Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 91: Getting Warmer

Sorry Marty, I must have misunderstood that last line. I thought you were saying George is being referred to as Bridget's Brother

Hi wildone

Maybe I should have made it clearer. The only reference to the existence of Bridget's brother, was made by Bridget to Lisa. At least that is all I recall. My WAG is meant that George Alfred, (got it right that time, by golly)is living two lives. One as Detective Alfred and a second as Bridget's Brother. That is my WAG anyway.

Marty

B).........I replied in Brainstorming section.

Hi Benji,

There appears to be a problem. This post of yours refers to you replying in Brainstorming. I do not see any post by you, in Brainstorming, that was posted today. There is one from you posted yesterday, which has nothing to do with my post in this thread. Maybe another glitch?

Marty

Just time for a quick post, due to my internet connection acting up.

I'd like to add a bit to the reasons Bridget is after Trevor; She figured out that her late husband hid something on Ares, something other than her asset list (the latter is the reason she gave Sanchez). She fears whatever this is, believing it will be the end of her if it ever comes to light. That's why she does not want the wreck of Ares found, and so she wants to kill Trevor. She wants to either kill or imprison Lisa and Joel for a similar reason; she has good reason to believe they'd continue Trevor's quest for Ares if Trevor dies. Sanchez was paid by Bridget to put a hit out on Trevor, but so far he's failed twice, which is a professional embarrassment.

Now, for the next chapter title: Running the Gauntlet

CJ :)

Thanks for that extra clarification about Bridget's reasons for wanting Trevor out of the picture. I'd forgotten about the asset list.

B)................ Just to add to that, the bonus was taking the heat off her if it looked like Trevor's dad was trying to kill him, leading credence that Dirk was a killer and possibly ties into Arnold's death in which Bridget was the main suspect. Throwing Dirk out as the culprit took away her as a suspect.

I’m still sticking with my original theory from way back in the day that Trevor’s Mom is very much alive and will make an appearance sometime soon… probably after the December deadline has passed.

Ares IMO is still in one piece and its treasures already found. How’s that for a stab in the dark? :P

• Site Administrator

Just time for a quick post, due to my internet connection acting up.

I'd like to add a bit to the reasons Bridget is after Trevor; She figured out that her late husband hid something on Ares, something other than her asset list (the latter is the reason she gave Sanchez). She fears whatever this is, believing it will be the end of her if it ever comes to light. That's why she does not want the wreck of Ares found, and so she wants to kill Trevor. She wants to either kill or imprison Lisa and Joel for a similar reason; she has good reason to believe they'd continue Trevor's quest for Ares if Trevor dies. Sanchez was paid by Bridget to put a hit out on Trevor, but so far he's failed twice, which is a professional embarrassment.

Now, for the next chapter title: Running the Gauntlet

CJ Posted Image

Hmmm, me thinks this is a spoiler :D Where is Graeme when you need him :P

We all knew about the asset list, but I don't recall anything else being mentioned about anything else that could ruin her. As far as I remember she felt the asset list would ruin her.

Maybe I'm confusing what was written to what was speculated in the forum.

Either way, Graeme, get your quill sharpener out and be ready :)

I’m still sticking with my original theory from way back in the day that Trevor’s Mom is very much alive and will make an appearance sometime soon… probably after the December deadline has passed.

Ares IMO is still in one piece and its treasures already found. How’s that for a stab in the dark? Posted Image

I have to agree with you about the Ares still being around. I still of a firm belief that the Kookaburra is the Ares. Too much was said about how Nate can rebuild a boat and change the windows and such to make it look like a Lagoon 57. The only thing I guess confuses me about my theory there is the hull length (which, really, Trevor hasn't pulled out a tape measure yet and 2 feet in 55-77 feet wouldn't be that big of a difference), and also the hull plate. I believe Trevor mentioned that the plate was authentic and the boat did get made as a 57 in France.

Still, if Nate can make the boat appear to be a 57, maybe he can make a plate too. Just wouldn't you think Nate would use that as bragging material; "I remember when I turned a 55 into a 57 and nobody can tell the difference'

Too convenient for my likes :(

Posted Image ........... I'm also under the influence that the Aries is the Kookaburra, after all if Rachel a 'Shelly' came in with a damaged catamaran and decide to up grade it up. I'm sure Ned could have done it, which leads me to conclude that the Aries and Atlantis were never switched (seeing that the Atlantis was gone over with a fine tooth comb method) That leaves me to the conclusion that Rachel found one other hidden compartment, but no others. What if where Trevor held his money in the bilge area there was another concealed storage compartment that no one would think to look at, except maybe Trevor while looking at its area! The goat mentioned this area a couple times, Hmmm! What could Trevor discover here? Posted Image Posted Image

Far be it for me to Pee in anyone's corn flakes, but the following appeared in Chapter 88.

and then squirmed into the bilge. After a few moments, he looked up at Shane and said, “The hull structure is a little different than Atlantis; there’s a thick hull member over the water tank. I can wedge the can up behind it. It’s a tight fit, but if I leave it rag end out, it looks just like a rag holder.

I believe I am on firm ground to state,

"Trevor is very familiar with the construction of the Lagoon 55 he sailed from Fort Pierce, Florida to Carnarvon, Western Australia."

It has been suggested by some posters here in The Forum, including myself prior to July 4th, 2011, The Kookaburra is in fact, the Yacht Ares, reported missing in May 1997.

There are some who believe a conversion had been done by Ned Kelly to alter the exterior to camouflage the Ares, to make it appear to be a Lagoon 57.

Edited by MartyS

Hmmm, me thinks this is a spoiler Posted Image Where is Graeme when you need him Posted Image

We all knew about the asset list, but I don't recall anything else being mentioned about anything else that could ruin her. As far as I remember she felt the asset list would ruin her.

I'll have to see if I can find the chapter, ah, here we go, 33, in which we learned a lot about Bridget. Here are two key paragraphs;

Bridget had not lied to Sanchez. What she had told him was, to the best of her knowledge, the truth; the risk of a lie was just too great, and there was no advantage to be gained by lying in this instance. It was not, however, the whole truth. Her late husband’s failings had been very apparent to Bridget, and she herself was not blind to her own. She was, at her heart, prone to think in terms of money and power. It was her husband who had been adept at the art of preparation and maneuver, and thus it was well after his death that it occurred to Bridget to ponder his true intentions, looking beyond the apparent easy answer of greed. Over time, Bridget had come to suspect that her late husband had hidden something else, along with the assets list, aboard the Ares.

Therefore, though she had not lied to Sanchez, she had omitted mentioning a few details, key amongst them being that the Federal authorities had been investigating Rachel’s illegal activities because of an anonymous tip, sent in by Bridget in the hopes of forcing a sale or seizure and auction of the Ares. Bridget assumed, with good reason, that Sanchez would not be pleased to learn that she had been willing to give information to the authorities, for whatever cause.

It's mentioned later in the story that the "something else" is quite real. It is also what Bridget truly fears (thus showing that it's a far greater danger than the asset list). We don't yet know what it is.

See? No spoiler! :P

Posted Image ........... I'm also under the influence

Under the influence, eh? :P

Question????????????

The new posting settup seems to be OK, mostly.

I have not found how to use Spellcheck

The upgrade is still ongoing. However, I use the spellchecker in Firefox, which works just fine. I think there may be one for IE now too.

CJ :)

Question????????????

The new posting settup seems to be OK, mostly.

I have not found how to use Spellcheck

CJ, I found a way to use Spellcheck. I right click any word in my posting. That checks the word and offers me the option to check the remainder of the posting.

Edited by MartyS

Bridget had not lied to Sanchez. What she had told him was, to the best of her knowledge, the truth; the risk of a lie was just too great, and there was no advantage to be gained by lying in this instance. It was not, however, the whole truth. Her late husband’s failings had been very apparent to Bridget, and she herself was not blind to her own. She was, at her heart, prone to think in terms of money and power. It was her husband who had been adept at the art of preparation and maneuver, and thus it was well after his death that it occurred to Bridget to ponder his true intentions, looking beyond the apparent easy answer of greed. Over time, Bridget had come to suspect that her late husband had hidden something else, along with the assets list, aboard the Ares.

Therefore, though she had not lied to Sanchez, she had omitted mentioning a few details, key amongst them being that the Federal authorities had been investigating Rachel’s illegal activities because of an anonymous tip, sent in by Bridget in the hopes of forcing a sale or seizure and auction of the Ares. Bridget assumed, with good reason, that Sanchez would not be pleased to learn that she had been willing to give information to the authorities, for whatever cause.

It's mentioned later in the story that the "something else" is quite real. It is also what Bridget truly fears (thus showing that it's a far greater danger than the asset list). We don't yet know what it is.

See? No spoiler!

Wait a minute. Am I reading the same edition of Circumnavigation you folks are?

What Bridget fears most if the Ares is found is: She believes her late husband Arnold wrote out everything he knew about Bridget's involvment with Sanchez in smuggling drugs. She believes Arnold hid this information in the newer concealed compartments she believes he constructed.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..