American Differences

so no birthday party for conner??

I imagining matt sleeping next to jamie

matt having a bad dream - Li and Hayley - rubbing lotion on jamie at the beach

Yep, Talon hit the nail on the head there. They're going to meet up over Connor's house later on.

Are you trying to give me a heart attack!?!?! :D That'd have to be one hell of a nightmare for Matt. (Shudders at the thought of Hayley's hands on Jamie!)

Yep, Talon hit the nail on the head there. They're going to meet up over Connor's house later on.

Are you trying to give me a heart attack!?!?! :D That'd have to be one hell of a nightmare for Matt. (Shudders at the thought of Hayley's hands on Jamie!)

When is Jamie going to give us a surfer story??

Maybe Jamie have a dream too - matt been kidnapped and taken to a gay reprogram camp. Hayley and Li knows where jamie is. They will tell Jamie only if he sleeps with them and some hanky panky. Jamie rushes to rescue matt but he's too late. Matt Straight.

Can you imagine both of them waking up in each others arms ??

and too embrassed to tell each other the exact details of each others dreams

It be scary for us readers to know where Haley's and Li been rubbing.

and the scary look Jamie in the need of rescue

or Jamie checking Matt if he's still gay during the course of the day at school as he notices Matt checking out the girls.

Its only then when they tell each other their scary dreams that they get relief of whats going on.

Mmm, I guess I finally found a thread I liked to post on. First post XD

A few pages back, you said chapter 8 is where the story 'begins'. I wouldn't necessarily say so. Given the events that occured after chapter 8 I often read back to the first few chapters to seek refuge mentally, not because I forgot any particular part of it, but it's because I WANT to read it. There's a big difference in that.

I also quite like the fact that both character exhibits a fair amount of dominance - as some of the gay fiction I read often involved a emasculated male needing a strong masculine hug from a muscular guy, wanting to be looked after all the time etc - that kinda stuff makes me squirm. But at least you're not doing it here and I respect that.

If you don't mind me asking: how much of yourself did you put into the story? Do you find more of yourself in Jamie, Matt, both, or neither? It is sometimes possible to get an insight into the author through the writing, I find, and I am interested to know whether your novel is based on any real life experiences.

When is Jamie going to give us a surfer story??

Maybe Jamie have a dream too - matt been kidnapped and taken to a gay reprogram camp. Hayley and Li knows where jamie is. They will tell Jamie only if he sleeps with them and some hanky panky. Jamie rushes to rescue matt but he's too late. Matt Straight.

Can you imagine both of them waking up in each others arms ??

and too embrassed to tell each other the exact details of each others dreams

It be scary for us readers to know where Haley's and Li been rubbing.

and the scary look Jamie in the need of rescue

or Jamie checking Matt if he's still gay during the course of the day at school as he notices Matt checking out the girls.

Its only then when they tell each other their scary dreams that they get relief of whats going on.

Hehehe, surfer story? You mean he has one to tell? ;)

Damn, hh5! You really are conjuring up some nightmares for me! Stop it! :D

Ok, so Matt goes to a 'reprogram' camp...there's a problem right there because it wouldn't work (Ok, if it's a nightmare then the impossible can happen! So for argument sake, in the nightmare, Matt turns straight).

Alright, so after that...Whoa!!! They get blackmail Jamie to do WHAT?!?!?:lol: Now you're really scaring me!

Ok, perhaps Hayley could go to those extremes if she really wanted to deal with a pissed off Matt, but I really don't think Li would go THAT far!

(Deep breaths) I don't know if I can forgive you for that, hh5! I think we should 'demote' you to hh4 for painting that 'troubling' picture for us!

(I'm kidding, but it's still freaky!)

Mmm, I guess I finally found a thread I liked to post on. First post XD

A few pages back, you said chapter 8 is where the story 'begins'. I wouldn't necessarily say so. Given the events that occured after chapter 8 I often read back to the first few chapters to seek refuge mentally, not because I forgot any particular part of it, but it's because I WANT to read it. There's a big difference in that.

I also quite like the fact that both character exhibits a fair amount of dominance - as some of the gay fiction I read often involved a emasculated male needing a strong masculine hug from a muscular guy, wanting to be looked after all the time etc - that kinda stuff makes me squirm. But at least you're not doing it here and I respect that.

If you don't mind me asking: how much of yourself did you put into the story? Do you find more of yourself in Jamie, Matt, both, or neither? It is sometimes possible to get an insight into the author through the writing, I find, and I am interested to know whether your novel is based on any real life experiences.

Welcome, Circle! Glad to see you made it over to the forums! :2thumbs:

Firstly I'd like to say, Great Post! And secondly: Lets take a look!

Thanks, I see where you're coming from. But do note that when I say 'begins', I'm not discrediting or implying that the previous seven chapters 'aren't up to scratch'! No, what I meant was that the story has reached its 'prime'. You see, I always wanted American Differences to portray teen life outside the closet, rather than the usual 'sneaking around' behind everyone's backs. In chapter 8, this quickly becomes a reality and sets the scene for the rest of the story, a scene without a closet. -(For the most part!)

Hehehe, I know what you mean there. Yeah, that's very much how I'd see their relationship to be. While either of them wouldn't mind a hug from the other, neither of them are 'set' in a more 'dominating' role. They're both equal, which also means that they cancel each other out. Similarly, neither of them are primarily 'submissive' either (I'm not just talking about sex here!). We see this in scenes like the 'challenge for dominance' scene in chapter 13, when a casual sporting event turns into something more! Something that really gets the testosterone pumping!

Hmm...With Matt being the protagonist, I did base some of his qualities on me. Saying that, there are areas that I purposely made quite different, to make him an interesting character to write for. For instance: we're similar in the way that we would both stand up for something we believe in, but on the other hand, while Matt likes drawing, I don't really like to draw.

As for real life experiences, for the most part, no. There are a few exceptions, however, like some things that have happened in the school scenes, happened in my school years. (No, not the Hayley scenes!) ;-) But aside from that, the rest of it is entirely fictitious.

Well, actually, when I talked about dominance, I was referring to the scene where Jamie told Matt 'You like it with me...in charge?' (Wow, I actually remember quotations off by heart) That was the bit I was talking about. But I liked the sports scene too - an interesting exchange between the British and the American culture. I find that dialogue at Conner's house hugely entertaining.

I'd thought you'd probably be a lot more similar to Matt in the ways you describe there. But again, there's nothing wrong with it. Sometimes it's a reader's pleasure to know the author as a person as well, through reading. And as a student of literature, I kinda picked out which bits are the personality coming through anyway, so you don't have to explain :)

As I'm new here, would you like to tell me what exactly is considered 'cliche' highschool writing on this site? I'm sure it means different to everyone but I thought I'd start collecting opinions from somewhere, and you seemed the right person to ask. Of course I'm not willing to write something cliche, but it's impossible if I don't know what their features are.

Then, there's always the question of when you're writing more, because after reading this story I don't feel like reading anything else. And I'm suppose to start writing my own story a couple of weeks ago...

P.S. Is it impossible to edit your story on eFiction? Oh, and is Matt + Jamie's relationship going to be unchanging all the way throughout?

Well, actually, when I talked about dominance, I was referring to the scene where Jamie told Matt 'You like it with me...in charge?' (Wow, I actually remember quotations off by heart) That was the bit I was talking about. But I liked the sports scene too - an interesting exchange between the British and the American culture. I find that dialogue at Conner's house hugely entertaining.

I'd thought you'd probably be a lot more similar to Matt in the ways you describe there. But again, there's nothing wrong with it. Sometimes it's a reader's pleasure to know the author as a person as well, through reading. And as a student of literature, I kinda picked out which bits are the personality coming through anyway, so you don't have to explain :)

As I'm new here, would you like to tell me what exactly is considered 'cliche' highschool writing on this site? I'm sure it means different to everyone but I thought I'd start collecting opinions from somewhere, and you seemed the right person to ask. Of course I'm not willing to write something cliche, but it's impossible if I don't know what their features are.

Then, there's always the question of when you're writing more, because after reading this story I don't feel like reading anything else. And I'm suppose to start writing my own story a couple of weeks ago...

P.S. Is it impossible to edit your story on eFiction? Oh, and is Matt + Jamie's relationship going to be unchanging all the way throughout?

Good work on recalling that quote! ;) Yeah, there are a few scenes where I challenge the whole 'fight for dominance' kinda thing. Matt often plays about with Jamie being more dominant, but in the sports scene, we see that they're both 'dominant' in their own respect. It's going to be a reoccurring theme throughout the story.

I dunno, I find it more entertaining to write from the perspective of someone else. If I made Matt more like me, then it wouldn't be as fun. Similarly, by having aspects of Matt that are quite different from myself, it better allows me to 'distinguish' between how he'd react in a situation to how I'd react. It's a hard thing to explain, but I like where I am with Matt.

Hehehe, cliches. Right, well there's one that most highschool stories follow, which is the 'new boy in school' kinda thing. I done it here, but put the American 'twist' to it. Had I not had something different like that, I wouldn't have entered an already populated genre. Ermmm, there's another cliche where another gay character is introduced and usually ends up disrupting the two love-birds. As for me, I've stated that there's another gay character in the story (we've met the character), but I haven't outed them yet.

There's perhaps a few more, but I'd personally recommend that you check out Comicalitie's 'New Kid in School' story. It was one of the first highschool stories around, so many have mimicked the themes/layout. Don't read it thinking 'This is what not to do' because Comicality basically made the genre with that story, instead read it thinking, 'what not to copy'. Ideally, if you want to write in this genre, (and do well) bring something new to the table. Something that other people will (hopefully) love. I hope that answers that.

Awww, thanks for that, but there really are some great stories written on this site, so you could check them out. As for writing more...I have a few things to 'announce' real soon!

You can edit the stories once you've uploaded them in eFiction, but it's a little bit cramped in there. And as I import my files as .html, they can go a little mad if I try to edit them.

Hehehe, I can't answer that! :D No, in all seriousness, they're in a relationship, so that inherently means that they're in for a ride. Sometimes things go up, and others they go down. Kinda like a roller-coaster.

Mmm, yeah, the new boy in school is indeed quite common. I've read that in a lot of gay fiction on other sites too. That I won't try to avoid however, because it's already in my story ...

I shall patiently wait for the next installment.

Mmm, yeah, the new boy in school is indeed quite common. I've read that in a lot of gay fiction on other sites too. That I won't try to avoid however, because it's already in my story ...

I shall patiently wait for the next installment.

Hehehe, the good thing about using that setting is that it's an easy way into the situation. I mean if there's always been this cute, hot gay guy in your class, how come you never made a move? So by having him show up when the story begins, everything's ready for the taking, so to speak.

Regardless, I look forward to checking out your story. :2thumbs:

Damn, someone else beat me to it. Good chapter, really that is what I need right now.

I was reading Comicalty's New Kid in School story you told me about, and got to about 19 chapters into it - you had me turning away feeling embarassed! Is it possible that you might have gotten influence from him, I wonder? Certainly the Unngh thing was there and well, and the mirror-examining-self scene and all. Just a guess anyway. Looking at this story now I feel very comfortable and dreamy again, and wondered ... when are they going to have sex again?!

I guess I still prefer this - it's emotionally more balanced and you have established something delicate here, which compels the reader's respect.

• Site Moderator

It seems that Max is starting to come around more. It was his idea as to what to do about the Li problem. It was good to see that Jamie and Matt didn't shove the night into his face and treated as night out with the guys.

Damn, someone else beat me to it. Good chapter, really that is what I need right now.

I was reading Comicalty's New Kid in School story you told me about, and got to about 19 chapters into it - you had me turning away feeling embarassed! Is it possible that you might have gotten influence from him, I wonder? Certainly the Unngh thing was there and well, and the mirror-examining-self scene and all. Just a guess anyway. Looking at this story now I feel very comfortable and dreamy again, and wondered ... when are they going to have sex again?!

I guess I still prefer this - it's emotionally more balanced and you have established something delicate here, which compels the reader's respect.

Thanks, Circle!

Embarrassed?!?! Why were you embarrassed?:wacko:

I've had a few people compare my writing style to Comsie's, and there are some similar elements. But it isn't something that I go out of my way to do, how I write is how I do so naturally. But I do admit PUBLICLY that I stole the 'Unngh' from Comsie. B) As for the mirror scene, I've seen that done in a few stories, so I just think it's one of those things that crop up in this genre. I only used it because it's something that I'm sure we've all done in real life. Looking into a mirror, trying to recognise the reflection.

Hehehe, well Jamie said something about 'this weekend' so I dunno...:P

Awww thanks for that! Yeah, balancing things out is one of the harder parts. I want to keep it realistic, yet entertaining. It's a hard line to walk, but I think I've done not too bad so far.

It seems that Max is starting to come around more. It was his idea as to what to do about the Li problem. It was good to see that Jamie and Matt didn't shove the night into his face and treated as night out with the guys.

With Matt's parents out of the immediate picture, he only has to focus on Max's attitude towards him. And with the way things seem to be going, it's looks like Max is on the right track.

Yes, that was very much my intention in this chapter. I wanted to take the sexuality out of the equation for a while, and just leave it as a boys night out.

Thanks, Circle!

Embarrassed?!?! Why were you embarrassed?wacko.gif

I've had a few people compare my writing style to Comsie's, and there are some similar elements. But it isn't something that I go out of my way to do, how I write is how I do so naturally. But I do admit PUBLICLY that I stole the 'Unngh' from Comsie. cool.gif As for the mirror scene, I've seen that done in a few stories, so I just think it's one of those things that crop up in this genre. I only used it because it's something that I'm sure we've all done in real life. Looking into a mirror, trying to recognise the reflection.

Hehehe, well Jamie said something about 'this weekend' so I dunno...tongue.gif

Awww thanks for that! Yeah, balancing things out is one of the harder parts. I want to keep it realistic, yet entertaining. It's a hard line to walk, but I think I've done not too bad so far.

With Matt's parents out of the immediate picture, he only has to focus on Max's attitude towards him. And with the way things seem to be going, it's looks like Max is on the right track.

Yes, that was very much my intention in this chapter. I wanted to take the sexuality out of the equation for a while, and just leave it as a boys night out.

I'll get around to reading Comicalty's story in a bit. But as a personal reference, I tend to get embarassed when there are lots of lust or carnal images or those ... actions ... in the writing. So you can guess I was *very* embarassed...

Yeah. Quote from American Difference:

"..Jam..-Unnngggh!"

Wondering what sort of sound that was. Couldn't pronounce it at all. But it was ... interesting. But reading too much Comicalty's stories made me wonder where all your sex scenes had been hiding!

Also, I did forget to comment that it was nice to have zero hostility for just one chapter. Really nice.

P.S. Did you plan the whole thing or are you writing as you go along? The latter is harder of course, but I asked simply out of curiousity.

Edited by Circle

I'll get around to reading Comicalty's story in a bit. But as a personal reference, I tend to get embarassed when there are lots of lust or carnal images or those ... actions ... in the writing. So you can guess I was *very* embarassed...

Yeah. Quote from American Difference:

"..Jam..-Unnngggh!"

Wondering what sort of sound that was. Couldn't pronounce it at all. But it was ... interesting. But reading too much Comicalty's stories made me wonder where all your sex scenes had been hiding!

Also, I did forget to comment that it was nice to have zero hostility for just one chapter. Really nice.

P.S. Did you plan the whole thing or are you writing as you go along? The latter is harder of course, but I asked simply out of curiousity.

Hehehe, really? They make you embarrassed? :D (Note to self: MORE sex scenes, just for Circle!):D

Hmm, I guess it's kinda hard to pronounce...It's more like a sigh/grunt/strain kinda sound. Jeez, I dunno, ask Comsie! Perhaps he could record an mp3 of it or something! :P

Yeah, there's a lot more sex in Comsie's stuff. The reason for that is simply because the characters have more time alone. If Matt & Jamie had no siblings and only had one parent at home, then they'd most likely be 'together' more often. It just so happens that they don't always have time alone.

Thanks! I didn't want there to be any real 'action' in this chapter. I toyed around the idea of having them bump into Hayley or Li, but that would be pushing things too far! (And it would have been ridiculous!):lol:

As a whole, I know where the I want the story to go and what I want to happen (events and stuff) in the chapters, but I do the 'mass writing' part as I go along.;)

Hey emulated wouldn't it be interesting if this happen ...

Jamie tries wearing Matts clothes one day to school.

Then loses a piece of clothing or did he?

Matt wears something of Jamie and then same thing happens.

Hayley and Li confronts Jamie and Matt

They both show their souvuneirs

Matt and Jamie snatch back their pieces of clothing

The girls screamed in horror on whose clothes they belong to

weren't who they thought they belong to

Matt wakes up in cold sweat from his nap

Matt notices Jamie walking in twirling around his finger

the missing piece of clothing Matt had losted

"I sure hope you washed it!!"

0:)............Of course it was washed!!!! :devil:

Edited by Benji

B)...................Humm, what a mild chapter! No angst (except for the embarrassed) 0:)

"..Jam..-Unnngggh!"is American slang, kinda of like a sneeze!! :lmao: OMG!! (mein gott) errrrrrrrr.. So you see there was no sexual intent at all, in this poorly scripted scene in the bedroom where all that took place was a simple exchange of clothes between mates!!

(WTF, do you think you are reading in this site)< <<<<

Nice quiet chapter, looking forward to more!!

Edited by Benji

Hehehe, really? They make you embarrassed? biggrin.gif (Note to self: MORE sex scenes, just for Circle!)biggrin.gif

And for me :) One of the things I really like about this story is that sometimes there is actually not a lot happening but it is STILL rivetting (sp?) In case you haven't notice I am 'miss drama' and there is always something 'happening' in my stories. I get antzy when I am writing 'filler' chapters that people are going to get bored and put off by the lack of drama. I sometimes forget that people can't work on high octane all the time and I sometimes think that reading my stuff can be more of an ordeal that an pleasurable release, which is what stories really should be, and what this story is. Sure there is drama, plenty of it but it doesn't rely on the drama to be interesting. It is sweet because it is sweet, if that makes sense. More sex would be good though :)devilsmiley.gif

Hehehe, really? They make you embarrassed? biggrin.gif (Note to self: MORE sex scenes, just for Circle!)biggrin.gif

Hmm, I guess it's kinda hard to pronounce...It's more like a sigh/grunt/strain kinda sound. Jeez, I dunno, ask Comsie! Perhaps he could record an mp3 of it or something! tongue.gif

Yeah, there's a lot more sex in Comsie's stuff. The reason for that is simply because the characters have more time alone. If Matt & Jamie had no siblings and only had one parent at home, then they'd most likely be 'together' more often. It just so happens that they don't always have time alone.

Thanks! I didn't want there to be any real 'action' in this chapter. I toyed around the idea of having them bump into Hayley or Li, but that would be pushing things too far! (And it would have been ridiculous!)laugh.gif

As a whole, I know where the I want the story to go and what I want to happen (events and stuff) in the chapters, but I do the 'mass writing' part as I go along.wink.gif

Not sure about this whole obsession with sex (Or, Comsie would put it, the 'action'), because I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have the same obsession ...

Anyway, I don't think Comsie have more sex scenes *because* the characters have more time. That I highly disagree. As the author, you are a God. You *make* time. In Comsie's case, there was sex in the hospital, boy's bathroom, Matt's basement, Ryan's room, Ryan's kitchen, or another hotel room, just to name a few. Few days could've gone by without any of the guys having sex, but in fact it was only a chapter ago. Time could be made simply if one goes to see another, bump into each other in shopping centres (I insist it is not mall). Since Matt is in the care of Conner's parents for now - how could there be no time?

Would one of them eventually have humped Hayley or Li? (If I'm correct, Li, in Chinese - and because I am Chinese - is a surname. Are you aware of this?)

In terms of subtlety, I still like this story better. Remembering all the moments when Conner pointed at the computer and said 'Omigod, he didn't saw you watching...watching...' that, and, 'Wanna trade bookmarks later?' which Jamie said, and on fourth reading did I understand the implication. Very naughty!

And actually, I don't mind sex scenes of this story - at least it doesn't happen every chapter. In a way you make those moments special. If anything I think it has gone on too long without it now. Everyone knows Jamie is hot, and you are denying us the satisfaction. I know you feel like a God, and all, so can we please pray that you give us a satisfying sex scene (umm, maybe a loving one, rather than a carnal one...).

*shudders*

If you've got a speech program, it will give you a rough idea of what Unnngggh sounds like.

Hehehe, I tried that, but it messes up a little. Microsoft Sam (the voice) needs a little more emotion. :D

That's much better than your comment from last time! At least it doesn't involve the girls 'abusing' the boys!

Hehehe, yeah, that'd be quite an interesting scene indeed! With the girls being 'deceived' like that.

And yep, I hope it was washed! :D

0:)............Of course it was washed!!!! :devil:

Hehehe...I agree...;)

B)...................Humm, what a mild chapter! No angst (except for the embarrassed) 0:)

"..Jam..-Unnngggh!"is American slang, kinda of like a sneeze!! :lmao: OMG!! (mein gott) errrrrrrrr.. So you see there was no sexual intent at all, in this poorly scripted scene in the bedroom where all that took place was a simple exchange of clothes between mates!!

(WTF, do you think you are reading in this site)< <<<<

Nice quiet chapter, looking forward to more!!

Thanks, Benji!

American slang? Hmmm, I'm sure we (Brits) make similar sounds. :P

Poorly scripted? You must be talking about 'New Kid' then! :D As there was no 'exchange of clothes' in this story. (At least so far!)

And for me :) One of the things I really like about this story is that sometimes there is actually not a lot happening but it is STILL rivetting (sp?) In case you haven't notice I am 'miss drama' and there is always something 'happening' in my stories. I get antzy when I am writing 'filler' chapters that people are going to get bored and put off by the lack of drama. I sometimes forget that people can't work on high octane all the time and I sometimes think that reading my stuff can be more of an ordeal that an pleasurable release, which is what stories really should be, and what this story is. Sure there is drama, plenty of it but it doesn't rely on the drama to be interesting. It is sweet because it is sweet, if that makes sense. More sex would be good though :)devilsmiley.gif

[Note to self: AND for Miss drama Nephylim!]:D

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Yep, I've noticed that in your writing. You have no idea how much my heart pumps when I read your work! (But I wouldn't call it an ordeal!!!). But I agree with what you're saying. It's a hard thing to balance out, a mix between action, and some 'quiet time', but it's just like real life in that regard. There are times when things are up in the air, and there are times when we're chilling it out. Taking it easy.

It's hard to notice that when reading a series, so you have some chapters that might be 'slower' than others. But when I come to write, instead of having everything in one chapter, I spread it over several, or throughout the novel. So by the end, everything would have been balanced out.

Not sure about this whole obsession with sex (Or, Comsie would put it, the 'action'), because I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have the same obsession ...

Anyway, I don't think Comsie have more sex scenes *because* the characters have more time. That I highly disagree. As the author, you are a God. You *make* time. In Comsie's case, there was sex in the hospital, boy's bathroom, Matt's basement, Ryan's room, Ryan's kitchen, or another hotel room, just to name a few. Few days could've gone by without any of the guys having sex, but in fact it was only a chapter ago. Time could be made simply if one goes to see another, bump into each other in shopping centres (I insist it is not mall). Since Matt is in the care of Conner's parents for now - how could there be no time?

Would one of them eventually have humped Hayley or Li? (If I'm correct, Li, in Chinese - and because I am Chinese - is a surname. Are you aware of this?)

In terms of subtlety, I still like this story better. Remembering all the moments when Conner pointed at the computer and said 'Omigod, he didn't saw you watching...watching...' that, and, 'Wanna trade bookmarks later?' which Jamie said, and on fourth reading did I understand the implication. Very naughty!

And actually, I don't mind sex scenes of this story - at least it doesn't happen every chapter. In a way you make those moments special. If anything I think it has gone on too long without it now. Everyone knows Jamie is hot, and you are denying us the satisfaction. I know you feel like a God, and all, so can we please pray that you give us a satisfying sex scene (umm, maybe a loving one, rather than a carnal one...).

*shudders*

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you there. FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT! :lol:

Ok, let's bear one thing in mind here: Chapter 7 was based on a Saturday, and Chapter 18 ends on the following Friday. So the chapters in between cover six days. Now you must also remember what has just happened to Matt. He's been kicked out of his home, his parents are seemingly in some form of denial, and he's away from his brother. I don't think that sex was the first thing on his mind. So it's not a matter of me 'playing God', I'm just trying to be realistic.

I know it's been a LOOONG time for you guys, but American Differences was written to greater explain that sequence between 'Coming out' and 'Being accepted by the ones you love'. So the chapters were written with the purpose to cover every small detail during that time, rather than skip a few days, or weeks to when things were better for them.

Now, in the most recent chapters, I've mentioned his parents less and less. The reason being that Matt is getting used to the idea of living away from them. It is also during this time when he starts to feel more 'sexual' towards Jamie, now that his stress levels have dropped some.

So in short; I haven't been avoiding it, I simply felt that it wouldn't sit well during the current events and arc of the story. Will there be more sex? Of course. But it will only come when the time is right.

As for bumping into Hayley or Li, Matt had only found out about Li earlier that day, so while they may cross paths outside school, it'd be really coincidental if they met each other on that very evening. As for her name, yes, I have Li as a surname in another one of my stories, but here it's a first name.

Hehehe, I'm just keeping with the times! :P No, I like the idea of those 'subtle hints', it adds another layer to the story. (And there's a few about, so keep an eye out!)

Wow! Putting words in my mouth, much? ;) I don't feel like a God!!! :lol: No, I take the story very seriously, because I really want you guys to enjoy reading it. So I don't feel all powerful because I decide what happens next, if anything, I like to think the story writes itself, and I am but a means to show it to you.

But to answer the real question on EVERYONE's mind: Yes, there will be lots of hot, passionate, romantic, (and in your case) embarrasing sex. Soon. (And that's ALL I'm going to say!);)

Well, I guess maybe sex is not the first thing on his mind but, it could at least take the characters/reader's minds off the depressing bits for a bit...

As for the embarassing sex, we'll see how far you can make me blush.

• 2 weeks later...