Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+44) Prelude to Betrayal

Logic would say since the last chapter was Prelude to Betrayal and the one releasing next Tuesday is Betrayal, that someone in the first chapter would be betrayed by someone in that chapter as well.

Unfortunately with the Goat, all logic goes out the window Posted Image

There is so many options and any could be right. If we take the literal meaning of the title then I think this needs to be a huge betrayal.

The one that is now in the forefront of my mind is Julie and Trevor. Trevor trusted Julie implicitly while growing up. He allowed her on Atlantis and go where he went. She introduced him to Bridget. I have a feeling that Julie was Bridget's spy on Trevor while he was younger. Is it a coincidence that she decided to move to Tahiti once Trevor was turning 17 and be searching the Bimini coast again for his mother. At this age, I'm sure Trevor was now expendable to both Bridget and Julie much the same as Bridget's daughter was Posted Image .

So many different possibilities I'm sure I will change my mind over the next week Posted Image

I'm really not sure where this idea comes from that Bridget killed her own daughter.Posted Image Her actions in the earlier part of the story certainly contradict this.... Quote: Bridget said, walking over to the mantle and gently picking up a black-framed photo, whose subject bore a superficial resemblance to Lisa. “It’s been so many years now, but it still hurts,” Bridget said, in a choked whisper. Then she returned her dead daughter’s photo to its place, and said in a firm tone. “I shall do what I can; I just hope that it is enough.” I think Bridget certainly seeks revenge for her daughters death The quote above seems to confirm itPosted Image . As I mentioned before betrayal is a very interesting concept The dictionary even mentions that it could involve a plot twist.

Julie seems the obvious choice for a betrayal but you never know with CJPosted Image

I'm really not sure where this idea comes from that Bridget killed her own daughter.Posted Image Her actions in the earlier part of the story certainly contradict this.... Quote: Bridget said, walking over to the mantle and gently picking up a black-framed photo, whose subject bore a superficial resemblance to Lisa. “It’s been so many years now, but it still hurts,” Bridget said, in a choked whisper. Then she returned her dead daughter’s photo to its place, and said in a firm tone. “I shall do what I can; I just hope that it is enough.” I think Bridget certainly seeks revenge for her daughters death The quote above seems to confirm itPosted Image . As I mentioned before betrayal is a very interesting concept The dictionary even mentions that it could involve a plot twist.

Julie seems the obvious choice for a betrayal but you never know with CJPosted Image

Could Bridget possibly be considered two-faced?

• Site Administrator

I was going from Chapter 130: Dead Man's Hand where Arnold revealed on the VCR tape:

“Bridget is responsible for our daughter’s death. Bridget and I made our fortune on cocaine, for Bridget was dealing it when we met in college. After we married, I focused on my law career while Bridget focused on the drug trade. By the time Stacy was in her teens, we were both very successful, though our marriage was little more than a shell by that point. Stacy…” Arnold Bellevue winced, a look of anguish on his face, his voice beginning to break, “Stacy became involved with cocaine, which I believe she obtained from some of the people she had gotten to know via Bridget’s dealings. I tried to get her into rehab, but she was away in college and refused. I should have done more. Then one day, I came home to find Bridget in a rage; she said that Stacy was talking about the business to her college roommate, meaning Bridget’s drug-running operation. I don’t know how Bridget knew, though I have my guesses. Two days later, a… a call came in: my beautiful Stacy… was dead from an apparent drug overdose. The autopsy confirmed that it was due to having consumed large amounts of pure uncut cocaine.” Arnold Bellevue winced, his face a mask of anguish. He took a breath, then another, before continuing, his voice now shaky. “Bridget took the news stoically at first. She did show some emotion after a while – for my benefit – but it was too late: I suspected. I investigated, and as a result I think Bridget arranged for Stacy to receive the uncut cocaine, knowing the likely result. Our daughter had become a loose end for Bridget, and that’s Bridget’s way. She’s killed before, and I believe she’s done so again.

“I not only wish to divorce my wife, I want to destroy her even if it means destroying myself as well, to avenge my daughter. However, that is not enough, for she did not act alone. The drug cartel of which my wife is a part is responsible too, for they are wrecking countless lives. They are merchants of death in the truest sense. For Stacy, and countless others, they must all pay. That is the purpose of this tape.

For some reason I am willing to take the dead Arnold Bellevue's side of the story more so than Bridget Posted Image

Just to keep the waters churning....What if Julie was Bridget's lacky and she ends up being the one to betray Bridget :D

Interesting concept

Edited by wildone

LOL of course Bridget is two faced...Posted Image I think Arnold had his reasons and motivation to blame Bridget on the tape (which he meant to become public) but Bridget was on her own (In private she had nothing to prove to others) when she expressed her sorrow and desire to "do what she could and hope it was enough".... Grieving parents often blame the other partner but Bridget seems to have an uterior person or persons that she believes she can do something with to get closure. It's the reason I discounted Arnolds speach on the tape.Posted Image

I was going from Chapter 130: Dead Man's Hand where Arnold revealed on the VCR tape:

For some reason I am willing to take the dead Arnold Bellevue's side of the story more so than Bridget Posted Image

Just to keep the waters churning....What if Julie was Bridget's lacky and she ends up being the one to betray Bridget Posted Image

Interesting concept

You know you may be right about Julie betraying BridgetPosted Image Trevor talked about making a copy of the tape and maybe he's thinking Julie has the NTSC machine to do it but if she sees the tape then this is what CJ says will happen... Quote:

"The tape Arnold had created was a weapon, though one bearing two edges; the cartel was strong enough that some of it would largely survive a war with its rivals, though all sides in such a war would suffer. The cartel would, perforce, seek the death of anyone with knowledge of the tape’s contents – or should those contents be revealed, all of the parties responsible would be forever marked for death.

Their culture of revenge and example would tolerate nothing less" Thus Julie, upon viewing the tape, like Trevor and Shane becomes "marked for death" Surely that would give her motivation to betray Bridget and the cartel if she has any clue as to their methods of operation. It will make for interesting reading in the next chapterPosted Image

You know you may be right about Julie betraying BridgetPosted Image Trevor talked about making a copy of the tape and maybe he's thinking Julie has the NTSC machine to do it but if she sees the tape then this is what CJ says will happen... Quote:

"The tape Arnold had created was a weapon, though one bearing two edges; the cartel was strong enough that some of it would largely survive a war with its rivals, though all sides in such a war would suffer. The cartel would, perforce, seek the death of anyone with knowledge of the tape’s contents – or should those contents be revealed, all of the parties responsible would be forever marked for death.

Their culture of revenge and example would tolerate nothing less" Thus Julie, upon viewing the tape, like Trevor and Shane becomes "marked for death" Surely that would give her motivation to betray Bridget and the cartel if she has any clue as to their methods of operation. It will make for interesting reading in the next chapterPosted Image

Posted Image ............... We don't know what Trevor and Shane talked about before heading north, but Trevor had a plan I suspect it was to smoke out problems. I'd guess he now suspects everyone including Grundig and wants to play this out in his hunch. If he no longer has the tracker and only tells Grundig his destination. If Julie greets him and I'm sure she will, which will surprise him he will be on high alert. Think about it, Julie was Bridget's room mate in college and a lifelong friend , if she is part of the cartel, she has the islands she coveted. Trevor will not reveal to here the 'tape' that would be stupid, however the doll comes into play. What if the Aussies blubbed out they found the tape in that doll? Only way I can see that is if Trevor confesses to Fowler about it. But who does he trust right now?

Besides I'd really like to see armor piercing rounds from a 30-06 in action on a boat!! Posted Image

Trevor said before changing course... “We need a copy before sending it to anyone, plus hiding and waiting for the police to do stuff isn’t working". and later “Remember that statue in New Zealand? Wairaka. She saved everybody by doing what she wasn’t supposed to.” Julie may be put in a situation of doing what she wasn't supposed to by viewing the video tape Whether she is a part of the cartel or not it would put her life in jeopardy to have viewed it. Then the boys could force her into betrayal because she is already compromised. Trevor knows that Julie was Bridgets college friend and he probably suspects her of being Bridgets spy on him for years. He says....“There’s something that’s been bothering me for a long time. I’ve been thinking about it more and more since we left Carnarvon, and I’ve been kinda toying with the idea of doing something to find out, but I didn’t want to do anything about it – we didn’t need to, then. I didn’t want to know for sure I guess, but now… if I’m right, it might be the answer.” Further on he says...“I don’t want this to be true, I really don’t, but there’s just one way to find out for sure. If I’m right, I think we’ve got a way to let Bridget get exactly what she wants and end this once and for all. They may force Julie to copy the Tape and then make her give the original to her friend Bridget... Kinda makes sense with all the clues....Posted Image

Three points:

• Trevor definitely has some suspicions. In chapter 142:

"I also think the Maori originally came from what’s now called Raiatea in the Society Islands.”

Trevor shuddered slightly as he heard that name.

Tahiti is the largest of the Society Islands.

• Now I'm wondering about Bridget and her daughter. Yes, as Winemaker pointed out, she does seem to be genuinely sad about it and, yes, she blames "drugs" for it - whatever that means. Now she's about as high in a drugs cartel as it's possible to get. How can those two points be reconciled?

• How on earth is the Goat going to get round the problem of anyone who's seen the tape being marked for death by the remnants of the cartel? I just can't see how they can get round that.
I can't wait for the Goat to get back from his holidays and put us all out of our misery!

I think there is someone among Trevors familiy or friends that is a spion of Bridget - if I read the meaning of the last few paragraphs right.

I'm curious as to what they are going to do (Trevor and Shane)? What are they planning?

And also: Sorry for the Late comment, somehow I missed the notification that Circumnavigation was updated :(

Three points:

• Trevor definitely has some suspicions. In chapter 142:

"I also think the Maori originally came from what’s now called Raiatea in the Society Islands.”

Trevor shuddered slightly as he heard that name.

Tahiti is the largest of the Society Islands.

• Now I'm wondering about Bridget and her daughter. Yes, as Winemaker pointed out, she does seem to be genuinely sad about it and, yes, she blames "drugs" for it - whatever that means. Now she's about as high in a drugs cartel as it's possible to get. How can those two points be reconciled?

• How on earth is the Goat going to get round the problem of anyone who's seen the tape being marked for death by the remnants of the cartel? I just can't see how they can get round that.
I can't wait for the Goat to get back from his holidays and put us all out of our misery!

Tahiti certainly seems to be the destination as per the clues.

2 I've thought for a long time that Bridget has an agenda with the cartel over her daughter's death... What better way to get access to the hierachy that to infiltrate the organisation and set her nepharious plans in action.

3 All the retribution threats involved with the video tape of course depend on the cartel KNOWING that "someone" has seen it. So far only Bridget probably knows that it has been found (via the news article about the assets list) It hasn't been mentioned that the cartel knows so hopefully this leaves the boys clear to get it to Bridget and end things..... It probably wont happen that way of course...

Here's an interesting question. As we know, anyone who views the tape is marked for death. Does that mean Bridget will die also, if and when she gets her hands on it?

I think Bridget is probably the only one of the cartel to know that the tape has even been found LOL I guess she could kill herself over it.
  • Site Administrator

I think there is someone among Trevors familiy or friends that is a spion of Bridget - if I read the meaning of the last few paragraphs right.

I'm curious as to what they are going to do (Trevor and Shane)? What are they planning?

And also: Sorry for the Late comment, somehow I missed the notification that Circumnavigation was updated Posted Image

Don't apologize Ninecila :)

With CJ away and the gliches in the future posting part of the software, automatic updates did not go out :(

Just circle your calender that the next chapter will be releasing next Monday/Tuesday depending on your location :D

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..