: OK

Helen badly wounded, biker seeing her die: OK

Helen's fate unsure as they chase Dimitri: OK

Misleading paragraph in chapter 47: fatwa.

(You might always try to blame Shadowgod, but I don't see how you can incriminate the poor SoCal hunk this time...)

Otherwise, this is a cute ending.

And this has been a great story. So what's next? Will Instinct manage to save the world from the threat of ruthless speculators starving the masses by their treacherous deeds on the world's commodity future markets?

:wacko: .........

Helen's alive?

?

I told you, didn't I?? :P

Well, as much as I love hate to say it, CJ has yet again left us hanging......How do Instinct's fans react to their drummer and lead singer being gay?

But, I'll let CJ off the hook since the second part would be starting in two weeks.... :)

Awesome story, CJ, and a fitting end. :)

BeaStKid :devil:

• Site Moderator

Sweet ending CJ. I have to agree with BK about the fan's reactions. Even if we don't find out, I don't think it will make a bit of difference. With everything that's gone on, I think it's for the best that they made the announcement. At least this way, they have more control of it.

Reading the General's comments about the Scar almost sounds like there's a slight chance he could be alive. :wacko:

Great story CJ. I'll be waiting for the next one.

Jan

I told you, didn't I?? :P

Well, as much as I love hate to say it, CJ has yet again left us hanging......How do Instinct's fans react to their drummer and lead singer being gay?

But, I'll let CJ off the hook since the second part would be starting in two weeks.... :)

Awesome story, CJ, and a fitting end. :)

BeaStKid :devil:

B) ...........Ya know CJ definately left me puzzled on Helen, she's what 50ish? And takes a gut shot wound at close range from a 45 with a hollow point round, has massive internal injuries (DUH....hollow point) is bleeding profusely and is out in the boondocks with help what 30-60 minutes away, yet she survives?? Well I guess if Brandon can bring down a disabled plane with little flight experience ...anything is possible!!

BTW, Great Story CJ, for a goat!!!!!!!

Reading the General's comments about the Scar almost sounds like there's a slight chance he could be alive. :wacko:

There is a sequel in the pipeline. Perhaps we will find the answers there. If The Scar is alive, he will be seeking revenge. :ph34r:

There is a sequel in the pipeline. Perhaps we will find the answers there. If The Scar is alive, he will be seeking revenge. :ph34r:
The resulting explosion tore through the building, shattering it and sending a guttering column of fire and smoke high into the hazy Buenos Aires sky as The Scar fell victim to the dead hand of the man he

Actually according to the previous chapter we know for a fact that the Scar's body was not destroyed by the explosion as the General thought. If all they found was an arm then its extremely likely that he managed to get away. He's likely to be disfigured however and missing an arm.

Actually according to the previous chapter we know for a fact that the Scar's body was not destroyed by the explosion as the General thought. If all they found was an arm then its extremely likely that he managed to get away. He's likely to be disfigured however and missing an arm.

B) .........The more I think about, I'm sure the goat will ressurect Scar. A badly scarred one at that.

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Great ending of a wonderful story. Well done CJames !

See Benij, i told you.. never assume anything with CJames... only believe it when he spelled it out clearly :-)

Which leads me to the question if The Scar is really dead or if he may have survived the explosion...

... The Scar fell victim to the dead hand of the man he'd betrayed. The Scar, or what was left of him, regained consciousness moments later, pinned flat under a pile of debris, as the flames began to lick at his face. Unable to move, he could only scream as he burned alive. From beyond the grave, Vladimir had exacted a measure of revenge.

hmm, well, i'd say we can be sure he was hurt badly by the explosion ("... or what was left of him..."), and that he took some severe burning wounds ("... he could only scream as he burned alive..."). But thats about it. No word about him being dead really ;-). And they only found part of an arm.. which he might have lost due to the explosion... did he somehow manage to get out from under the debris ??? Maybe the sequel will tell :) .. it could be another GEGM ! But thats what we lovehate CJames for :) But much more love than hate !

Edited by YaP

Do I smell a Bond villain in the making? HEHE!

Well, what can Scar do now after his failure?

If CJ does not go back and use nukes again, then the only other threat big enough would be biological weapons.

However, if it was me I would choose something a little more interesting to play around with: not a weapon that will kill people per se, but something that can cause the destruction of human civilization if my demands are not met *(Yep, Bond moment). While still technologically feasible with what we have today and what people are worried about behind every action?

Edited by W.L.

Great ending of a wonderful story. Well done CJames !

See Ben, i told you.. never assume anything with CJames... only believe it when he spelled it out clearly :-)

Which leads me to the question if The Scar is really dead or if me may have survived the explosion...

hmm, well, i'd say we can be sure he was hurt badly by the explosion ("... or what was left of him..."), and that he took some severe burning wounds ("... he could only scream as he burned alive..."). But thats about it. No word about him being dead really ;-). And they only found part of an arm.. which he might have lost due to the explosion... did he somehow manage to get out from under the debris ??? Maybe the sequel will tell :) .. it could be another GEGM ! But thats what we lovehate CJames for :) But more love than hate !

B) .......Ya right, never assume anything with the goat!! (ass_u_me) I had a hard time in believing the ressurection of Helen. But believing in a sequel with a 'Dr. Scarlove' in tow is making sense :wacko: . The government believing Scar is dead won't pursue him, utilizing what is left of his fortune on a lot of surgery and a new hand (probably made from a goat bone, third world country ya know) I can see a very pissed off Scar seeking only revenge! Great Story again CJ, looking forward to more of your wily cliffhangers!!

:worship::worship::worship:

Edited by Benji
I really don't see how much Helen's death adds to the tension, at least the fact that she's still considered as dead in the previous chapter, with some clever hints that it could actually be an hospital, but with massive ones that it's a funeral home or a church.

To sum up:

Helen jumping in front of Eric/ sacrificing herself: OK

Helen badly wounded, biker seeing her die: OK

Helen's fate unsure as they chase Dimitri: OK

Misleading paragraph in chapter 47: fatwa.

(You might always try to blame Shadowgod, but I don't see how you can incriminate the poor SoCal hunk this time...)

Otherwise, this is a cute ending.

And this has been a great story. So what's next? Will Instinct manage to save the world from the threat of ruthless speculators starving the masses by their treacherous deeds on the world's commodity future markets?

To save CJ joy of explaining this I will.

the whole scene was inspired by something I had in mind for the end of LiS... It was one of millions of plot ideas that get scrapped for one reason or another. Cj found a way to use it. So yes in a way it is this So. Cal hunk's fault, at least this time :)

To save CJ joy of explaining this I will.

the whole scene was inspired by something I had in mind for the end of LiS... It was one of millions of plot ideas that get scrapped for one reason or another. Cj found a way to use it. So yes in a way it is this So. Cal hunk's fault, at least this time :)

:o ..........First CJ admits to using cliffhangers, then his Shadowyness admits to 'tampering' with LTMP chapters!! What's next, you guys going to appear on Oprah?

:o:o:o

I never admitted to "tampering" with chapters! :P The whole confuse the readers between a hospital and funeral home thing was an Idea I had for LiS several months ago. It never materialized so CJ asked if he could use it. I told him sure. see no tampering!

:P

Steve

• Site Moderator

No matter who uses something like that in a story, it's cruel to the readers. Not that we don't mind something like that. Look at the chatter it created.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..