Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 86: Mr. Smith

Thanks for the next installment.

I'm very impressed by the diligence of the custom officers and the local constabulary in protecting Trevor.

Looks like Shane is getting a bit of respect from the custom officers as well.

Meanwhile, back in the states, the investigation is fairly well stalled and confused. Lots of options for the story to wander in many directions. Thanks.

"Twenty minutes later, with the property owner’s permission, Fowler and Constable White used Kline’s key and entered his motel room. There, they found his clothes, suitcase, cheap after-shave and other toiletries,"

Love it, yeah, cheap after-shave. Heheheh, says it all as if we didn't know already - Kline's a scummy little two-bit sleazebag.

Btw "Lunchtime Special" at my local pub yesterday - Curried Goat.

Yum yum, deelicious.

Just thought you'd like to know :)

Edited by Zombie

Thank you CHJ for an excellent chapter. I was especially thankful for your making at least one of my predictions come true. I posted the following several weeks ago, shortly after Chapter 80 was posted.

No, I think Kline may approach the officers and use the information he has gathered, to imply he is related to Trevor. I believe he will insert the name Smith to help establish his bona fides.

If Kline decides to use the approach I just outlined, it might be the answer to one of Trevor’s problems. Kline and Co. appear to be the only members of Fourth Estate, who are aware there really is a story.

I look forward to reading about the encounter. That is if Shane’s plagiarist decides to include the incident in his version of, “Trevor’s Travels & Troubles.” Maybe Shane will use the title “Trevor’s Tribulations,” for his incomplete opus.

Unfortunately, when I made that prediction, I was unaware Trevor's Floating Mayday was still in transit down in the Southern Ocean, waiting for the fishing fleet to discover it.

Marty

B).................... I kinda felt a moment of Deja vu when reading this chapter! 0:) Seems my crystal ball was pretty clear of late!

I do hope Barney wasn't informed of the Smith name, this looks like it might get dangerous for Trevor's relatives also, not sure if Kline got the town of the relatives though. It's going to be Blake's call on where Trevor and Shane wind up staying, I'm torn between Trevor being land locked for awhile and a nice stress-less sail around the coast until Joel and Lisa arrive. 0:) Hopefully the hit-man has already decided on the wrong location, and once hears the news heads back to Carnavon a bit late as Trevor and Shane are long gone. Perhaps to console himself he happenstances having a cold beer with Kline. :lol:

Great chapter CJ, I see things moving along fast now!!

Thank you CHJ for an excellent chapter. I was especially thankful for your making at least one of my predictions come true. I posted the following several weeks ago, shortly after Chapter 80 was posted.

Unfortunately, when I made that prediction, I was unaware Trevor's Floating Mayday was still in transit down in the Southern Ocean, waiting for the fishing fleet to discover it.

Marty

B)......... True, but how you deduced that Kline had Trevor's mothers maiden name is beyond me.0:)

B).................... I kinda felt a moment of Deja vu when reading this chapter! 0:) Seems my crystal ball was pretty clear of late!

I do hope Barney wasn't informed of the Smith name, this looks like it might get dangerous for Trevor's relatives also, not sure if Kline got the town of the relatives though. It's going to be Blake's call on where Trevor and Shane wind up staying, I'm torn between Trevor being land locked for awhile and a nice stress-less sail around the coast until Joel and Lisa arrive. 0:) Hopefully the hit-man has already decided on the wrong location, and once hears the news heads back to Carnarvon a bit late as Trevor and Shane are long gone. Perhaps to console himself he happenstances having a cold beer with Kline. :lol:

Hi Benji,

Maybe the two of them will do what you recommended a while back. Take off into the bush and live like Crocodile Dundee.

Marty

B)......... True, but how you deduced that Kline had Trevor's mothers maiden name is beyond me.0:)

He bribed the klutz in charge of the Carnarvon Yacht Club, who eavesdropped on Trevor's telephone call.

He bribed the klutz in charge of the Carnarvon Yacht Club, who eavesdropped on Trevor's telephone call.

:lol:............I know that, but that was not revealed until this chapter!!

:lol:............I know that, but that was not revealed until this chapter!!

Sorry Benji, you must have missed this in Chapter 80

“It could be months. Hell, it could even be an insurance write-off and he’ll never be back. I’m going to have to kick it up a notch. I found out one thing that might prove useful; the clerk at the yacht club is a bored and nosey prick who likes to eavesdrop. He told me that Trevor has relatives in Western Australia and is looking for ‘em. Cost me two hundred for the family name, only to find out its f**king Smith. However, sitting here in the damn bush and being eaten alive by flies, it occurred to me that those customs officers probably have the info I need and this gives me the key to getting it – they don’t know me.”

I have a feeling ... to make Trevor heart break ... shane is missing when he gets back .. this is the first time they're apart

B).......................... :angry: Ackk, Don't add to the misery here for the goat to complicate upon our heroes.

Thanks for the next installment.

I'm very impressed by the diligence of the custom officers and the local constabulary in protecting Trevor.

Looks like Shane is getting a bit of respect from the custom officers as well.

Meanwhile, back in the states, the investigation is fairly well stalled and confused. Lots of options for the story to wander in many directions. Thanks.

We're rapidly approaching Dec 17th in the story, so the clock is ticking down. :)

Yep, Fowler used to hate Shane, but not anymore. :)

Love it, yeah, cheap after-shave. Heheheh, says it all as if we didn't know already - Kline's a scummy little two-bit sleazebag.

Btw "Lunchtime Special" at my local pub yesterday - Curried Goat.

Yum yum, deelicious.

Just thought you'd like to know :)

The cheap after shave does fit. :)

Curried GOAT?!!? :blink: Ack... :ph34r:

Yep, you did! :2thumbs: Great catch, and a good eye!!!

I do hope Barney wasn't informed of the Smith name, this looks like it might get dangerous for Trevor's relatives also, not sure if Kline got the town of the relatives though. It's going to be Blake's call on where Trevor and Shane wind up staying, I'm torn between Trevor being land locked for awhile and a nice stress-less sail around the coast until Joel and Lisa arrive. 0:) Hopefully the hit-man has already decided on the wrong location, and once hears the news heads back to Carnavon a bit late as Trevor and Shane are long gone. Perhaps to console himself he happenstances having a cold beer with Kline. :lol:

You did indeed predict this! Way to go! :2thumbs:

No need to worry about Basingstoke; we haven't even seen him in a couple of chapters, and he has a 50-50 chance of going to the wrong Carnarvon (Carnarvon Bay, Tasmania) which is Tasmanian Devil country.

I have a feeling ... to make Trevor heart break ... shane is missing when he gets back .. this is the first time they're apart

Would I do something like that? 0:)

Marty, why so cynical? Why do you seem so convinced that I am anything other than a sweet, innocent writer, who would never, ever let anything bad happen to a character??? :blink: :blink:

BTW, Time to announce the next chapter title: Pshrinkage. :music:

Why do you seem so convinced that I am anything other than a sweet, innocent writer, who would never, ever let anything bad happen to a character??? :blink: :blink:

Lies! Lies! Lies!

Here's just one single example that proves The Goat is telling evil porkies:

LTMP c45

"Kneeling by Chase’s side, Dimitri unsheathed his bloodstained knife, placing it against the skin of Chase’s arm as a smile of anticipation began to light his face and he added, “I’m going to skin you, inch by inch. Tell me the truth and I’ll kill you quickly. Now, let’s get started.” As the knife drew blood, Chase’s anguished yell echoed against the cold, unfeeling rock of the old mine shaft. Dimitri had some concern about the noise, but assumed that the screams would not carry far. Angling for a better position, and having no intention of stopping no matter what the young drummer said, Dimitri used his legs to pin Chase in place and resumed his knife’s agonizing work, a task he was very much enjoying."

"In agony from the small strip of skin Dimitri was pulling from the back of his upper arm, feeling every nerve ending howl, Chase glanced up and saw movement silhouetted against the tunnel entrance. Knowing that he had to distract Dimitri, Chase yelled, “I’ll tell you, I’ll tell you, just stop, please stop!

"Chase cried out again, even louder, as Dimitri worked the knife some more"

This is bestial. It's inhuman. It's evil. There is no court that would not convict CJ of inhuman cruelty, torture and general beastliness to his characters - the more pain and suffering they endure the happier he is :devil:

Lies! Lies! Lies!

Here's just one single example that proves The Goat is telling evil porkies:

LTMP c45

"Kneeling by Chase’s side, Dimitri unsheathed his bloodstained knife, placing it against the skin of Chase’s arm as a smile of anticipation began to light his face and he added, “I’m going to skin you, inch by inch. Tell me the truth and I’ll kill you quickly. Now, let’s get started.” As the knife drew blood, Chase’s anguished yell echoed against the cold, unfeeling rock of the old mine shaft. Dimitri had some concern about the noise, but assumed that the screams would not carry far. Angling for a better position, and having no intention of stopping no matter what the young drummer said, Dimitri used his legs to pin Chase in place and resumed his knife’s agonizing work, a task he was very much enjoying."

"In agony from the small strip of skin Dimitri was pulling from the back of his upper arm, feeling every nerve ending howl, Chase glanced up and saw movement silhouetted against the tunnel entrance. Knowing that he had to distract Dimitri, Chase yelled, “I’ll tell you, I’ll tell you, just stop, please stop!

"Chase cried out again, even louder, as Dimitri worked the knife some more"

This is bestial. It's inhuman. It's evil. There is no court that would not convict CJ of inhuman cruelty, torture and general beastliness to his characters - the more pain and suffering they endure the happier he is :devil:

Hi Zombie,

Let me say first of all, you are an astute person. You have gazed upon CHJ, (AKA The Goat) and see him for what he is. The maxim, which comes to mind when closely viewing him, is, “What evil lurks in the mind of CHJ? Unfortunately his warped persona has at least thirteen, yes, thirteen chapters to threaten our protagonist and the ones closest to his heart.

When reading his stories one thought is always foremost in my mind. To paraphrase Mel Brooks, “Expect the worst, hope for the best.” CHJ has the audacity to claim, “I never use Cliffhangers!” Many times there are multiple Cliffhangers in one chapter.

At present he has at least three ongoing ones woven into the plot: First, “What will happen when Basingstoke, the Hitman finds Trevor?” Second, “What will happen when and if, Joel and Lisa leave for Australia?” Third, but not the final plot cliffhanger is, “Will Dirk and Jim continue to be safe in their place of refuge?” I am certain you can add to this list without any difficulty.

He recently asked me:

Why do you seem so convinced that I am anything other than a sweet, innocent writer, who would never, ever let anything bad happen to a character???

I thank you for your excellent response.

Marty

BTW, Time to announce the next chapter title: Pshrinkage. :music:

Would someone please define this word for me.

"Pshrinkage"

I even gave Google a look at it, without success.

Could it be that , "The Goat," has something that starts with the letter, "P," that is shrinking?

Edited by MartyS

Would someone please define this word for me.

"Pshrinkage"

I even gave Google a look at it, without success.

Could it be that , "The Goat," has something that starts with the letter, "P," that is shrinking?

B)............... IDK, could be referring to a psychologist/shrink. Could be the goat flubbed the word :lol:, wouldn't be the first time! I was trying to run through some scenarios out there, but nothing seemed to pop out other then Trevor's upcoming doctor visit.

P.S. Marty, you never responded to my BS comment. :boy:

Edited by Benji

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..