Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Brain Storming

Hi Benji,

With CJ unilaterally extending a three-day wait, declaring what amounts to a ten-day hiatus, as of today, we are left twiddling our thumbs for the next eight days. No more information will be forthcoming to permit us to solidify our deductions. We can sit back and review what has happened so far and consider what can and might occur in the immediate future. As of Chapter 81 we know Trevor and Shane went to bed together on Friday evening December 1st, 2006. Chapter 82 was loaded with a lot of information and surprises. Although I believe CJ generally tries to co-ordinate the activities taking place in Florida, with those occurring In Australia, it is not easy to do. There is at least a thirteen-hour difference in time. This often results in simultaneous happenings, taking place on different days of the week. A good example is Trevor’s initial problem of establishing direct communication with his insurance company. Ned has solved that problem for him. The scenario with the Antarctic Star may have taken place on Friday, but I am thinking it took place on Saturday. As the ending of Chapter states, “The word is out.”

While the majority of law enforcement agencies are a twenty-four hour, seven-day a week operation, many of their support functions is not. Speaking from my life experiences, you cannot go and get a copy of an accident report whenever you wish to. If you attempt to, you will be advised to come back, during business hours, Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays. I have a feeling that is a universal restriction, not limited to the United States.

If you consider the brief amount of time involved, between the Antarctic Star’s transmission of the alert, and the response from Perth, to cease transmission, the Customs and Border Communications Division, must have been aware of the security aspects of the information they received. I have no doubts in my mind Officer Fowler would have been alerted, without delay.

Greg Fowler was smart enough to predict the arrival schedule of the reporters originally. He knows the Kookaburra is arriving sometime on Sunday. We know the AO Reporter Kline was in the process of setting up a scam, to get additional information from the officers in Carnarvon. Fowler has immediate, direct telephone communication available, to alert Trevor and Shane, to the storm clouds gathering. I doubt the two of them will be caught unaware.

Trevor and Shane are the only ones locally who are aware of Trevor’s problem. Although medical appointments have been scheduled in Carnarvon, they are apparently for Shane. Should the two of them consider the alternate locations Shane mentioned to Trevor, Martin Blake would have to be notified, prior to them departing Shark Bay. On top of that, Fowler would notify Martin the cover-up was beginning to unravel. Then throw in Trevor’s belief he is no longer qualified to safely command the Kookaburra. His new cell phone is waiting for him ashore. How is that for a different kettle of fish?

The spreading word in Australia will reach newsgathering agencies. It will hit the news wires worldwide. George and Bridget will no doubt learn of it. It wont take the TV Reporters long to match their wild goose chase to the current information becoming available. The Wicked Witch and her Consort will no longer be confused, about which Carnarvon is involved. Either his own sources will alert Sanchez, or the Dark Duo will. Once Sanchez gets the word, he will alert his “Exterminator,” and dispatch him to that quiet little city on the Fascine. Sounds to me the motel operators will be hard pressed to provide lodgings for the crowd.

Thirteen time zones away Joel is preparing to meet with Sergeant Gonzalez. He is all set to con the officer out of the information he is seeking. He does not know, that as far as the Sergeant is concerned, he was moved from being a worried friend to possible major suspect on both attempts to kill Trevor. I would not be surprised if Joel got into it with Gonzalez, if and when, the officer hits Joel with the accusations.

Meantime Dirk and Jim are sitting waiting for December 16th to arrive. Their primary source of information is Henry. Dirk is glad that Joel will be heading for Australia to be with Trevor, to help him over the bumps. Dirk is about to learn, if he has not already been informed, Joel is a major suspect, in the attempts on Trevor’s life. Ahh, these are the times that try men’s souls. I guess Jim and Dirk can twiddle their thumbs, (or whatever they refer to it as) they kill time, X-ing off dates on the calendar.

Benji, it is difficult to wait from one Monday until the next. I understand CJs problems, but that does not shorten the days. I am kind of glad he gave us an early Heads Up. I have begun to wish; I had not discovered this story, until it was completely posted. But then, I doubt I would have gotten involved in attempting to solve the mystery. I would have enjoyed the story and dropped CJ an email thanking him. With all the problems we are handing him, maybe he will begin to wish I hadn’t found Circumnavigation until it was concluded.

That is it for now.

Marty

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Benji,

With CJ unilaterally extending a three-day wait, declaring what amounts to a ten-day hiatus, as of today, we are left twiddling our thumbs for the next eight days. No more information will be forthcoming to permit us to solidify our deductions. We can sit back and review what has happened so far and consider what can and might occur in the immediate future. As of Chapter 81 we know Trevor and Shane went to bed together on Friday evening December 1st, 2006. Chapter 82 was loaded with a lot of information and surprises. Although I believe CJ generally tries to co-ordinate the activities taking place in Florida, with those occurring In Australia, it is not easy to do. There is at least a thirteen-hour difference in time. This often results in simultaneous happenings, taking place on different days of the week. A good example is Trevor’s initial problem of establishing direct communication with his insurance company. Ned has solved that problem for him. The scenario with the Antarctic Star may have taken place on Friday, but I am thinking it took place on Saturday. As the ending of Chapter states, “The word is out.”

Indeed the word is out! I like the timeline of the "Mayday" being heard on Saturday, December 2nd. That gives us two weeks until Dirk's secrets can be exposed to us.

While the majority of law enforcement agencies are a twenty-four hour, seven-day a week operation, many of their support functions is not. Speaking from my life experiences, you cannot go and get a copy of an accident report whenever you wish to. If you attempt to, you will be advised to come back, during business hours, Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays. I have a feeling that is a universal restriction, not limited to the United States.

I believe that as thorough as Gonzales is, he already has the Coast Guard report. Probably it was ready in the file long before Gonzales re-opened it.

If you consider the brief amount of time involved, between the Antarctic Star’s transmission of the alert, and the response from Perth, to cease transmission, the Customs and Border Communications Division, must have been aware of the security aspects of the information they received. I have no doubts in my mind Officer Fowler would have been alerted, without delay.

I agree that Officer Fowler will be notified almost immediately, even if he is off work on Saturday. His superiors knew that Trevor was in danger, and they would want to give him a heads up.

Greg Fowler was smart enough to predict the arrival schedule of the reporters originally. He knows the Kookaburra is arriving sometime on Sunday. We know the AO Reporter Kline was in the process of setting up a scam, to get additional information from the officers in Carnarvon. Fowler has immediate, direct telephone communication available, to alert Trevor and Shane, to the storm clouds gathering. I doubt the two of them will be caught unaware.

Kline will most likely run what with little story he has and the pictures taken from Ned's boatyard. I rather doubt he will be anxious to confront Fowler now, especially if Flower recognizes Kline's name to the story. I'm sure Fowler would remember Kline from the encounter with Shane's scam, or he would at least ask for ID from Kline Of course there is that trespassing thing of Kline 0:)). Now if he doesn't run with the full story, so as to throw off the other reporters, such as being misleading in his story to point to some other location? His pictures are going to damn him if the cartel finds out they were mislead, I'm sure they would want an explanation from Kline. :blink:

That is why I agree that the Kookabura will not return to Carnavon, there is too much danger for Trevor there. Trevor and Shane need to leave the area, perhaps even going into the outback (0:) as I suggested earlier of a 'Crocodile Dundee' style). If the cartel fails in it's last attempt and focus goes to Bridget and George, Sanchez may take offense! :angry: Especially if certain other information comes out, just my thoughts!

Trevor and Shane are the only ones locally who are aware of Trevor’s problem. Although medical appointments have been scheduled in Carnarvon, they are apparently for Shane. Should the two of them consider the alternate locations Shane mentioned to Trevor, Martin Blake would have to be notified, prior to them departing Shark Bay. On top of that, Fowler would notify Martin the cover-up was beginning to unravel. Then throw in Trevor’s belief he is no longer qualified to safely command the Kookaburra. His new cell phone is waiting for him ashore. How is that for a different kettle of fish?

That is a problem, if Martin believes Trevor is not capable of running the Kookabura, that could leave them both land bound, unless Martin takes command. And he will also insist Trevor see a doctor, somehow or another being land bound for awhile might be good for Trevor, perhaps Rachel has a family member that is a qualified therapist? Now as I see it, only 5 people know that Trevor and Shane are aboard the Kookabura (get's easier to spell every time, LOL!) besides Trevor, Shane; Officer Fowler and Officer Gundig, Ned, Martin Blake and Sarah his wife. Last I heard Kline was too far away to get the name of the boat (3/4 down chapter 68) but he'd still be watching for a cat coming back in. Trevor needs his phone and some cash and has to get it somehow, but coming by boat is not an option. They will have to come in by car to retrieve it, I'm betting Fowler get's the phone to Trevor somehow, but Trevor will not go back for the cash.

The spreading word in Australia will reach news gathering agencies. It will hit the news wires worldwide. George and Bridget will no doubt learn of it. It wont take the TV Reporters long to match their wild goose chase to the current information becoming available. The Wicked Witch and her Consort will no longer be confused, about which Carnarvon is involved. Either his own sources will alert Sanchez, or the Dark Duo will. Once Sanchez gets the word, he will alert his “Exterminator,” and dispatch him to that quiet little city on the Fascine. Sounds to me the motel operators will be hard pressed to provide lodgings for the crowd.

Sanchez immediately called his 'source' in Australia the moment he heard Trevor was still alive, they were only waiting for a location of Trevor. Why those rumors that brought the press to Carnavon did not reach his cartels ears is beyond me. If Kline suspected why wouldn't an entrenched member of Sanchez's imbedded with the press meeting at the dock? That confused me, if Sanchez had his people working on it, how could they miss what trickled down to the press from that town? Another good reason for Trevor not to re-appear in Carnavon.

Thirteen time zones away Joel is preparing to meet with Sergeant Gonzalez. He is all set to con the officer out of the information he is seeking. He does not know, that as far as the Sergeant is concerned, he was moved from being a worried friend to possible major suspect on both attempts to kill Trevor. I would not be surprised if Joel got into it with Gonzalez, if and when, the officer hits Joel with the accusations.

This is what I do expect, a bit of a shouting match after accusing Joel, with Joel letting out what Gonzales wants to really hear. Including his theory of Bridget and her prompts to both him and Lisa, this is where the shit will hit the fan. Joel maybe more forthcoming with the discussions he and Lisa had in the guesthouse, the outrageous sale of Trev's car. I think the trip to Australia is off for Joel & Lisa, considering they can only bring him more danger. Gonzales will tell Joel that they are also in danger, Lisa will have a problem in believing this, so to test it (Joel & Lisa) they will make a speech in her guesthouse to test the theory out.

Meantime Dirk and Jim are sitting waiting for December 16th to arrive. Their primary source of information is Henry. Dirk is glad that Joel will be heading for Australia to be with Trevor, to help him over the bumps. Dirk is about to learn, if he has not already been informed, Joel is a major suspect, in the attempts on Trevor’s life. Ahh, these are the times that try men’s souls. I guess Jim and Dirk can twiddle their thumbs, (or whatever they refer to it as) they kill time, X-ing off dates on the calendar.

Who is going to placate Dirk, once he hears about the 2nd attempt on Trevor's life? Will he demand to immediately run to the police to try protect Trevor, before the deadline? You know he is going to hear about this with being locked up in an apartment all day and night. We know that Gonzales is law and order, but has left Henry plenty of room in trying to help catch the real guilty. Will he do the same if he hears Dirk tell the truth about the 'crimes' he help commit? And will Arnold's treasure help out?

Benji, it is difficult to wait from one Monday until the next. I understand CJs problems, but that does not shorten the days. I am kind of glad he gave us an early Heads Up. I have begun to wish; I had not discovered this story, until it was completely posted. But then, I doubt I would have gotten involved in attempting to solve the mystery. I would have enjoyed the story and dropped CJ an email thanking him. With all the problems we are handing him, maybe he will begin to wish I hadn’t found Circumnavigation until it was concluded.

Haha! I know the 'addiction' well, but a hell of a lot better then some authors I know that are 2-3 years lagging in their stories! :angry: CJ, has a good excuse, so I'm not complaining as I know he will finish this saga. BTW I think he can wrap it up in 10-12 chapters now.

That is it for now.

Marty

Yep, let me know if you have any thoughts here!

Benji

Hi Benji,

Indeed the word is out! I like the timeline of the "Mayday" being heard on Saturday, December 2nd. That gives us two weeks until Dirk's secrets can be exposed to us.

I believe that as thorough as Gonzales is, he already has the Coast Guard report. Probably it was ready in the file long before Gonzales re-opened it.

I agree that Officer Fowler will be notified almost immediately, even if he is off work on Saturday. His superiors knew that Trevor was in danger, and they would want to give him a heads up.

Kline will most likely run what with little story he has and the pictures taken from Ned's boatyard. I rather doubt he will be anxious to confront Fowler now, especially if Flower recognizes Kline's name to the story. I'm sure Fowler would remember Kline from the encounter with Shane's scam, or he would at least ask for ID from Kline Of course there is that trespassing thing of Kline 0:)). Now if he doesn't run with the full story, so as to throw off the other reporters, such as being misleading in his story to point to some other location? His pictures are going to damn him if the cartel finds out they were mislead, I'm sure they would want an explanation from Kline. :blink:

That is why I agree that the Kookabura will not return to Carnavon, there is too much danger for Trevor there. Trevor and Shane need to leave the area, perhaps even going into the outback (0:) as I suggested earlier of a 'Crocodile Dundee' style). If the cartel fails in it's last attempt and focus goes to Bridget and George, Sanchez may take offense! :angry: Especially if certain other information comes out, just my thoughts!

That is a problem, if Martin believes Trevor is not capable of running the Kookabura, that could leave them both land bound, unless Martin takes command. And he will also insist Trevor see a doctor, somehow or another being land bound for awhile might be good for Trevor, perhaps Rachel has a family member that is a qualified therapist? Now as I see it, only 5 people know that Trevor and Shane are aboard the Kookabura (get's easier to spell every time, LOL!) besides Trevor, Shane; Officer Fowler and Officer Gundig, Ned, Martin Blake and Sarah his wife. Last I heard Kline was too far away to get the name of the boat (3/4 down chapter 68) but he'd still be watching for a cat coming back in. Trevor needs his phone and some cash and has to get it somehow, but coming by boat is not an option. They will have to come in by car to retrieve it, I'm betting Fowler get's the phone to Trevor somehow, but Trevor will not go back for the cash.

The spreading word in Australia will reach news gathering agencies. It will hit the news wires worldwide. George and Bridget will no doubt learn of it. It wont take the TV Reporters long to match their wild goose chase to the current information becoming available. The Wicked Witch and her Consort will no longer be confused, about which Carnarvon is involved. Either his own sources will alert Sanchez, or the Dark Duo will. Once Sanchez gets the word, he will alert his “Exterminator,” and dispatch him to that quiet little city on the Fascine. Sounds to me the motel operators will be hard pressed to provide lodgings for the crowd.

Sanchez immediately called his 'source' in Australia the moment he heard Trevor was still alive, they were only waiting for a location of Trevor. Why those rumors that brought the press to Carnavon did not reach his cartels ears is beyond me. If Kline suspected why wouldn't an entrenched member of Sanchez's imbedded with the press meeting at the dock? That confused me, if Sanchez had his people working on it, how could they miss what trickled down to the press from that town? Another good reason for Trevor not to re-appear in Carnavon.

This is what I do expect, a bit of a shouting match after accusing Joel, with Joel letting out what Gonzales wants to really hear. Including his theory of Bridget and her prompts to both him and Lisa, this is where the shit will hit the fan. Joel maybe more forthcoming with the discussions he and Lisa had in the guesthouse, the outrageous sale of Trev's car. I think the trip to Australia is off for Joel & Lisa, considering they can only bring him more danger. Gonzales will tell Joel that they are also in danger, Lisa will have a problem in believing this, so to test it (Joel & Lisa) they will make a speech in her guesthouse to test the theory out.

Who is going to placate Dirk, once he hears about the 2nd attempt on Trevor's life? Will he demand to immediately run to the police to try protect Trevor, before the deadline? You know he is going to hear about this with being locked up in an apartment all day and night. We know that Gonzales is law and order, but has left Henry plenty of room in trying to help catch the real guilty. Will he do the same if he hears Dirk tell the truth about the 'crimes' he help commit? And will Arnold's treasure help out?

Haha! I know the 'addiction' well, but a hell of a lot better then some authors I know that are 2-3 years lagging in their stories! :angry: CJ, has a good excuse, so I'm not complaining as I know he will finish this saga. BTW I think he can wrap it up in 10-12 chapters now.

That is it for now.

Marty

Yep, let me know if you have any thoughts here!

Benji

[/size]Yep, let me know if you have any thoughts here! [/size]

Benji

Hi Benji,

Nothing right now. Let me consider your responses a bit.

Take a look at my post in the Why won't CJ ever use cliffhangers? Thread.

I am going to make a prediction. When Lisa learns about Trevor’s romantic involvement with Shane, she will get all bent out of shape. She will bitch to Joel, He isn’t good enough because I didn’t check him out.(Or words to that effect.)

Marty

Edited by MartyS

I love this thread, because it lets me know how things are coming across! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I do see one comment I can make; about whether Kline knows Kookaburra's name. From chapter 80;

Kline groaned. “A bloody XXXXXXX balls-up, that’s how. I’ve staked out the shot-up boat from across the waterway, so I’ve spent days staring at a XXXXXXX tarp. No sign of Trevor. Worse, it turns out I was likely wrong; that blond kid on the boat – the one I sent you the pictures of – probably isn’t Trevor: I showed a picture around a bit and a couple of locals ID’d the kid as a well-known thief by the name of Shane. He’s been in town less than a year, but that’s plenty long enough that he can’t be Trevor. There was another teen with him; dark hair, similar build, and had a Southern Cross tat on his back. I’m betting that’s Trevor and the tat is a fake. I’ll know as soon as he opens his mouth – if I can find him. I’ve asked around with a description of the boat they sailed off on, and it looks like it’s the Kookaburra – a local charter yacht. She usually does the Shark Bay run in the tourist season but no one seems to know where she is right now. All I can say for certain is that her berth in the marina is empty. I’ve turned up no clue as to where they went or when they’ll be back.”

:music:

Hi Benji

Sorry about the delay.

Hi Benji,

We agree on this

We agree on this

We agree on this

Kline will most likely run what with little story he has and the pictures taken from Ned's boatyard. I rather doubt he will be anxious to confront Fowler now, especially if Flower recognizes Kline's name to the story. I'm sure Fowler would remember Kline from the encounter with Shane's scam, or he would at least ask for ID from Kline Of course there is that trespassing thing of Kline ). Now if he doesn't run with the full story, so as to throw off the other reporters, such as being misleading in his story to point to some other location? His pictures are going to damn him if the cartel finds out they were mislead, I'm sure they would want an explanation from Kline.

Benji, I think you implying that Kline is involveded with Sanchez. I did also think so. However, once Kline contacted Barney the other resporter, I stopped considering he was. My opinion.

That is why I agree that the Kookabura will not return to Carnavon, there is too much danger for Trevor there. Trevor and Shane need to leave the area, perhaps even going into the outback ( as I suggested earlier of a 'Crocodile Dundee' style). If the cartel fails in it's last attempt and focus goes to Bridget and George, Sanchez may take offense! Especially if certain other information comes out, just my thoughts!

I will not disagree with this.

Kline originally did not get the Kookaburra's name. As he told Barney in their second fone conversation, he had learned her name while snooping around Carnarvon. Regarding money, Fowler knows Trevor will make good for any advance. Remember, If we are correct, Martin knows close to everything about what occurred in the "Disappearance." If he is not married to Rachel, he knows she is Trevor's mother. I doubt Rachel wishes to suddenly appear right now. I kind of doubt Martin will assist Trevor in getting in touch with his Smith Family relatives. IMHO.

I wondered about that also.

I agree with most of what you say. Joel is more suspicious than he let on to Lisa. However, the only ones who know about the bugging of the guesthouse is Bridget and George. I also doubt Lisa would agree to do anything against Bridget.

Sorry Benji, I do not agree. Dirk already knows, from Henry, Gonzalez is doing everything to clear him of everything, except the charges of murdering Rachel. For Dirk to surface now would solve nothing and in the long run create problems.IMHO

Haha! I know the 'addiction' well, but a hell of a lot better then some authors I know that are 2-3 years lagging in their stories! CJ, has a good excuse, so I'm not complaining as I know he will finish this saga. BTW I think he can wrap it up in 10-12 chapters now.

Based on CJs notice about the delay and a followup response I think close to the century mark.

[/size]Yep, let me know if you have any thoughts here! [/size]

Benji

Benji

I think I covered it all. This sure is a multi-colored post!!!!!!

Marty

Hi Benji,

One real potential problem exists. If Dirk or Jim are discovered, it will be a mess. The only bright side is there is insufficent time to commence a trial. If they are caught before the 16th, and those unfiled Fugative charges, are not agreed, in writing, to be off the table, it will be real bad for Dirk ad possibily Jim. They better keep their heads down.

Marty

Hey Marty,

Hi Benji,

One real potential problem exists. If Dirk or Jim are discovered, it will be a mess. The only bright side is there is insufficent time to commence a trial. If they are caught before the 16th, and those unfiled Fugative charges, are not agreed, in writing, to be off the table, it will be real bad for Dirk ad possibily Jim. They better keep their heads down.

I only meant if Dirk told Gonzales the truth, would he ignore the criminal part of Dirk's actions if he is satisfied that Dirk did not murder Rachel. Not turning themselves in, I agree that would be a disaster.

On another point, I don't mean to imply that Kline is working for Sanchez, I'm implying that his name is going be posted with that story and he took pictures. If the cartel cannot locate Trevor, they might very well be talking to Kline, and they can be very persuasive. :blink: I also realized I goofed up, that Kline does have the name of the boat Kookabura, that piece of information Kline will keep to himself, as the story breaks, he will want to do a follow-up story.

Marty

Hope that clears that up!

Benji

I only meant if Dirk told Gonzales the truth, would he ignore the criminal part of Dirk's actions if he is satisfied that Dirk did not murder Rachel. Not turning themselves in, I agree that would be a disaster.

Sorry I misunderstood. There is a problem with Dirk talking to Gonzalez. Dirk would have to agree to an interview, with no restrictions. If Gonzalez asked the wrong question and Dirk goofed, the clock would start again. Dirk would have to agree to answer any and all questions. If he didn't agree I sincerely doubt Gonzalez would consent to a limited interview. IMHO

On another point, I don't mean to imply that Kline is working for Sanchez, I'm implying that his name is going be posted with that story and he took pictures. If the cartel cannot locate Trevor, they might very well be talking to Kline, and they can be very persuasive. I also realized I goofed up, that Kline does have the name of the boat Kookabura, that piece of information Kline will keep to himself, as the story breaks, he will want to do a follow-up story.

Ok Now I understand. No big deal on the Kookaburra name bit.

Five days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marty

Hi Benji,

Seeing as I do not need to spend my time trying to figure out the core mystery and associated little plots, I have been doing some thinking.

What started me out on this off the wall track was something I mentioned in my July 4th post. Specifically my observations about Rachel. I gave her credit for putting together an excellent con job in the “Disappearance.” I stated it had stood up for over nine years.

Now in chapter 78 the two little amateur private investigators are talking. The conversation wanders here and there. Finally they hit on the possibility the bomb and pirate attack was against the Trevor’s Atlantis, not him. They kick it around in their imbecilic way. I am glad this was done in a mall, not in their love nest. I suggest you do a re-read of the scenario.

Now fast forward to Chapter 82. This time they are on a beach. There is a long discourse between them. I am only interested in the part where they agree to continue their sleuthing into public record’s. They mention Lisa discovering the original transfer records, for the Lagoon 55 Rachel bought from Bridget. I am sure you remember, Trevor was listed as owner. If we are correct, there should be a record of the transfer of that catamaran from Trevor to Rachel. Maybe the unpaid snoop Lisa will discover the documentation.

Knowing how they love to review their detecting after a healthy bout of sex, they will very likely feed this information to the Deadly Duo. Now Bridget should know that the boat was registered in Trevor’s name at the time of purchase. She has had very little direct contact with Trevor. She has admitted keeping a long distance surveillance on him and his search for the Ares. If she learns of the second transfer, maybe, the penny will drop.

Before making any response to my speculation, do a good read of the appropriate portions of both chapters. Then consider my July 4th post.

I seriously doubt there is any local records concerning the final sale of the Lagoon, Rachel sailed away from Nassau on May 27th, 1997. I am of the considered opinion, Rachel soloed her east across the Atlantic to sell her in Europe. First, she would have sold the Lagoon to herself, using her new fabricated identity. Then with the vessels papers showing Rachel’s new name, and boat displaying any name other than Atlantis, there would be very little problem selling her, on the other side of the pond. The name does not really matter. A number, not a name, identifies the vessel.

Think about it. OK

Marty

Hi Benji,

Seeing as I do not need to spend my time trying to figure out the core mystery and associated little plots, I have been doing some thinking.

What started me out on this off the wall track was something I mentioned in my July 4th post. Specifically my observations about Rachel. I gave her credit for putting together an excellent con job in the “Disappearance.” I stated it had stood up for over nine years.

Now in chapter 78 the two little amateur private investigators are talking. The conversation wanders here and there. Finally they hit on the possibility the bomb and pirate attack was against the Trevor’s Atlantis, not him. They kick it around in their imbecilic way. I am glad this was done in a mall, not in their love nest. I suggest you do a re-read of the scenario.

That is where Joel gets the nagging feeling, something does not add up to Joel and he ponders it.

Now fast forward to Chapter 82. This time they are on a beach. There is a long discourse between them. I am only interested in the part where they agree to continue their sleuthing into public record’s. They mention Lisa discovering the original transfer records, for the Lagoon 55 Rachel bought from Bridget. I am sure you remember, Trevor was listed as owner. If we are correct, there should be a record of the transfer of that catamaran from Trevor to Rachel. Maybe the unpaid snoop Lisa will discover the documentation.

Another clue, since Bridget was the one that sold the Atlantis to Rachel, Lisa should have caught that right away but bought Bridget's story of otherwise, Joel is seeing the front being dismantled.

Knowing how they love to review their detecting after a healthy bout of sex, they will very likely feed this information to the Deadly Duo. Now Bridget should know that the boat was registered in Trevor’s name at the time of purchase. She has had very little direct contact with Trevor. She has admitted keeping a long distance surveillance on him and his search for the Ares. If she learns of the second transfer, maybe, the penny will drop.

I beleive after Joel's and Gonzales' meeting that all talk in the guesthouse will stop between Joel and Lisa regading Trevor and other theories between them. Once Gonzales tells Joel that Bridget is a suspect and Henry confirms that he believes the guesthouse is bugged, I'm betting they try and trap Bridget to confirm it.

Before making any response to my speculation, do a good read of the appropriate portions of both chapters. Then consider my July 4th post.

I seriously doubt there is any local records concerning the final sale of the Lagoon, Rachel sailed away from Nassau on May 27th, 1997. I am of the considered opinion, Rachel soloed her east across the Atlantic to sell her in Europe. First, she would have sold the Lagoon to herself, using her new fabricated identity. Then with the vessels papers showing Rachel’s new name, and boat displaying any name other than Atlantis, there would be very little problem selling her, on the other side of the pond. The name does not really matter. A number, not a name, identifies the vessel.

Problem I see is giving her identity away in selling the vessel, she is on the run and most likely could have used bakash to escape detection on the boat. Being an Australian would not give her any problems in transport, if she used her maiden name on the passport.

Think about it. OK

Marty

My thoughts!!

Benji

Hi Benji,

This is an addendum to my July 4th Post. It is meant to be a supplement to that posting, explaining and expanding the information and conclusions I included in that post.

Dirk married Rachel in what she described as a spur-of-the-moment decision, rash and hasty. I know she was born in Australia and most likely met Dirk, while she was here in the United States. In order for her to be legally here in this country, she would have had to possess, a valid Australian Passport. After they were married, I believe she became a Legal Resident Alien, but retained her Australian citizenship. I believe she maintained and kept her passport valid and up to date. I believe the family name she was identified by, on the passport, was Smith. I do not know what given name was listed, nor would it surprise me, if it were other than Rachel.

I know in 1990 Rachel purchased from Bridget a catamaran. It was a Lagoon 55 and it was a cash transaction. I know the ownership documents identified the vessel by a registration number and not by a name. At the time of the purchase, the new owner of record, for the boat was to be recorded as Trevor Carlson. I know after the sale was completed, this vessel was given the name Atlantis by Rachel. I believe the vessels ownership documents were not altered to specify that name. For the purpose of this addendum, I will identify the vessel as Lagoon 55 # 123.

I believe that sometime after the purchase of Lagoon 55 #123, the ownership was transferred to Rachel. I believe only Rachel’s name was recorded as the new owner. I believe if she was not the sole, individual owner of the boat, she could not have legally left it to Trevor in her will. I believe this must have occurred prior to May 1997. I believe this transfer of ownership was reported to and recorded by some appropriate official agency.

I believe that subsequent to this transfer of ownership and prior to May 15th, 1997, the following occurred: I believe Rachel created a apparently valid Bill of Sale for the Lagoon 55 # 123. I believe the document indicated she was the legal owner and the buyer was listed as her alternate identification. To put it simply, she sold the boat to herself. I believe this transaction was not reported to any governmental agency.

I believe that at approximately 19:45 hours on May 27th, 1997 when Rachel set sail from Nassau, she was aboard the Lagoon 55 # 123. I do not know for sure, but I believe she would eventually be headed in an easterly direction, toward Europe. I believe approximately six hours after getting underway, she broadcast a Mayday transmission.

I believe she completed her voyage and arrived at an unknown, to me, location. I believe there is one major advantage, in using this method of, leaving the United States. She did not have to pass thru any immigration control and no record would exist of her departing our shores.

I believe once she arrived in Europe, she would have a valid passport to establish her identity. She would have legitimate papers identifying her, in her alternate identification, as the lawful owner of Lagoon 55 # 123. I believe she would have had no problem selling the catamaran.

I believe once she had done so, she went to the location the Kookaburra was waiting. I believe she set sail for Australia after taking possession of the boat. I believe she would have been accompanied by, at least one other person, on this voyage. I will not presume that it was Martin Blake. My reasoning for that is simple. Martin Blake operates a ranch or farm in Australia. I am not sure if he could absent himself from that activity, for the length of time necessary, to complete that long a voyage. I believe she would not have made a solo voyage. I believe a solo voyage, would have resulted in unwelcome attention, by the local boating community, of such an occurrence.

Well Benji, what do you think?

Marty

Hi Benji,

This is an addendum to my July 4th Post. It is meant to be a supplement to that posting, explaining and expanding the information and conclusions I included in that post.

Dirk married Rachel in what she described as a spur-of-the-moment decision, rash and hasty. I know she was born in Australia and most likely met Dirk, while she was here in the United States. In order for her to be legally here in this country, she would have had to possess, a valid Australian Passport. After they were married, I believe she became a Legal Resident Alien, but retained her Australian citizenship. I believe she maintained and kept her passport valid and up to date. I believe the family name she was identified by, on the passport, was Smith. I do not know what given name was listed, nor would it surprise me, if it were other than Rachel.

I know in 1990 Rachel purchased from Bridget a catamaran. It was a Lagoon 55 and it was a cash transaction. I know the ownership documents identified the vessel by a registration number and not by a name. At the time of the purchase, the new owner of record, for the boat was to be recorded as Trevor Carlson. I know after the sale was completed, this vessel was given the name Atlantis by Rachel. I believe the vessels ownership documents were not altered to specify that name. For the purpose of this addendum, I will identify the vessel as Lagoon 55 # 123.

'Spur of the moment decision' could have well been an unplanned pregnancy, it would fit the timeline of Trevor's age. With Lisa's and Joels renewed interest in investigating will Lisa uncover the documentation that changed the ownerships of the boats? How could Rachel Smith change the title of Trevor's ownership unless Dirk did it and sold it to Rachel Smith.

I believe that sometime after the purchase of Lagoon 55 #123, the ownership was transferred to Rachel. I believe only Rachel’s name was recorded as the new owner. I believe if she was not the sole, individual owner of the boat, she could not have legally left it to Trevor in her will. I believe this must have occurred prior to May 1997. I believe this transfer of ownership was reported to and recorded by some appropriate official agency.

I wonder if Gonzales is aware of this or not, if Rachel did a boat switch to legally sell it she must have been aware that the Aries was a target and wished to disguise it by pretending it lost at sea. Would Trevor at age 7 even noticed the subtle differences in both boats?

I believe that subsequent to this transfer of ownership and prior to May 15th, 1997, the following occurred: I believe Rachel created a apparently valid Bill of Sale for the Lagoon 55 # 123. I believe the document indicated she was the legal owner and the buyer was listed as her alternate identification. To put it simply, she sold the boat to herself. I believe this transaction was not reported to any governmental agency.

LOL, I guess I'm being ahead of myself here, but all transactions need to be recorded, therefore the county assessor's office would have to record it. It would be needed to sell the boat, proving ownership to the buyer.

I believe that at approximately 19:45 hours on May 27th, 1997 when Rachel set sail from Nassau, she was aboard the Lagoon 55 # 123. I do not know for sure, but I believe she would eventually be headed in an easterly direction, toward Europe. I believe approximately six hours after getting underway, she broadcast a Mayday transmission.

Okay, let's say she does that! Didn't they triangulate the transmission in their search for her? I think it was likely she mayday'd her call and high tailed it eastward immediately.

I believe she completed her voyage and arrived at an unknown, to me, location. I believe there is one major advantage, in using this method of, leaving the United States. She did not have to pass thru any immigration control and no record would exist of her departing our shores.

My thoughts a split here, she either completed a circumnavigation without any port entries other then Australia, but she would have to re-supply food and fuel along the way. So she could not avoid detection, but as Rachel Smith she could.

I believe once she arrived in Europe, she would have a valid passport to establish her identity. She would have legitimate papers identifying her, in her alternate identification, as the lawful owner of Lagoon 55 # 123. I believe she would have had no problem selling the catamaran.

I agree, but why sell the boat and travel the rest of the way on another untested boat? Why not just fly to Australia and buy a 'new' boat there?

I believe once she had done so, she went to the location the Kookaburra was waiting. I believe she set sail for Australia after taking possession of the boat. I believe she would have been accompanied by, at least one other person, on this voyage. I will not presume that it was Martin Blake. My reasoning for that is simple. Martin Blake operates a ranch or farm in Australia. I am not sure if he could absent himself from that activity, for the length of time necessary, to complete that long a voyage. I believe she would not have made a solo voyage. I believe a solo voyage, would have resulted in unwelcome attention, by the local boating community, of such an occurrence.

If I follow your theory here, it would mean that she continued to sail on an untested new boat she just bought to sail to Australia with Martin or persons unknown, like I said if I follow your theory it would make much more sense for Rachel to show arrival by boat, prove sold and purchase an airline ticket and buy a newer boat in Aussie land.

Well Benji, what do you think?

Marty

Those are my thoughts!

Benji

Hi Benji,

Please understand my responses to your thoughts are NOT a challenge. The are strictly answers to your comments

'Spur of the moment decision' could have well been an unplanned pregnancy, it would fit the timeline of Trevor's age. With Lisa's and Joels renewed interest in investigating will Lisa uncover the documentation that changed the ownerships of the boats? How could Rachel Smith change the title of Trevor's ownership unless Dirk did it and sold it to Rachel Smith.

Trevor was born in 1989. He and Lisa celebrated their joint 17th birthdays in the beginning of June 2006. That was just before he started his circumnavigation. Dirk and Rachel were already married when they bought the Ares in 1987. Trevor would have been around 1 years of age when the Lagoon 55 # 123 (Atlantis) was purchased in 1990.

I wonder if Gonzales is aware of this or not, if Rachel did a boat switch to legally sell it she must have been aware that the Aries was a target and wished to disguise it by pretending it lost at sea. Would Trevor at age 7 even noticed the subtle differences in both boats?

Gonzalez is aware Rachel bought Lagoon 55 # 123 (Altantis) from Bridget. I think after she found Arnold’s hidden papers she figured the Ares might be a target.I doubt Trevor would be aware of the swap. First his age (Almost 8) and also he was a mental wreck after she disapppeared.

LOL, I guess I'm being ahead of myself here, but all transactions need to be recorded, therefore the county assessor's office would have to record it. It would be needed to sell the boat, proving ownership to the buyer.

Benji I would normally agree with you. However, consider this. The phony sale was a private one between two individuals. Not a dealer to customer sale. For the sake of discussion consider this. If Rachel actually sold the boat to someone who resided in Georgia. The person who bought the boat would take it to his home state and register it there. He would have the bill of sale and a copy of the vessels papers listing Rachel Carlson as the former owner. Agreed Rachel Carlson should have notified the Florida authorities, but she didn’t want them to know about the sale.

Okay, let's say she does that! Didn't they triangulate the transmission in their search for her? I think it was likely she mayday'd her call and high tailed it eastward immediately.

It is my understanding, the message was not triangulated due to the shortness of the single transmission. I found this internnet site which has some info about Mayday calls in 2010. The,”Disappearance,” occurred in 1997.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2623265/sea_kayak_rescues_the_vhf_mayday_one.html

My thoughts a split here, she either completed a circumnavigation without any port entries other then Australia, but she would have to re-supply food and fuel along the way. So she could not avoid detection, but as Rachel Smith she could.

I agree. She used her Austrailian Passport as Rachel Smith

I agree, but why sell the boat and travel the rest of the way on another untested boat? Why not just fly to Australia and buy a 'new' boat there?

It is possible she did that. But the Kookaburra was launched in April 1996. It had to get from France to Australia some how.

If I follow your theory here, it would mean that she continued to sail on an untested new boat she just bought to sail to Australia with Martin or persons unknown, like I said if I follow your theory it would make much more sense for Rachel to show arrival by boat, prove sold and purchase an airline ticket and buy a newer boat in Aussie land.

Benji, it could have happened like that. Keep in mind, Rachel always was one to push the limits – sometimes too far.

Benji, I hope I answered your questions. We may not agree, but I really enjoy our Brain Storming.

THREE more days 2 GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marty

HI Benji,

In CJs announcement about about the delay for Chapter 83, he says the next three chapters have to be written together. I kind of think that all three will have

Humongous Cliffhangers

when each chapter ends.

Marty

Edited by MartyS

Hi Benji,

Please understand my responses to your thoughts are NOT a challenge. The are strictly answers to your comments

True about the date of Trevor's birth, but she could have been pregnant before and miscarried? Otherwise I cannot understand the 'rushed decision to marry'

On the sale of the boat from Rachel to Rachel, would it have been better to have it done as from Dirk Carlson to Rachel Smith in trying to resell it aboard. The signatures on the title would be awkward going from Rachel to Rachel otherwise perhaps raising unwanted suspicion.

I can concur that the mayday broadcast was too short for a triangulation.

On the launch date, which preceded Rachel's departure and arrival in Europe by a month or more. That would mean someone else would have had to 'launch the boat for her, or she ordered the 'special plaque' for it ahead of time and used the Atlantis as a 'down payment on arrival. In the prologue Rachel mentioned she was making good money and knew she would need it! Remember, Trevor mentioned that the plaque was special ordered.

Benji, I hope I answered your questions. We may not agree, but I really enjoy our Brain Storming.

THREE more days 2 GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marty

Yep, just a couple of day's left! B)

Benji

Edited by Benji

HI Benji,

In CJs announcement about about the delay for Chapter 83, he says the next three chapters have to be written together. I kind of think that all three will have

Humongous Cliffhangers

when each chapter ends.

Marty

B)........... Would not put it pass the goat, with the newsbreak, Joel & Lisa, Bridget & George and yes Gonzales & Frank, not to be left unsaid Trevor and Shane. Things are happening very fast, I was amiss in mentioning Sanchez and Kline.0:)

Edited by Benji

Hi Benji,

True about the date of Trevor's birth, but she could have been pregnant before and miscarried? Otherwise I cannot understand the 'rushed decision to marry'

That is a possibility I had not considered. We may never know.

On the sale of the boat from Rachel to Rachel, would it have been better to have it done as from Dirk Carlson to Rachel Smith in trying to resell it aboard. The signatures on the title would be awkward going from Rachel to Rachel otherwise perhaps raising unwanted suspicion.

I like your idea. One problem exists. Rachel Carlson left the Lagoon 55 123, to Trevor in her will. For her to be able to do that, the boat had to be in her name only.

On the launch date, which preceded Rachel's departure and arrival in Europe by a month or more. That would mean someone else would have had to 'launch the boat for her, or she ordered the 'special plaque' for it ahead of time and used the Atlantis as a 'down payment on arrival. In the prologue Rachel mentioned she was making good money and knew she would need it! Remember, Trevor mentioned that the plaque was special ordered.

Benji, you are making the same mistake I did at first. The Plaque, Trevor noticed attached to the transom of The Kookaburra said: She was launched in April 1996, not 1997 the year of the, “Disappearance.”

New Item:

Trevor and Shane are talking about requesting Martin Blake allow them to sail the Kookaburra to Florida. They want to use her to haul the special new sonar system. After I put together my July 4th posting, I stopped worrying about it. I now believe Martin knows just about everything, that actually happened concerning the, “Disappearance.” If they do decide to ask him, I am lookng forward to reading his reasons for turning them down.

Have a nice weekend

Marty

Hi Benji,

That is a possibility I had not considered. We may never know.

I like your idea. One problem exists. Rachel Carlson left the Lagoon 55 123, to Trevor in her will. For her to be able to do that, the boat had to be in her name only.

No, she left the Atlantis to Trevor, not the Aries, since both her and Dirk purchased the first boat together (the Aries) then Dirk could have written the for sale papers to Rachel Smith. If she switched boats as you suggest, then a crime of forgery was committed. Something Trevor must not know until the statutes run out. That leaves the plausible finding by Ned of certain items on Trevor's boat.

Benji, you are making the same mistake I did at first. The Plaque, Trevor noticed attached to the transom of The Kookaburra said: She was launched in April 1996, not 1997 the year of the, “Disappearance.”

True, but what if they did not bother to check the records, after all the biggest difference in the plaque was the 'new boat name' on the plaque. As Trevor pointed out, what if the Atlantis is actually the Kookaburra? With a new make-up and name plate, or simply a disguise from the lost Aries or Atlantis?

New Item:

Trevor and Shane are talking about requesting Martin Blake allow them to sail the Kookaburra to Florida. They want to use her to haul the special new sonar system. After I put together my July 4th posting, I stopped worrying about it. I now believe Martin knows just about everything, that actually happened concerning the, “Disappearance.” If they do decide to ask him, I am looking forward to reading his reasons for turning them down.

I think Martin will turn them down too, unless his boats name and his name are not mentioned. Here is where Kline plays the role of fate for them, whereas he and his buddy keeps certain information to themselves and plow forward for more of the story. Trevor and may wind up doing a circumnavigation around Australia. Will Gonzales prevent Joel and Lisa from leaving the country, as he suggested? Or will Bridget and George prevail to implicate the two in drugs? Or will Trevor and Shane find themselves on the outback for awhile?

Have a nice weekend

Marty

B).... Have a great weekend too!!

Benji

I can comment on a couple of the above issues;

Per the prologue, Atlantis was purchased three years after Ares, and Atlantis was put in Trevor's name at that time.

It's mentioned above, as speculation, that Rachel may have done a circumnavigation of her own. If that's true, she'd have ended up back where she started. :P

And now, shame on you guys for saying there may be cliffhangers in the next few chapters!!! You know I'd never do such a thing! 0:)

Things are speeding up fast... and all will be revealed when Dec 17th (story time) rolls around. (though some may well be revealed sooner)

And... you're probably wrong on the three days to go to the next chapter... I'm going to try to post a bit earlier than the usual time of week. :boy:

I can comment on a couple of the above issues;

Per the prologue, Atlantis was purchased three years after Ares, and Atlantis was put in Trevor's name at that time.

It's mentioned above, as speculation, that Rachel may have done a circumnavigation of her own. If that's true, she'd have ended up back where she started. :P

And now, shame on you guys for saying there may be cliffhangers in the next few chapters!!! You know I'd never do such a thing! 0:)

Things are speeding up fast... and all will be revealed when Dec 17th (story time) rolls around. (though some may well be revealed sooner)

And... you're probably wrong on the three days to go to the next chapter... I'm going to try to post a bit earlier than the usual time of week. :boy:

:blink:........... Who speculated that Rachel did a circumnavigation? And the tid-bits of an early chapter release have no timeline! :angry: The insinuation that the goat would have more cliffhangers in mind?? Priceless :lmao:B)

:blink:........... Who speculated that Rachel did a circumnavigation? And the tid-bits of an early chapter release have no timeline! :angry: The insinuation that the goat would have more cliffhangers in mind?? Priceless :lmao:B)

Well said! I second these comments! Keep hammering "The Goat!" He that speaks falsely, better a millstone be fastened round his neck and like Trevor cast into the deep.

The chapter (One Heart) should appear at 5:05 PM Sunday (today) but I dunno what time zone... I'm testing the autopost feature, where you can set it to post on a date and time. If that's Eastern time, as I suspect, it's under an hour from now, because it's 1:11 pm here, and the east coast is three hours ahead of me this time of year (I'm on standard time, not daylight savings).

And Benji, shame on you for insinuating I'd ever use a cliffhanger! :blink:

Well said! I second these comments! Keep hammering "The Goat!" He that speaks falsely, better a millstone be fastened round his neck and like Trevor cast into the deep.

ACK!

But Marty... you';re being mislead.. don't let Benji pull the wool over your eyes; I would never, ever have anything to do with a cliff, or a cliffhanger!

0:)

The chapter (One Heart) should appear at 5:05 PM Sunday (today) but I dunno what time zone... I'm testing the autopost feature, where you can set it to post on a date and time. If that's Eastern time, as I suspect, it's under an hour from now, because it's 1:11 pm here, and the east coast is three hours ahead of me this time of year (I'm on standard time, not daylight savings).

And Benji, shame on you for insinuating I'd ever use a cliffhanger! :blink:

ACK!

But Marty... you';re being mislead.. don't let Benji pull the wool over your eyes; I would never, ever have anything to do with a cliff, or a cliffhanger!

0:)

B).................... I thought only sheep had wool, does the goat have something I'm not aware of? 0:)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..