help finding a story

Guest GITface

I found this story a while back but can't remember what it's called, the names of the characters or the website I found it on. Only managing to read a couple chapters, I only know a bit of the plot, and I apologize in advanced for my lack of details.

From what I can remember there are two siblings, male and female, and something happens to their parents (*snickers* I believe that's how it starts--sorry). As a result they are forced to live on their own and as luck would have it, the male sibling is able to find a place at a decent price. Unfortunately, the woman who is selling the house wants to meet the siblings' father before making a deal. In order to get the house, the two pay a random man to pretend to be their father.

And, this is about where I stopped reading for whatever reason. Again, I apologize for the short plot description. Not knowing how popular this particular story is, I hope someone has information on it, but if not I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

• Site Administrator

I know I read part of this as well but I can't remember when/where/title/characters either. As I remember it the older brother has a pocket full of cash but he's protecting his little sister, they're parents or dad was not a nice person. The guy they pay off to play their dad is a drunk but he tries to clean up a bit after he meets them. Also, the woman they rent from lets them take furniture from her garage and she has a teenage nephew. Oh, and the kid finds the guy to enroll the sister in school too and I remember a spaghetti dinner scene, I think. Sorry I can't find it for you though.

I know I read part of this as well but I can't remember when/where/title/characters either. As I remember it the older brother has a pocket full of cash but he's protecting his little sister, they're parents or dad was not a nice person. The guy they pay off to play their dad is a drunk but he tries to clean up a bit after he meets them. Also, the woman they rent from lets them take furniture from her garage and she has a teenage nephew. Oh, and the kid finds the guy to enroll the sister in school too and I remember a spaghetti dinner scene, I think. Sorry I can't find it for you though.

I've read this as well but can't think of where.... Wasn't the guy the paid to play the part of their dad like the school janitor or something??

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...