Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99 +11) Operation Wesson

And one other thought for the day.... Wildone said, in the last thread, always and only trust the narrator. So, if I'm the narrator, that means that when I say "I never, ever use cliffhangers" it must be true, right??? Posted Image

• Site Administrator

And one other thought for the day.... Wildone said, in the last thread, always and only trust the narrator. So, if I'm the narrator, that means that when I say "I never, ever use cliffhangers" it must be true, right??? Posted Image

I've yet to see the narrator of Circumnavigation say that Posted Image

Therefore, we don't need to trust you outside of Circumnavigation narration Posted Image

Edited by wildone

deep sigh

Mr james, in Australian terms you are a right bastard!

you leave us for two weeks, then wind us up like clocks and......

I sincerely hope there is a special circle of hell for writers of your talent!

Awesome Stuff,

Hey Canuk that's a kiwi term too :-) STOP STEALING OUR STUFF AUSTRALIA!!! Hands off our pavlova :-)

Can't hardly believe I actually wan't her to get away.

But the best justice for her is the cartel's revenge.

Thanks really enjoying the story.

Awesome Stuff,

Hey Canuk that's a kiwi term too :-) STOP STEALING OUR STUFF AUSTRALIA!!! Hands off our pavlova :-)

I think Australians are just jealous of Kiwis - it's patently obvious whose got the best of most things down in your corner of the globe... Posted Image

As for Bridget, I tend to agree but I think it would be great for her to spend some time with the "poor" people in jail. Even better if the Cartel decides to use their contacts in the prison system to make her life extra miserable (and, perhaps, shorter).

LF

P.S. Welcome aboard

Posted Image ................ Well that chapter was worth the wait Posted Image it looks like Bridget cannot escape this time, as fast as her boat is the helicopters are faster, I looked up the USCG Chandeleur, and its speed can top 26 knots. While the Jayhawk helicopter speed is 135-140 knots (155-161 mph). Of course Billy could always go swimming and buy Bridget a little more time while the chopper rescues Billy. But I think it more likely that Bridet will try to fight. Great Chapter Goat!! Posted Image

I thought that maybe Bridget would have Billy turn on her as he was getting a bit worried about his role of late...I guess he warn't (spelling on purpose) smart enough to take chances on his own.

I wonder what B'stoke thinks he is going to do from the air? Perhaps drop an air mail package on our kids or the K'burra? Other than knowing his general intent, can't figure out what he is accomplishing with this latest flight. Maybe we will get lucky (?) and have his fuel fouled by condensation despite his checking???

I thought that maybe Bridget would have Billy turn on her as he was getting a bit worried about his role of late...I guess he warn't (spelling on purpose) smart enough to take chances on his own.

I wonder what B'stoke thinks he is going to do from the air? Perhaps drop an air mail package on our kids or the K'burra? Other than knowing his general intent, can't figure out what he is accomplishing with this latest flight. Maybe we will get lucky (?) and have his fuel fouled by condensation despite his checking???

Posted Image ................. I checked there is an airstrip on the island, located at the northeast portion of West Wallabi Island, remember Mr. B. claimed his good fortune in not having to rent a boat.

Edited by Benji

What a place to end the chapter. Not a cliffie? Somehow, anything that appears a certainty in Circumnavigation ends up being slightly askew, so I am assuming nothing. However, I am hoping that the wicked witch on the Sea Witch is "lost at sea" in a fittingly bizarre death....

I checked there is an airstrip on the island, located at the northeast portion of West Wallabi Island, remember Mr. B. claimed his good fortune in not having to rent a boat.

Just as a point of information, the airstrip is actually at the eastern end of East Wallabi Island:

It might make a difference to how far B'stoke has to travel once on foot. Either way, it's going to seem a little odd that he just turns up out of the blue. Uncle Greg may live to regret his decision to deprive his nephew of his gun...Posted Image

Just as a point of information, the airstrip is actually at the eastern end of East Wallabi Island:

It might make a difference to how far B'stoke has to travel once on foot. Either way, it's going to seem a little odd that he just turns up out of the blue. Uncle Greg may live to regret his decision to deprive his nephew of his gun...Posted Image

Posted Image .................. Thanks for the map link, I screwed up my islands Posted Image

Edited by Benji

deep sigh

Mr james, in Australian terms you are a right bastard!

you leave us for two weeks, then wind us up like clocks and......

I sincerely hope there is a special circle of hell for writers of your talent!

But... Isn't "Bastard" a term of endearment down under? ../..//public/style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif

Hell, for sweet, innocent me? Posted Image

It was a nice, relaxing end to the chapter... Bridget heading out inot the teeth of Operation Wesson, and Trevor, Lisa, Shane, and Joel having an idylic time on an uninhabited island. And as for Basingstoke, what can he do? He can't land that type of plane on a beach, or in the water. So, nothing to worry about. :)

Awesome Stuff,

Thanks really enjoying the story.

I'll bet Shane had you seeing red when he refered to Pavlova and a Western Australia creation. :)

And WELCOME to the forums!!!! Posted Image

Of course, as always, we are very excited to read more ... Posted Image

Thanks!!! And welcome!!!!

BTW, don't listen to anyone (especially named Wildone) who might claim that the chapters sometimes have cliffhangers. Fear not, for I never, ever use cliffhangers. Posted Image

Posted Image ................ Well that chapter was worth the wait Posted Image it looks like Bridget cannot escape this time, as fast as her boat is the helicopters are faster, I looked up the USCG Chandeleur, and its speed can top 26 knots. While the Jayhawk helicopter speed is 135-140 knots (155-161 mph). Of course Billy could always go swimming and buy Bridget a little more time while the chopper rescues Billy. But I think it more likely that Bridet will try to fight. Great Chapter Goat!! Posted Image

Bridget seems to have two options; try to fight (the only weapons aboard are two rifles and her pistol) or surrender, and let her, and her 20 million in loot, be taken into custody. What will she do? Sea Witch is faster then the fastest of the cutters, but only barely (thje Island Class can do 29 knots, while Sea Witch, lightly laden under perfect conditions with Nitrous boost, could do 35, max, and less than that with a full fuel load). So, Sea Witch has a slight speed advantage, but the cutters are between her and where she wants to go. And then there are the helicpters.

Maybe he just wants to fly by and give them a freindly wave? :)

And Yep, Billy sure looks to have goeen way more than he bargained for.

What a place to end the chapter. Not a cliffie? Somehow, anything that appears a certainty in Circumnavigation ends up being slightly askew, so I am assuming nothing. However, I am hoping that the wicked witch on the Sea Witch is "lost at sea" in a fittingly bizarre death....

Agreed, not a cliffy!

The chapter had to end somewhere... and what could possibly go wrong? :)

Ok well if not a cliffhanger it must at least be... Sexual harrasment.

Hrmmm.. I can agree with that! Another vote for "not a cliffhanger". :)

An airstrip, on an uninhabited island? Well, that's very rare indeed. I don't know of any other example of this on the planet. Yep, very rare... But, does Basingstoke even know about it? Also, it's almost two miles from where Kookoburra is moored; she's in the bay between the two main islands.

So, nothing to worry about... :)

BTW, time to release the title of the coming chapter... It's "Coming to a Head".

Of course if the Kiwis cared to look up the recipe of their so called PavlovaPosted Image

They'd find that the original from Kiwiland is not the meringue version that was created in Perth Western Australia.

So sorry sheep boys! Posted Image the pavlova that people know and love is the Australian invention.

Great chapter CJ Posted Image

Posted Image ...............It's coming to a head, Ya think? Posted Image Well all is not as it seems in the goats world, could be Bridgets capture, or Mr. B's sudden demise, or the dastrldly demise of our young heros. The fun filled days of the last filled chapters are a figment of our goats warped mind here, as he baits us with titles of the chapters. On face value you'd think that the chapter was about Mr. B. completing his mission, yet it could mean several other scenerios. I opt that Trevor and company never meet Mr. B. here on the island as he met his fate with an Australian nemisis aka a deadly native animal. More likely though is the capture of Bridget in this next chapter, if she is captured will she cop a plea to avoid the retribution of the cartel and seek a safe haven cell? In doing so will she disclose the matter of the documents she believes hidden on the Aries? That leaves Sanchez in a problem, his life! That info can spur our heroes into action to find the evidence.

But the evil goat can not let that go, taken all the danger away must leave another, perhaps SteveO was right in his assumption. Posted Image

Guest ralphie

QUOTE: He [Basingstoke] checked his rear passenger seats, where the box containing the shark jaws was strapped. Below the box, still in a hardware store bag, were two lengths of strong wire, two crowbars, and a rubber mallet.

Hmmmmmmm!! Whatever does he plan to do with that stuff???

Mr. Goat... your very detailed and accurate depiction of central and south Florida really pulls me in. Do you or have you ever lived in Florida or is it just damn good research???? Also, I now know Austrailia better than ever. I love your writing.

BTW I usually live in central Florida but presently dangleing by one arm from a cliff-like location somewhere in Western Austrailia. I'm not saying Goat would lie but......................Posted Image

Everybody has a warn status bar which is only visible to youself. If you do something naughty you get a message and the bar fills up, otherwise it is empty. so I would not worry. For finer details you have to ask the naughty boys.

Of course if the Kiwis cared to look up the recipe of their so called PavlovaPosted Image

They'd find that the original from Kiwiland is not the meringue version that was created in Perth Western Australia.

So sorry sheep boys! Posted Image the pavlova that people know and love is the Australian invention.

Great chapter CJ Posted Image

I've had pavlova in both Australia and New Zealand, and they are indeed different (and both very delicious!!) Posted Image

Posted Image ...............It's coming to a head, Ya think? Posted Image Well all is not as it seems in the goats world, could be Bridgets capture, or Mr. B's sudden demise, or the dastrldly demise of our young heros. The fun filled days of the last filled chapters are a figment of our goats warped mind here, as he baits us with titles of the chapters. On face value you'd think that the chapter was about Mr. B. completing his mission, yet it could mean several other scenerios. I opt that Trevor and company never meet Mr. B. here on the island as he met his fate with an Australian nemisis aka a deadly native animal. More likely though is the capture of Bridget in this next chapter, if she is captured will she cop a plea to avoid the retribution of the cartel and seek a safe haven cell? In doing so will she disclose the matter of the documents she believes hidden on the Aries? That leaves Sanchez in a problem, his life! That info can spur our heroes into action to find the evidence.

But the evil goat can not let that go, taken all the danger away must leave another, perhaps SteveO was right in his assumption. Posted Image

ACK!!! Please don't let the Evil Steve of the North (Wildone) brainwash you!! There is no cliffhanger here...

Bridget is happily sailing into Operation Wesson, a huge Coast Guard operation aimed at her.

On West Wallabi Island, Trevor, Shane, Lisa, and Joel are enjoying some carefree sightseeing. They are also perfectly safe, unless Basingsstoke knows of, and uses, that airstrip on East Walabai. So, nothing to worry about.

QUOTE: He [Basingstoke] checked his rear passenger seats, where the box containing the shark jaws was strapped. Below the box, still in a hardware store bag, were two lengths of strong wire, two crowbars, and a rubber mallet.

Hmmmmmmm!! Whatever does he plan to do with that stuff???

Mr. Goat... your very detailed and accurate depiction of central and south Florida really pulls me in. Do you or have you ever lived in Florida or is it just damn good research???? Also, I now know Austrailia better than ever. I love your writing.

BTW I usually live in central Florida but presently dangleing by one arm from a cliff-like location somewhere in Western Austrailia. I'm not saying Goat would lie but......................Posted Image

What does Basingstoke plan on doing with the stuff? Hrmmm, perhaps he just wants to hang the shark jaws on his wall as a souvenir?

I've never lived in Florida, but I've been there many times. Also, I have the aid of my editor, Emoe, who is a Floridian.

And, um, a clifflike location? Uhoh... can't be to do with Circumnavigation then, because it's entirely cliffhanger-free. Posted Image

What does "Warn Status" mean? What did I do wrong? Would an apology help?

Every member has a warn status bar, visible only to themselves, moderators, and administrators. If there was any warning in it at all, it would show as red, not empty. Posted Image Yours is empty, no problem. Posted Image

************************************************************************************

"Coming to a Head" will have some pictures in it; a map of East and West Wallabi islands, plus a picture of an Island-class Coast Guard cutter, and also of a Sea Ray 38.

CJ

I've had pavlova in both Australia and New Zealand, and they are indeed different (and both very delicious!!) Posted Image

OK, I've googled for both Australian and New Zealand recipes for pavlova and they look pretty much the same to me - a large meringue sort of thing covered in fruit and whipped cream. So which is Aussie and which is Kiwi and which is the original?Posted Image

• Site Administrator

Thanks!!! And welcome!!!!

BTW, don't listen to anyone (especially named Wildone) who might claim that the chapters sometimes have cliffhangers. Fear not, for I never, ever use cliffhangers. Posted Image

And you don't already have 3 GA King of Evil Ciiffhanger Awards (soon to be four) to disprove this :unsure:

Maybe he just wants to fly by and give them a freindly wave? Posted Image

And maybe just happen to notice the airstrip that is visible from satellite on his friendly wave fly by. Maybe he will even tip his wings to the group?

An airstrip, on an uninhabited island? Well, that's very rare indeed. I don't know of any other example of this on the planet. Yep, very rare... But, does Basingstoke even know about it? Also, it's almost two miles from where Kookoburra is moored; she's in the bay between the two main islands.

So, nothing to worry about... Posted Image

I do have to give you credit CJ, East Wallaby Island's airstrip isn't labelled by either IATA code or ICAO code. This shows the extensive research that you put into your stories. The only reason I can see for the airstrip would be because of the history of West Wallaby Island. I imagine government and tourist flights might be a regular user of the strip.

Still, the lengths you will go to find a location within your scope of the story that matches your needs is amazing. Not sure if you knew of the place when you started having Trevor going to Australia, but you definitely have it now. Same as have Carnarvon Bay and Carnarvon on opposite sides of the continent.

No matter if you plan all this out ahead or as the story progresses....I Posted Image to you.

As far as the shark's jaw, this will give Mr. B the ability to remove Trevor's and any others heads making it look like a shark attack. I don't have a clue for the 2 lengths of strong wire, the crowbars and the rubber mallet, but maybe he is planning on ensuring that all to them get a good suntan like Eric did to Chris and Steve in FTL :P

Much still to be answered and unfortunately with ever new chapter, more questions appear Posted Image

Thanks for the chapter CJ Posted Image

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..