Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99 +10) Blissfully Ignorant

Blissfully Ignorant is up.

First off, I'd like to thank Benji and Emoe, who came up with that title independently after I'd mentioned I needed to change it from the old one, "Ignorance is Bliss". (I'd used that one before, long ago).

So, enjoy the chapter, and please let me know what you think. Posted Image

CJ: Thanks for Blissfully Ignorant. The chapter, stateside, is full of information about who did what; this back fills a lot of the story.

I can't imagine visiting an alligator farm much less one where all the animals are being disassembled for their stomach contents. I would have puked in the driveway on the way in.

Meanwhile our intrepid sailors are sailing the southern seas. The tension in the story is papalpable. And now Blasingstoke is buying a way to make the deaths to be of natural causes. Yuk.

Very much looking forward to justice being done!

Yes, the bull sharks jaw and teeth...I imagine B'stoke has plans to use it to inflict wounds to the bodies of his victims to make their deaths seem a tragic accident. Not quite sure how he will accomplish that...

I sure as heck hope that Bridget meets her end though I must confess that part of me wants Gonzales to exact justice on Henry's behalf. But can he do it without losing his soul? Perhaps his exposing Bridget will be enough to cause Sanchez to do the deed in some splashy spectacularly gruesome end??? But will that also result in him pulling the contract on Trevor and friends? Would Sanchez bite at the opportunity to take out Bridget for her failure while recognizing Trevor& co. never should have been a target? Perhaps being ruthless in dealing with failure while sparing them can make him seem more noble - after all we know Sanchez has an ego of large size...

• Site Administrator

I imagine CJ has set the stage for a shark attack on the 4 teens. With Basingstoke in possesion of bull shark jaw, he now has the way to make it look like all them were frolicking in the shallows (I believe bull sharks are known for their attacks in shallow water and lagoons and attacks on humans way outnumber other shark attacks) and also a way to seperate Trevor's head from the rest of his body.

We even have all 3 guys ready to go in their red, black and blue speedos. Although Lisa was the one who gave Bridgit most of her information inadvertantly, lets hope she is the smart one here and decides not to go swimming.

The timing will be essential here, if Trevor calls his Uncle Greg before time, then there might be another set of eyes on them other than Basingstoke.

I still can't get over what CJ did to Henry :( To die a death of your greatest fear must be absolutely horrible.

The thing I can't get out of my mind was the exchage between Frank and Gonzales. I'm not sure if I'm hypersensitive or not, but did anyone else get an unusal feeling that Henry was digging for information from Frank and is setting him up to expose himself as to being somehow part of Bridget's sceme :o Just a feeling I got :unsure:

Thanks for the chapter CJ....I think Posted Image

I sure as heck hope that Bridget meets her end though I must confess that part of me wants Gonzales to exact justice on Henry's behalf. But can he do it without losing his soul? Perhaps his exposing Bridget will be enough to cause Sanchez to do the deed in some splashy spectacularly gruesome end?

Although I obviously don't want Bridget to get off scot-free, I think her ending up in jail for even just a few years would be a far worse punishment for her than just shooting her and making it look like an accident somewhere. Can you imagine her mixing with "that sort" of person and sharing washing facilities etc.? It would be her worst nightmare!

Putting the word about that she's selling information about the cartel to the authorities might be another way of making her end a bit grizzly - she'd be running scared for whatever time remained for her.

The shark jaw is definitely ominous, but I do wonder about the logistics of getting all four of the Kookaburra's crew that way. Even if they wait until Lisa goes home, the chances of sharks killing 3 people at the same time are surely very low. Over the last 50 years, the average number of fatalities from shark attacks in Australia is only fractionally over 1 - nobody's going to buy the story that 3 strong swimmers were taken out on the same day. And B'stoke can't let even one of them survive to tell the tale.

He'd have to kill all three boys in such a way that it couldn't be detected that they hadn't died from shark bites and then manoeuvre the jaws he's just bought to take a fatal-sized chunk out of each of them.

Add in the previous attempts on Trevor's life and there's no way that B'stoke can pass the deaths off as accidental, I wouldn't have thought. Of course, he may not care - he just has to do away with Trevor, dispatch his head to Sanchez and disappear into the night.

Of course, what I would or wouldn't have thought doesn't matter. CJ thought of having Henry eaten by alligators so all bets are off, really...Posted Image

• Site Moderator

There's always the possiblilty that since the cartel will be taking over her operations, they may consider her a liability and take her out, saving Gonzales the trouble.

Although I obviously don't want Bridget to get off scot-free, I think her ending up in jail for even just a few years would be a far worse

The shark jaw is definitely ominous, but I do wonder about the logistics of getting all four of the Kookaburra's crew that way. Even if they wait until Lisa goes home, the chances of sharks killing 3 people at the same time are surely very low. Over the last 50 years, the average number of fatalities from shark attacks in Australia is only fractionally over 1 - nobody's going to buy the story that 3 strong swimmers were taken out on the same day. And B'stoke can't let even one of them survive to tell the tale.

He'd have to kill all three boys in such a way that it couldn't be detected that they hadn't died from shark bites and then manoeuvre the jaws he's just bought to take a fatal-sized chunk out of each of them.

Add in the previous attempts on Trevor's life and there's no way that B'stoke can pass the deaths off as accidental, I wouldn't have thought. Of course, he may not care - he just has to do away with Trevor, dispatch his head to Sanchez and disappear into the night.

Of course, what I would or wouldn't have thought doesn't matter. CJ thought of having Henry eaten by alligators so all bets are off, really...Posted Image

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16681464

Posted Image ................ The only reason I can see Steve's analogy in Gonzale's and Frank's conversation as being another leak of Bridgets network of 'spies. Is that Gonzales is testing Frank by giving the hour of the news release, as he zeroed in on a wall while he posed his information to Frank.

I can see that the evil 'goat' would do such a thing, if true it meant Bridget knew all along of Dirks and Jim's whereabouts and wanted them kept out of sight until Trevor's demise to ensure of Dirks prosecution. It makes sense, she did not trust George back then either and wanted it to end in her favor, Bridget was totally in control of everything, a mistake that George never saw.

Hmmm, will Gonzales follow up on the relatives? Will he find a fluke in Frank's conversation? Afterall Frank was too willing to offer condolence to him in Henry's demise and with almost free legal work, quite unlike him!

Our birdman, Talonrider suggest that the cartel will give Bridget a carte blanc, I say the have another 'retirement plan, as I do not see a sequal here, (not like Scar in LTMP and CL) The Aries/kookaburra need to give up their secrets after Trevor and our heros escape from Mr. B'. unsuccessful attempt at head hunting (BTW, a nice title for the next chapter!!)

Gonzales will never get Bridget, she is to clever and has too many ears and eyes, but he will get a couple of people, I'm sure!! I mean Billy might screw up while trying to get his teeth fixed. But Bridget will escape from Gonzales.....but not the Cartel!

Posted Image ............Mr. B. what can I say a hired assasian withno expierence with teens, he is overconfident, cocky and believes he has no problems, he needs to remember that Lisa will know about the shark prods aboard the boat.

Great chapter CJ, I will miss the weekly postings, but understand........... Posted Image

• Site Administrator

Oh, and btw.... beware, the evil Wildone is still making scurrilous, slanderous, and downright salacious accusations about me, so don't listen to him if he claims a cliffy in this chapter. Posted Image

CJ has publicly and privately called me out to find anything that would constitute a cliffhanger in this chapter. So, I will list what I see are cliffhangers in Chapter 109 (using human maths).

• Basingstoke has purchased a large jaw bone with teeth intact. I don't think it is for hanging on his motel room wall. More likely he needs a way to deliver Trevor's head to Sanchez in a way that can be explained without too much attention.
  • Trevor and the crew are out in the Indian Ocean heading to a secluded, not well known area and CJ has told us about the sharks in the area. Bull sharks I do believe are more prone to attack humans in shallows than any other breed of shark.
  • The lingering doubt of Frank Tittle's allegiance. Could Dirk and Jim be in grave danger from their high priced, pompous lawyer?
  • Rachel is about to pick up Sea Witch, which has had it's engines modified to specifically outrun Coast Guard boats. Remember back when the Sea Bitch was first introduced? The boat, not the owner.
  • Although Frank may be lying, it is entirely feasible that he is telling the truth and a jury could be swayed into having a reasonable doubt about any charges laid against her. She could walk free and continue her current journey to eliminate all the characters.
Please feel free to add any other items that I may have missed in this cliffhanger plagued chapter Posted Image Edited by wildone

CJ: Thanks for Blissfully Ignorant. The chapter, stateside, is full of information about who did what; this back fills a lot of the story.

I can't imagine visiting an alligator farm much less one where all the animals are being disassembled for their stomach contents. I would have puked in the driveway on the way in.

Meanwhile our intrepid sailors are sailing the southern seas. The tension in the story is papalpable. And now Blasingstoke is buying a way to make the deaths to be of natural causes. Yuk.

Very much looking forward to justice being done!

Our four sailors are in a bit of risk... but, they aren't worried. Posted Image

And yeah, that aligator farm scene.. ugh, not good.

Yes, the bull sharks jaw and teeth...I imagine B'stoke has plans to use it to inflict wounds to the bodies of his victims to make their deaths seem a tragic accident. Not quite sure how he will accomplish that...

I sure as heck hope that Bridget meets her end though I must confess that part of me wants Gonzales to exact justice on Henry's behalf. But can he do it without losing his soul? Perhaps his exposing Bridget will be enough to cause Sanchez to do the deed in some splashy spectacularly gruesome end??? But will that also result in him pulling the contract on Trevor and friends? Would Sanchez bite at the opportunity to take out Bridget for her failure while recognizing Trevor& co. never should have been a target? Perhaps being ruthless in dealing with failure while sparing them can make him seem more noble - after all we know Sanchez has an ego of large size...

Good point on Gonzalez; he does indeed have a conundrum as to how to avenge Henry.

As for the contract; even if Sanchez did realize that it should have never been done, it wouldn't matter. He needs to fulfill it for internal political reason in the cartel. The thorny little issue is this; Sanchez accepted the contract from Bridget on behalf of the cartel, not just himself. Posted Image

I imagine CJ has set the stage for a shark attack on the 4 teens. With Basingstoke in possesion of bull shark jaw, he now has the way to make it look like all them were frolicking in the shallows (I believe bull sharks are known for their attacks in shallow water and lagoons and attacks on humans way outnumber other shark attacks) and also a way to seperate Trevor's head from the rest of his body.

We even have all 3 guys ready to go in their red, black and blue speedos. Although Lisa was the one who gave Bridgit most of her information inadvertantly, lets hope she is the smart one here and decides not to go swimming.

The timing will be essential here, if Trevor calls his Uncle Greg before time, then there might be another set of eyes on them other than Basingstoke.

I still can't get over what CJ did to Henry Posted Image To die a death of your greatest fear must be absolutely horrible.

The thing I can't get out of my mind was the exchage between Frank and Gonzales. I'm not sure if I'm hypersensitive or not, but did anyone else get an unusal feeling that Henry was digging for information from Frank and is setting him up to expose himself as to being somehow part of Bridget's sceme Just a feeling I got

Thanks for the chapter CJ....I think Posted Image

There ya go again, blaming me!!! I had nothing to do with Henry's death. If you'll re-read it, you'll see it's clearly Bridget and Billy who did the wretched deed.

Although I obviously don't want Bridget to get off scot-free, I think her ending up in jail for even just a few years would be a far worse punishment for her than just shooting her and making it look like an accident somewhere. Can you imagine her mixing with "that sort" of person and sharing washing facilities etc.? It would be her worst nightmare!

Putting the word about that she's selling information about the cartel to the authorities might be another way of making her end a bit grizzly - she'd be running scared for whatever time remained for her.

Of course, what I would or wouldn't have thought doesn't matter. CJ thought of having Henry eaten by alligators so all bets are off, really...

Ack, another one blaming me! Having Henry eaten (shudder!) was not something I thought of... that was Bridget's idea, after capturing Henry.

There's always the possiblilty that since the cartel will be taking over her operations, they may consider her a liability and take her out, saving Gonzales the trouble.

She is mentioned a few times as being very concerned that that might happen, if the secret she took the contract out to protect ever gets out.

................ The only reason I can see Steve's analogy in Gonzale's and Frank's conversation as being another leak of Bridgets network of 'spies. Is that Gonzales is testing Frank by giving the hour of the news release, as he zeroed in on a wall while he posed his information to Frank.

I can see that the evil 'goat' would do such a thing, if true it meant Bridget knew all along of Dirks and Jim's whereabouts and wanted them kept out of sight until Trevor's demise to ensure of Dirks prosecution. It makes sense, she did not trust George back then either and wanted it to end in her favor, Bridget was totally in control of everything, a mistake that George never saw.

Hmmm, will Gonzales follow up on the relatives? Will he find a fluke in Frank's conversation? Afterall Frank was too willing to offer condolence to him in Henry's demise and with almost free legal work, quite unlike him!

Our birdman, Talonrider suggest that the cartel will give Bridget a carte blanc, I say the have another 'retirement plan, as I do not see a sequal here, (not like Scar in LTMP and CL) The Aries/kookaburra need to give up their secrets after Trevor and our heros escape from Mr. B'. unsuccessful attempt at head hunting (BTW, a nice title for the next chapter!!)

Gonzales will never get Bridget, she is to clever and has too many ears and eyes, but he will get a couple of people, I'm sure!! I mean Billy might screw up while trying to get his teeth fixed. But Bridget will escape from Gonzales.....but not the Cartel!

............Mr. B. what can I say a hired assasian withno expierence with teens, he is overconfident, cocky and believes he has no problems, he needs to remember that Lisa will know about the shark prods aboard the boat.

Great chapter CJ, I will miss the weekly postings, but understand...........

I hope that we'll now be beck to weekly postings, with no further interruptions. Posted Image

And you're right, there's no sequel planned for Circumnavigation.

Yep, George never figured out that Bridget controled a lot more than he knew. I started hinting at this very early on, when Lisa's father recognized Bridget's name as the brother of the guy who owned his employer. Posted Image

CJ has publicly and privately called me out to find anything that would constitute a cliffhanger in this chapter. So, I will list what I see are cliffhangers in Chapter 109 (using human maths).

• Basingstoke has purchased a large jaw bone with teeth intact. I don't think it is for hanging on his motel room wall. More likely he needs a way to deliver Trevor's head to Sanchez in a way that can be explained without too much attention.
  • Trevor and the crew are out in the Indian Ocean heading to a secluded, not well known area and CJ has told us about the sharks in the area. Bull sharks I do believe are more prone to attack humans in shallows than any other breed of shark.
  • The lingering doubt of Frank Tittle's allegiance. Could Dirk and Jim be in grave danger from their high priced, pompous lawyer?
  • Rachel is about to pick up Sea Witch, which has had it's engines modified to specifically outrun Coast Guard boats. Remember back when the Sea Bitch was first introduced? The boat, not the owner.
  • Although Frank may be lying, it is entirely feasible that he is telling the truth and a jury could be swayed into having a reasonable doubt about any charges laid against her. She could walk free and continue her current journey to eliminate all the characters.
Please feel free to add any other items that I may have missed in this cliffhanger plagued chapter Posted Image

Ahhem! I said there were no cliffhangers, not that you should try and find any! Posted Image

Human maths? Wildone... if that's a reference to the Aussie maths we're using for the chapter numbering, I do beleive you just implied that Aussies aren't human!!!

Okay, going through your list one by one,

#1: The shark jaws. Do we have any idication that Basingstoke isn't going to just hang it on his wall for decoration? Nope... So, not a cliffy. He may well have just been doing some souveneer shopping.

#2. Yep, bull sharks are responsable for more attacks than great whites. But, sharks have been mentioned many times throughout the story, and bull sharks are actually #2, not #1 (the oceanic white tips that got the pirates are actually #1, but they don't go near shore). So, not a cliffy.

#3. Are Jim and Dirk in grave and deadly danger from Frank Tittle? Of course; they could drop dead from shock when they get his bill. But, we already knew that, so not a cliffy.

#4. Bridget, not Rachel, is about to pick up Sea Witch, so not a cliffy.

#5. Is there a risk that Bridget couldmurder all the charachters? Absolutly not; she's a characther, and she's not going to murder herself, so the chances of her killing all the characters is precicely zero, so not a cliffy!

Aaaand... Time for the new chapter title. It's Operation Wesson.

• Site Administrator

Well I'm still having suspicious feelings about Frank.

There is just so much in the story that could point the finger his way.

Sanchez says he has resources, is Frank the resource?

What better way to keep an eye out on Dirk and Jim to have them being defended by Frank. 'Keep your friends closer, your enemies closer' have any truth in it?

His assessment of a plausible defense for Bridgit was just to complex and complete if he had seriously just received all the information for the first time in the visit from Gonzeles.

I think the Assistant State Attorney was just a small fish in the cartels net.

Me thinks :)

• Like 1

What better way to keep an eye out on Dirk and Jim to have them being defended by Frank. 'Keep your friends closer, your enemies closer' have any truth in it?

His assessment of a plausible defense for Bridgit was just to complex and complete if he had seriously just received all the information for the first time in the visit from Gonzeles.

Me thinks Posted Image

Me thinks Posted Image

Posted Image ............... But that would mean Bridget knew along about Henry, Henry's investigation and his working relationship with Gonzales. Would she have been concerned enough to suspect Henry watching her place and catching a photo of Sanchez leaving her place? That would not make sense unless she already had Henry's camera and film or the processed pictures. So that begs the question, what became of those pictures as an interpol check would most likely have Sanchez profiled as a high ranking cartel member leaving Bridget's home. That in itself could spell problems for the both of them, so if Frank was another mole Bridget would have taken care of Henry long ago.

Then again the next title is called Wesson...................it all about Henry!! Posted Image

Edited by Benji

Maybe I missed it if someone brought it up but lets not forget who introduced (sort of) Trevor to Bridget. Trevor's old boat captian who has not been hear of since very early in the story. I am willing to bet she comes back and plays a part in the end but just havent figured out if it is a good part or a bad one. I am leaning toward some connection that puts her on Bridgets payroll to keep an eye on Trevor while he was searching off the Bahamas for Aries. If Trevor keeps to his coarse now and goes back to the navy base, I am gambling that the beacon on his boat will be found. If that is the case, and the old boat captain shows up again, it will be to help locate Trevor and keep him around so that B'stoke can carry out his dasterdly plans. Just a thought but it seems likely considering the surprises that CJ likes to add along the way. Great story, and if you are even denying that there is a Circumnavigation II that means you are atleast thinking about it. I say fo for it.

Maybe I missed it if someone brought it up but lets not forget who introduced (sort of) Trevor to Bridget. Trevor's old boat captian who has not been hear of since very early in the story. I am willing to bet she comes back and plays a part in the end but just havent figured out if it is a good part or a bad one. I am leaning toward some connection that puts her on Bridgets payroll to keep an eye on Trevor while he was searching off the Bahamas for Aries. If Trevor keeps to his coarse now and goes back to the navy base, I am gambling that the beacon on his boat will be found. If that is the case, and the old boat captain shows up again, it will be to help locate Trevor and keep him around so that B'stoke can carry out his dasterdly plans. Just a thought but it seems likely considering the surprises that CJ likes to add along the way. Great story, and if you are even denying that there is a Circumnavigation II that means you are atleast thinking about it. I say fo for it.

Posted Image ............ Got to admit I have mentioned Julie before as being somewhat suspicious in her dealings with Bridget, but I have a hard time thinking she was more involved in other just a friend, The gist of it would be of Trevor being gay, if Julie told Bridget before she left then that is a breach of trust with Trevor, casting suspcision. However, if Julie was working with Bridget, why would she leave a luxaritve job with Bridget to do diving in the pacific Islands? Remember how Ben was a once shown character? I believe to be the same!

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator

Posted Image ............ Got to admit I have mentioned Julie before as being somewhat suspicious in her dealings with Bridget, but I have a hard time thinking she was more involved in other just a friend, The gist of it would be of Trevor being gay, if Julie told Bridget before she left then that is a breach of trust with Trevor, casting suspcision. However, if Julie was working with Bridget, why would she leave a luxaritve job with Bridget to do diving in the pacific Islands? Remember how Ben was a once shown character? I believe to be the same!

Ah, but is she really diving in Fiji :unsure: ?

Julie (Trevor's old captain) has been mentioned a few times, in passing, since introducing Trevor to Bridget. She, via e-mail, put Lisa in touch with Bridget, and then Trevor has written Julie a few times.

Circumnavigation II? Well, I can say this; no plans at the moment. :)

Well, hrmmm! Is Julie what she seems? She was very good to Trevor... she even gave him that garlic crusher he's so fond of. :)

Ah, but is she really diving in Fiji Posted Image ?

Tahiti. An awesome place for diving. :)

I can also say, without fear of contradiction, that either we will, or will not, be seeing Julie in the story again. :)

Ah, but is she really diving in Fiji Posted Image ?

Posted Image ...............Could be, could be she has taken over operations in that area of the world. Could be she is the last one to try and stop Trevor after he escapes from Mr. B. But Dirk and Jim are already exonerated, so the contract could still come from Sanchez. Not sure when the secrets of the Areis come forth first though, if Julie is involved she would need that GPS signal from the ship Trevor and Shane sails from to find him. Assuming it is the Kookabura and not dismantled by then, although Trevor most likely would trust Julie even after his 3rd encounter with death, how would he feel about Julie requesting a revendous, I wonder how Shane would feel about it with a known associastion with Bridget?

Julie wouldn't need to request an interview - Trevor already has semi-serious plans to meet up with her on his way back to the US.

That said, she's not going to be the last one to stop Trevor - he'll presumably opt for sailing through the Panama canal which is just down the road from the Cartel's headquarters. Unless his experience in the Suez Canal has soured him to such things of course, but going roung the bottom of S. America is a hell of a journey - I wouldn't have thought he'd be in a huge hurry to head back out into the Southern Ocean.

It seems to me that Trevor's continued existence depends on the paperwork on Kookaburra being found ASAP and Sanchez finding himself with more pressing matters to take care of.

• Site Administrator

Okay, I'm a little unclear on something, maybe you can all help me out.

When Rachel bought Ares, it already had the secrets on board it. She then switched Ares and Atlantis after she bought the second boat. So in original terms, Atlantis is Ares (aka Kookabura) , and Ares is Atlantis. Since Ned didn't do as much of a complete scan of Atlantis/Ares/Kookabura, before turning it over to Rachel, why wouldn't he have found anything yet with all the work and scanning with high tech electronics on Ares/Atlantis.

See how I'm so confuzzeled? :unsure:

The switching between Ares and Atlantis was only temporary, wildone.

This is from chapter 102:

“Could she believe that Ares and Atlantis were swapped? They’re nearly identical, from what I understand,” Gonzalez asked.

“I don’t know. As far as I’m aware she knew nothing at all of the plans for my disappearance,” Rachel replied, and then paused before adding, “Wait, she might possibly have believed them swapped, because I did that to an associate of hers once. Ares was my first boat and I was more particular about her than I was about Atlantis, and Atlantis was the only one whose insurance covered bare boat charters. So, I prefered to send Atlantis out on those. When the person I knew was linked to Bridget requested Ares, I sent them Atlantis. At that time, I did not have the names painted on the hulls, so I swapped the nameplates and license for a while, then switched them back later. As for Atlantis, sometimes she’d be bare-boat chartered for long periods under her own name, and I noticed that they put a lot of wear and tear on her engines and gear.”

Edited by Low Flyer
Well there is one other angle on Julie that we might have to consider. She could have been placed there to try to draw Bridget out but that doesnt seem likely since she willingly sent both Trevor and Lisa to her and I just dont think that would play out. But she may still be an intregal part of the action and may show up in time to stop B'stoke. Maybe she is good and maybe she is bad. Hard to say at this point. I really like Cjames taking a firm stance on if we will see her or not. Just like a bunch of politicians I know.

There's also that chance that she doesn't know anything about Bridget's dealings and could just be a friend.

Posted Image ............Then again the difference between a friend and fiend is just one letter!! Posted Image

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..