Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99 +12) Coming to a Head

See the Title ... already a cliff hanger!!! Outrageous torcher CJames does to his loyal readers

I'm having internet trouble tonight (intermittent connection) so I'll reply to the above posts tomorrow. This is just a quick post to announce the name of the coming chapter, so those of you who are concerned that there is trouble ahead can rest easy;

Blood in the Water

I'm having internet trouble tonight (intermittent connection) so I'll reply to the above posts tomorrow. This is just a quick post to announce the name of the coming chapter, so those of you who are concerned that there is trouble ahead can rest easy;

Blood in the Water

Ok- I'm on the east coast on a business trip in NJ. - the only benefit I can think of being out here on a "turn-around" business trip is maybe, just maybe, I will get to read the Blood in that Water chapter three hours earlier.

Nice way to edge back from the cliffy...

Ok- I'm on the east coast on a business trip in NJ. - the only benefit I can think of being out here on a "turn-around" business trip is maybe, just maybe, I will get to read the Blood in that Water chapter three hours earlier.

Nice way to edge back from the cliffy...

Off coursevim so tired I didn't realize until later that the story posts when it posts and time zones aren't a factor like they are in broadcast TV... Oh well - heavy sigh! ;-)

Sorry I've been offline for a while and am so late replying!!

Usually I try to reply to every post, but I'm rather constrained regarding possible spoilers at the moment. I've also been having internet connection issues.

I must say, I'm shocked, absolutely shocked, that anyone could say that there was a cliffhanger!

One note about the coast guard cutters; asside from a few icebeakers and arctic-service cutters, their hulls are not armored. Far from it, they are quite thin. This is true for real warships as well; armored hulls basically went out after WWII (for new construction, anyway).

If Sea Witch hit the cutter in the side at speed, it would be a non-survivable event for both vessels. The cutter could probably survive (with heavy damage and some flooding) a head-on strike. Sea Witch isn't a small boat; she's about 1/3 the length of that cutter. The captain ordered full reverse to reduce the relative speeds (like slamming on the brakes in a car when faced with a head-on collision).

CJ :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..