Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

IT'S THAT TIME

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
Jan, I believe there is an error in your listing...

It should be:

C James

dkstories

Dom Luka

Graeme

shadowgod

Does this mean that you and I are in a fight for last place? :P

Why that didn't even occur to me Graeme. Simply put to avoid a bias, the list should be alphabetized. It is only fair, if it isn't people might perceive one author as being in the lead nomination wise, and thus give up nominating said author.

Alphabetizing therefore makes perfect sense. :)

• Site Administrator
Signatures: what's going on?

Could anyone clear up the issue of the signatures? Is it technically possible for anyone but a member to edit his/ her signature? If yes, who can actually perform such a dastardly deed?

It is technically possible for anyone to change any other person's signature. All you need is access to the underlying database and knowledge of SQL.

At a different level, some staff members have the ability to edit user accounts. All of those staff members, however, are trustworthy and beyond reproach, and would never do that for nefarious reasons.....

Graeme is quite correct!

Fear not... there are logs that can determine who is editing signatures.

(hint... it isn't me!)

I think it's safe to say that whomsoever is editing signatures, due to it involving a cliffhanger election, has given us quite a cliffhanger (the identity of the culprit) and thus the culprit should be elected King (or, if female, Queen) of cliffhangers.

Can we all agree on this?

CJ :)

• Site Administrator
At a different level, some staff members have the ability to edit user accounts. All of those staff members, however, are trustworthy and beyond reproach, and would never do that for nefarious reasons.....

Now when you say staff members, do you mean people? Cause if you mean people, than it would be fair to assume Goats are excluded :wacko:

• Site Administrator
I think it's safe to say that whomsoever is editing signatures, due to it involving a cliffhanger election, has given us quite a cliffhanger (the identity of the culprit) and thus the culprit should be elected King (or, if female, Queen) of cliffhangers.

Can we all agree on this?

No. A cliffhanger should have a wider impact than just a few members in the forum. Something like... say... posting a chapter at Christmas time (eg. Dec 2007) where it appears that a much loved character has been killed while rock climbing....

Or maybe a chapter where a crippled bizjet whose pilot has been killed is being targetted by missiles, and no apparent way that they can survive the missiles and land safely.

We should be looking for something like that. :D

No. A cliffhanger should have a wider impact than just a few members in the forum. Something like... say... posting a chapter at Christmas time (eg. Dec 2007) where it appears that a much loved character has been killed while rock climbing....

Or maybe a chapter where a crippled bizjet whose pilot has been killed is being targeted by missiles, and no apparent way that they can survive the missiles and land safely.

B) ...........Or a couple of bodies hanging around a bagel shop and gas station restroom?

Or maybe a chapter where a crippled bizjet whose pilot has been killed is being targetted by missiles, and no apparent way that they can survive the missiles and land safely.

ACK! Ummm, well, I have to say, I find your listed examples a bit.. non-inclusive! Those example would seem to lead the voters in one specific direction. That's not fair!!!

I do hereby urge to the votors to consider the fact that in one of Graeme's novels, the title character was in mortal danger of being hacked limb from limb is almost EVERY chapter!! And in that selfsame novel, a much beloved character was left at a chapter end at death's door, and then did indeed die! And the author described the act as akin to hitting the readers with a machine gun! (and I agree)...

And let's not forget his current work... The Price of Friendship. That has one of the most diabolical cliffhangers ever. I can't say what for fear of spoilers, but it's in a posted chapter... And that chapter was posted in 2008, so it is very much eligible for the Cliffhanger Award!

Edit to add: lest anyone interpret my post to mean that there is just one cliffhanger in TPoF, that is not true: there are many. Almost every chapter, in fact. Read it (the link is in Graeme's profile). It is an excellent story, but agoraphobics, beware!

CJ :)

B) ...........Or a couple of bodies hanging around a bagel shop and gas station restroom?

Yes, bodies, bodies, everywhere.. he's surrounded poor Cody by all manner of death, destruction, and now bodies strewn hither and yon. :o

Actually no. That was the order I found them in beginning with the first reply.

Jan, That wasn't entirely truthful now was it? C James name came up first in the category at post #4. Granted Cynic said the award should just be given to C James, but that still counts as a nomination... no? :)

Jan, That wasn't entirely truthful now was it? C James name came up first in the category at post #4. Granted Cynic said the award should just be given to C James, but that still counts as a nomination... no? :)

:P .............Tho protested to much!!!

No just making sure the facts as represented remain truthful.

If you want me to protest I can...

Tsk, Tsk, now, now, Shadowyness, that post by Cynic merely asked a question, so its probably not a nomination.

Okay, okay, let's end all the dissension. Can't we all just come together, united for the common good, and support Shadowgod for King of Cliffhangers?

Or, what about Graeme? It's his first year of eligibility for King of Cliffhangers.

Let the campaign begin!

Tsk, Tsk, now, now, Shadowyness, that post by Cynic merely asked a question, so its probably not a nomination.

Okay, okay, let's end all the dissension. Can't we all just come together, united for the common good, and support Shadowgod for King of Cliffhangers?

Or, what about Graeme? It's his first year of eligibility for King of Cliffhangers.

Let the campaign begin!

Humm Graeme or Shadowyness, tough pick between to two!!! :lol:

Let the campaign begin!

My *$$ that was a nomination and you know it :P

And why preclude yourself goat? I may have to give up voting for krista and vote for you.... :)

Humm Graeme or Shadowyness, tough pick between to two!!! :lol:

Perhaps we should have some kind of a tiebreaker, and pick which one we should all support? (It's called block-voting, and it can work!)

Want to give it a try? What say you all?

Perhaps we should have some kind of a tiebreaker, and pick which one we should all support? (It's called block-voting, and it can work!)

Want to give it a try? What say you all?

B) ........... :lol::lol::lol: ............Tiebreaker?? Should we not support our favorite cliffhanger writer here??

B) ........... :lol::lol::lol: ............Tiebreaker?? Should we not support our favorite cliffhanger writer here??

That's the idea, but the concept of block-voting is to decide early between Shadowyness and Graeme, and then all vote for one of the two, in order to get them their award and crown.

So, who shall it be, Graeme or Shadowgod? I'll throw my support behind whichever of the two y'all pick. :)

That's the idea, but the concept of block-voting is to decide early between Shadowyness and Graeme, and then all vote for one of the two, in order to get them their award and crown.

So, who shall it be, Graeme or Shadowgod? I'll throw my support behind whichever of the two y'all pick. :)

BUT! I vote for Krista! It's been awhile since I've seen a chapter for Are You Christian. Thus! I can only conclude that it's a cliffhanger!

Phantom :ph34r:

• Site Administrator

Well I have an opinion on who should win, and here is the reason why:

For the past three years, we the readers of CJames' work have pleaded with him, begged him, even threatened him to get help. We suggested support groups, we suggested professional help, we even suggested addiction counseling. The one message that came through loud and clear, was that he needed to make the first step to recovery by admitting his weakness.

Then on April 29, 2008 CJ made a momentous post by finally admitting that he wrote a cliffhanger.

Now I believe in the concept of positive reinforcement. Be it with children, adults, dogs, or even goats. In order for something to become a habit, you must reinforce the positive things they do with positive actions. We must as a group elect CJ as the King of Evil Cliffhangers for 2008 as the positive reinforcement for his huge admission in 2008. I don't believe that with the exception of Dan, anyone else has made this admission, therefore we must reward CJ, as he took so long to admit to it.

I actually shudder when I think of the consequences of not reinforcing his admission.

So if you care about CJ, even so much as to say you love CJ, then do the right thing and cast a vote for him. I'm sure we will all reap the rewards for years to come.

Long live the King :king:

• Site Administrator
BUT! I vote for Krista! It's been awhile since I've seen a chapter for Are You Christian. Thus! I can only conclude that it's a cliffhanger!

Phantom :ph34r:

Now Eric/Phantom :P , may I suggest an alternative to your choice based on this criteria.

In August CJ announced that Jake should have been up then, and it will not be up until October. Now here we are in January, and where is Jake? :P

How long has it been since CJ released the anthology story to the next chapter as promised??? I think I need a calculator to figure it out.

So, no matter how much bleating the goat does about long waits between chapter releases with either Shadowgod or Krista, CJ has much surpassed both of them.

Steve B)

Now Eric/Phantom :P , may I suggest an alternative to your choice based on this criteria.

In August CJ announced that Jake should have been up then, and it will not be up until October. Now here we are in January, and where is Jake? :P

How long has it been since CJ released the anthology story to the next chapter as promised??? I think I need a calculator to figure it out.

So, no matter how much bleating the goat does about long waits between chapter releases with either Shadowgod or Krista, CJ has much surpassed both of them.

Steve B)

Steve, I am shocked by your response, the question is how long has it been since either Krista or his Shadowyness has released another chapter???? That in itself warrants a cliffhanging nomination. :lol:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..