Comicfan - Alyea's Coat of a Thousand Skins

I was never happy with the original Coat of a Thousand Skins. Granted the original fairy tale was one of incest, forced marriage, promises to dead wives, and all that but I just didn't like how the story was told. I was however intrigued by the a girl trying to outwit her father and demanding gifts she thought couldn't be accomplished.

Then when I began to gather the fairy tales I have recreated, one of our members, Elisabeth, stated I didn't have any story where the girl got the girl. Okay, I'll be honest, I'm a guy and simply didn't think of it. However, I have enough friends from every walk of life that I should have. So I began to look for a story I could redo and introduce that idea. Hence the creation of Alyea.

Alyea is a princess who just doesn't want to get married. Her father is growing older and wants to see her married and heirs produced. When push comes to shove Alyea attempts to force her father into allowing her to chose who she marries and when. He works on getting her married now. Agreeing to a deal Alyea comes up with five tasks she feels will be impossible to complete. When things don't go as she planned, she runs from the life being forced on her.

Exactly what this means to her future is unknown. Read the tale and let me know what you think.