I'm not the best at putting pictures to characters, but I think Method totally nailed that one. I'm curious what people would pick to represent Kyle, Cooper, Spencer and Sebastian...

I'm dying over your pick right now. It's like you've taken an image out of my brain. And in that spirit, this is who I see playing Kyle in the Lifetime movie version of the List.

Posted Image

I'm dying over your pick right now. It's like you've taken an image out of my brain. And in that spirit, this is who I see playing Kyle in the Lifetime movie version of the List.

Posted Image

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Any bigger and the 'Awww' would have looked tacky! -_-

Wait, wait, wait. So... Cooper is with Devon 20 years later, if I'm understanding correctly? And not with Chase? D:

Also, hi. Been keeping up with The List for quite some time now, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing how this story turns out (COOPER + CHASE, please lol)

Looking forward to seeing how this story turns out (COOPER + CHASE, please lol)

Can i please say that i have my fingers crossed for Wriggenter Still?

:*) call me a hopeless case... but... uh, i Can't give up! :*)

**sighs**

Nah, I think Kyle blew it for good when he didn't stand up against Rusty for Cooper.

Yeah, I did think that too... But, then again, we do know the reason why, right?

when Coop thought that they'd broken up anyway, I guess Kyle didnt want to take the unnecessary harassment from the Sigmas, by not joining them.

No matter what, i really don't think Kyle didnt stand up against Rusty! atleast when Coop was being treated as the punching bag!

Do u really think Kyle would have let him get beaten up, just like that, without having done something... anything?

The List Universe Timeline

Fall 2010-Spring 2011: The events of the List.

Spring 2012: Sebastian and Brittany graduate from SMU. I always felt like they came off more as being at least juniors. With Sebastian being a dorm counselor, he had to have been at least a sophomore. I'm going with them being the class of '12.

Summer 2012: Chase goes to the Olympics; Cooper and him break up; Chase never goes back to SMU. Sebastian and Brittany get married.

Fall 2012-Spring 2013: Devon and Cooper start dating during their junior year of college.

Spring 2014: The gang graduates from college. Devon stays in the area to attend...law school? Med school? Something that Dallas colleges are good at. Meanwhile Cooper goes to grad school as well, to get an M.A. in English.

Spring 2015: Cooper and Devon get married.

September 7, 2016: Sebastian's son Mike is born. He is currently 15.

Spring 2016: Cooper finishes grad school; gets a job with a newspaper.

November 2016: Cooper starts writing for the Dallas Morning News.

February 15th, 2017: Lizzie, Cooper's daughter, is born. She is currently 15.

November 29th, 2018: Cooper's son CJ is born. He is currently 13.

Spring 2019: Cooper gets promoted and starts his column, The Funny Thing Is.

Spring/Summer 2028: All Cooped Up becomes a best-seller.

Spring/Summer 2032: The "present"-day for the crew.

I'm really OCD about keeping continuity in place for stories. Just ask Mark Arbour. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

That's a pretty spot on and amazing time line. I would never be able to muster the patience and wherewithal to put that together. Thanks so much. The only addendum I would make is adding in where Cooper starts his Dallas Morning News Column, somewhere between landing his first job and having his second kid. The name of the column? Not surprisingly, The Funny Thing Is...

Done. Like I've said, I'm seriously OCD about keeping continuity. Glee drives me 'effing crazy in that regard. I'm sorry, but a girl who would know Patti Lupone's 1994 touring schedule would know that Cats closed down in 2000! Jesus.

Start a new thread - you can link this one back easy enough. I say this because as you point out in your Story Note, that one has spoilers to this one. Best to keep em separate. Because while it give context to the new one, the List doesn't seem to be an absolute necessity to read The Funny Thing Is. And since folks who want to comment on the List going forward will come here to do it, they might find spoilers if people are posting things about The Funny Thing.

My two cents for as little as that is worth :P

Yikes, there's some pretty hot pictures in here :P

I'm reading your story on my nook--even in the privacy of my own bedroom, when no one else is around, I still sometimes think I should be hiding with this story, LOL. It's very hot, but every new chapter with a different guy's name is so depressing.

I'll keep reading.

• Like 1

Okay, I finished reading, Mr Wolf.

This is a well written story, the dialogue and narrative flows very well together and there's never a point it geting boring, which is great.

The overall story-arc with Cooper's learning about himself and his relationship with Kyle is complex and interesting. Being in Cooper's head as he justifies all his actions and the, well, very colorful excuses he comes up with was like taking a pysch course. I think it's quite hard to make a player the main protagonist, and still likeable. By likeable, I mean, so that the readers really want to see him grow, so we care to see him change. And I saw lots of good in Coop, and most of the time I just wanted him to finally 'see' what he was doing.

I sort of thought more conflict would come from 'the List' when Kyle finds out about it. I guess I expected him to get really upset at the whole thing, but Cooper was lucky (maybe too lucky) that the revelation comes at the same time Kyle's secret/ploy comes out.

As for Chase--I didn't like him at all at first, but he grew on me. Particularly after the hospital scene. But, you know, I just don't see it working out. BUT, the point is, even if that is the case to try anyway. So I liked that.

Okay, also, lol--yeah, I got the reference. It's true in so many regards--a moment on the lips, forever on the hips. LOL.

Cool, THANKS for the read!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

So after much ado and even more consideration, I've decided on an image for Cooper. I hesitated for a long time because in not describing him explicitly, I wanted to give the reader a chance to picture anyone they wanted. Now that we've moved on to grown up Cooper, I'm comfortable sharing how I saw him through my lens. I guess this means we're only missing an image of Sebastian, and we've got all the major players covered.

Posted Image

I was thrilled to see Zach Gilford kiss a guy in the movie Dare, but unfortunately his male partner wasn't that cute.

I've already used this guy for Wade Danfield in CAP, but...eh, I can see him as a "trust fund baby in hipster clothes" as well.

Posted Image