The Pier by Surfgrommett

I think that the most moving sentence I have read anywhere is a sentence that you wrote in one of your responses to the reviews.

ive been to the pier many times myself. right now i can look back and just be thankful the rocks were soft....

That's amazing. You are amazing. Your writing is amazing and I for one am bloody thankful for the soft rocks.

I find it very difficult myself to understand why anyone would have a problem with someone puerely because of their sexuality. My daughter told me when she was 13 she was gay and it was never an issue. lots of her friends had problems with their parents and 'friends' and I kind of became the person they came to for support. It killed me.... well not literally but when you have fifteen year olds saying that you feel more like a mother and treat them better than their own mother does. f**k man... why do you have kids if you reject them when they aren't perfect, or exactly what you want them to be. You bring a perfect little person into the world to care for no matter what. You are their roots and give them their frame of reference so you're the ones failing guys not your kids.

Oops slipped into rant mode there. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent, that's how powerful your writing is. You are a beautiful young man and your parents should be incredibly proud of you... if they're no they're idiots... and you should be proud of youself. This was an incredible piece of writing... awesome

• Like 1

Sorry, I forgot to make this discussion thread! So here it is if anyone want's to comment on the story or talk about it or anything!

Hugs

Surf

Hmmm comments would I like to comment

I think ill offer you several x :worship:. Also in keepng with my current posting theme

coolstory.jpg

Apart from that all I will say is I think youve hit a really emotive and live issue and not only have you hit upon such an issue but youve nailed it as well. You almost managed a tear and im sure others will tell you how difficult that is.

I have to say your not providin any name or any way to identify really added to the story and what a way to end. Im not sure if this makes sense but the ending didnt say much and in doing so said an awful lot more.

Argh that doesnt make sense i think ill think about it and edit it when I work out how I wanna word it

I think that the most moving sentence I have read anywhere is a sentence that you wrote in one of your responses to the reviews.

ive been to the pier many times myself. right now i can look back and just be thankful the rocks were soft....

That's amazing. You are amazing. Your writing is amazing and I for one am bloody thankful for the soft rocks.

I find it very difficult myself to understand why anyone would have a problem with someone puerely because of their sexuality. My daughter told me when she was 13 she was gay and it was never an issue. lots of her friends had problems with their parents and 'friends' and I kind of became the person they came to for support. It killed me.... well not literally but when you have fifteen year olds saying that you feel more like a mother and treat them better than their own mother does. f**k man... why do you have kids if you reject them when they aren't perfect, or exactly what you want them to be. You bring a perfect little person into the world to care for no matter what. You are their roots and give them their frame of reference so you're the ones failing guys not your kids.

Oops slipped into rant mode there.

Hmmm comments would I like to comment

I think ill offer you several x :worship:. Also in keepng with my current posting theme

coolstory.jpg

Apart from that all I will say is I think youve hit a really emotive and live issue and not only have you hit upon such an issue but youve nailed it as well. You almost managed a tear and im sure others will tell you how difficult that is.

I have to say your not providin any name or any way to identify really added to the story and what a way to end. Im not sure if this makes sense but the ending didnt say much and in doing so said an awful lot more.

Argh that doesnt make sense i think ill think about it and edit it when I work out how I wanna word it

i understand completely and your response tells me that i wrote it just right because you felt what i wanted you to!

I think the way you worded it was perfect.

WHERE DO YOU GET THE CATS !!!!!!!!!

he owns a pussy farm obviously

CATS you perverts! Sheesh!

:)

i understand completely and your response tells me that i wrote it just right because you felt what i wanted you to!

B)....... As I stated before, your story held me captivated, I really did not know how it was going to end. I thought he might have found solace at the pier with an intervention with somebody, it wasn't until the onset of the morning news first being broadcast that I knew the demise of him was set in stone, well before the news of the young suicide. As I stated before also, it is such a shame that the parents 'woke' up to late, his last thread of life seemed to be broken to him, and it was his parents that he most wanted acceptance from. And know his parents will forever carry the guilt. And they weren't even an anti-gay group, or religious fanatics, just shocked enough to not realize the damage their silence carried.

I wish this story could be heard out into the heterosexual community of parents of gay children, instead of hearing about it afterwards!

Great Story!

An extremely well written story. In my book a Masterpiece.

It is, as Benji said, a story that every parent that has or might have a gay child should be required to read. Aw hell, every parent regardless of the sexuality of their children should be required to read it. Every child needs and should have the love and support of their parents, unconditionally, but as we all know, it is a sad truth that that is not the reality.

Fantastic bit of writing. Thank you.

Take Care

Tomas

guys,

i'm just like...wow

i don't know what to say. the responses i'm getting from you guys is...to say the least...overwhelming

the story comes from my heart...

i'm glad it touched all of yours.

i don't know what to say other than that. i'm kind of speechless

love,

Surf

• Site Administrator

As a parent I take the lesson you hit upon with their conversation in the story to heart. It doesn't matter if you know what to say or how to say it. It takes just 3 little words, "I love you." I use them every day, several times. I even try to get it in there when I'm mad, maybe to remind myself why I am not strangling someone when they just did a bad bad thing :P Thank goodness my bad bad things are so not of the magnitude the young man in your story faced.

I didn't worry about my sexuality as a teen. I didn't really spread it around though either. Facing ridicule wasn't something I was unused to so I knew to keep some things private but it never bothered me. I'm bi though so it's really not as much of an issue for me as for someone who really goes against 'societal norms'. Sometimes being yourself is not a good thing as you have pointed out with this. It takes strength to stand on your own two feet and not everyone has that. It's truly sad that any person who has family and friends should have to. Love costs nothing to share. A hug is pretty painless. A caring smile can brighten the worst day. Reaching out to someone you see troubled might be the one thing that holds them back from the brink of something they can't take back. If you don't take the time to help, to really do something valuable like helping others, you will never know.

You must keep writing surf. As I said in my review you have a wonderful talent for telling a story and really drawing a reader into the minds and hearts of the characters involved. Take the time to really learn the structure and 'science' behind writing and how to apply all the rules because if you pair that with your incredible skill to evoke emotion your stories will be truly great.

As I wrote at other places, I'd like to translate your story for use with the school project of the local Gay Center.

I've read a lot stories from similar German sites, but not a single impressed me as one as yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a note to everyone. I talked to Wilhelm at length and my story...a story meant for everyone to hear...is just about done being translated into German! Surf's going global baby! LOL!

In all seriousness I'm glad Wilhelm approached me. I have heard recently that being gay is still looked at as a mental illness in Germany (I don't know if that's true or not) but I pulled thats story out of my life and out of my head hoping that it could help people. Looks like my wish is coming true.

Hugzzz

Surf

• Like 1