[DomLuka] 24 is up.........

Much love for this chapter. But I have to say, I don't think that Travis was justified in pushing Dennis to go to his mom's in the last scene like that. Dennis has good reasons for wanting to avoid his family, and moreover, for wanting to avoid his family finding out about situations like Dennis/Travis. Especially since Travis now knows the whole story with Lyle and Ben and Leo (thanks for that, Dom!), I think he should be in a better position to understand that Dennis shouldn't be pushed until he's ready.

On the other hand, Dennis's self-loathing and self-pity have both gone on long enough. In general, I think Travis is good for him. I just worry - as Dennis does - about Travis going too far.

That was a great verbal ass-kicking that Nicky gave Kyle, by the way. As a lot of us suspected, Kyle is a good guy who just can't get over the fact that not everything is about him. And Travis has been very secretive with his so-called good friend; I can understand why Kyle would be pissed. But, time for him to get over it, apologize and move on. Travis deserves better from Kyle, and Nicky was absolutely right to point that out.

I'm just really happy to see the new chapters, because I love this story so much and am glad it's being continued.

Dennis has good reasons for wanting to avoid his family, and moreover, for wanting to avoid his family finding out about situations like Dennis/Travis. Especially since Travis now knows the whole story with Lyle and Ben and Leo (thanks for that, Dom!),

And Travis knows that ! I think that Travis behaved that way for a reason. I must have something of a plan, to "help" Dennis. I trust him :P But maybe he shouldn't be sticking his nose in Dennis's business like that... we'll see, and looking forward to !

I love to see how the Dennis/Travis relationship is progressing, they are just so cute together :wub:

I'm worried, this was the last chapter already written by Dom ? So, does it mean that the next one might be up in a while ?

I've been wanting to read over the last chapter again and see if there was any hint there towards the end as to why Travis pushed him to go. As far as I could tell Travis dislikes most of Dennis' family save John just as much as anyone else (excluding Dennis) and I can't see any reason why he'd want to push. It may just be me, but I think it's good for Dennis to keep away from them and unless Travis' intention is to get them all in one room together so Dennis can possibly lash out and/or get some sort of...closure, I don't really see why he would.

I look forward to finding out.

I've been wanting to read over the last chapter again and see if there was any hint there towards the end as to why Travis pushed him to go. As far as I could tell Travis dislikes most of Dennis' family save John just as much as anyone else (excluding Dennis) and I can't see any reason why he'd want to push. It may just be me, but I think it's good for Dennis to keep away from them and unless Travis' intention is to get them all in one room together so Dennis can possibly lash out and/or get some sort of...closure, I don't really see why he would.

When I read it, I was thinking that Travis had two goals in mind. One, the opportunity to needle Mrs. Gordon (which he'd be used to doing when he worked for Mr. Gordon), and 2nd to solidify/publicize that Dennis & Travis were together. I think Travis was doing it more for Travis than for Dennis.

Lol, that's just...so like him, I don't know why it didn't occur to me. Though, I still think there had to be more of a reason for him. A reason that would be 'for Dennis' because as Cyn said, Dennis has good reasons for wanting to avoid his family and now that Travis knows what they are, I find it hard to believe he'd push him into a dinner with his family without a 'for Dennis' reason. Also, there's a line at the end...Travis says something like 'lighten up...' ...or possibly 'get over it...I' and it seems like he's about to give an explanation, but Dennis interrupts him.

and 2nd to solidify/publicize that Dennis & Travis were together. I think Travis was doing it more for Travis than for Dennis.

I can't believe that.

Up to that point and even though he had to deal with growing feelings, Travis has always been sensitive about how he was suppose to behave in order not to hurt or upser Dennis. And Travis has to know that his family is the most sensible subject for dennis, so he can't have done that for purely selfish reason. That would be too much of a u-turn in his behavior and his way of thinking.

And also a dramatic marital suicide :wacko:

You're overlooking how Travis and Dennis feel about the Gordon's. While Travis dislikes them and finds them irritating, Dennis still fears them. I think Travis is trying to help Dennis get over that fear, to see them as just people. Dennis will never be able to move on with his life if he doesn't. He can't just continue to ignore them, he's got to learn to deal with them.

All this analysis about Travis's "plan" or "motive" ignores one basic fact: Travis is spontaneous. He doesn't analyse and calculate, he just acts. His big mouth gets him into trouble a lot, in fact.

I honestly think that he just pushed Dennis to go as a spur-of-the-moment thing, using his glibness and his habit of getting in the face of anyone who tries to push him around. I don't think it was all that well thought-out.

And personally, I think Travis is a bit hypocritical; he hates anyone nosing around in his own private business, and has lots of defense mechanisms and deflection techniques to avoid answering questions about himself. But he seems to think he has the right to nose around in everyone else's business, Dennis's included. I don't mean this all that negatively, I mean, I like Travis, but I can see how Dennis would be pissed off about this.

Should be interesting to see how the whole thing plays out.

All this analysis about Travis's "plan" or "motive" ignores one basic fact: Travis is spontaneous. He doesn't analyse and calculate, he just acts. His big mouth gets him into trouble a lot, in fact.

Good point :D .

Could you imagine Travis & Taylor together? :wacko:

Then what would you call this behaviour?

It's not the same. Here there's no dealing with the Gordon family. I just can't believe that Travis would do such a thing without a very very good reason... Maybe he just said that to make Mrs Gordon drop the subject and leave Dennis alone for a little while; just enough time to let Travis organize a huge and fantastic plan to set Dennis free of his family forever... we never know :D

I think that Travis spontaneously takes advantage of the situation in order to help Dennis confront his family, as Sharon has pointed out:

You're overlooking how Travis and Dennis feel about the Gordons. While Travis dislikes them and finds them irritating, Dennis still fears them. I think Travis is trying to help Dennis get over that fear, to see them as just people. Dennis will never be able to move on with his life if he doesn't. He can't just continue to ignore them, he's got to learn to deal with them.

In chapter 23, Travis said something to small Michael that suggests that interpretation:

My point was that as great as Travis seems, it's never cool to out someone before he's ready. Especially to his family. Especially after he's told you the excellent reasons he has for not wanting to be outed to his family. Travis should respect Dennis's wishes on this one, rather than forcing his hand.

I think Travis is going so he can pick a fight with Lyle and ruin the party, along with eat food. Remember, Travis wanted to kick Lyle's butt in a few previous chapters, and with him finding out about what happened to Ben, and why Dennis's relationship is so rocky with Leo, it basically justs adds fuel to the fire.

Travis is the kind of guy that most likely would go after someone for bullcrap that they pulled, especially since Lyle and Dennis got into it in one of the other chapters, and since he doesn't have much of a care in the world for anything, he's not afraid of getting into fights.

Just my take on the situation.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why Travis pushed Dennis to that dinner party.

But I can guess...

Probably Travis subsconsciously feels that if Dennis doesn't face his nightmare,

then Dennis will forever be the current Dennis.

Remember when Travis wanted to hold Dennis but held himself?

Probably Travis does want to be seen to be with Dennis,

instead of hiding inside the room :)