Most Prolific Postaholic on GA

Prolific Postaholic  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most prolific postaholic of all time on gayauthors.org?

• AFriendlyFace
    • C James
    • Tiger
    • Other (Who?)
  2. 2. Who is second?

• AFriendlyFace
    • C James
    • Tiger
    • Other (Who?)

This poll is fairly straight forward. Clearly, all three are postaholics, but who is the best (or worst depending upon your point of view)? Kevin has posted a lot in last few months and recently reached 6,000 posts. In fact, he's posting enough that Tiger will not catch up with him any time soon if ever. C James has slowed down a bit, but he still has the coveted top spot. Tiger has managed to reach 3,000 posts in his first year. The evidence is clear. All three are postaholics, but who is #1? :P

Who is #2?

Edited by Tiger

Wot? I am not included?? <_<

By the way...there were already two such polls previously where it was decided that CJ was the most prolific poster and Kevin was second. I'd dig up the links when I have the time, but I need to go for dinner right now...

;)

BeaStKid

Kevin is first this year (so far). CJ is slipping.. :o No CJ NO!

Both are in a league of their own though. :)

Keep up the good work guys. :wub:

Wot? I am not included?? <_<

I have more posts than you. If it wasn't for that, you'd be on the list. :P

Kevin is first this year (so far). CJ is slipping.. :o No CJ NO!

Both are in a league of their own though. :)

Keep up the good work guys. :wub:

They certainly are. I don't even know why I put myself on the list. 0:)

• Site Administrator

Based purely on post counts, it has to be Tiger. Given that he only joined Nov last year, he is on track to have over 4000 posts in his first year. That surpasses even CJ who, from memory, reached 3000 posts in his first year.

I'd say that CJ is a recovering poastaholic,, like it's been said, he has slowed down a lot for the last few of months,, so I would say that right now the worst postaholic on the board is tiger. Like it or not,, you have the palm since 2-3 months

I am certainly prolific. I cannot deny that. I didn't think it was possible to come close to 4,000 this year to be honest. I had actually slowed down until about July, 8. 0:)

Personally, I don't think it's fair that posts in team forums go toward people's post counts. Kevin jumped ahead this time because he had to post everytime he added a new story to the archive. While I appreciate the work he does, I do not agree with those posts being part of his post count. The same goes for all posts that are considered part of a "job" for the GA community... the moderator forum, the newsletter forum, etc... those "work" posts should not be part of the overall post count. And if we were to remove those posts from these so called "prolific posters" I bet their counts would be much lower.

Let's celebrate the true prolific posters --those who participate in the forum community, but aren't involved on the major teams. For Kevin, let's be honest here, we're really celebrating his wonderful moderating skills and all of the excellent work that he does for the GA community --in addition to his prolificness. He's not a postaholic; he's dedicated. For that matter, Graeme has way more posts than Tiger, so why isn't he in this poll?

Oh, and Tim, come on, did you really need to refer to yourself in the third person? :P

Steph, you could go through all my posts, but I am sure I'd still be over 3,000 without posting in those forums. As for not including those forums in post counts, that is an issue for the administrators. ;)

Personally, I don't think it's fair that posts in team forums go toward people's post counts. Kevin jumped ahead this time because he had to post everytime he added a new story to the archive. While I appreciate the work he does, I do not agree with those posts being part of his post count. The same goes for all posts that are considered part of a "job" for the GA community... the moderator forum, the newsletter forum, etc... those "work" posts should not be part of the overall post count. And if we were to remove those posts from these so called "prolific posters" I bet their counts would be much lower.

Let's celebrate the true prolific posters --those who participate in the forum community, but aren't involved on the major teams. For Kevin, let's be honest here, we're really celebrating his wonderful moderating skills and all of the excellent work that he does for the GA community --in addition to his prolificness. He's not a postaholic; he's dedicated. For that matter, Graeme has way more posts than Tiger, so why isn't he in this poll?

Oh, and Tim, come on, did you really need to refer to yourself in the third person? :P

Actually, I have to disagree with that point...true, Kevin's a moderator, but long before he was a moderator he was racking up the posts, and every one of them was truly prolific. I guess if we want to ask who the most prolific poster lately has been I can see your point, but as far as the most prolific of all time goes, Kevin's got the goods (and he knows how to use them) :)

Steph, you could go through all my posts, but I am sure I'd still be over 3,000 without posting in those forums. As for not including those forums in post counts, that is an issue for the administrators. ;)

Maybe, but using that correction, you would not have more posts than BeaStKid. Thus, your dismissal of him from this poll based on those bounds is invalid.

Regardless, both Graeme and Myr are above you in post count, so your place in a top-3 poll in a highly suspicious. Granted Myr's activity is slanted more toward the early days rather than recent activity, putting you 4th in line instead of 5th.

In addition, the fact that you're so quick to dismiss the idea of inflation due to team forum posts proves that this whole thread is solely meant for self-promotion and no true discussion. :P

...but as far as the most prolific of all time goes, Kevin's got the goods (and he knows how to use them) :)

Agreed!

I still don't believe that he's a postaholic, though. I like to think of him as dedicated. ^_^

I didn't dismiss the idea. I just don't see any reason to make waves about it. I also, I have only been posting since December, 25, 2007. (First ever post here) One must consider post per day average. Mine is the highest of the three of us. Also, BK has at least one of those forums as well. ;)

LOL, you have a much higher posting rate than I do, and CJ has more posts. So I think a good case can be argued for both of you as well!

I'm a more 'seasonal poster', sometimes I have a lot to say, other times I can go missing entirely 0:)

I admit I have been very active the past couple of months though.

In any case, I think Graeme and Beasty should be on the poll as well!

Edited by AFriendlyFace

I can add them, but that means re-doing everything. :P

You certainly have been active over the past few months. I bet that in the last month or two you've posted more than I have, and that's saying something. :P

Edited by Tiger
I am certainly prolific. I cannot deny that. I didn't think it was possible to come close to 4,000 this year to be honest. I had actually slowed down until about July, 8. 0:)

Yeah...slowed down in your case is still speeding in ours. Had the traffic police seen you here at GA, you'd be outta your license in a jiffy.

As far as counting posts is concerned, I would have to disagree with Tim. Tiger, you have access to more 'hidden' forums than me. I would not want to list them out, but you know. As far as the one I am a part of, you also know how many posts I make there. :P

Steph, your points are truly well made. The fact is that CJ, as a head of so many teams had to have made all those posts. So did Kevin. But Kevin has also, at the same time, balanced those 'official' posts with general posts. Graeme, on the other hand, was always posting as a member, until recently.

So, the point of my rant is....It is not at all necessary to proclaim anything of this sort. No offence Tim. But the fact remains... I started the previous two polls about the same topic and had a long and lengthy discussion on the same issue there as well.

The argument was...what would be the criteria for deciding the 'prolificness'? Is it solely posts count? Post average? Quality of posts? Length?

If it is quality, who's the judge of the quality? If it is post count, then there are a lot of exceptions to this as well, as Steph pointed out. If it is post average, then what about the person who joins today and posts, say 30 posts - His/her average is 30!! And length, let's just not get into it.

I think the whole point of a community is to have fun and enjoy and not be in a competition to see who can rake up the most posts. I admit, in the beginning, I had the bent of mind to see four-digit post count in my profile...but then it became old, and I realized that it is my contribution to the forum that I would rather see on my profile and not just the post count. Post count would speak for itself when my contribution speaks along with it. As such, my post average dropped considerably. And even now, I post far less frequently than what I used to.

Whoa! :o This would surely be my longest post, ever... I really did go on a rant, didn't I? :lol:

I guess, I should end here, lest I taint my image... :P

BeaStKid :devil:

I admit, in the beginning, I had the bent of mind to see four-digit post count in my profile...but then it became old, and I realized that it is my contribution to the forum that I would rather see on my profile and not just the post count.

BeaStKid :devil:

When you hit about 8000 you'll see that fever returning.. to get a 5 digit post count! :lmao:

I am still an active contributor. The lion's share of my posts, by far, are in public areas. I was probably already close to 2,000 by the time I joined the newsletter team and over 3,000 when I joined FMT. I'll admit that there was a time when I really cared about post counts, but these days I care more about saying what needs to be said. In Teen Spot, I offer advice. In the private areas, I post what needs to be posted if I have anything to add. That's not to say that I shy away from the occasional joke, but I've got a different attitude these days. I find myself posting way more than I thought I had on a particular day, but that's bound to happen sometimes.