JAGGED EDGES

Clayton Mills pulled his pillow over his head as his arm reached out searching for the button that would silence the insistent beeping of his alarm clock. As the room filled with blissful silence, Clayton removed the pillow and rolled over. His eyes flew open as his extended arm came into contact with warm flesh. Clayton jerked his head around, his stomach instantly churning at the sudden movement, and stared unbelievingly at the bare chest on display.

“What the hell!” Clayton bellowed as he sat up while trying to blink the fogginess from his eyes. As his vision finally started to focus he took in the body sprawled next to him on the king sized bed. His gaze moved from where the sheets were bunched up around the man’s hips, lingering momentarily on his nipples, before moving up on the neck and past the lips until found himself gazing into a pair of azure eyes. “You have got to be kidding me,” Clayton muttered under his breath as those eyes unflinchingly met his gaze.

Clayton managed to slide his legs over the side of the bed and stagger to his feet despite the jackhammer that seemed to be hammering away in his head. Unsteadily making his way from the bed to the bathroom, he tried to recall the events from the night before and came up blank. Not wanting to increase the headache that was a part of the massive hangover, Clayton left the light off as he relieved himself.

“Son of a bitch,” Clayton swore as he turned to head out of the bathroom only to nail his shin on the edge of his Jacuzzi tub. Limping his way back into the bedroom he was relieved to see the man now sitting on the edge of the bed and was in the process of tying his shoes. Clayton made a point of ignoring him as he eased back onto the bed and rolled over. He tried to feign sleep as he waited for whoever the man was to get the hell out of his house. Clay flinched when a hand landed on his shoulder. He felt a light pressure and fought the hand trying to turn him over, managing to dislodge the offending appendage without ever having to look at the man he didn’t remember.

“Can you give me a lift back to the club?” the man asked cautiously.

“You got here on your own, you can damn well get back on your own. Call a taxi,” Clayton growled as he pulled a pillow over his head, cursing himself for letting someone stay the night. No matter how much he wracked his brain he couldn’t recall anything that had transpired the night before. He knew himself well enough to know that there was no way in hell he would have allowed someone to stay the night. He hadn’t allowed anyone to warm his bed until morning in over a year and he couldn’t think of any reason why that would have changed over the course of one night.

Un-Named

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Chad Waters exclaimed as he stared open mouthed at his superiors. “No way, absolutely no way in hell!”

“It’s the only way Waters, we have to infiltrate them while we can. You’ve already done the legwork, now we can take care of the rest.”

“Do you have any fucking idea how cruel this is?”

“There’s no way around it, and you’d do good to remember your place when you address me,” his superior told him.

“There are plenty of other ways around this and you damn well know it,” Chad seethed.

“Waters! You’ll watch your tone immediately!”

“No sir, I won’t. I don’t give a shit what you want, I am going to explain,” Chad retorted.

“No, you’re not,” the man answered before picking up the phone on his desk and making a phone call.

Chad tried to listen but his superior talked in hushed tones and tossed occasional glances his way. Despite his short nails, Chad could feel them digging into his palms as he clenched both hands in fists. This was absolutely ridiculous and there was absolutely no reason for it. He struggled to regain control of his emotions as he waited impatiently. It was no use, what they were proposing was utterly cruel and undeserved. Chad’s thoughts were interrupted by the door to the office opening. He shouldn’t have been surprised to see the two big men in suits walk in. Their jackets hid it well, but Chad had no doubt that both of them were packing and knew that this couldn’t be good.

“It’s for the best,” his superior told him before turning his attention to the two goons. “Get him out of here,” the man ordered.

“This is bullshit sir, and you know it,” Chad shot at the man as one of the two goons grabbed his arm and began to pull him from the room. He struggled out of the grip before straightening his own jacket and following the two men out.

The man he’d been arguing with watched him go before turning his attention to other matters. It didn’t matter what Chad said or did, come tomorrow, Chad Waters would be dead.

Jordan's Story (Not the Title)

Jordan’s clothes were soaked from the torrential downpour that had fallen over the city, but he didn’t care, in reality he barely noticed. Time held no meaning for him as he trudged down the rain soaked sidewalk, his tennis shoes making sucking sounds every time his foot came into contact with the pavement. The weather forecast he watched every morning had said it was supposed to be a clear night, but it seemed to Jordan that nothing was as it was supposed to be.

If it had been, he would have walked in on an entirely different scene when he’d decided to surprise his life partner by leaving work early. His mind barely registered the sound of a door slamming and a voice shouting his name, but he ignored them. He didn’t want to face Mitch right now; his emotions were still too raw.

“Jordan!” Mitch was running towards him, usually a sight that would lift his spirits, but tonight, it just made him feel worse.

He didn’t stop, simply brushed past Mitch on his way to nowhere. Just looking at Mitch had brought back the picture that would be forever engrained in his mind no matter how hard he tried to erase it. The sight of his partner energetically fucking some scrawny blonde had felt like a knife repeatedly stabbing him in the chest, searching for his heart.

He hadn’t been able to breathe, hadn’t been able to speak and in the end had turned around and walked out of the house. He vaguely remembered slamming the door behind him as he’d left, which must have been how Mitch had known he’d been home. He certainly hadn’t made any other noise, and even if he had, he doubted Mitch would have heard it over the groaning of the man he was screwing.

“Jordan, please, come home and we’ll talk about it. You’re going to end up sick if you don’t get out of this rain.”

Jordan’s mind snapped and he whirled on Mitch, backtracking the few feet until he towered over his former life partner. Every muscle tensed with anger, luckily for him the object of his anger was standing in front of him, looking at him imploringly.

“Nice one Mitch, you actually sound like you give a damn, too bad for you that I know better. Why the fuck did you even bother to come after me?” Jordan watched Mitch flinch away from him and had to force himself not to back down. He had never used his size to intimidate, but a part of him wanted Mitch to feel the hurt and uncertainty that had plagued him ever since walking in on Mitch fucking the other guy. In their bed no less.

“Just give me a chance to explain.” Tears were coursing down Mitch’s face but the sight didn’t move Jordan. Mitch didn’t cry, and if he was, it was just because he’d got caught. Hell, it was probably just the rain running off his hair and trickling down his face.

“What is there to explain? You’re the one who just threw seven years down the toilet, and all so that you could get your rocks off. How many other guys have you fucked since we’ve been together?” Jordan stamped down the pain, focusing only on the anger as he faced down the smaller man. “Seven fucking years Mitch, and apparently they didn’t mean shit to you.” Jordan had been watching Mitch’s face intently, otherwise he probably would have missing the way that Mitch’s face lost all color as soon as he asked how many. Jordan shook his head in digust as realization dawned, this wasn’t the first time, it was just the only time he’d been caught.

• Like 1

Jordan's Story (Not the Title)

Jordan’s clothes were soaked from the torrential downpour that had fallen over the city, but he didn’t care, in reality he barely noticed. Time held no meaning for him as he trudged down the rain soaked sidewalk, his tennis shoes making sucking sounds every time his foot came into contact with the pavement. The weather forecast he watched every morning had said it was supposed to be a clear night, but it seemed to Jordan that nothing was as it was supposed to be.

If it had been, he would have walked in on an entirely different scene when he’d decided to surprise his life partner by leaving work early. His mind barely registered the sound of a door slamming and a voice shouting his name, but he ignored them. He didn’t want to face Mitch right now; his emotions were still too raw.

“Jordan!” Mitch was running towards him, usually a sight that would lift his spirits, but tonight, it just made him feel worse.

He didn’t stop, simply brushed past Mitch on his way to nowhere. Just looking at Mitch had brought back the picture that would be forever engrained in his mind no matter how hard he tried to erase it. The sight of his partner energetically fucking some scrawny blonde had felt like a knife repeatedly stabbing him in the chest, searching for his heart.

He hadn’t been able to breathe, hadn’t been able to speak and in the end had turned around and walked out of the house. He vaguely remembered slamming the door behind him as he’d left, which must have been how Mitch had known he’d been home. He certainly hadn’t made any other noise, and even if he had, he doubted Mitch would have heard it over the groaning of the man he was screwing.

“Jordan, please, come home and we’ll talk about it. You’re going to end up sick if you don’t get out of this rain.”

Jordan’s mind snapped and he whirled on Mitch, backtracking the few feet until he towered over his former life partner. Every muscle tensed with anger, luckily for him the object of his anger was standing in front of him, looking at him imploringly.

“Nice one Mitch, you actually sound like you give a damn, too bad for you that I know better. Why the fuck did you even bother to come after me?” Jordan watched Mitch flinch away from him and had to force himself not to back down. He had never used his size to intimidate, but a part of him wanted Mitch to feel the hurt and uncertainty that had plagued him ever since walking in on Mitch fucking the other guy. In their bed no less.

“Just give me a chance to explain.” Tears were coursing down Mitch’s face but the sight didn’t move Jordan. Mitch didn’t cry, and if he was, it was just because he’d got caught. Hell, it was probably just the rain running off his hair and trickling down his face.

“What is there to explain? You’re the one who just threw seven years down the toilet, and all so that you could get your rocks off. How many other guys have you fucked since we’ve been together?” Jordan stamped down the pain, focusing only on the anger as he faced down the smaller man. “Seven fucking years Mitch, and apparently they didn’t mean shit to you.” Jordan had been watching Mitch’s face intently, otherwise he probably would have missing the way that Mitch’s face lost all color as soon as he asked how many. Jordan shook his head in digust as realization dawned, this wasn’t the first time, it was just the only time he’d been caught.

*preps hacking tools*

i sooo wanna read this one!

what time do you leave home without the lappy? :P

In order of your sneak peeks.

Jagged Edges - So want to smack Clayton across the head right now. I don't care how bad you feel, you have some stranger in your bed and you should at least be man enough to find out what the hell happened. (Needless to say, I want more)

Chad Waters - Dead man walking. Poor guy doesn't even have a chance. Finishes his report and is due to be wiped out by dawn. Now, that is one worth waiting for.

Jordan - Seven years with a cheating bastard who had the nerve to bring home someone to screw in their bed. (Been there, had it happen, wanted him dead.) Strikes a bit close to home and wonder what Jordan will chose to do about it.

Posting begins when?

ouch! Posted Image that's painful!

pity the man who woke up in Clay's bed! Posted Image

soooooo... who is he? and when do I get to meet him? Posted Image huh? huh? huh huh?? Posted Image

Hey Frosty~

Yeah, it's gonna get interested, but you know I can't tell you all about him just yet! Don't worry, you'll learn more about him and Clayton soon! Thanks for checking out the Sneak Peeks!!!

I LOVE the tales you spin! but but.... WTF? :o

You know I sometimes like to do complicated!!!!

*preps hacking tools* i sooo wanna read this one! what time do you leave home without the lappy? :P

I think the better question here would be, when do I leave home without the external hard drive :P

In order of your sneak peeks. Jagged Edges - So want to smack Clayton across the head right now. I don't care how bad you feel, you have some stranger in your bed and you should at least be man enough to find out what the hell happened. (Needless to say, I want more) Chad Waters - Dead man walking. Poor guy doesn't even have a chance. Finishes his report and is due to be wiped out by dawn. Now, that is one worth waiting for. Jordan - Seven years with a cheating bastard who had the nerve to bring home someone to screw in their bed. (Been there, had it happen, wanted him dead.) Strikes a bit close to home and wonder what Jordan will chose to do about it. Posting begins when?

LOL... Why was I afraid that's how everyone would see Clayton??? Guess I'll have to try and change your mind on him.

As for Chad... can't comment much on that without completely giving the story away...

Jordan... Well, while I've never actually experienced what he is going through, I can only imagine it would be heart wrenching. I have revised what I have of that story about 4 times, so hopefully eventually it will be "right"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Posted Image .....Ouch, 7 years down the drain, please continue this story. It looks to be a good one.

Thanks for checking them out Benji! I posted the first chapter early this morning. I'm calling it Forging Trust! Hope you enjoy it!