GA CHAT Magical Academy

Question 1 = What is your favorite season? Spring

Question 2 = Which of these do you prefer - Volcanic Eruption

Question 3 - Do you like Castles or Quests? Castles

Question 4 - Do you prefer Chariot or Ship? Ship

Question 5 = Which do you prize more? - lightmaking.

Question 6 = What sounds better, the deception of the hand or the fleetness of the foot? deception of hand

Question 7 = Pick one - Charisma, Dexterity, Constitution, Luck or Intelligence [i pick Dexterity]

Question 8 = Which is more important? - Knowing your enemies or Knowing your friends? Knowing your friends

Question 9 = Which do you prefer - The vast and mysterious Amazon or the ancient and knowing Nile? Amazon

Question 10 = Which of the following is more accurate - The hand deceives the eye -or- Wisdom is correct

knowledge correctly applied? Wisdom is correct knowledge correctly applied

Question 11 = Would you rather die young and glorious or old and experienced? young and glorious

Question 12 = Which attracts you more? - A great imperial capital city of murder, intrigue and fortune or a

cozy warm cottage deep in a far off forest glade? Probably the city XD

"As the age old saying goes darlin Nephy - "All rainbows lead to the Rainbow City"

Jez follow the rainbow that only a successful initiate can see Posted Image

Love from Joeypuppy~"

hope that helps

Jake

Edited by baddjake

I am this dude

1st HOUSE - Psycho-Kinesis

2nd HOUSE - Regeneration

Element - Fire

Magical Vocation - Warlock

Earthly Profession - Knight-Officer

muhahaha

ps - apparently we all have many years of intense training ahead of us before we get there :angry:

Question 1 = What is your favorite season? (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter) - Winter

Question 2 = Which of these do you prefer - Earthquake, Tsunami, Firestorm, Blizzard, Volcanic Eruption,

Lightning Storm, Hurricane? - Lightning Sotrm

Question 3 - Do you like Castles or Quests? - Castles

Question 4 - Do you prefer Chariot or Ship? - Ship

Question 5 = Which do you prize more? - Firemaking or lightmaking. - firemaking

Question 6 = What sounds better, the deception of the hand or the fleetness of the foot? - Deception of the hand

Question 7 = Pick one - Charisma, Dexterity, Constitution, Luck or Intelligence - Intelligence

Question 8 = Which is more important? - Knowing your enemies or Knowing your friends? - Knowing your enemies

Question 9 = Which do you prefer - The vast and mysterious Amazon or the ancient and knowing Nile? - the Ancient and Knowing Nile

Question 10 = Which of the following is more accurate - The hand deceives the eye -or- Wisdom is correct

knowledge correctly applied? - Wisdom is correct knowledge correctly applied

Question 11 = Would you rather die young and glorious or old and experienced? - Old and experienced

Question 12 = Which attracts you more? - A great imperial capital city of murder, intrigue and fortune or a

cozy warm cottage deep in a far off forest glade? - capital city

=)

Harforge Village - The Great Forest - 2350 leagues from the Imperial City of Rainbows.

Kaci carefully prepared the black mushrooms the way he had been taught. Peel, halve, quick flick to separate the stems from the tops. Then he tossed them in the pan of hot spitting butter, added marjoram, salt and black pepper and went back to day dreaming.

"Heed boy ye has ruined yet another batch! This must cease!" said old Margaret the cook as she leaned over to thwack Kaci with her ever present and handy apron-whip thing.

"Throw those burnings out and start again young cloudhead!" snarled the withered widow of the kitchens.

"Ye will pay for that out of yer wages! Thems black mushrooms aren't called so because you burn them mind!"

Kaci dodged another flick of the wetted spare apron as he automatically got another copper pot and went back to peeling more black mushrooms. His mind was made up. He felt very apprehensive but it was time to get out of here; he had foreseen it many times now and he believed it. He loved the Great Forest and the village was nice and gentle most of the time.., but nice and gentle was not what Kaci wanted at this stage of his life. He wanted to live, to contribute!

Ever since his Da' had died he had been having these visions. He missed Da' terribly , he was all that Kaci had. Da' had grown up in the great city and he was once an apprenticed member of the weather mages guild. He had taught Kaci his letters and numbers and all about the weather. He had met Kaci's mother while overnighting at this very tavern and for the love of his mother he had never left.

The mysterious disappearance of his Mam in the great forest 8 years ago broke both their hearts and Da' had wasted away slowly till finally he passed over the rainbow. Since Da's death Kaci had simply been going through the motions. Sometimes he thought about wandering off into the great forest to become lost like they said his mother did.

The visions were happening every night now. For the first time in generations Scholastic Rainbow Mages would soon be arriving in the village offering aptitude tests for any who possessed that rare spark that could make magic. Kaci knew this was his way out. He was going to get himself tested and hopefully he would be accepted and go to live in the Imperial City of Rainbows, his Da's home! Nobody really needed him here. There were no prospects here. It was time to leave.

Even as these thoughts drifted around his mind he could once more smell the burning of black mushrooms and the inevitable reprimand that would come with it.

It's quiet here in the City of Rainbows. It seems as if everyone is pre occupied and preparing for the arrival of... what? I mean they've found me, haven't they. Who else can they be waiting for. I know they've said that the Scholastic Rainbow Mages have been scouring the land seeking those of aptitude but I've passed the test and I'm here to learn not to wait for some half baked kitchen boy or random hick to come strolling in and vye for the attention of the professors and take more than their share from the kitchen table. And I bet some of them smell.

So far, things haven't been too bad. As mentioned the Telepathy teacher is hot, although now that she knows the way my thoughts have been wandering she has taken to wearing less of the sheer, shimmery material that clings to her curves like a second skin and more of the tough leather of a warrior. I think I will work harder at shielding my thoughts before she realises that the leather is even sexier.

The Druid is a strange one. He doesn't live in the academy, or even in the City, he has a cabin deep in the woods. When I was first sent to him I thought that I had come to the wrong place. The path was easy enough to follow and I amused myself by naming the trees, mostly Oak, Ash and Thorn and the plants I came across on my way. The Oak is a tree that is sacred to the Druids, In the ancient Celtic language of the trees called Ogham the Oak is called Duir and it is thought by some historians that this is where the word Druid began.

Ash is the witch's tree, expecially Mountain Ash, otherwise called Rowan. Although generally not yet time for nuts and berries the Rowan berries are very red which indicates a harsh winter ahead. The thorn tree is the last of the triad of sacred trees and is sacred to the goddess. Her thorns are long and wood tough. These three trees are good wood to burn and Ash provides wood for spears which is tough whilst also flexible.

Eventually I came across the side path that I had been warned to look for and it took me to a clearing almost entirely taken up by an enormous pool. At the Western side of the pool I could see a plain wooden cabin with smoke rising from its chimney.

Around and about the cabin were many animals, some in cages and some wandering free. It was immediately apparent that many of them were or had been sick or injured and I surmised that the Druid was in the habit of taking in sick animals and treating them. That suited me fine.

On the side of the pool, between myself and the cabin was a large, flat rock, jutting into the water and I thought that it looked as if it would make a good place to sunbathe in the summer or to lay pots for catching rainwater.

As I walked towards the cabin the door opened and the person I later came to know as the Druid Trainer emerged. I could not have been more surprised if he had risen from the centre of the pool. If I had been expecting a sage old man with white beard I was sadly mistaken. He was young, possibly my age or even considerably younger. Long black hair was caught in a leather thong at the back of his neck and his green eyes twinkled with mischief.

At first I was frustrated with him, as he spoke mostly in riddles but I grew more easy the more we talked. I tried to deny him for a long time as he conformed too closely to an image I had long held in my head for another role altogether. I asked him why he looked so much like my archetype, as I tended to disbelieve his existence or, at least his form as being merely something taken from my own head. He smiled, as he does, and replied that how could I be sure that he was taken from the image in my head and not that the image in my head was taken from him. That is the way of him. He named himself to me as Marc and, when I left he reassured me that we would be spending much time together and he would always be found in his cabin by the pool, although we would travel the surrounding countryside together during our studies.

Whether he could read my mind or not I am still unsure but the last thing he said to me was that I should judge less those I am to share my studies with that my own worth in undertaking them in the presence of my fellows who might well prove more apt, and certainly more humble than I. At first his words stung but I smiled as I returned, well until I found out who they are to be.

Perhaps he is right and I should be less judgemental until they arrive. I hear that the first of them will be arriving in the city tomorrow and I will wait in hope. It better not be Jake because I have it on good authority that he snores really badly. He'll be sadly mistaken if he is going to room anywhere near me. I have taken a room in the tower just in case. There are four beds in my dormitory and I am hoping for someone hot.... or maybe not... I have enough distractions as it is.

(side note. Believe me or believe me not, I am actually trained as a druid. Much of the training goes on through spirit quests and inner journeys. We create a inner landscape where we learn, experience, and meet our guides and guardians. The place I described is my 'safe' place where my quests start and end. Marc is more than a guide; more than a friend but the most irritating inner voice I have ever had. I have a feeling I will have a lot more to tell about him)

• Like 5

Torlisen - Second of the nine great capitals of the Empire - 3,925 leagues from the Imperial Rainbow City

Steven laughed heartily at his old friends words as he leaned back into his comfortable chair. He looked out through the intricately cut glass window at the view. The wondrously huge port of Torlisen spread out far below, one of the worlds busiest.

"My dear old chap you are far too old for this nonsense wot!" said Alfred who spluttered on his warmed port before continuing.

"Are you telling me you wish to have yourself tested for magical aptitude?" said Alfred, his voice rising an octave with every word.

Steven chuckled a little himself. Listening to it the way Alfred put it did make things sound rather ridiculous but there was the rub. For thirty six years Steven had done right by his toffee-nosed trader family. He had worked as a collator on the busy market floors of Torlisen just as his forefathers had; ensuring the vital flow of trade was carried along as smoothly as possible.

Every 12 years the Rainbow Mages would travel to every major city and along the Imperial Highways seeking out the magical from among the maudlin. And every 12 years Steven felt the urge to be tested but he never had. Duty, family, honor, fear. These things.., these important things always stood before him, hovering over him like the blackest crows of the rainbowless void.

"I'm sure there will be older people than I wanting to be tested Freddy." said Steven lightly but firmly.

"Oh I am sure too dear Steve but which of them will be giving up an inheritance quite as wonderful as yours?" chortled Alfred as he lit up one of his favorite violetweed brand cigars.

"You know you would be disinherited..."

Steven nodded in acknowledgement but he was unperturbed.

"A Queen Empress once gave up her marriage to the most powerful person in the world to follow the rainbow dream dear Alfred.., in case you forget."

"Wot ho - and look what happened to her my dear chap!" wheezed Alfred partially obscured from Steven's view by copious clouds of bluish grey smoke.

"I don't think I will be at work tomorrow Alfred. I am going to the Rainbow Embassy in the morning and I will give my credentials and declare my intent to the clerics and when the mages arrive on the first Winter tide, I will be waiting."

"Well see here old chum I really don't understand this but I do respect you." replied Alfred who for the first time felt a little queasy about the seriousness of his friends thinking.

Steven just smiled. He had spent the last thirty odd years magnifying his family's fortune to the point where they now rivaled the royal house of Torlisen itself. He was known throughout the West as Steven the Lucky but in truth he was far from lucky. His ability with numbers and trend-reading was legendary but only Steven knew the truth.

He was an alto-focuser and his ability to compel and control other peoples thoughts frightened him. He remembered that day four years ago when the High Prince Leo had visited the Trader Hall. As expected the prince was attended by a great retinue of nobles, assistants and the ever present guards. Prince Leo was himself a Rainbow graduate specializing in the fearsome power of psycho-kinesis but for some reason Steven did not fear the dashing young prince.

Standing near the rear were three royal rainbow mages. Observant, unobtrusive yet all-seeing. Steven had always made sure to avoid having to go to the palace on important occasions because the mages were there. Luckily his father was usually the one invited to any royal events which helped Steven. But on this day he would not be escaping the purview of the powerful magickers.

The visit was over. Steven had been presented before the heir to the Lion Throne without incident and he breathed a sigh of relief as the last of the 12 carriages rumbled out of sight up the Financierstrade.

"Please sir, I've a note for ya!" said Urchin, who was one of the trade runner boys.

"Errr thank you young man." Steve flicked the boy a rainbow chip before opening the heavily embossed royal rainbow card with shaking hands.

Hello Steven the Lucky,

His royal highness really thinks that you should be tested when the next intake occurs. We are wont to agree.

Sincerely Hanseko

Grand Master Mage-Intuitive

The Rainbow Mission in Torlisen

Steven's luck had finally run out.

Dear Readers,

I am so grateful to everyone who is reading the thread and also to those who are writing for this project. It is just wonderful, thank you! Thank you for all the lovely messages and comments too!

The Magic Academy Project is a Role Play opportunity for lovers of all things fantasy fiction. I am rolling out a fantasy world that will provide a rich backdrop to the exciting stories, discussions, opinions and ideas that bring life and dynamism to this effort.

So if you want to write into the storyline please do not hesitate to message me. Likewise if you have suggestions, discussion material, opinions or ideas go straight ahead and post them directly to the thread!

Be sure to keep up with the stories so that you can stay in touch with the mystical rainbow world, its inhabitants and the story as it unfolds.

Thank you in advance and enjoy the project!

Love from Joeypuppy

Convener of Rainbow Initiates~

Dear Initiates,

You have become members of various Mystical Rainbow Orders. Below is a list explaining the various orders also known as 'Houses' In time you will learn even more about each order and its functions. Please do not hesitate to ask your questions via magical post either in private or using this medium.

Love from Joeypuppy~

Convener of Rainbow Initiates~

The Great Rainbow Houses

1 - Generation (Offensive/Defensive)

- The ability to create and realize illusions

- Traditionally enjoys the favor of the King-Emperor.

- Perhaps the most politically powerful and wealthiest house

- Low membership numbers

- Is the oldest house

2 - Telepathy (Neutral)

- The perfection of communication over distance

- This order is officially neutral

- Enjoys good relations with all other houses

- Telepathic services are the most requested magical service

- Possesses vast wealth

3 - Psycho Kinesis (Offensive)

- The ability to move and/or alter a form

- The most physically manifest of the Rainbow Orders

- More than 98% of adepts are male yet membership numbers are less than 60

- Adepts are highly prized in the military and the guilds

- Fiercely independent

4 - Regeneration (Offensive/Defensive)

- The process of restoring function and order to an organic form

- The youngest of the major houses

- Low membership numbers

- Allied to the Order of Generation

- Closely related to the Healing Arts

5 - Clairvoyancy (Defensive)

- Can sense and understand signals and vibrations on the psychic plane

- Her Most Imperial Majesty, Queen-Empress Deonis is patron and a member

- Are employed across the broadest range of industries, vocations and tasks

- Most adepts are female, largest house membership

- Affiliated to the Orders of Telepathy, Premonition and Intuition

6 - Compulsion (Offensive)

- Management of the mental decision making synapse and nervous system

- Highly unpopular order with the general public

- Most politically aggressive order

- Key instigator of the recent Riots of the Green and the White

- Placed under royal administration after the riots

7 - Tele-kinesis (Offensive/Defensive)

- The ability to move but not alter a form

- The use of short range telepathy

- The result of a controversial coalition of the Psycho-Kinetic and Telepathic orders

- Closely allied to the Psycho Kinetic and Telepathic great houses

- Very low membership

8 - Altofocus (Offensive/Defensive)

- Aka Metafocus is the ability to amplify or minimize intensities

- One of the newer 'scientific' disciplines

- Related to the Cause discipline of De-amplification which negates magic

- Is tipped to someday become one of the great houses

- Adept numbers are growing quickly

9 - Premonition (Neutral)

- The mystical power of viewing the future

- Only the Order of Generation predates the House of Premonition in age

- Known as the House of Spirit this is the most unpredictable discipline

- Was once one of the most powerful Orders

- Has been in decline for nearly 2 millenia - foretold its own demise

10 - Instinct (Neutral)

- The most direct link between sensory perception and immediate physical reaction

- Said by some to be a short range more accurate yet physical form of premonition

- Said by others to be a physical version of Intuition

- Ability to mind-link with animals is an intriguing aspect of this newer discipline

- Enjoys a close affiliation with the Intuitive and Premonitive codes

11 - Intuition (Neutral)

- The concept of discerning a truth or reality from non-truth or reality

- The twin ability to Instinct known as the truthseeker house

- Master Intuitives are in high demand among the royal courts, judiciary and guilds

- Adepts are often assasinated

- An upwardly trending house

12 - Precognition (Neutral)

- The Seers of death, disorder and decay

- The third oldest of all orders, sometimes cooperates with the Regeneration Order

- Was once a major house - membership is now just 12

- Tradition teaches that 'To see a 'Deathcaster' is to be cursed' - most feared house

- The Imperial High Princess Karalise is rumored to be a high ranking member

13 - Psi-focus (Defensive)

- The magic of seeing events currently occurring out of the range of normal vision

- Valuable for viewing far off events

- Fast rising and highly sought after house by royalty, governments, military and guilds

- The house enjoys great unity of purpose and membership satisfaction

- Medium sized total membership

Question 1 = What is your favorite season? Spring.

Question 2 = Which of these do you prefer? Lightning Storm.

Question 3 - Do you like Castles or Quests? Quests.

Question 4 - Do you prefer Chariot or Ship? Ship.

Question 5 = Which do you prize more? Firemaking. (Fire can provide light, heat and defense, light alone is just light)

Question 6 = What sounds better, the deception of the hand or the fleetness of the foot? Fleetness of the foot.

Question 7 = Pick one - Charisma, Dexterity, Constitution, Luck or Intelligence. Intelligence.

Question 8 = Which is more important? - Knowing your enemies or Knowing your friends? Knowing your enemies. (Being able to predict what they're going to do would be a valuable ability--you don't need to know all details about your friends if you really trust them)

Question 9 = Which do you prefer - The vast and mysterious Amazon or the ancient and knowing Nile? The ancient and knowing Nile.

Question 10 = Which of the following is more accurate - The hand deceives the eye -or- Wisdom is correct knowledge correctly applied? Wisdom is correct knowledge correctly applied.

Question 11 = Would you rather die young and glorious or old and experienced? Old and experienced.

Question 12 = Which attracts you more? - A great imperial capital city of murder, intrigue and fortune or a cozy warm cottage deep in a far off forest glade? A cozy warm cottage deep in a far off forest glade.

The City of the Innarcht - Third of the nine great capitals of the Empire - 6,143 leagues from the Imperial Rainbow City

Taigh pulled his great cloak closer about him as walked through the cold and empty streets of the embassy quarter. This area was brightly lit, safe and well kept but it still felt eerie because most of the buildings here sat behind strong walls and stout gates. Taigh was on his way to the Rainbow Embassy. He didn't hurry, he didn't need to because the Rainbow Embassy was going to be open for the next 12 days and nights without closing. Just like in every city the Rainbow Embassy was free of gates and walls. Only a fool would ever think to attack a Rainbow holding.., unless you were in the City of the Innarcht.

The whole city was a-buzz with the knowledge that the rainbow mage recruiters were visiting. The Innarcht had made it clear that eventhough he would not harm them, he held a dim view of anyone who planned to visit the Rainbow Embassy. He also made it crystal clear that people who might possess magical ability were not welcome in the Cause lands and should have left long ago. The way of the rainbow was anathema here and the use of magic was illegal. Six years earlier His Holiness Innarct Alen Wodjieczski, First Seeker after The Cause had formally banished all mages from the Cause Territories - a decision that had caused outrage throughout the rest of the empire.

The only refuge mages could still find here was within the confines of the Rainbow Embassy itself. Many mages had sought the protection of the embassy in the years since the great declaration against magic had been made and the embassy had secured their safe exit from the Cause Territories. The Innarcht had been incandescent when the King Emperor intervened and forbade the closing of the local Rainbow Embassy. The Innarcht was one of the most powerful rulers in the world. Many people looked to the Innarcht as their spiritual leader. Adherents of the Innarcht were known as 'The Seekers after the Cause'. The vast majority of them rejected magic and the use of magic for any reason.

Tensions between the Cause and the Magical Orders had been rising slowly but surely for centuries and as the Cause grew in influence their opposition to magic strengthened. The Cause believed that there was a great imbalance of power between the common people and the guilds and nobility and Taigh had to admit that maybe this was true. The Cause rejected the idea that only the 'blood magical' should rule. They believed in elections and what they called 'democracy'. Taigh was torn because he believed in many of the same ideals. But he could not deny who he was deep inside. Taigh was a magic user.., Taigh was a child of the condemned.

The Cause Territories were powerful and played a key role in the balance of the empire. Many millions lived here and the highly developed, highly militarized state provided massive industrial thrust to the imperial machine. Her deep mines and monstrous communal farms helped to maintain the mighty imperial economy. But overshadowing everything was the fact that the Cause Territories were anti-magic. This was also one of the few places that was not ruled by a royal house. The Cause Territories were governed by the Innarcht and his 'College of Capitols', all duly elected by the registered followers of the Cause.

Rainbow tradition taught that first there was Aderixo and his beloved Erixoia and they existed alone within the inner-rainbow-verse needing no other. The inner-rainbow-verse existed within a void. Then one day the two lovers quarreled and Erixoia left their home. The outer-rainbow-verse was created by Erixoia as she fled in concentric form ever outwards into the void and away from her angry male companion Aderixo. As she traveled she created all the rainbow-worlds the first of which was Taigh's own home world.

Aderixo then created for himself a new beloved whom he called Isolorn. Isolorn was male and all rainbow magic is said to have stemmed from this union. Legend says that one day Aderixo caused Isolorn to fall into a deep slumber and then he left the inner-rainbow-verse to seek after his former beloved Erixoia - reason unknown. The truth of all this is now simply conjecture and very subjective but it is the oldest tale that exists in the world.

The ruling Rainbow Dynasty are said to be the direct descendants of Aderixo and Isolorn. The truth of this is also lost in the depths of time. The followers of the Cause claim Erixoia as their mother. The empire was founded by Kemaw the Mage-King and first emperor over twelve thousand years ago. Four thousand years after that came the Cause which at the time was just a small order of the rainbow devoted to searching for the original Mother of all - Erixoia. Somehow in the millennia since they had evolved into the powerful anti rainbow magic movement of today.

Taigh was sick to death of hiding his true self from everyone. He was sick of the rumors and whispers being spread about him. Taigh was going to do something that he should have done over a decade ago but he had been in love and his powers were just a distraction back then. Why oh why did he have to be born into this magic-forsaken land?

Taigh was glad that the Emperor had refused the Innarcht's demands for the removal of the Rainbow Embassy from the city. But he had no doubt that somehow the 'Seekers of Erixoia' would keep trying until the final remaining magickers were expelled from the Territories or even worse, enslaved by the spikers. Death was preferable. Sooner or later there would be a reckoning between the King Emperor and the Innarcht. Taigh knew that when it happened it would be a horror to behold. Taigh had heard about the terrifying holospikes the Cause scientists had invented. Once a holospike was inserted into the ear of a magic user, they became the pawns of the Cause. The spikes could not be removed without causing death. The Cause were somehow able use these captives to act as 'Anti-mages' who could neutralize the ability of any nearby magic-workers to access the rainbow. The writing was on the wall for Taigh, it was time to get out of here.

The Embassy was large and expansive yet still very delicate, made of fluted white marble. It looked out of place here in this city of hulking stormstone structures. Taigh looked out over the city of his birth. Except for the mint patina dome of the massive Citadel of the Cause, the city's most prominent buildings were blocky, dense and dark. A long tiled porchway spread across the front of the embassy. Its summery appearance provided a strong juxtaposition to the dour and cold street of walls and gates outside. Taigh shivered and breathed a sigh of relief.

He climbed the 13 steps and once he reached the top he bowed reverently before the rainbow lighted unity fountain. Rainbow fountains could be found near every rainbow mission in the world - a symbol of the special favor and protection of the King Emperor. To Taigh it felt like he was coming home. He could not help but notice the tall Knights Iridescent one on each side of the main door. Their pristine white armor gleamed with rainbow light. Just one of these knights was said to be the equal of ten fighting men. Something made Taigh hope that there were more of the knights inside. Something made Taigh hope he was as far away as possible should the services of the knights iridescent be required.

"I beg the sanctuary of the Rainbow Mission!" he called.

"Ho there!" said the knight to the left.

"Seek you refuge why?"

"Because I wish to be tested for the presence of magic."

"Enter ye in then." said the other knight.

And he did.

I guess I'll try my hand at this...

Question 1 = What is your favorite season? Autumn

Question 2 = Which of these do you prefer - Lightning Storm

Question 3 - Do you like Castles or Quests? To find the Holy Grail, I mean, Quests

Question 5 = Which do you prize more? - Lightmaking

Question 6 = What sounds better, the deception of the hand or the fleetness of the foot? Deception of the hand

Question 7 = Pick one - Charisma, Dexterity, Constitution, Luck or Intelligence- Dexterity

Question 8 = Which is more important? - Knowing your enemies or Knowing your friends? Knowing my friends

Question 9 = Which do you prefer - The vast and mysterious Amazon or the ancient and knowing Nile? The ancient and knowing Nile

Question 10 = Which of the following is more accurate - The hand deceives the eye -or- Wisdom is correct knowledge correctly applied? The Hand deceives the eye

Question 11 = Would you rather die young and glorious or old and experienced? Young and glorious

Question 12 = Which attracts you more? - A great imperial capital city of murder, intrigue and fortune or a cozy warm cottage deep in a far off forest glade? A great imperial capital city of muddier, intrigue, and fortune!

(hope this is correct!)

Haji directed his horse out of the flow of traffic leading into the Rainbow City. He sat there, staring up at the city before him, thinking back on the cascade of actions which resulted in his arrival here.

He was a soldier; that was all he knew. His father had been a soldier, as had his father's father, his father's brother, and all his father's sons. His path had been known all his life and he'd accepted it; but upon his enlistment, he'd been selected for the cavalry and later the officer corps. He'd been a captain less than a year when his life took another abrupt turn.

Haji was from the City-State of Arian, far from the lands of the Rainbow Dynasty. A neighboring kingdom had its eye on Arian and Haji had been sent as an ambassador -- a spy -- upon the announcement of a new king-selection tournament. In the midst of the festivities, Haji had helped uncover and foil a coup attempt and in the process ended up ... other than what he'd been.

It wasn't that he no longer felt safe around normal people -- rather, people were not safe around him. Taking only his gelding Mortimer, Haji had left all that he knew in order to seek answers to his condition.

Now, here he was, with a letter in his saddlebags inviting him within, to join the ranks of the Rainbow Mages. The mages he'd met had seemed both excited and distressed over Haji and he wasn't sure what sort of reception to expect, but he was tired of traveling. Hopefully, these people would know how to stop the visions in his head and find a solution for all the other strange things that had been plaguing him.

Mortimer tossed his head and stamped his right foot, the one with the white stocking. His tail stung Haji's leg when he swished the overgrown strands. Mortimer was no ordinary horse; he was a war-horse, bred for intelligence and stamina. The incessant wandering taxed the gelding's patience.

Smiling a little, Haji patted Mortimer's neck and squeezed with his knees to guide Mortimer back into traffic. They were both travel-stained and weary and would perk up some after a bath, some hot food, and undisturbed sleep.

• Like 3

The Imperial Rainbow City - City without Equal, Capital of the Empire, Center of the World.

"Master, the subject approaches the Crimson Gate." said the mage to his master.

The mage was using his formidable psi-focus powers to monitor the entry of the non descript young man. Using his additional generative powers he was able to create a magical holo-image of the young man's progress.

The holo-image floated in the air depicting a tired yet somehow still alert man as he studied the impossibly high walls of the Northern entrance to the capital. More commonly known as the Crimson Gate, this was where several important highways converged before entering the city.

The young Arianite man had arrived via the Ruby Road. He would have passed through several cities on his way, some of them major. He would have ridden by hillsides of vineyards, olive groves and coleberry trees. And then for the final 20 leagues he would have traveled through the seething 'Harrows', the unofficial city before the city proper.

The Harrows was an unmapped, unmappable horrible smelling mishmash of Inns, forges, whorehouses, shanties and shacks that greeted all comers before they reached the Crimson Gate. It was said that great fortunes had been made there, if one was lucky or clever or ruthless enough. At any given time hundreds of thousands of souls were attempting to to do just that. Of course the opposite was equally true, probably truer.

A shiver surged up the mage's spine when the person behind the veil spoke.

"And you say this one was a soldier and a man of Arian? I know nothing of Arian." said the eldest child of the King Emperor.

The mage was glad it wasn't him but his master who had to answer to the princess. His master bowed so deeply the young mage thought he might topple over.

"If it pleases your Imperial Highness, his family are noted warriors in his homeland. He fought with distinction against the giants of Ekki at the battle of Aolain Lowland. Arian is a small but generally prosperous state on the other side of the Kreshan desert. It is south from the Commonwealth of Majonica."

"Hmmm... I have heard of the battle you mention." said the cultured, chillingly cold voice.

"How it must have disturbed him to be in the presence of so much death, and yet have the power of precognition."

The mage-master knew better than to answer and the younger mage kept his head down.

The mage was young but even so his knees were sore. The honor of serving one of the greatest of the exalted even if for no more than a few minutes would secure him a career most mages could only dream of. He would be able to add this appointment to his curriculum vitae and then sit back and watch the job requests pour in. But still, it was not easy to work magic in the presence of such a frightening personage especially when he was on his hands and knees. Still he did not dare look in the direction of the Imperial Princess Royal veil or no veil.

"Tell me Master Esperlan.., do you think this man would be suitable for my purposes?"

If it was possible the master mage bowed even lower.

"Imperial Highness, you have been conducting this project for over a century now, and this man is the only one in many generations who is suitable. The last one of his vintage was 240 years before my time."

"Yessss... I remember that one." said the silvery voice speculatively.

"A man of action, a soldier, a hero and perhaps capable of sharing the deathcaster gene - and that is rare enough considering I am the only other who can. There are altogether only 12 of us within the empire, he would make 13. And of that 13 he and I are potentially able to create children who possess the precognitive gift."

Her laughter was accented with the most musical notes the mage had ever heard. The young mage was mortified that he had become aroused at the sound.

"You have become excited child but there is no shame." said the bemused feminine voice.

For a few excruciating moments the room was filled with an almost overwhelming silence.

"It is I not you who ought to be ashamed young mage. Shameful is she who plots to take this man, this soldier to her bed and thus save the future of an order - whether he likes it or not."

Her voice had gone from bemused and self mocking to metallic, almost inhuman. Were the exalted even human? Neither the mage nor his master responded. In fact they had instinctively assumed a prostrate position on the golden tiled floor. The Imperial Princess Royal was no longer sitting on her auric chair but was now pacing from behind her veiled partition. Commoners were not permitted to view the exalted.

But his holo-vision held firm, continuing to provide a crystal clear depiction of an unwitting young soldier and deathcaster as he rode his oversized horse out from the Harrows into something even more harrowing.

Question 1 = What is your favorite season? - Winter

Question 2 = Which of these do you prefer - sunami

Question 3 - Do you like Castles or Quests? - Castles

Question 4 - Do you prefer Chariot or Ship? - Ship

Question 5 = Which do you prize more? - firemaking

Question 6 = What sounds better, the deception of the hand or the fleetness of the foot? - fleetness of the foot

Question 7 = Pick one - Charisma, Dexterity, Constitution, Luck or Intelligence - Intelligence

Question 8 = Which is more important? - Knowing your enemies or Knowing your friends? - Knowing your friends

Question 9 = Which do you prefer - The vast and mysterious Amazon or the ancient and knowing Nile? - the Ancient and Knowing Nile

knowledge correctly applied? - Wisdom is correct knowledge correctly applied

Question 11 = Would you rather die young and glorious or old and experienced? - young and glorious

cozy warm cottage deep in a far off forest glade? - cozy warm cottage deep in a far off forest glade

Question 1 = What is your favorite season? Autumn

Question 2 = Which of these do you prefer - Lightning Storm

Question 3 - Do you like Castles or Quests? Castles

Question 5 = Which do you prize more? - Firemaking

Question 6 = What sounds better, the deception of the hand or the fleetness of the foot? Deception of the hand

Question 7 = Pick one - Intelligence

Question 8 = Which is more important? - Knowing your friends

Question 9 = Which do you prefer - Ancient and knowing Nile

Question 10 = Which of the following is more accurate - Wisdom is correct knowledge correctly applied

Question 11 = Would you rather die young and glorious or old and experienced? Old and experienced

Question 12 = Which attracts you more? - A great imperial capital city of murder, intrigue and fortune

Finally, the guards at the gate passed Haji through into the city proper. Traffic was much less dense inside, the streets cleaner, and the buildings looked both older and better kept. Haji had never seen so many people as had crowded around him for the last few leagues, and he was tense in places he didn't know could be tense. There were so many people that in places Mortimer had to physically push them aside in order to progress up the street.

The thousands of unfamiliar languages and accents were exhausting. He'd learned much during his travels, but he'd been traveling so long! A bed ... his fortune for a bed with an actual mattress. It would also be nice to not have to sleep with one eye open. At least in his current state he hadn't been a target for thieves, except for Mortimer, and the gelding could take care of himself.

As if hearing his thoughts, Mortimer flicked one ear back and shook his head before blowing air out his nose. His mane was quite overgrown now.

Haji patted his horse's neck and squeezed lightly with his heels, directing the horse further into the city proper. Here, the streets were clean and tidy, and folks looked at him askance, making Haji even more aware of his haggard appearance. There was plenty to see in the magnificent structures if he wasn't too tired to appreciate them. Haji kept his attention on the shimmering, rainbow spire: his destination. The mages there were his last hope.

The main entrance was rather intimidating even standing amongst all the other structures, but Arian was a simple place in comparison. No one would ever believe him were he to write home about everything he'd seen.

Taking a deep breath, Haji dismounted, straightening again with a groan and massage of his lower back. Lips nibbled Haji's elbow and he smiled as he patted his horse. There was no need for guidance on the reins; Mortimer followed Haji more obediently than even the best hunting dogs. He, too, was eager for a good meal and rest.

They bypassed the main entrance for the stables where Haji reluctantly left Mortimer in the hands of some stable boys. They'd stared at Mortimer with wide eyes and Haji knew that the horse had been amused. He'd had that mischievous gleam to his eyes. Fatigue was his only restraint.

With his saddlebags thrown over his shoulder, Haji walked toward the entrance. Word of his arrival had apparently preceded him, for there was a robed man waiting, his eyes focused solely on Haji.

• Like 3