Glad you're digging the new semester/new direction. I feel like with a college story, you get to sort of reset. Throw the old guys aside, show your character's growth and see where it takes them. Thanks for the comment :)

That's been true to my experience, too. Every semester is like a reset, which is different from high school. I like that you captured that- you make new friends each semester and not see some of the ones you had last semester anymore.

That's been true to my experience, too. Every semester is like a reset, which is different from high school. I like that you captured that- you make new friends each semester and not see some of the ones you had last semester anymore.

Totally true, and that was on of my favorite things about College.

As a writing device, it's perfect because it allows me to randomly drop a few additional characters in there. And with Coop alienating everyone in his life as of late, he can use the new characters.

It was a pretty good chapter. I liked it.

As for Spencer, I imagined he listened to "Happy Ending" by Avril Lavigne over and over. I would have changed it to My Chemical Romance or Fall Out Boy, but whatever.:P

The indie music stuff was pretty funny. I love that Sebastian is a total hipster. I suppose he likes to smoke, wears strategically bad clothing, and drinks PBR by the gallon.

Definitely smokes, wears strategically bad clothing and drinks PBR by the gallon. (have you seen Happy Endings? There's an episode devoted to hipsters.) I think listening to Avril evokes a much lower place. He could listen to MCR or Fall Out on the regular. Avril is a special kind of depressed, no?

Posted Image I nearly lost my eyebrows!!! ( and yes, that was when i came to know... today, they just got lost for a bit in the hairline! :P )

You like to pack solid punches, dont you! <_<

**looks for the glue to get the brows back on**

• Like 1

Good chapter with some surprising development from Chase. I only expected him to be some d-bag closet out to snag guys. I'm not sure what's going to happen with the ending of the chapter, it's not like Spencer's confession was completely unexpected, it's just really horrible timing for this to happen.

Not to get off topic, but is The List still Cooper reminiscing about the past, or is this just current development because Ch. 1 on GA is different from the one I found on Nifty. Does this mean Cooper has a different future from the "Straight" married father of two(?) with only occasional c**k hunger? Posted Image

Edited by Caedus

Good question. I'll try to answer your question without giving too much away. I'm sticking with the Nifty beginning, and you'll start to see shades of why in a couple of chapters. I've never considered Cooper's sexuality to be rigid, but rather, he shows colors of a true bisexual (see chapters like Brian and Riley for examples). I've always intended for him to grow out of the list; it's just taken me longer than I thought :) Plus I already have a super secret spin-off in the works, so... we'll see how long he stays straight. Thanks for the kind words!

Good. I like that you're sticking with Cooper eventually being a married father of two.

Chase is totally in love with Cooper. It's kinda funny how obvious it is to everyone reading it, but Cooper wouldn't get it. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85

Chase is totally in love with Cooper. It's kinda funny how obvious it is to everyone reading it, but Cooper wouldn't get it. LOL.

I can't lie, it's one of the most fun relationships I've ever written. They're almost perfect for each other, and the only one yet to see that (keyword, yet) is Cooper.

Speaking, I'm brainstorming new celebrity couple names for Cooper Carpenter and Chase Pallendrino. I'm thinking either Chooper or Carpendrino. Thoughts?

Well, I'm thinking Kyle is completely out of the picture. Man. What a spineless wimp. I wouldn't even want to be friends with him.

Glad you like Alex Pettyfer. He is pretty hot.

Edited by methodwriter85

Well, I'm thinking Kyle is completely out of the picture. Man. What a spineless wimp. I wouldn't even want to be friends with him.

Glad you like Alex Pettyfer. He is pretty hot.

I certainly agree that Kyle is out of the picture. In my mind, that's a good thing. As to him being a spineless wimp, I'm not so sure. There are no innocents in this story, least of all Coop.

Pettyfer is definitely hot. That square jaw is just...uhmmm...captivating. 0:)

I keep thinking Alex Prettyfer when I read about Chase.

Posted Image

Haha you've suggested this to Mark for one of his characters too. Hmmm me thinks this one has captured your attention. [and I totally see why - not that I'm suggesting I bring him home or nothing - 0:) ]

• Like 1