Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+42) Commands From Afar

Commands From Afar is up! (it might take up to a minute after this post to appear).

Please let me know what you think be it good, bad, or mixed.

Also please note; the google map linked at the chapter top is interactive, so you can zoom it around to look at various spots or different areas. if you like,

And, a bit of news; by this time next week, I'll be able to start a countdown, because I will know exactly how many chapter remain. That number won't change (before now, it's been guesses on my part, atrociously bad guesses as it turned out, the current guess being 5). I'll be able to do this because, all being well, I'll have a full draft that goes all the way to the two final chapters, which were written before the story began posting.

CJ :)

• Like 1

Enjoyed this chapter...sorry to see the end coming so closely. I assume Lisa and Joel are still being yelled at...LOL!!! I can't wait to see what cruel fate awaits Bridget!!! I hope it's slow and painful!!!

Bridget is nervous and hopefully as the cartel begins to become aware that she has not solved the "problem" which she already promised that it was solved, they will begin to make her life a little more intense.Posted Image Just wishin'!

Bridget is nervous and hopefully as the cartel begins to become aware that she has not solved the "problem" which she already promised that it was solved, they will begin to make her life a little more intense.Posted Image Just wishin'!

I think the cartel will also figure out that she caused the problem by her double dealing.

Edited by MikeL

I was wondering how the explosion was pulled off...Posted Image now I know!

Like eveyone else I wonder how Bridgit will meet her end. Somehow I don't think she will be fallng towards the ground from a plane...not enough gruesomeness for the cartel or your faithful readers! Posted Image

Thanks CJ and team!

I have been silently addicted to this story for as long as everyone else and figured I'd better speak up before it's over. You are a brilliant writer, CJames, and I can't thank you enough for the years of entertainment your stories have given me.

I imagine you already know how things will end with Circumnavigation....who knows, maybe you've even already written the end. Nevertheless, I have to strongly disagree with everyone who wants to see Bridgit die a gruesome death. Bridgit is far too brilliant to just kill her off after only one (albeit very long and very excellent) novel. If the Scar was worthy of a sequel (and he most certainly was), Bridgit deserves to star in at least two more books after this one!

My hope is that in the sequel, Bridget will murder Lisa and Shane, this way Joel will be free to realize he's actually been gay all along, and he and Trev will finally get together.

In all seriousness, Joel and Trevor had the most amazing chemistry during the time when they were in the Mediterranean together. To this day, I'm still traumatized that the two of them didn't end up together. I guess I keep hoping maybe there's a lot of stuff the narrator hasn't told us about the extent of Joel's inner turmoil. Like enough stuff to fill up a whole new book, the sequel to Circumnavigation, where Joel marries Trevor instead of Lisa and they live happily ever after. Sure, I can see it now.....

-Michael

• Like 1

I think the cartel will also figure out that she caused the problem by her double dealing.

Posted Image ................ I'm sure that Bridget is so self-centered she doesn't realize that her office is bugged and that Xavier is feeding intel to the others in the cartel. She is so wrapped up in herself over the tape and asset list that she doesn't realize the others in the cartel are watching her and the Australian news. Posted Image She is digging her own grave and doesn't even know it, besides Xavier would be a perfect replacement for her chair!

• Site Administrator

I have been silently addicted to this story for as long as everyone else and figured I'd better speak up before it's over. You are a brilliant writer, CJames, and I can't thank you enough for the years of entertainment your stories have given me.

I imagine you already know how things will end with Circumnavigation....who knows, maybe you've even already written the end. Nevertheless, I have to strongly disagree with everyone who wants to see Bridgit die a gruesome death. Bridgit is far too brilliant to just kill her off after only one (albeit very long and very excellent) novel. If the Scar was worthy of a sequel (and he most certainly was), Bridgit deserves to star in at least two more books after this one!

My hope is that in the sequel, Bridget will murder Lisa and Shane, this way Joel will be free to realize he's actually been gay all along, and he and Trev will finally get together.

In all seriousness, Joel and Trevor had the most amazing chemistry during the time when they were in the Mediterranean together. To this day, I'm still traumatized that the two of them didn't end up together. I guess I keep hoping maybe there's a lot of stuff the narrator hasn't told us about the extent of Joel's inner turmoil. Like enough stuff to fill up a whole new book, the sequel to Circumnavigation, where Joel marries Trevor instead of Lisa and they live happily ever after. Sure, I can see it now.....

-Michael

When I first read this I was :o then I started :gikkle: . How dare you suggest Shane and Lisa be killed off :P

Great Chapter CJ :2thumbs:

Did the guys mention what they did with the tracking device upon Atlantis :unsure: . Gray mentioned that he had just got a ping so that must mean that it is still aboard. I'm assuming the Bridget's band of merry men are departing for NZ about the same time that Trevor and Shane are parking (or is it mooring, damn nautical terms). If Trev and Shane leave the same night, I imagine they will be long gone from NZ by the time the goons get there. The thing is, what will they do with the tracking device? I may suggest putting it on a slow boat to China, as that would definitely throw Bridget and Gray for a loop.

Oh, speaking of Gray, I have a feeling his contract and life is soon to be terminated by some visitors from the Bahama's via New Zealand. 0:)

When I first read this I was Posted Image then I started Posted Image . How dare you suggest Shane and Lisa be killed off Posted Image

Great Chapter CJ Posted Image

Did the guys mention what they did with the tracking device upon Atlantis Posted Image . Gray mentioned that he had just got a ping so that must mean that it is still aboard. I'm assuming the Bridget's band of merry men are departing for NZ about the same time that Trevor and Shane are parking (or is it mooring, damn nautical terms). If Trev and Shane leave the same night, I imagine they will be long gone from NZ by the time the goons get there. The thing is, what will they do with the tracking device? I may suggest putting it on a slow boat to China, as that would definitely throw Bridget and Gray for a loop.

Oh, speaking of Gray, I have a feeling his contract and life is soon to be terminated by some visitors from the Bahama's via New Zealand. Posted Image

Posted Image ..................The guys did not find the tracking device, I'm sure Fowler will have the Australian Navy do another sweep before they leave. Perhaps putting it on board another boat headed for the Suez canal! Posted Image

• Site Administrator

You are correct my Las Vegas friend :D they did not find the tracker, maybe it was hopeful thinking on my part

Great chapter, a fun read. But Bridget is back in her game of Trevor-chasing. The tracking device is hard to find because it broadcasts so seldom. It's going to take some luck (and some clever plotting by our resident Goat) for it to be found.

One way to end Circumnavigation is to have Bridget's demise clouded by failure to find her body (regardless of how she's done away with). Then the sequel to Circumnavigation can start with a vengeful and bankrupt Bridget (her funds all taken by the Cartel) trying to find a way to off Trevor and Shane. Michael (mg777) suggests, there are clever ways to get Trevor and Joel together, but I'm afraid that Joel is firmly in the straight-boy camp. So sad. But if Lisa and Shane aren't killed off, we still have a juicy plot of Trevor and Shane being chased by Bridget who is being chased by the Cartel which is being chased by the FBI and other U.S. agencies and Joel and Lisa are fumbling around putting Trevor and Shane in danger. Who knows? The Goat knows!

Colin Posted Image

Edited by colinian
  • Site Moderator

Posted Image ..................The guys did not find the tracking device, I'm sure Fowler will have the Australian Navy do another sweep before they leave. Perhaps putting it on board another boat headed for the Suez canal! Posted Image

Now there's a thought. Put the tracker on board a US Navy ship and send it thru the canal instead when it's time for Atlantis to go thru.

Our author's spider web continues to spin this Halloween evening. We loved the visuals.Posted Image

We think that our new hero Fowler will conclude that the boys are hiding something and his search will uncover a lot of things, like the gold, guns and tape. This will go viral and Bridget will then be at the mercy of the Cartel.Posted Image We also think the homing beacon will be found by the Navy and the kids can live happily ever after...Posted Image

We wonder who the mystery person with the cell phone connection in Cairns could be. Could there be some other foolery afoot?

We really liked the imbedded pictures which our intrepid author so kindly included. We really like picture stories!

Thanks again CJ, you are KING!Posted Image

• Site Administrator

I don't want to be a spoil sport :( but I guess I'm equally guilty of thinking that the US government or military will get involved. I guess when I think logically, would the US military get involved in one citizen's endangerment from a Drug Lord (Bridget) ? I could see the DEA or Coast Gaurd having an interest, but their authority would really end outside of US Territorial waters. The Panama canal is not under the control of the US (even though they did go in and get Noriega out of Panama for drug charges in the US) but overall, would Trevor and to no extent Shane, even be on the radar of the US Navy or any branch of the Armed Services?

The sad fact is that I don't think the US patrol ships patrolling off the coast of Somalia are there for private US citizens, but more for the large cargo, tanker traffic whose cargo and ships are in the millions of dollars. Sad to realize, but also a fact :(

The more I think about it, I see two options. First is the tape is turned over to the authorities who then could turn their attention on the Cartel who would then turn their attention on Bridget and putting a stop to her nonsense, or for Trevor to find the transmitter and actually go south, around the tip of South America.

But then again, the Goat has proven me wrong many times before :)

I still believe that Bridget has plans for the cartel. Her character has to be the most complex in the story and her motivations while seeming to be directed towards one thing are often multi- faceted. She's a clever and vindictive antagonist. So though Trevor and Shane must beware of her machinations, the cartel must also beware that they have a viper in their midst. The story has been a treat from beginning to now. CJ is a master at keeping us all enthralled over the last 36 months. Tuesdays wont seem the same when it all ends.

Another great read CJ

Cheers

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..