Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+55) Doomsday

• Site Administrator

So that brings up an interesting point Benji :)

CJ has often said the title is Circumnavigation is about making a circumnavigation of the world, and having Trevor's head mailed back to Florida would mean the title has been fulfilled.

Well Trevor has already been back to Florida but I have the feeling the circ isn't done yet. It will only be when a crippled Atlantis is towed to a repair dock in Florida, then it will be complete.

Anything else would be illogical ;)

• Like 1

CJ has often said the title is Circumnavigation is about making a circumnavigation of the world, and having Trevor's head mailed back to Florida would mean the title has been fulfilled.

Well Trevor has already been back to Florida but I have the feeling the circ isn't done yet. It will only be when a crippled Atlantis is towed to a repair dock in Florida, then it will be complete.

B) ............When has logic ever applied to a goat???

• Like 1

B) .................Actually electrocution to the goat is not really a bad thing considering what he/Bridget did to our 'left to dry' heroes. So I see a April 1st chapter coming up, will the goat use the date to throw everyone off and post the 'real' chapter a day later? Very plausible here, why not kill everyone off as a 'dream sequence' only to admit it later as an April fools joke. The mountain goat which is a (cliffhanging goat by nature) is prone to the cliffs by nature, so he cannot help himself, he also cannot count, but show me a goat that can!!

Huh!!?!?!? Benji!!!! I didn't do anything to Trevor, Shane, Lisa, or Joel!!! Hurricane dean is not my doing! (just check the National Hurricane Center archives if you don't believe me). As for Atlantis being there, that was clearly Bridget's doing (via the honeymoon package). I had nothing to do with it!!!! So if you must blame someone, blame Bridget Bellevue!!!

And how could I post an April 1st chapter when it's only December??? There will be no prank chapter... well, there will be a draft of a prank chapter posted here in the forum after the story ends. I'll explain in full, but only after Circumnavigation ends. 

BTW, the only dream sequence is Circumnavigation occurred just before Trevor reached Australia. He drempt that he came ashore, and was greeted by kangaroos and other wildlife singing "Waltzing Matilda". I made clear it was a dream sequence in the chapter. There have been, and will be, no more dream sequences. I'm not at all fond of them as a means to fool readers. :)

I am indeed a mountain goat, and I do indeed live high in the mountains of northern Arizona, but  all rumors and innuendo to the contrary, a goat (including a mountain goat) would never have anything to do with a cliff. Any claims to the contrary are just fictions, lies, and photoshop.

And I freely admit that I cannot count. :)

Cliffhangers? I read this and I am sure I detect no cliffhangers. You folks are crazy. The Goat doesn't use cliffhangers, he said so himself!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, Im fairly new to GA, and just recently started reading Circumnavigation... do you have any idea when the final chapter will be posted??

Greetings from Mexico City

I'll explain at the end of this post. Sorry for the delay!!!

Except that Trevor has already returned to Florida (for the wedding) and it was mentioned in that chapter that this completes his Circumnavigation. :)

Ohhhh noooooooo I'm getting chapter delay sickness. Quick get me another chapter. Lol

I know the chapter is already a week late, and I still am not done. I sincerely apologize to everyone. I swear, I never intended this long a delay after a chapter like Doomsday.

Part of the problem is taxes. I'm self-employed, so this means loads and loads of paperwork (anyone who has had to keep the records for, and then file, a Schedule C can surely sympathize). That's today's IRS for ya - they even make goats file, the bastards! However, I finished four days ago, and though I certainly didn't stop writing while working on taxes, it did eat into my time, as has work. So too has the need for sleep. I've pulled several all-nighters working on this chapter, but I've found that when I'm massively short of sleep, my writing suffers and I end up redoing it. So, last night I slept for 14 hours, and I'm feeling far, far better (and my writing is back up to par).

This chapter is already very large, so when it comes to words per week, just like the last one, it'll be more than a normal chapter per week would have posted.

However, I had no idea it would take this long, and it's already been too long. So... I'm setting a deadline. Either I get it all off to beta within 24 hours of right now (10:54PM... make it 11pm once I hit "post") I'll split the chapter and send it in, leaving one small chapter and the epilogue for the final. Even if split, it'll still be a huge chapter, and it will get us past all the conflicts and, um, hint of tension in "doomsday". I'll post an update by 11pm Tuesday (Arizona standard time).  

My sincere apologies for the delay.

• Like 3

CJ - whilst I'll freely admit I'm having Circumnavigation withdrawal symptoms, not just seeing pink elephants but sharing my humble abode with several of them, make the break as best suits the narrative. I'll still live if the delay is a bit longer!

I now have to go and let Dumbo out - elephant dung stains on the carpet are the very devil to remove...

• Like 1

CJ,

"I am indeed a mountain goat, and I do indeed live high in the mountains of northern Arizona, but  all rumors and innuendo to the contrary, a goat (including a mountain goat) would never have anything to do with a cliff. Any claims to the contrary are just fictions, lies, and photoshop." 

i think this explains it exactly

cheers, Patrick

Edited by dadetroyer
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

And the countdown timer in my signature goes on..........................

:P

• Like 1

CJ - whilst I'll freely admit I'm having Circumnavigation withdrawal symptoms, not just seeing pink elephants but sharing my humble abode with several of them, make the break as best suits the narrative. I'll still live if the delay is a bit longer!

I now have to go and let Dumbo out - elephant dung stains on the carpet are the very devil to remove...

I think I've got a way to do it so it works well. We'll have a large chapter (larger than two normal ones), then a smaller one for the final.

CJ,

"I am indeed a mountain goat, and I do indeed live high in the mountains of northern Arizona, but  all rumors and innuendo to the contrary, a goat (including a mountain goat) would never have anything to do with a cliff. Any claims to the contrary are just fictions, lies, and photoshop." 

i think this explains it exactly

cheers, Patrick

But, that's faked... it has to be. No goat would ever have anything to do with a cliff, or a cliffhanger.

And the countdown timer in my signature goes on..........................

:P

I think it's on the high side... by more than a factor of 10. :P

The only way out --- Submarine...

That's a very good theory! The only small fly in the ointment; the narration explicitly rules out rescue of any sort being possible. So, from that, we can assume that there's no sub within range. :)

I love this story I really hate to see it end but I really need to see it end. I just hope u got another story ready to go

It'll be a few weeks. A week or so after Circumnavigation wraps, I'm heading for South America for a few weeks. I haven't booked the tickets yet, it's still tentative (about three weeks from now), but don't worry, I won't  do the final booking until after Circumnavigation wraps. :)

Sorry I'm late with my promised 11pm update (it's now 3am) but my internet was out. Okay, the final chapter will be split, with the far larger half posting first. That half will be going out to beta by tonight (Wednesday).

As for me, I need some sleep. :)

• Like 1

The only way out --- Submarine...

That's a very good theory! The only small fly in the ointment; the narration explicitly rules out rescue of any sort being possible. So, from that, we can assume that there's no sub within range. :)

And from chapter 154:

Gonzalez’s reaction to the news was a question, which he addressed to everyone in the base’s office. “Is there anything we can do?”

A two-star Air Force general, the ranking officer on scene, fielded the answer. “Even if I was given the authority to engage, there’s nothing we can do, not in time. If I could get an AC-130 in theater, that’d do the trick.” The AC-130 is the attack version of the C-130: a flying gunship. “However, I can’t send one into a hurricane; they couldn’t do much of anything with no visibility, and the closest one is at least four hours away. I’m having it sent to Gitmo so it’ll be closer, but there’s nothing it can do until the storm moves out.”

“What about the Navy?” Gonzalez asked, in desperation.

“Their closest combat assets were in Roosevelt Roads, Puerto Rico, but they moved everything afloat north, due to the hurricane. Even if their ships and planes were still there, it’s a time-and-distance problem, plus the issue of speedboats being very hard to target. Even without the storm, we couldn’t have responded in time, but I’ll do what I can,” the general replied, feeling just as frustrated as everyone else in the room.

“A submarine, for rescue?” Gonzalez asked, though he was already fairly sure of the answer he’d get.

The naval liaison officer answered that question. “We don’t have any in the Caribbean.”

And with that, Gonzalez knew what he’d been dreading was true; Atlantis was on her own, trapped, with the full might of the cartel arrayed against her.

Edited by MikeL
  • Like 1

Personally I have taken to rereading Circumnavigation from the beginning. On chapter 29 now. At a few chapters a day I figure the epilogue will be out by the time I am done. Such an incredible and amazing story deserves to be read and reread anyway!

• Like 1

But, that's faked... it has to be. No goat would ever have anything to do with a cliff, or a cliffhanger.

It looks more like a natural habitat to me.  Anyone denying that would be trying to hide his natural and familiar environment.

• Like 1

How about the crew cabin, port bow, to hunker down in--- should be the only water tight place left... Not sure how happy his insurance company is going to be taking a boat out in front of a "5" hurricane ... The CAT will not sink with all the foam used in its construction but it will be a total loss; and then there is the gold... That is assuming that anybody survives this mess...

Incredible story and hate to see it end... Please keep writing...

Edited by AZmtns
  • Like 1

Can we have a promise that the chapter will not be split at a point of, however slightly, heightened tension in the narrative?

Absolutely!! The chapter just went out for the first rounds of beta, and until it did, I didn't know where exactly to split it. However, it's split now; we'll get the big half as the next chapter. And I absolutely guarantee a tension-free ending, so no worries. 

Personally I have taken to rereading Circumnavigation from the beginning. On chapter 29 now. At a few chapters a day I figure the epilogue will be out by the time I am done. Such an incredible and amazing story deserves to be read and reread anyway!

Thanks!!!

The chapter, tentatively entitled "Hellbound" (I just need to make sure I don't have another chapter by that name) is finally in beta. It has to be the most difficult chapter I've ever written. Hopefully the final chapter and epilogue will be done within a week, so no more long delays.

It looks more like a natural habitat to me.  Anyone denying that would be trying to hide his natural and familiar environment.

But... I am well known for my absolute avoidance of cliffs and cliffhangers. How could cliffs be my natural habitat?

How about the crew cabin, port bow, to hunker down in--- should be the only water tight place left... Not sure how happy his insurance company is going to be taking a boat out in front of a "5" hurricane ... The CAT will not sink with all the foam used in its construction but it will be a total loss; and then there is the gold... That is assuming that anybody survives this mess...

Incredible story and hate to see it end... Please keep writing...

Good idea, but that would be a non-survivable event. The hundred-foot waves in the back half of Dean would reduce Atlantis to kindling. The crew of Atlantis (those with a pulse, at least) do indeed face a little bit of a conundrum. Kind of a... brain teaser, one might say.

And yep, I'd hate to have to put what happened on an insurance claim form. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Absolutely!! The chapter just went out for the first rounds of beta, and until it did, I didn't know where exactly to split it. However, it's split now; we'll get the big half as the next chapter. And I absolutely guarantee a tension-free ending, so no worries.

Having had to spend the day at work as a one day special to cover for a supervisor, I've read the next chapter, and it will be back to CJ after I get home. I'll have to agree, with what I saw of the end of the chapter, there's no tension there.

• Like 1

Having had to spend the day at work as a one day special to cover for a supervisor, I've read the next chapter, and it will be back to CJ after I get home. I'll have to agree, with what I saw of the end of the chapter, there's no tension there.

Really?  Did the goat send us different versions?

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Really?  Did the goat send us different versions?

Ah ha!!! I see it :)

CJ sends out multiple chapter endings so the 'whole' team doesn't accuse him of a cliffhanger ;)

• Like 2

Benji!!!!!

You've been taken in by the conspiracy... don't listen to them! This was not a cliffy.

I'm sure all of our our faithful, hardworking team members will soon be along to verify that the chapter is entirely cliffhanger-free.

Our wonderful team carefully scrutinizes every chapter for any hint of a cliffy. If there was one, surely someone would have seen it?

What? Poor, sweet, innocent me a rat bastard? 0:)

Also, please bear in mind that the bad things happening are Bridget's fault, not mine. :ph34r:

Atlantis has indeed taken quite a bit of damage.

BTW, to anyone wondering: Dean was a real storm, exactly as shown. I didn't make him up or take artistic license. This also, of course, means that I can't very well be blamed for what Dean does.

Benji!!!!!

You've been taken in by the conspiracy... don't listen to them! This was not a cliffy.

I'm sure all of our our faithful, hardworking team members will soon be along to verify that the chapter is entirely cliffhanger-free.

Our wonderful team carefully scrutinizes every chapter for any hint of a cliffy. If there was one, surely someone would have seen it?

What? Poor, sweet, innocent me a rat bastard? 0:)

Also, please bear in mind that the bad things happening are Bridget's fault, not mine. :ph34r:

Atlantis has indeed taken quite a bit of damage.

BTW, to anyone wondering: Dean was a real storm, exactly as shown. I didn't make him up or take artistic license. This also, of course, means that I can't very well be blamed for what Dean does.

when are we getting the final chapter?

• Like 1

After Circumnavigation is finished do you plan on writing a sequel to one of your stories or starting a new one from the beginning?

B) ..................The goat will be writing a sequel of  'For The Love"

• Like 1

But... I am well known for my absolute avoidance of cliffs and cliffhangers. How could cliffs be my natural habitat?

You are the ONLY one that MIGHT believe that, even if many cave to your threats when they say so publicly.

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..