Since Not The Sun trilogy seems to be my most popular piece, I decided to start a thread in case anyone wants to talk about it.

http://www.gayauthor...ssieq/notthesun

Feel free to share feedback. Most my readers love Jordan and think Brandon is a brat (which he is).
And about half of the people who leave me feedback on Keith think that he is pure evil. (The other half thinks Keith is sexy...those are the ones that scare me).

Agree? Disagree? Let me know!

• 6 months later...

getting confused

there seems to be quite a gap between book 1 & book 2, as theres lots of events referenced in book 2 that have already happened, but they didnt happen in book 1

If you can give me a few examples, I will be happy to look into that and correct it if necessary. Thanks! :)

If you can give me a few examples, I will be happy to look into that and correct it if necessary. Thanks! Posted Image

ive found what the problem is, chapter 10 is missing from book 1, so theres no link to the following chapters at the end of chapter 9

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/cassieq/notthesun/9

if you look at the top or bottom of this chapter, where theres usually the link to next & previous chapters, theres no 'next chapter' link

theres no /notthesun/10

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/cassieq/notthesun

on the main story page, theres;

9. Chapter Nine: Discoveries (links to /notthesun/9)

10. Chapter Ten: Feelings (links to /notthesun/11)

Thank you for pointing that out. I have not addressed the issue with the links yet, but Ch 10 should be accessible from the main page. I will continue to look at it and try to figure out a way to fix it. It can be confusing if there is a missing chapter, since there is so much information crammed into each one. :P

• 8 months later...

The character I remember most in this story was actually Leia.  Cassie you are excellent at messing with our emotions because all throughout the story I was like... is she alive?  is she dead?  I think she died like 4 times!!!  (okay an exaggeration but still my heart broke each time that girl was mentioned.)

I agree that Brandon was a brat but he was still a teenager and teenagers are supposed to be that way so that made him more real.  Jordan reminded me of that "cool" kid you always see in high school.  And Keith... well I always suspected that he wasn't right in the head so it was hard to hate him despite all the stuff he did. 

Overall I think pretty much all the characters (at least the human ones from our world) had their good and bad points and were very believable which is pretty good in my book!  They are all people I'd expect to find in the real world.  so good job and yay!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I finally got around to reading the Not The Sun Trilogy and I must say that i really enjoyed it. The connection between Brandon and Jordan really worked and helped drive the story where it needed to go. I am a sucker for true love. Thanks for giving me what I look for in a good story, and in such a unique and fascinating way.Kudos to you...cheers ...Gary

• Like 1

I finally got around to reading the Not The Sun Trilogy and I must say that i really enjoyed it. The connection between Brandon and Jordan really worked and helped drive the story where it needed to go. I am a sucker for true love. Thanks for giving me what I look for in a good story, and in such a unique and fascinating way.Kudos to you...cheers ...Gary

Thank you.  I'm so glad you enjoyed it.  Brandon and Jordan are very special characters and I loved being able to tell their story.  :)

• Like 1

I am back...just read Unrequited...there is no thread for it...I posted a review on the last chapter...just recommending that you consider a sequel...the characters are really intriguing. At any rate I am definitly a fan of your writing!!

• Like 1