[Adam Phillips] Crosscurrents, Chapter 32

• 2 weeks later...

After months of delay while I worked on my head, Posted Image I've posted Chapter 32 of Crosscurrents.

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/adam-phillips/crosscurrents

Andy's looking toward his future, and finally he has some undiluted happiness and some hope, and just a hint of trepidation.

Thanks for your patience. I'll get the remaining chapters of CC out much more quickly. It's my goal to be finished by the end of 2011.

Damn. We're now gotta be around 2001 now, right? "A Knight's Tale" was 2001. Man, poor Heath Ledger.

Anyway, the proposal scene was great. I liked Andy's mom's speech to him about getting married young...every once in awhile it can work out. I myself don't forsee settling down until at least my mid-30's, but more power to Andy and Angie for knowing what they want at 21.

What a delightfully unique group of characters we have coming together in this story and this chapter in particular. Matt's jealousy is quite understandable given the period they have gone though over the past couple of years. Then his confidence in their relationship is demonstrated in his understanding of Andy's and Trey''s relationship.

As always excellent character development and writing! It sure does things with my emotions. Thanks, Adam.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for your patience. I'll get the remaining chapters of CC out much more quickly. It's my goal to be finished by the end of 2011.

Adam,

Happy new year. I hope all is well with you. I know that sometimes your silence/absence from these boards means that things are not going so well in your real life. I hope that is not the case.

Is there a new goal for finishing CC in 2012? I'm not trying to be pushy. I'm just wondering what you think your timeframe looks like. I am excited to read the rest of the story.

All the best,

db

• 2 weeks later...

Adam,

Happy new year. I hope all is well with you. I know that sometimes your silence/absence from these boards means that things are not going so well in your real life. I hope that is not the case.

No, things are going fine. 2012 is going to be better than 2011 was. 2011 threw me for some loops. But I'm doing well. I wish I'd been able to finish CC by the end of 2011, but the Christmas season was hectic, and the issue that had been making me so crazy in 2011 got an airing the third week of December, and it took me a while to recover my equilibrium from that.

After that was Chrsitmas. Then my wife and I were on a ski trip to Colorado January 3-10. So the new year didn't really get started for me until the third week in January.

Is there a new goal for finishing CC in 2012? I'm not trying to be pushy. I'm just wondering what you think your timeframe looks like. I am excited to read the rest of the story.

I'm restless to have it finished. It's been so long in the making, and it's time to wrap it up. I want to do right by those remaining chapters, though. There are two plus an epilogue to go. All I can say at this point is that I hope to have it all finished by the end of the first quarter of 2012.

Thanks for the well-wishes.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Adam, Thanks for writting this wonderful love story.. Your ability to meld the various activities along with the poignant emotions and bring it all together is truly remarkable. I have to agree with other members views on Andy, makes me want to rip my hair out. For such a smart guy to not understand Matt's perspectives seems odd, but then we all have our demons to fight. Look forward to the finale and hope your 2012 continues well!