Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+55) Doomsday

Wow.  Best chapter yet.  I can't imagine how..... but I have full confidence that our intrepid author has a plan that includes reviving the heartbeat of whoever of the 4 is currently experiencing what is surely just temporary cardiac arrest.   Thank you, C James, you are an amazing writer and I am in awe of your abilities.  Can't wait to find out what will happen next.   Michael

• Like 2

My thanks to everyone who has weighed in!!

Okay, I think I should keep me mouth shut and not reply on the speculation posts, because I already put my foot in it once... I gave the wrong impression regarding Shane. I didn't mean to imply that it's he who is sans pulse, just that he was definitely at risk due to the water: but in a driving heavy rain, which they were, anyone on deck or in the cockpit is as well. 

Must........ :,( ........not....... B) .........fall....... :( ......into...... :angry: .....temptation....... :unsure: .......... :no: of  the goat..... :fight::facepalm:

But... It's a very reasonable offer. :)

BTW, what's with the new siggy? 183 days? I think it's more like 14, max, until the epilogue posts and we're done. :P

Regrettably (who am I kidding?) as far as I know, Gay Authors uses the generally accepted Gregorian calender for its awards, and not the Julian, or any other, including those invented by authors.

Has got to be about the most complete understatement ever given. Not of course a cliff-hanger as CJ says he doesn't use them, but certainly one heck of a goat-hanger. And we all know how masterful goats are on seemingly unclimbable slopes.

But... a goat would never have anything to do with a cliff. All this stuff about goats climbing mountains and such is just rumor, innuendo, and photoshop...

As lead of the WST, when I brought that up, my ears rang for week. Those video's of screaming goats is nothing compared to what CJ can do.

Also, I need to point out that this is Bridgett's mission. It's been stated once in each of the last two chapters that the First Amongst Equals is in charge of the land based operation. Bridgett is in charge of the sea mission.

It would be cultural insensitivity and intolerance to deny me the use of the goat calendar. :ph34r:

While a trauma arrest is pretty much only solved by bright lights and cold steel (surgery) the field treatment for such would be CPR and/or defibrillation (if it was one of the rhythms that can be shocked--"flatline" can't be shocked) along with other advanced life saving treatments that they don't have access to.  However, one could argue that since Trevor was outside and possibly in contact with some sort of metal that could have conducted some of the current then that could be what caused the arrhythmia.  If we are really lucky hopefully the current exited his body through the wound helping cauterize some of the vessels thus slowing the bleeding.  But I'm not holding out much hope for that since it was the goat himself who said it was Shane who was in most danger.  The only thing I can think of to take some of that danger away is that maybe Shane was wearing some of the protective weather gear they had and maybe insulated himself against most of the current.  

100 foot seas?  There are some people who would pay to get to surf a wave that big... Since they don't have a life raft or zodiac anymore they just need to take the surfboards and ride it in to the Jamaican shore...  Better odds than staying on Atlantis.  

The current record for a surfed wave is just over 100 feet, set off Portugul. But that's a peaking wave. Storm waves are basically blown out white water. Can't surf that too well, and even if you did, it wouldn't take you far- the individual waves don't keep going. But you're right, they are in a bit of a conundrum at the moment. 

Good points on the medical issue.

If they were wearing protective gear and it was plot relavant, I'd have had to have mentioned it in narration, or worked it into dialog. That's just a personal rule of mine.  Good idea though! :)

Cliffhanger.....Definitely a Cliffhanger ....think about it.... lover's leap

And someone really needs to scuttle Bridget and her Armada.

Ah, but Lover's Leap is a real place, so I can't be blamed for that. I can't be blamed for the hurricane, because it's real too. I also can't be blamed for them being there, because that was clearly Bridget's doing.

Wow.  Best chapter yet.  I can't imagine how..... but I have full confidence that our intrepid author has a plan that includes reviving the heartbeat of whoever of the 4 is currently experiencing what is surely just temporary cardiac arrest.   Thank you, C James, you are an amazing writer and I am in awe of your abilities.  Can't wait to find out what will happen next.   Michael

Wow, thanks!!!

I'm working on it... it's proving to be a larger chapter than I thought; converting my original draft to a finished polished chapter is enlarging it quite a bit. :)

• Like 1

he current record for a surfed wave is just over 100 feet, set off Portugul. But that's a peaking wave. Storm waves are basically blown out white water. Can't surf that too well, and even if you did, it wouldn't take you far- the individual waves don't keep going. But you're right, they are in a bit of a conundrum at the moment. 

Maybe they could rig up some of the sail from Atlantis and go windsurfing? 

• Like 1

I can, regrettably, confirm that there will be no chapter tonight. Sorry, but like the last one, it's large, and also very demanding to write. I'm working hard on it, but it's not even ready for beta reading yet. That's the bad news.

The good news is best summed up from this direct and unaltered quote from an e-mail exchange I had with MikeL today;

The only good news is that we came to a nice, restful pausing place with Doomsday, so it's a good place to wait.

• Like 1

I can, regrettably, confirm that there will be no chapter tonight. Sorry, but like the last one, it's large, and also very demanding to write. I'm working hard on it, but it's not even ready for beta reading yet. That's the bad news.

The good news is best summed up from this direct and unaltered quote from an e-mail exchange I had with MikeL today;

The only good news is that we came to a nice, restful pausing place with Doomsday, so it's a good place to wait.

What the goat failed to mention is that he is quoting himself.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

The Goat has had a lot of cognitive therapy and other mental evaluations and sessions with Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, and Social Workers. GA has funded all this in a effort to get CJ to finally say to himself:

"My Name is CJ, and I use Cliffhangers"

We don't really care if he says it for anyone else, but until he admits it to himself, he, nor we, will meet or know the true CJ :(

I suggest elctro shock therapy, electro corrective therapy, sending him to a Guru, a Shamen, even the Dalai Lama himself!!! Sadly I don't think any of them can help him.

;)

• Like 1

To be fair, if a goat can't quote himself, whom can he quote?

Exactly! :)

The Goat has had a lot of cognitive therapy and other mental evaluations and sessions with Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, and Social Workers. GA has funded all this in a effort to get CJ to finally say to himself:

"My Name is CJ, and I use Cliffhangers"

We don't really care if he says it for anyone else, but until he admits it to himself, he, nor we, will meet or know the true CJ :(

I suggest elctro shock therapy, electro corrective therapy, sending him to a Guru, a Shamen, even the Dalai Lama himself!!! Sadly I don't think any of them can help him.

;)

But... you're really proposing electrocuting me until I admit to something I didn't do!!! That's horrible... just horrible!!! :ph34r:

• Like 1

B) .................Actually electrocution to the goat is not really a bad thing considering what he/Bridget did to our 'left to dry' heroes. So I see a April 1st chapter coming up, will the goat use the date to throw everyone off and post the 'real' chapter a day later? Very plausible here, why not kill everyone off as a 'dream sequence' only to admit it later as an April fools joke. The mountain goat which is a (cliffhanging goat by nature) is prone to the cliffs by nature, so he cannot help himself, he also cannot count, but show me a goat that can!!

• Like 1

Cliffhangers? I read this and I am sure I detect no cliffhangers. You folks are crazy. The Goat doesn't use cliffhangers, he said so himself!

B) ............You are delusional, and the goat will not post any sooner then stated, so why pump him up?

• Like 1

From several conversations with C J, I know he's working tirelessly to finish the final chapter.  We may hate waiting, but we always find it was worth the wait when he releases a chapter.

So, we wait.

Edited by MikeL
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, Im fairly new to GA, and just recently started reading Circumnavigation... do you have any idea when the final chapter will be posted??

Greetings from Mexico City

Probably some time this month...this month being December 2012 (inside joke which you will soon understand.)

• Like 1

Hi everyone, Im fairly new to GA, and just recently started reading Circumnavigation... do you have any idea when the final chapter will be posted??

[/quote)

It's taken three years to get this far, what's your hurry??

• Like 1

[/quote)

It's taken three years to get this far, what's your hurry??

B) ............... As much as I and others are conflicted to the end of the saga, it has to end, and the author finally brought the ending to close this book (BOOKS). As the title suggests this a story about a circumnavigation, which Trevor completed through long trying times under the threat of death by a misunderstood psychopath named Bridget. We have followed this saga for years, and demand Bridget's blood. Personally I would love to see Trevor and company capture her, tie her up and anchor Arnold's 'gold' to her feet as she is thrown back into the waters to meet her doom....I doubt none of Trevor's friends would object..... except Shane saying it is a waste of the gold!

So we wait on April fools night to see when the goat has decided to deliver us the last chapter of this tale.

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..