Looking for a Story Involving a Dog

hey Hamen... I haven't been reading much lately, so I can only tell you about the stories I have that involve dogs. I know a lot of people liked my story "Mountain Hideout" it's got a retired police dog that plays a pretty big part in the story....I've actually had a lot of people ask for more of the dog's story, lol.... Also, my story Puppy Love have dogs that play a somewhat main role in the story... Depending on what you're looking for...

Mountain Hideout is a 13K short story

Puppy Love is a 18 chapter story

Edited by Renee Stevens

I don't know any online, but i used to work at a book shop...

Marley & Me was very popular - or Louis de Berniere's 'Red Dog' is also one that did really well if you want something with an Australian bent!

There's a dog in Shane by Vlista (which is on site) which has a semi-role in the story.

However, the story is also on the dark side with the background of the story being abuse.

Apart from that one nothing much else springs to mind, unless you want to delve into the world of children's literature.

• 4 weeks later...

hey Hamen... I haven't been reading much lately, so I can only tell you about the stories I have that involve dogs. I know a lot of people liked my story "Mountain Hideout" it's got a retired police dog that plays a pretty big part in the story....I've actually had a lot of people ask for more of the dog's story, lol.... Also, my story Puppy Love have dogs that play a somewhat main role in the story... Depending on what you're looking for...

Mountain Hideout is a 13K short story

Puppy Love is a 18 chapter story

I'm going to take a look at that (probably the longer one. Hehe.

I don't know any online, but i used to work at a book shop...

Marley & Me was very popular - or Louis de Berniere's 'Red Dog' is also one that did really well if you want something with an Australian bent!

I'm not sure I'll be able to find a copy of that but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!

There's a dog in Shane by Vlista (which is on site) which has a semi-role in the story.

However, the story is also on the dark side with the background of the story being abuse.

Apart from that one nothing much else springs to mind, unless you want to delve into the world of children's literature.

I've actually read that story and yeah, I found that dog adorable.

It doesn't actually have to be a story involving gay characters or even a gay author. But I don't want it to be a children's story also. Haha. Oh well, still searching. I kinda started writing again so I'm distracted once more.

Actually, come to think of it, a while back they did new editions of stories by James Herriot - rather than the big books of mixed stories, they released some smaller volumes. I'd recommend his big books "all things bright and beautiful" etc etc, but if it's just dogs you're after, you might be able to find an edition of "James Herriot's Dog Stories" still around.