I am one of those writers who enjoys a challenge. Whether it is a new world to create, a love story, a mystery, or just breathing new life into an old tale. This story came about when I actually asked in the chat room about what fairy tale I should take on and recreate. I'd already done Snow White for a prompt by Lugh, and also taken a twisted take on Sleeping Beauty for a prompt I had created. Elezbed suggested I take a look at Little Red Riding Hood. So I now had the bare bones for my work.

Welcome to the world that Dama and her family lives in. In the dark future the world is no longer controlled by humanity. The creatures that were once thought of as imaginary are proven to be real. In fact, not only are they real they now rule the world and are not sweet and kind about it. This world is dark and there are elements of it every child is never told of until after they have become an adult.

Vampires, Werewolves, and Elves control the world. What they command will happen without question. To disobey is a death sentence. Here children had better listen to their parents for if they don't they will end up dead or worse.

Chapter one is now up in this four chapter story. If you have any comments or questions feel free to post them here or on the story pages. Thank you.

Hmmm. Over the river and through the woods, the big bad wolf is the villian in the original tale.

I'm guessing the wolf is the antagonist in your tale too! But does he want to eat or seduce the sweet

young man in the red cloak!

• Like 1

Well the original tale had Red, a wolf, a path, a basket of goodies, and Grandma's house. Let me say I use them all just not the same way it was done in the original tale. Stay with me Daddydavek, I hope to make it worth your time. :)

Originally I had planned to post these one a week. I have been a bit bored and wanted comments so I know how people are enjoying it or not so posted two chapters this week. I'll probably finish it off tomorrow. Hope everyone has enjoyed it. If not let me know where I missed the boat.

And do you unwrap your Christmas gifts early too? :lol:

So much for I'll post once a week, fast forward to I posted everything this week...Uhmmm not complaining cause I know that I didn't want to wait! You're funny. Glad that you posted early. It's a really good story.

Actually I don't open my gifts to the day of. Large part of this was just being off. Working on finishing the on going, and two new pieces. I needed to get something out of the way. :lol: But when it comes to gifts I drive people nuts cause they can sit there for weeks till the date arrives before I finally open them. I like to have surprises on things like my birthday and Christmas.

Well I am glad you are enjoying it. I've taken a few different tales like I have said and put my spin on them. It is just that this one sort of kept growing and got to be a lot longer than any other I have done.