"GFD: Nights Eternal" is HERE!

I just finished reading the new post in GFD, I am a little disappointed. Com I felt you made a big deal out of Nifty Archive and the whole thing about comicalitities prophecies. I mean dedicating almost a whole sub chapter felt as if you were unnecessarily dragging the story.

As usual the fight scene's were awesome. Needless to mention i am looking forward to the next installment.

Sean.

At the same time, he also payed great homage to many of the nets best authors.

:king: Snow Dog the Domaholic Danderthal

• Site Administrator

I thought it was a great chapter. :D

I'm really looking forward to the next one now.

Myr

This story is amazing! I loved part 11--and every part before it! I loved this story so much that I actual donated money for this site. I am sure writing this has been a lot of work; but the story has impacted me deeply.

I can't wait for the next part; to see what happens next to Justin and Taryn!!!

Thanks.

Thanks so much to all of you for all the comments made! I've definitely put them in the memory banks for now, and I'm always happy to get the feedback. ((Hugz))

The new chapter is coming very soon, and will get much more into Rage and more info will be given on the 'Beast'. But before then, there's a few more site favorites that will be getting some attention. "Savage Moon" is the next BIG one coming, followed by "Magic Man", and I hope you guys enjoy them both. So look for those to be next in the sci-fi trilogy.

Thanks again, and I'll seezya soon!

Thanks so much to all of you for all the comments made! I've definitely put them in the memory banks for now, and I'm always happy to get the feedback. ((Hugz))

The new chapter is coming very soon, and will get much more into Rage and more info will be given on the 'Beast'. But before then, there's a few more site favorites that will be getting some attention. "Savage Moon" is the next BIG one coming, followed by "Magic Man", and I hope you guys enjoy them both. So look for those to be next in the sci-fi trilogy.

Thanks again, and I'll seezya soon!

Great chapter. I'm looking forward to the next one (as always, heheh). It's nice to know that with so much bad sci-fi and fantasy out there, you're contributing to the number of truly enjoyable stories. This series is one of my favorites.

Have fun.

Guest Ice_mist

Great story. I am a long time reader but just stumbled on this story the other night.

Good god why are the best stories all so long :) almost 12 hours of reading for me from begening to the hopefully not end lol.

Oh well onword to other comicality stories ;)

• 3 weeks later...

heyhey,

Compulsively readable as always, although I don't think it was your best. At a guess, I would say that a lot of it was born of you trying to finish it quickly... (Which can I beg you never to do again? Pleeeeeeasssee? hehe). GFD is possibly my favourite story that you have written (When I started reading it, it was about half the length it is now... and I read it all in one evening and a night, hehe) and I think that some of the writing, characterisation and ideas are just superb. It's fairly clear that you rushed this last chapter and the writing suffered as a result (eg. the scene at the hospital) so that was a shame. But, hopefully - as you're no longer trying to rush to finish everything in a short amount of time - that shouldn't repeat.

It's odd, while I see the rest of your online stories as... well, online stories. GFD seems to be something of it's own, in a category utterly separate to anything else that you've written. It has it's own universe, it's own scope and... well to me it feels like the "your novel" in the "everyone has one good novel inside of them" sense. If you follow? Which you probably don't, as I'm rambling.

At the risk of being mobbed, might I suggest that after you finish a chapter of something such as GFD and think that it's ready to post, youlet it sit for a week, then read it through again and rewrite bits before you post it? Stepping back from writing really does help in my experience, because if you read something over a lot of times in a short space of time you convince yourself that it works, but if you step back and reread you often fight that bits don't.

This criticism is really just a technique one, the only thing that I didn't like storywise about this chapter, were the references to the other online authors. Now, I can completely understand why you did it; it's a nod of respect to them, it lets the story acknowledge it's heritage/wider context, it's rather symbolic, etc. But in terms of the story itself... it feels utterly out of place. It jerks the reader completely out of the GFD universe (sorry, english Lit student coming into it's own here) and shatters the entire illusion of the world which you have created for the story to take place in. It's like... when a futuristic film tells you to suspend disbelief, such as "Here is alien technology and it works thus", and then they don't accord to that, eg. they break their own rules. It shatters the integrity of the story as it has no "realistic" basis. By putting the eggman and so on into the story, you're ripping the author out of GFD and saying to them "Yeah, this is an online gay erotic story". WHich I don't think works. Plus, I'm not sure that their names sound very plausible as vampire scriptures to be honest. Some of the points when the librarian was going "No, they're the complete works of x and y! They took years to collect!" I actually started sniggering to myself. I think the writer in me saw the awesome possibilities of the scene (The idea of the never completed vampire scriptures, this massive library... the scale is fantastic) and I felt like it was quite living up to the potential which the idea has and which your writing skill coulf embue it with.

At the risk of being mobbed, might I suggest that after you finish a chapter of something such as GFD and think that it's ready to post, youlet it sit for a week, then read it through again before you post it? Stepping back from writing does help it I think.... well, in my experience it does.

Sorry, this feels like it's turned into a real criticism, but it's not really... I just think that some of your writing is awesome, and this last chapter slipped a bit... so I'm, uh... arrogantly taking it upon myself to poke you so that GFD attains the level of fantasticness in completion which it deserves? As I think I said somewhere else, I wanna see it published so that I can buy a copy. Personally I think it'd work good as just a mainstream gay novel... but I guess you might have to edit out some of the more graphic bits... I can't remember how graphic it gets... but still! Book! lol, It'd so work.

That's ok! Don't feel sorry. I think that's a valid criticism. So thanks! :)

Actually, I've caught some bad comments on the scene at Nifty (Which I thankfully cut shorter. I had a lot more authors that I wanted to mention in it. I had a list, and after a while I had to say to myself...'ok, this is just too much. I should stop here.). I'm glad that I did it, and the authors that got mentioned were extremely surprised. Even the ones that I didn't know were reading my story to begin with. So that was really cool, and despite the possible 'corny' idea of mentioning them all, I stand by it. These are my colleagues, afterall. :)

Anyway, as for rushing through the chapters, I really haven't been. If anything, I've been trying not to. I took a LOT out of this chapter and the last one in an attempt to finish before the deadline. I've combined a lot of characters and conversations as well. So some scenes that were going to subtley play out over two or three chapters, happened all at once in this chapter. (Like the slow break between Trevor and Michael, the relationship between Dion and Dylan, and the disconnection of Comicaity from his student) Three characters were completely omitted (although I would love to add the 'jewler' in again at a later date), and I was working on "Born Of Fire" at the same time so everything would match somehow. But I hopethat the next chapter will run a bit smoother than this one. Hehehe, it took months longer than I thought it would.

I make extra EXTRA sure that everything is perfect for these chapters (content wise anyway. As far as mechanics, the only thing worse than my spelling is my typing! Hehehe!), and the first four chapters were pretty much a breeze to write. I might have become excessively worried about the series since then. I worry about this one more than anything, and there are actual fans now that know the story much MUCH better than I do! And the want to know more about the rules, and the elders, and the hunting, and means of support, and what kind of blood the dog drinks, and the history of all the characters involved. Which is REALLY cool in one respect, and extremely terrifying in another. Because now I have NO room for error. But I'll be keeping my eye out mistakes, I promise. And when it's all said and done, I hope to have a damn good story that you can keep with you always. :)

Thanks so much for the comments. ALL of you! Wow...I think this might be the most replies we've ever gotten to one topic in here! Thanks a ton, and I'll seezya soon with a new "Savage Moon"! (Yeah.I'm worried about this chapter too! But I'll take the risk anyway! ::Giggles: :)

That's ok! Don't feel sorry. I think that's a valid criticism. So thanks! :)

Actually, I've caught some bad comments on the scene at Nifty (Which I thankfully cut shorter. I had a lot more authors that I wanted to mention in it. I had a list, and after a while I had to say to myself...'ok, this is just too much. I should stop here.). I'm glad that I did it, and the authors that got mentioned were extremely surprised. Even the ones that I didn't know were reading my story to begin with. So that was really cool, and despite the possible 'corny' idea of mentioning them all, I stand by it. These are my colleagues, afterall. :)

Anyway, as for rushing through the chapters, I really haven't been. If anything, I've been trying not to. I took a LOT out of this chapter and the last one in an attempt to finish before the deadline. I've combined a lot of characters and conversations as well. So some scenes that were going to subtley play out over two or three chapters, happened all at once in this chapter. (Like the slow break between Trevor and Michael, the relationship between Dion and Dylan, and the disconnection of Comicaity from his student) Three characters were completely omitted (although I would love to add the 'jewler' in again at a later date), and I was working on "Born Of Fire" at the same time so everything would match somehow. But I hopethat the next chapter will run a bit smoother than this one. Hehehe, it took months longer than I thought it would.

I make extra EXTRA sure that everything is perfect for these chapters (content wise anyway. As far as mechanics, the only thing worse than my spelling is my typing! Hehehe!), and the first four chapters were pretty much a breeze to write. I might have become excessively worried about the series since then. I worry about this one more than anything, and there are actual fans now that know the story much MUCH better than I do! And the want to know more about the rules, and the elders, and the hunting, and means of support, and what kind of blood the dog drinks, and the history of all the characters involved. Which is REALLY cool in one respect, and extremely terrifying in another. Because now I have NO room for error. But I'll be keeping my eye out mistakes, I promise. And when it's all said and done, I hope to have a damn good story that you can keep with you always. :)

Thanks so much for the comments. ALL of you! Wow...I think this might be the most replies we've ever gotten to one topic in here! Thanks a ton, and I'll seezya soon with a new "Savage Moon"! (Yeah.I'm worried about this chapter too! But I'll take the risk anyway! ::Giggles: :)

COOL! More chapters in Savage Moon!

Also, earlier you mentioned more chapters coming on Magic Man--I had given up hope that that story would be continued! That was the first story of yours that I read. I fell in love with it; then, when it sat untouched for so long, I assumed you had moved on. So, I am very excited to read more!!!!

Peace, Matthew in NYC

Oh yeah, there will definitely be more "Magic Man" on the site. I think it's an important story about change. I think I made a big mistake with the first chapter though, because I was trying to make the character a bit 'unlikeable' by trapping him in a constant routine. Which I think people took as just me being monotonous. The first chapter got some pretty awful comments made about it (OUCH! I was a bit 'wounded' after that one! Hehehe!), and it was hard to motivate myself to write the second one, you know? I wanted Gavin to finally discover how his life was going in circles, and suddenly start making an actual 'effort' to change instead of always just sitting around trying to find reasons to be sad and sulk all alone. So hopefully this next chapter will go over better and folks will be able to see what I'm inda trying to do with the story. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The story does have a small but loving fanbase though, and for them (you included) I'll keep writing anyway. You'll have to excuse me if I ignore all comments and questions about it until LONG after it's posted. Hehehe, another hit like that, and I'll quit writing completely.

Hey Comsie!

I hope you recieved my email reguarding Nights Eternal. I too love the fact you are submersing US into the vampire world even more. I look forward to more installments!

BTW! I hope you are enjoying your "retirement"! It seems you are doing more now than before!

~HUGZ~

Bubba

• 3 weeks later...

I love all of Comsies stories! They are truly inspiring! I especialy love GFD i mean Justin and Taryn are the perfect couple and I cant wait to find out what happens to them when Vampire Dawn comes!

I Love You Comsie!

You have inspired me! Keep writing your amazing stories!

LOL also stands for Lots Of Love! SOOOO...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!

BYE!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..