Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+41) Full Circle

Oh my gosh. I cant thank you enough for that link. I had searched for several years for a sailing company that did what the Windjammer group did and gave up. I just went to the web site and all but the Yankee Clipper are there plus some and the voyage we took is there and I know I am rambling but I just cant express how much I appreciate it. If anybody else is reading my post, I can tell you, you wont experience any thing more thrilling and fun than to do a cruise on one of these sailing ships. Nothing compares. Thanks MikeL for putting that out there. If I can ever return the favor I will.

To clear up any confusion: the narration is always to be trusted on which boat is which. Atlantis is Atlantis. Kookoburra is Kookoburra (or earlier, Ares). In dialog, that's the character's opinion, but narration has to be right.

Which, if flipped upright for Northern Hemisphere readers, becomes chapter LW. Doesn't compute, goat.

But, M7 *is* the northern hemisphiric version. If we return to Aussie maths, yes, it would be LW down there, but M7 up here. I think it's clear; you just don't understand Aussie maths.

Ah yes, long wave aka LW. The home of Empire Broadcasting when long waves were supposed to go a long way, and short waves a short way. At that point you'd have been laughed out of court for suggesting that short waves could go around the world, let alone 1,000,000 miles per watt of power. Another fine episode, still no nasty end for Bridget but I suppose we can't have everything!

I'm in a similar position today; certain people (glances at MikeL) are skeptical of the translation system I use between Aussie maths and northern hemisphiric math. Posted Image

Absolutely brilliant chapter! I literally jumped for joy in the last section when the guys in the powerboat thought kookaburra had blown up but was actually sailing away! Love it! I can't wait to see what happens next!

It's a good thing I included that final paragraph, isn't it? Otherwise, some might have implied that it was a cliffy. :)

It gets better and better. Bridget thinks she is so smart! She has been outsmarted this time.

She outsmarted herself this time. :)

Great job ya ornery goat.

Who> Me? Ornery? Posted Image

Wow. Very tricky stuff. The novel might be called "Switched" instead of "Circumnavigation". The true identities of the two boats have been in doubt since the beginning of the the story. Very handy that Greg Fowler was aboard the decoy boat. His input and activities have certainly contributed to the survival of both boats. If the good guys were uncertain of Brigid's survival, there is no longer any doubt. She's clearly out to sink both boats. Thanks for a great chapter, CJ.

Yep, she's out to destroy that tape, plus any potential witnesses.

Fowler, as we've seen, has an interest in WWII naval history. So, he was well aware of the tactical uses that can be made of both radar, and rain showers. Plus, they were in the Coral Sea, so I'm sure the tactical use of rain squalls there was very much on his mind; the Japanese Fleet Carrier Zuikaku hid under a rain squall there, which let her survive the battle of the Coral Sea (She and another carrier had been pounced by a heavy strike from Yorktown, and had only about a dozen planes up on CAP).

Awesome chapter!!! Still no death and destruction of Bridget but I'll happily settle for the Kookaburra being saved! Let's hope the Atlantis survives as well. It is a shame that the Fantome was destroyed, she looked to be a beautiful ship. I think I may have seen pictures of her before, when I was searching for large sailing vessels on line. Fowler is a good policeman, I think he should get an award when this is all said and done. Shane in drag was a hoot, and I do wonder what his revenge will be....

Shane will definitly find a way to get Trevor for that. But, Trevor knows his nickname. :)

Feints and counter feints, but luck was on the side of Rachel and Fowler. When the kooky kid almost pressed the button on the signal device, I almost passed out. Shane and Trev are clueless. Hopefully, the witch remains clueless for at least a while as well. The issue of the paper that carries part 2 of the story is going to be an eyeopener and will cause problems. Hopefully, it will cause things to come to a head for the evil villains of the piece well before Shane and Trev reach the Panama Canal Zone. Still a lot of loose ends to tie up...

Yep, Bonzer almost blew Kookoburra, and all aboard, to bits. Those are two huge bombs, and it's very fortunate that Fowler found one, and stopped Bonzer from pressing the button. :)

Great chapter, loved the ambush by Fowler upon the power boat, the goat sure loves his fire extinguishers. I wonder how long the Kookaburra can remain hidden? It will remain a big story after the Sunday's edition comes out. It was a blessing in disguise that Bridget read the on-line version and halted the order until they were sure, now the kookaburra can stay hidden, the longer the better. The two guys on the powerboat have no idea they are going to be leading the police back to Greys favorite lair. One of the officers who had gone aboard in Melbourne – the one with some knowledge of forensics – had made impressions of the borrowed keys, and the copies had been cut from those. As a result, the fit was less than perfect, and had required a good deal of jiggling and forcing in Brisbane. Unfortunately I have forgotten in Melborne or how the keys got borrowed I'm guessing Martin and Fowler owe Trevor a new zodiac.

The police borrowed the keys to check Atlantis, after the concern caused by Trevor and Shane's unexpected driver (Gray).

On the Zodiac; you're close. :)

Great chapter! And interesting story about Fantome - I actually went online and googled it. Surprise that there is so little about this.

She's well known in some circles. A tragic story, and a cautionary note that storms can be unpredictible. It was the storm's ever-changing forcast track that led her to the actions that doomed her. Windjammer cruises went down with her; she was self-insured by them.

Wow, you not only got the press and bad guys confused with that one - I'll have to reread Big partof the story to See which boat is which - and which it is supposed to be..... But anyway the most important part is, that the bomb was disarmed :)

At least until it blew up. :)

Got to love the twists and turns. Did you blowup the Zodiac? Hope Gary enjoys his wealth for a day or two :)

I wonder if it will occur to Gray that Bridget does not accept failure well? (Remember Basingstoke's demise? Bridget contracted Gray for that.).

Great chapter CJ :2thumbs: Yay Bonzer and Bluey :D Obviously they did a few things that the 'elders' probably wouldn't be able to do themselves. I guess credit does go to Fowler and the resources of the Australian Customs Service and now the Australian Navy as well for their involvement. I have to say that I'm so excited right now :) The fact that Fowler discovered and got rid of the bomb on Kookabura, now has heightened the grave danger that both Trevor and Shane are in. I don't foresee them leaving New Zealand without an entire sweep of Atlantis with a careful inspection of the mast and hull and every other nook and cranny. I'm sure with the Osprey (I believe that is what is was) knowing the digital signatures of the phones, they have tracked and got a lock on Gray's cell phone as well. I'm sure it won't be long before Gray is facing the full force of Australian law enforcement and forgetting about wondering when Bridget will be sending his money. Hopefully they are somehow able to trace the calls from and to Gray from his cell phone from Bridget and then the US Coast Guard/Military will take out Bridget before the guys even leave NZ. So many things are coming together, I'm giddy :D . At one point, I finally thought after 140 chapters that I had guessed something right. Last chapter I made this post. Unfortunately I thought Gray had the diver under his employ, but it was another officer that is on the sly, the one doing the boat search with forensics knowledge. At least we know there is crooked cops in Australia too. Close but no cigar :Steve2: Thanks again CJ!!!!

You were right on both: The police officer (the forensics guy) and the diver were in Gray's employ.

The US authorities can't touch Bridget in the Bahamas, for the exact same reason they couldn't take out the even more glaring Norman's Cay operation mentioned in the story; Bridget has the connivance of some of the local authorities. :)

Wow! Now that's what I call a chapter. Things are really moving fast now. I was especially happy to see that Bridget's own decisions helped to protect Kookaburra and the family from disaster. Also sounds like Greg Fowler is a good guy to have as a brother-in-law and uncle. I'm still wondering about the second half of Moorcroft's story coming out next Sunday. There's gotta be something about it that is going to cause more trouble down the line. Great read, C.J.! Thanks, now can't wait for the next chapter. Damn, what are we going to do when it's all over? Hope you've got another story on the boards!

Bridget indeed saved the day. :)

Fowler too; he drew heavily on his knowledge of WWII naval tactics and also of radar. It never occured to the bad guys that their radar and superior speed could be used against them.

Lets Here It For The Good Guys YEA, A Great Chapter Such A Lot Of Action And Nail Biting Happings, All Of It Starting To Happen Faster Each Chapter I Am Really Looking Forward To The Next One. Thanks Again For AN AMAZING Story

Things are starting to look up; Bridget's Australian hirelings are in hot water. :)

Moorcraft's next expose will be that he found the copies of the asset list, that is what Bridget is dreading and what will trigger her into a all in go out and kill Trevor mode. She will not have much interest in the Kookaburra after that, it is Trevor she will seek. Because if he has the asset list she believes he has the video as well. It would destroy her and the cartel if known about the tape. So far Trevor and Shane have kept quiet about the tape and the gold, but with the release of the asset list, Bridget can only conclude they also found the tape.

And let's not forget, Moorcroft found out that Trevor was trying to copy a tape in Cairns. :)

You're right; once Bridget discerns that Trevor has the tape, she has no further interest in Kookoburra/Ares. She's after Atlantis and all aboard, and this time, it's no holds barred.

Just another great double chapter. I also loved hearing about Fantome again. My wife and I were actually on her the year before for cruise. Then about6 years later we had another cruise with the same line on the Yankee Clipper. Right after that the company went out of business and it broke my heart because those were the two most enjoyable and memorable vacations of my life. I would love to know where the Yankee Clipper ended up, if you happen to know. Anyway, I really loved the way you got that bomb deal out of the way, and cant wait to read the next installment. I hope Gray gets caught if Fowler was able to have the calls traced. I also cant wait to see Bridgette the B get hers too. I cant say enough I love this story.

Looks like Mike (thanks Mike!) found Yankee Clipper. I *Think* I saw her in Barbados in 2009, not positive. There was one who looked like her moored next to the bigger 5-master, Royal Clipper I think.

BTW, the next chapter title is "Commands from Afar"

CJ :)

Which, if flipped upright for Northern Hemisphere readers, becomes chapter LW. Doesn't compute, goat.

But, M7 *is* the northern hemisphiric version. If we return to Aussie maths, yes, it would be LW down there, but M7 up here. I think it's clear; you just don't understand Aussie maths.

It's true. Posted Image I've always had trouble understanding things which don't exist.

• Site Administrator

Yep, Bonzer almost blew Kookoburra, and all aboard, to bits. Those are two huge bombs, and it's very fortunate that Fowler found one, and stopped Bonzer from pressing the button. Posted Image

I'm confused :o . I do believe that two bombs were planted on Kookabura hulls. You say Fowler only found one. Do you mean the other on Atlantis, or did they only find the one bomb on the one hull on Kookabura? :unsure:

The US authorities can't touch Bridget in the Bahamas, for the exact same reason they couldn't take out the even more glaring Norman's Cay operation mentioned in the story; Bridget has the connivance of some of the local authorities. Posted Image

I seem to recall that the US authorities didn't need permission to go into Pakistan to get Osama Bin Laden either 0:)

It's about time that Bridget and her paid minions started to get screwed around. I don't feel sorry for Gray. I don't feel sorry for Bridget. CJ's maneuvering them into their own worst nightmares, I think. (I hope!)

Great chapter. Looking forward to the next.

Colin B)

It's a good thing I included that final paragraph, isn't it? Otherwise, some might have implied that it was a cliffy. ../..//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

I'm surprised such a thought even crossed your mind. Your aversion to cliffs has been well documented on this very forum...

LF

Oh no!!!

Gray from the last chapter "The netting in it makes sure it stays put. The diver stuck the flexboard side on with epoxy, right up from each keel. Twenty-five kilos of high explosive for each hull. The trigger is radio for one, shock for the other." Looks like we still have 25kilos of bomb on board.Posted Image Let's hope they avoid all tidal waves or lightening, or maybe they will just go in circles due to the asymmetric hulls...

Thanks for the clues CJ... Awesome chapter!

It's true. Posted Image I've always had trouble understanding things which don't exist.

Are you saying that you don't think Australians use maths??

I'm confused Posted Image . I do believe that two bombs were planted on Kookabura hulls. You say Fowler only found one. Do you mean the other on Atlantis, or did they only find the one bomb on the one hull on Kookabura? Posted Image

I seem to recall that the US authorities didn't need permission to go into Pakistan to get Osama Bin Laden either Posted Image

True on Bin Laden... but Bridget isn't quite that wanted. :)

No need to worry on the confusion on the bombs. Yes, two were planted, and he clearly found one. So, nothing to worry about. :)

It's about time that Bridget and her paid minions started to get screwed around. I don't feel sorry for Gray. I don't feel sorry for Bridget. CJ's maneuvering them into their own worst nightmares, I think. (I hope!)

Great chapter. Looking forward to the next.

Colin Posted Image

Bridget might have stress headaches soon. :)

I'm surprised such a thought even crossed your mind. Your aversion to cliffs has been well documented on this very forum...

LF

It wasn't me who even thought of doing such a nefarious thing. :P

Oh no!!!

Gray from the last chapter "The netting in it makes sure it stays put. The diver stuck the flexboard side on with epoxy, right up from each keel. Twenty-five kilos of high explosive for each hull. The trigger is radio for one, shock for the other." Looks like we still have 25kilos of bomb on board.Posted Image Let's hope they avoid all tidal waves or lightening, or maybe they will just go in circles due to the asymmetric hulls...

Thanks for the clues CJ... Awesome chapter!

No need to worry; that's a big boat, so the asymmetry of something that size wouldn't cause much of a problem with steering. :)

Thanks CJ. A very exciting chapter.

It was a fun one to write. I enjoyed it the same way I did Bridget's escape from Florida, due to the action and tactics.

I can't wait for Moorcroft's story to come out. Bridget needs to know she's about to be ......

Or, might it trigger her to move in force? :)

• 6 months later...

Bridget how do I hate thee let me count the ways!

Also good to see that her luck maybe running out.

Was so good to see Gray out smarted hoping he gets some parallel pin strip!

Great chapter loved it

Bridget how do I hate thee let me count the ways!

Also good to see that her luck maybe running out.

Was so good to see Gray out smarted hoping he gets some parallel pin strip!

Great chapter loved it

B) .............I'm somewhat envious that you are behind so far in this story, as a reader follower of this saga of almost 3 years, I cannot tell you how excruciating it is to get the final chapters in a timely manner. The goat is surely evil!

Edited by Benji

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..