Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+50) Countdown to Doomsday

I can't help to think that there is something with the HAGgis that will be the clue that Gonzales and Frank will have lightbulbs go off and come up for a final solution to eliminating Briget and the Cartel in one swoop. If only there was something the would really anger the Bahamian Government to ask for help in the capture and deportation of Bridget to the US. Even if she goes to Cuba, I don't think the Cubans are going to be very cooperative to help out the US.

I'm stumped right now :(

Even if Grundig is part of Bridgets inner circle of contacts, he would be so low level, not much could be done to him to get to her :( .

The only other clues that may help in the end that I can help to think may help is the viewing of the tape by Gonzales and Tittle, the brick of gold Arnold left behind, the doll left behind and the 30-06 rifle. I still think the Haggis receipe is he final piece of the puzzle that is needed.

The only other possibility could be that Trevor or Shane missed something in the fake beam in Kookabura. Possibly if the boys tell Uncle Greg to have Ned remove the beam and the find something else (like a code breaking sheet) there may be hope yet.

Thanks for the chapter again CJ :2thumbs:

B) ................I agree that the Hagis recipe is still another clue, why else would Arnold include it?

Edited by Benji

I can't help to think that there is something with the HAGgis that will be the clue that Gonzales and Frank will have lightbulbs go off and come up for a final solution to eliminating Briget and the Cartel in one swoop. If only there was something the would really anger the Bahamian Government to ask for help in the capture and deportation of Bridget to the US. Even if she goes to Cuba, I don't think the Cubans are going to be very cooperative to help out the US.

I'm stumped right now :(

Even if Grundig is part of Bridgets inner circle of contacts, he would be so low level, not much could be done to him to get to her :( .

The only other clues that may help in the end that I can help to think may help is the viewing of the tape by Gonzales and Tittle, the brick of gold Arnold left behind, the doll left behind and the 30-06 rifle. I still think the Haggis receipe is he final piece of the puzzle that is needed.

The only other possibility could be that Trevor or Shane missed something in the fake beam in Kookabura. Possibly if the boys tell Uncle Greg to have Ned remove the beam and the find something else (like a code breaking sheet) there may be hope yet.

Thanks for the chapter again CJ :2thumbs:

As the Haggis was the clue :ph34r:  to find the tape I can't see why Gonzales and Tittle would even bother looking at it again.. :) as the tape was the goal of the clues. Though it was mentioned that there could be more clues involved... The "Roast" part never made sense, though it may have been Arnold having a dig at Bridget and letting it be known that he wanted her dead :yes: . The doll on the other hand is mysterious... (A link to both Arnold and Stacy) Both dead by maybe Bridgets hand... It would seem like justice :evil:  if something linked to them both :hug:  had a role in Bridgets ultimate downfall  :devil:

As the Haggis was the clue :ph34r:  to find the tape I can't see why Gonzales and Tittle would even bother looking at it again.. :) as the tape was the goal of the clues. Though it was mentioned that there could be more clues involved... The "Roast" part never made sense, though it may have been Arnold having a dig at Bridget and letting it be known that he wanted her dead :yes: . The doll on the other hand is mysterious... (A link to both Arnold and Stacy) Both dead by maybe Bridgets hand... It would seem like justice :evil:  if something linked to them both :hug:  had a role in Bridgets ultimate downfall  :devil:

B) ............. The doll was a ruse, a false lead as Arnold explained, the unexplained hinges are a mystery though, perhaps to indicate that some clue was hinged to something else?  Yes, it was mentioned that there could be other clues, but most were destroyed when Bridget's house went up. What is Arnold had added a safety deposit key to the ones Trevor found that he paid a lease for twenty years, what if he added a 2nd tape to that?  Those keys were never really discussed afterwards, other that he sent them to Jim and his father.

B) ............. The doll was a ruse, a false lead as Arnold explained, the unexplained hinges are a mystery though, perhaps to indicate that some clue was hinged to something else?  Yes, it was mentioned that there could be other clues, but most were destroyed when Bridget's house went up. What is Arnold had added a safety deposit key to the ones Trevor found that he paid a lease for twenty years, what if he added a 2nd tape to that?  Those keys were never really discussed afterwards, other that he sent them to Jim and his father.

Arnold also mentions "other" things at his office??? The doll was "a false lead to the tape" but Arnold was anxious that bridget have it and we know by what was said on the tape that his intention was to destroy Bridget :)

Just wondering...... If a character says that another is dead does that nessesarily mean that they are truthfully dead?? or is it only when the narrator says that they are dead???? A couple of thoughts.... Stacy... and Lisas mum?

• Site Administrator

CJ has said in the past that we can rest assured that anything the narrator says is true. Only what the characters say or feel can be brought into question.

Although hard to admit, I believe CJ would never break this golden rule of narration :)

CJ has said in the past that we can rest assured that anything the narrator says is true. Only what the characters say or feel can be brought into question.

Although hard to admit, I believe CJ would never break this golden rule of narration :)

B) .............At this point in the story, I have only one concern of it, that anybody that has viewed the tape is marked for death by the cartel. So says the narrator,  we all know know that Trevor and Shane have seen the tape. But the only one that truly believes that they did is Bridget, and she cannot be so sure either. Nothing was leaked to the American authorities about the tape except to Gonzales, and of course Tittle. So far nothing back to the Australian people either, interesting that the narrator was specific, but said IF IT WERE KNOWN that he tape was viewed by others they would be at risk of death. So far nobody else knows besides Trevor and Shane except Gonzales and Tittle yet they only heard the audio. If the cartel is aware of the safety deposit keys and the 'tape' is found in one of them, who will they believe? Courtesy of the Feds, leaking information.Xavier, is not in Bridget's court II believe, and will not help her out. 

So I eagerly await the next chapter!

Just wondering...... If a character says that another is dead does that nessesarily mean that they are truthfully dead?? or is it only when the narrator says that they are dead???? A couple of thoughts.... Stacy... and Lisas mum?

Lisa's mother is still alive, though Lisa hates her.

Stacy (Bridget's daughter) is mentioned as dead in narration though a very long way back.

The narrator cannot lie. If the narrator says something, it is true, unless it's something along the lines of stating a charachter's opinion. Such as "Joel thought the head gasket looked fine." That would not mean it's a fact, though if the line read, "the head gasket was fine" then it's fact. 

True! :) 

B) .............At this point in the story, I have only one concern of it, that anybody that has viewed the tape is marked for death by the cartel. So says the narrator,  we all know know that Trevor and Shane have seen the tape. But the only one that truly believes that they did is Bridget, and she cannot be so sure either. Nothing was leaked to the American authorities about the tape except to Gonzales, and of course Tittle. So far nothing back to the Australian people either, interesting that the narrator was specific, but said IF IT WERE KNOWN that he tape was viewed by others they would be at risk of death. So far nobody else knows besides Trevor and Shane except Gonzales and Tittle yet they only heard the audio. If the cartel is aware of the safety deposit keys and the 'tape' is found in one of them, who will they believe? Courtesy of the Feds, leaking information.Xavier, is not in Bridget's court II believe, and will not help her out. 

So I eagerly await the next chapter!

The narrative appeared in "Dead Man's Hand" and was, 

The tape Arnold had created was a weapon, though one bearing two edges; the cartel was strong enough that some of it would largely survive a war with its rivals, though all sides in such a war would suffer. The cartel would, perforce, seek the death of anyone with knowledge of the tape’s contents – or should those contents be revealed, all of the parties responsible would be forever marked for death.

Their culture of revenge and example would tolerate nothing less.

If the contents are revealed, all of those responsible will be forever marked for death (by the cartel). Not just Bridget, but the entire cartel. And that's narration, so it is true.

Would handing over to tape to the authorities be revealing it? Yes.

Is hearing the audio knowledge of the contents? Yes.

But, Trevor and Shane are ALREADY marked for death, so this is nothing to worry about. :)

Now some bad news; the earliest the chapter will appear is Tuesday (I usually post it Monday night, right about now, but can't)

Stacy (Bridget's daughter) is mentioned as dead in narration though a very long way back.

The narrator cannot lie. If the narrator says something, it is true, unless it's something along the lines of stating a charachter's opinion. Such as "Joel thought the head gasket looked fine." That would not mean it's a fact, though if the line read, "the head gasket was fine" then it's fact. 

Thanks for clearing that up CJ :)  As I could only find references to Stacys' death by characters in the story and because of Lisas resemblance to her, I thought that maybe she (Stacy)had somehow faked her death and moved into witness protection or something.....  I notice that no mention was made of the doll.. ;)

Cheers

• Site Administrator

True! :)

The narrative appeared in "Dead Man's Hand" and was, 

If the contents are revealed, all of those responsible will be forever marked for death (by the cartel). Not just Bridget, but the entire cartel. And that's narration, so it is true.

Would handing over to tape to the authorities be revealing it? Yes.

Is hearing the audio knowledge of the contents? Yes.

But, Trevor and Shane are ALREADY marked for death, so this is nothing to worry about. :)

Now some bad news; the earliest the chapter will appear is Tuesday (I usually post it Monday night, right about now, but can't)

So anybody else want CJ to stop eating all the Doritos and post the next chapter :D

http://youtu.be/skyfAhlHj2E

So anybody else want CJ to stop eating all the Doritos and post the next chapter :D

http://youtu.be/skyfAhlHj2E

Please post CJ I have already have three readers bitch at me!  And lay off the Doritos (wondered if anyone besides myself saw that super bowel commercial).  Looks like another cliffhanger tonight folks, the chapter won't be posted until tomorrow.

• Like 1

Please post CJ I have already have three readers bitch at me!  And lay off the Doritos (wondered if anyone besides myself saw that super bowel commercial).  Looks like another cliffhanger tonight folks, the chapter won't be posted until tomorrow.

I saw that commercial with the goat and the Doritos – I want everybody to know that that scream was not about a cupboard without Doritos – it was the goat envisioning nearing a cliffs edge...

• Site Moderator

Arnold also mentions "other" things at his office??? The doll was "a false lead to the tape" but Arnold was anxious that bridget have it and we know by what was said on the tape that his intention was to destroy Bridget :)

I think the doll was meant as a message to Bridgett concerning the death of their daughter. Other than that, it's of no use.

• 3 weeks later...

Uh oh, that last sentence sounds ominous - will Bridget succeed or will they get away and simply never return to Gitmo? But I honestly don't see a way they can escape the trap Bridget lay for them this time. Anxiously awaiting more :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Dickson

Chris

Well worth waiting for

Can't wait to see how you get them out of it!

I wonder what Tittle has up his sleeve

Dick

21/04/13

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..