Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Sorry! Circumnavigation on hold for a week.

Benji, these accusations against me regarding cliffhangers... They are all part of an eeevil conspiracy led by Wildone... he's evil, you know.

I can prove it. Type

king of evil cliffhangers

into google. Whose name comes up as the #1 hit? Wildone!

Think that's just a random chance? Or it just happens because it's a slightly rare phrase? Nope... It isn't. Let's try again, this time with the very common phrase

king of cliffhangers

Just type that into google. Whose name comes up first, worldwide?

Wildone. Again!!

I could make links, but then I'd be accused of cheating somehow. Same with copy and pasting the text. Type it in yourself to remove any doubt.

Is this google-bombing? of course not- many bestselling authors, particularly of horror or suspense, would kill for a google ranking like that for king of cliffhangers. Yet, Wildone is the only author on the planet to make the first page, let alone the #1 slot.

So, I encourage everyone to try it for themselves. It's irrefutable proof that Wildone is the king of cliffhangers (and king of evil cliffhangers) and thus, as head of a vast eeevil conspiracy, is trying to frame me.

The truth is out there for the world to see: Wildone is the King of Cliffhangers!!! Posted Image

When you Google "King of Evil Cliffhangers", be sure to read that first entry. See who the author is? See whose forum it appears in?

I wonder how many times the goat had to do that search, entering "King of Evil Cliffhangers" repeatedly and clicking on the link, to get it to move to the top of the approximately 386,000 results. His little hooves probably still ache.

Try any search engine other than Google. Now, what do you get? Posted Image

Edited by MikeL
  • Site Moderator

I just looked thru 10 pages of listings at yahoo and didn't find anything related to CJ or Wildone.

Same for Bing.

When you stop and look at the topic that comes up, it was a topic started by the author to get Wildone nominated for the Award.

• Site Administrator

When you stop and look at the topic that comes up, it was a topic started by the author to get Wildone nominated for the Award.

And said author is none other than CJames Posted Image

I think in this particular case, I can use the phrase 'I've been framed :o ' and it is a 100% legitimate :)

There shouldn't be an extra week on the current delay - I sent the latest chapter back yesterday (Saturday) which usually gives CJ enough time to get it finalised for the Tuesday.

Don't know about next week though.

I get the feeling that there will be another delay in posting this week. I've not seen the next chapter yet.

I will be sorely pissed if this is so, count on me not replying if this is so!

see live writting does have unforseen delays just be glad this story didn't end up like "Lost in the La Mancha" the movie

perhaps the reason for the delay maybe ... he's all hoofs ... smashing his keyboard

I think the real reason is having fun watching the London 2012 ... so perhaps the story will continue after

you know hooking up with the 21\22 gays athletes ...

convincing the O-Committee on the next Event to add the Goats Diving Event

Posted Image

Revese summer-salt with triple twist in a goat eating shark

Posted Image

Edited by hh5

Just a fast note on my way to work: assuming no internet outages, the chapter will post sometime today. (I think Jan is referring to the following chapter, which I should complete today... he's definitely seen Dead Man's Hand, today's chapter.).

When you Google "King of Evil Cliffhangers", be sure to read that first entry. See who the author is? See whose forum it appears in?

I wonder how many times the goat had to do that search, entering "King of Evil Cliffhangers" repeatedly and clicking on the link, to get it to move to the top of the approximately 386,000 results. His little hooves probably still ache.

Try any search engine other than Google. Now, what do you get? Posted Image

Actually, I doubt that one person entering the search over and over would have any effect. The google algorithm doesn't work that way because it would be too easy to alter your rankings.It's have to be entered by a lof of people to take hold.

I can say for a fact that I have entered that search, at most, five times over the past year, mainly just to see how it's doing. .

Interesting that Yahoo, Bing, etc, Don't seem to recognize Wildone...

I just looked thru 10 pages of listings at yahoo and didn't find anything related to CJ or Wildone.

Same for Bing.

And as google confirms, Wildone is deserving of the award!!

And said author is none other than CJames Posted Image

I think in this particular case, I can use the phrase 'I've been framed Posted Image ' and it is a 100% legitimate Posted Image

Good luck with that... it never works for me. :P

see live writting does have unforseen delays just be glad this story didn't end up like "Lost in the La Mancha" the movie

perhaps the reason for the delay maybe ... he's all hoofs ... smashing his keyboard

I think the real reason is having fun watching the London 2012 ... so perhaps the story will continue after

you know hooking up with the 21\22 gays athletes ...

convincing the O-Committee on the next Event to add the Goats Diving Event

Posted Image

Revese summer-salt with triple twist in a goat eating shark

Posted Image

Yes, typing with hooves is hard! Pitty my poor, overworked team... (seriously, they do have to put up with a lot)

I wish I was off having fun... though last week I did have a business trip, mostly it's just been super hectic lately.

I think I'd prefer the goat diving without the shark!

I stand corrected.

I think that the chapter numbering system may be to blame here. The chapter to post in a few minutes is AUD97, but Australian maths are tricky for anyone not from down under. Perhaps you've raised a good point, and we should revert to northern hemisphere math for the remaining few chapters?

Okay, let's toss that out for a general question to all; to make things easier on Talonrider (and everyone else not from Australia), should we revert to northern hemispheric mathematics (abandoning the current aussie maths system) now? I was going to wait until the story focus returned to the northern hemisphere in a couple of chapters, but we could do it sooner?

Hrmm, we change now, chapter AUD97 becomes chapter L6....

BTW, a chapter should be appearing inside of five miniutes, internet permitting. :)

I think that the chapter numbering system may be to blame here. The chapter to post in a few minutes is AUD97, but Australian maths are tricky for anyone not from down under. Perhaps you've raised a good point, and we should revert to northern hemisphere math for the remaining few chapters?

Okay, let's toss that out for a general question to all; to make things easier on Talonrider (and everyone else not from Australia), should we revert to northern hemispheric mathematics (abandoning the current aussie maths system) now? I was going to wait until the story focus returned to the northern hemisphere in a couple of chapters, but we could do it sooner?

Hrmm, we change now, chapter AUD97 becomes chapter L6....

Told ya!

But.... Frog, I'm just trying to help Talonrider, who is more comfortable with northern hemispheric math.... surely that's something we can all agree on? In any case, the changeover would have been soon anyway, because the story focus will soon be returning to the northern hemisphere.

As for our use of Aussie Maths for the chapter numbering while Trevor is down under, I felt that was the least we could do for our Aussie friends for playing host to the story for a while.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..