Reviews for Case Dismissed!

Adrian Wesley and Frederic Richard meet at the Congress of Vienna in 1815. The Congress of Vienna was an international conference that was called to remake Europe and other parts of the world after the downfall of Napoleon. It takes a lot of courage to live in a time when sodomy was still a crime, punished with death penalty or prison and hard labour. The story is told from Frederic’s point of view.

Reviews:

Title: Chapter 9 - Wesley & Richard Reviewer: David McLeod

A very satisfying end to an excellent story. The words, "case dismissed" are, I suspect, equivalent to "and they lived happily ever after." On the other hand, Dolores has created some powerful characters who reside in an important city, at a crossroads of time. Perhaps we will see more of Adrian and Wesley.

Title: Chapter 8 - Illegal Activities Reviewer: David McLeod

The more things change, the more they stay the same. The realpolitik of the Conference is balanced by the realization that greed and cupidity operate at the micro level as well as at the international level. The police commissioner of Vienna is certainly no choir boy!

Title: Chapter 7 - Action Required Reviewer: David McLeod

Another fascinating chapter--and another mystery. I wish world history classes had been as interesting and well presented. The interaction of the author's fictional characters with great names and events of history makes all the difference.

Title: Chapter 6 - Stirred Emotions Reviewer: David McLeod

A mystery is introduced and solved; we learn more of Richard's character; and the historical context is expanded. A very satisfying chapter. Brilliant use of historical events.

Title: Chapter 2 - Caught in the Act Reviewer: David McLeod

Devil or devil's advocate? Quicksand or still waters? Heaven or Hell? The questions increase as the plot develops. This is wonderful!

Title: Chapter 1 - A Heated Approach Reviewer: David McLeod

"The essence of story-telling is drama; the essence of drama, tension." Whoever said that must have had this story in mind. Frederic's personal daemons, the background of the Conference, the constant risk of discovery, the uncertainties: I was shivering either in fear or relief from scene to scene. Well done.

Title: Chapter 1 - A Heated Approach Reviewer: EmulatedLove

You've done a fantastic job here Dolores. I absolutely love the premise, setting and the originality of the characters. I eagerly await the next chapter.

Title: Chapter 1 - A Heated Approach Reviewer: davey chase

Pretty good. An interesting start that raises questions and leaves them unanswered, giving the reader a desire to continue on.

Title: Chapter 1 - A Heated Approach Reviewer: David McLeod

A very astute blend of fact and fantasy. The historical setting lends a touch of reality that grounds and makes believable the underlying story--which likely will become the most important part of this story. Nicely constructed and crafted.