[DomLuka] More than Once?

Re-reading TLW and ITFB are on my list of things to do during the my holidays, since I'm excited about the new chapters of IFTB being posted. Thanks Dom! In general though, I've read most of the stories twice or so, the only exception being With Trust, which I haven't started yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read every story at least twice, but what I usually do is read a particular chapter or set of chapters depending on my emotional mood.

Chapter 1 & 2 of TLW are some of my all time favourites and reading those two chapters get me to feel a certain way.

I'm currently re-reading TOU and just passed the point where Quinn punched Brad :wacko: . One thing I had forgotten was that Quinn had fish too.

Makes sense that both Quinn & Kyle are fish people. Dogs & Cats would be too disorderly for the both of them. Fish are a nice easy, clean pet that can be contained. Just the type of pet for the OCDers. :D

Edited by NaperVic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just starting to reread DD....its been about a year and a half since I've read most of them, but I cant stand rereading something so soon. DD is the exception cause its one of my favorites (tied w/ ITFB). Prolly make my way through the rest of them again sometime in 2010 (seriously).

I don't reread full stories, normally... With Dom's I go straight to the meat. Lately, I've been re-reading TLW ch 1 a lot. I keep getting hung up on a sentence here and there that makes me ponder the scene for a while. The scene where Owen sees Tony for the first time after 3 years... I could read that a million times. I might spend a few minutes on a short paragraph, just adding more to the scenes in my mind. For me, I need to eat Dom's stories like a starving man the first time and then go over it like a connoisseur about 50 times. I jump around a lot... and at some point I will have covered it all insanely thoroughly.

lol...I can read most stories once and have about 80 to 90 percent of them memorized. So I can just go over them as many times as I want for enjoyment without the actual story after the first reading. Thats why I take so long between rereadings - I have to forget the whole thing (a major task). Heck, I still remember most of DD, but it was too good to wait on.

*gasp*, two fans as obsessed as I get about Dom's writing!!! :worship:

I don't reread full stories, normally... With Dom's I go straight to the meat. Lately, I've been re-reading TLW ch 1 a lot. I keep getting hung up on a sentence here and there that makes me ponder the scene for a while. The scene where Owen sees Tony for the first time after 3 years... I could read that a million times. I might spend a few minutes on a short paragraph, just adding more to the scenes in my mind. For me, I need to eat Dom's stories like a starving man the first time and then go over it like a connoisseur about 50 times. I jump around a lot... and at some point I will have covered it all insanely thoroughly.

As soon as I read your post, I remembered vividly the sense of relief that Owen felt when he realized Chris & Tony were in the room with him. I tear up a little everytime I read that scene. TLW Ch 1 is still my all time favourite.

lol...I can read most stories once and have about 80 to 90 percent of them memorized. So I can just go over them as many times as I want for enjoyment without the actual story after the first reading. Thats why I take so long between rereadings - I have to forget the whole thing (a major task). Heck, I still remember most of DD, but it was too good to wait on.
*gasp*, two fans as obsessed as I get about Dom's writing!!! :worship:

I don't enjoy other stories as much as I used to anymore :( . I still heart certain authors. But Dom is in a different league.

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to reread all of them. I started with TLW and I think I need to pace myself better. I didn't realize how much I was in Domstory withdrawal until now as I'm sitting here after having reread TLW in two days without sleep and while I was at work. That and now that I'm done, it feels too soon. Its hard to set a limit on yourself though when the next chapter is just sitting there begging you to read it...

:worship::worship: ALL HAIL DOM :worship::worship:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've reread With Trust like 5 times over the course of 2 years. But I had to read it again, because I was so confused as why Milo was sick and how Jame felt and all the other stuff that I'd forgotten. But I'm happy I did. I've read all the stories at least 2 times and TLW 3 times. <3

• 1 month later...

Over the last week, I re-read both DD & Hello Stupid. DD I read at work and Hello Stupid I read on my smart phone while waiting for my oil to be changed.

I keep hearing from others about 'good' stories I can read from other authors, but I can't seem to get into many other stories/authors. I try reading a chapter or two, but then lose interest and fall back to something I know I'll like. Weird...