A Roommate Wanted By K.c.

Thanks Linxe. By the end Jordan had accepted his fate. It wasn't a happy ending that a lot of people look forward to. A dark and twisted tale. Once an incubus has taken a human lover, it's said that they will return again and again until their human's death.

I found this to be an interesting read, especially with the way the protagonist was so willing, at the end, to embrace the demon, knowing that he would die. It says a lot, about human nature.

I think he probably would've died either way, since...

...he didn't realize Sebastian was an incubus until he was in such bad shape from all those injuries anyway. Sebastian even said "Not many men get 4 nights", thus Jordan probably should've already been dead by that point.

This one kind of irked me cause it basically amounts to poor Jordan falling for a really dirty trick Posted Image ... but I have to give props to you for how you wrote it to happen. Very well done! Posted Image

Incubi are a loathsome concept (or legend). Of course the story was gripping, fated and dark. A happy ending was not on any list of possibilities.

A happy ending is never a possibility when dealing with a demon. By nature they're dark, malevolent and evil creatures who prey upon the weak, lonely and dejected souls. Once an incubus or succubus has taken a human lover, there is no escape. :(

I think he probably would've died either way, since...

...he didn't realize Sebastian was an incubus until he was in such bad shape from all those injuries anyway. Sebastian even said "Not many men get 4 nights", thus Jordan probably should've already been dead by that point.

This one kind of irked me cause it basically amounts to poor Jordan falling for a really dirty trick Posted Image ... but I have to give props to you for how you wrote it to happen. Very well done! Posted Image

I'm sorry that it irked you that Jordan fell for the wicked tricks of a demon which ultimately led to his death, but thanks for liking the story itself as a dark and twisted tale. Your right, this is not a warm fuzzy kind of story! :P

Thanks for reading.

:D KC

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who read this story. This was my very first anthology piece and to have it receive such a warm welcome is more than any new author could dream of! To be nominated in the 2011 GA Readers Choice Awards is such a huge honor. There are so many fabulous stories and just to be considered amongst these greats is a thrill beyond words. I’m truly at a loss to express how excited I am.

Winning or losing doesn’t matter, Just to be nominated feels wonderful. Thank you so much!

KC :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...can someone pinch me? Thank you so much to everyone who read and voted for Roommate. :D

I'm glade that the GA readers enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. I owe Robert for letting me bounce ideas off him until he was ready to ducktape my mouth closed and to Rustle for making my crazy typos and fear of semicolon's disappear :P

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

I can't thank GA enough for giving me the opportunity to showcase my work.  If It wasn't for the amazing people here taking me under their wing and making me a better writer, none of this success would have happened.

A Roommate wanted has been published as part of a supernatural short story collection.  Thank so much for all your encouragment! :hug:

"A Roommate Wanted" is part of the "Bump in the Night" Short story collection at JMS Books