Ranking Anyta Sunday Story Characters...   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which character(s) appeal(ed) most to you? Why?

• Shane (Shane &Trey)
    • Trey (Shane &Trey)
    • June (Shane &Trey)
    • Scott ((In)visible)
    • Rune ((In)visible)
    • Paul (St-st-stuffed)
    • Karl (St-st-stuffed)
    • Chris(topher) (Pitfalls of the Bootpit)
    • Zen(ith) (Pitfalls of the Bootpit)
    • Other (who?)
  2. 2. Which character felt most developed and 'real'?

• Shane (Shane &Trey)
    • Trey (Shane &Trey)
    • Scott ((In)visible)
    • Rune ((In)visible)
    • Paul (St-st-stuffed)
    • Karl (St-st-stuffed)
    • Other (who?)
  3. 3. Which character do you feel needed more development? Thanks!

• Shane (Shane &Trey)
    • Trey (Shane &Trey)
    • Scott ((In)visible)
    • Rune ((In)visible)
    • Paul (St-st-stuffed)
    • Karl (St-st-stuffed)
    • Other (who?)

Hello peeps,

So, I guess I'm mostly curious, but which character, if any, is the most memorable for you and why?

Also, it might help me determine which characters are working in stories and which might need more attention. Thanks!

• Like 1

Ooohhh cool poll.

Anyway, I really like Trey because I felt his emotions the most (although the story wasn't really written in his POV, weird huh) and also, I want me a Trey of my own :D

Karl seems very real to me although I haven't finished reading St-st-stuffed yet. I guess it's because the things he's going through are very believable so it's so easy to relate to him.

Now I wanna complain on the third one. I picked Rune just because I had to (so unfair). The reason is not because I don't like him, but because I wanna read more of him. Does that make sense?

So there. I hope my reply will be of help in your writing (I want more!).

John

Now I wanna complain on the third one. I picked Rune just because I had to (so unfair). The reason is not because I don't like him, but because I wanna read more of him. Does that make sense?

Sure that makes sense. :)

So there. I hope my reply will be of help in your writing (I want more!).

Yeah it helps, you are always an awesome help! Thanks John!!! And more writing will appear in the next few months, I'm sure.

• Like 1

I don't this is hard to guess who my favorite Character is - haha - Well just to be fair and answer the question - Rune. I will say I didn't say he was the most developed but more on that in a moment. Rune had this feel to him, that just sucked you in. He was so lonley and sad, and yet so sweet and carinng that he is so easy to like/love.

I thought Karl was the most developed. Maybe it was because the story was all from his POV or many it was I worked closely with you on him, but he had his traits - that you could almost predict his next move sometimes. Not to say the others weren't good too, but I think this story was mostly just about the two of them and so more lines were about him maybe?

As for who needed more? I thought Trey. I just felt of the bunch, he's the one I knew the least about.

There poll answered :P

I don't this is hard to guess who my favorite Character is - haha - Well just to be fair and answer the question - Rune.

:P hehe, I thought so. LOL.

I thought Karl was the most developed. Maybe it was because the story was all from his POV or many it was I worked closely with you on him, but he had his traits - that you could almost predict his next move sometimes.

Yeah, it is interesting the perspective you get about characters and of a story when you're involved in the making.

As for who needed more? I thought Trey. I just felt of the bunch, he's the one I knew the least about.

Gottcha, I re-read some of that story recently (because I'm slowly uploading on nifty) and I can see what you mean :P.

Thanks Andy!

• Like 1

I'm sorry I answered to the last question 'other', since I didn't think any of the characters need developement more, they all felt real and complex for me. If I am forced to pick one out of all of your characters it would be Benny from Get it. He is a perfect gem for a character. :wub:

Karl felt totally real, but now that I voted him to be the most complite character, I did have a thing that I would have wanted to hear more about him. The stuttering was forgotten quite fast and I was expecting it to emerge more at some point. Even the story tittle somehow gave me the impression there might be more to come of it - that was part of Paul and Karl's joint past. Even if Karl had been trained out of it, stuttering is something that comes easily back especially in stressful situations. Yet, Karl was such an enjoyable character to get into!

I just have an addiction on everything you write. Please write more!!!!! Can't wait much longer for the sister-story of (In)visible! It is still in process, right? :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Hm, I don't know if I can vote since I haven't read them all yet (I'm a bad beta-ee, I know :( I do really want to catch up!)

In any case, of what I've read, I think Paul might be my favorite. I like the angst-ridden types :)

And I know he wasn't an option, but I absolutely adored Charlie. He was spot-on as a supporting character. It really throws me when I'm reading a story and there are 'children' in it that don't think or act anything like real kids . . . my guess is that those writers haven't quite had the experience of raising (or working) with youngsters :P

Hmm, yeah I guess maybe I woulda liked to have known a bit more about Trey? It's hard though when you stick w/ one POV . . . as readers we always want to "know" the characters, but in real life we don't get to know other people from the inside out.

I'm sorry I answered to the last question 'other', since I didn't think any of the characters need developement more, they all felt real and complex for me. If I am forced to pick one out of all of your characters it would be Benny from Get it. He is a perfect gem for a character. ../../public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif

Karl felt totally real, but now that I voted him to be the most complite character, I did have a thing that I would have wanted to hear more about him. The stuttering was forgotten quite fast and I was expecting it to emerge more at some point. Even the story tittle somehow gave me the impression there might be more to come of it - that was part of Paul and Karl's joint past. Even if Karl had been trained out of it, stuttering is something that comes easily back especially in stressful situations. Yet, Karl was such an enjoyable character to get into!

I just have an addiction on everything you write. Please write more!!!!! Can't wait much longer for the sister-story of (In)visible! It is still in process, right? ../../public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsupsmileyanim.gif ../../public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hey Maria! Nice to see ya popping in. :)

Thanks for your thoughts, it's these reflective things that help so much!

As for your query with the sister story, I'll PM you some info on that.

• Like 1

Hm, I don't know if I can vote since I haven't read them all yet (I'm a bad beta-ee, I know ../../public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif I do really want to catch up!)

In any case, of what I've read, I think Paul might be my favorite. I like the angst-ridden types ../../public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

And I know he wasn't an option, but I absolutely adored Charlie. He was spot-on as a supporting character. It really throws me when I'm reading a story and there are 'children' in it that don't think or act anything like real kids . . . my guess is that those writers haven't quite had the experience of raising (or working) with youngsters ../../public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Hmm, yeah I guess maybe I woulda liked to have known a bit more about Trey? It's hard though when you stick w/ one POV . . . as readers we always want to "know" the characters, but in real life we don't get to know other people from the inside out.

Sure you can vote anyway! And the stories are there when you have time to check them out, they're not going anywhere anytime soon. :)

Hehe, Charlie was a fun character to work with. Kids just say and do the darndest thing. Gotta love 'em. :P

Thanks for your comments!

• Like 1

I've like all your stories but my favorite is definitely St-st-stuffed. I really like the relationship between Karl and Paul. I also find these characters to be the most developed because they both have their own interesting back stories and sets of quirks. I always end up liking quirky characters for some reason. Anyways, I look forward to seeing whoever you come up with next :)

• Like 1

I've like all your stories but my favorite is definitely St-st-stuffed. I really like the relationship between Karl and Paul. I also find these characters to be the most developed because they both have their own interesting back stories and sets of quirks. I always end up liking quirky characters for some reason. Anyways, I look forward to seeing whoever you come up with next ../../public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Thanks Intune. :) Glad you enjoyed the story. As for what I come up with next, well, we'll see... I have a few I'd like to do. First, though, I'm re-writing a story that I'd love to publish. Got to work hard on it first though. After that I should get back into either the mystery I started or Pitfalls of the Bootpit.

Cheers for voting. :P

• Like 1