Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+56) The Belly of the Beast

I will verify that I received the chapter in my In Box at 1:52 am EST this date.

12:54 am CDT when received here.  It is long...48 pages in its current Word format.  Will take a while to read twice.  Am starting now...5:24 am.

• Site Moderator

You're much too young to explode Dark. I too have finished with the chapter and will be sending it back to CJ after I get home from work this afternoon.

• Like 1

You're much too young to explode Dark. I too have finished with the chapter and will be sending it back to CJ after I get home from work this afternoon.

Then if I'm corrrect there is only one other person that needs to review this chapter before sending it back to CJ for positing

Then if I'm corrrect there is only one other person that needs to review this chapter before sending it back to CJ for positing

I really don't know Benji.  How many are on C J's team?

• Like 1

I really don't know Benji.  How many are on C J's team?

B) .......There are 6 people that I can tell that are beta and zeta reading the chapters for CJ, Usually when the winged bird responds there is only one left to read the chapter. I know who it is, and he is pretty much responsive if he is at the PC at the time. I feel assured that this  chapter will post @ Tuesday!

But but but I want it Monday. I has Monday off I gotta work Tuesday.

I feel really sorry for you if you have to work 24 hours on Tuesday

Just think how much more you will enjoy it after work

I know we all are going to be very grateful to CJ for all his effort over the years on this book

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Believe it or not, Thursday morning I had another email from CJ explaining what he's doing with this chapter. Normally, I'm one of the first Beta's to receive the chapter. With this chapter, shortly after he sent it to me, he then sent it to MikeL, RedA, and Graeme. We all have our way of working the chapter. RedA is the sailing expert. CJ will then bring our suggestions together into one document. Lowflyer is the last person to read the chapter before posting.

We would be lucky to see the chapter Tuesday. But as I see it, it's going to take a little time to bring everything together into one document considering the length, as MikeL said 48 pages in word.

• Like 1

no biggie.....we all just get anxious.....even Dark, though he is SOOO patient. :) the chapters are getting longer......guess the epilogue is 57 pages :)

....anyway....interesting conversation with benjy on how many readers there are on the team......so does that last thing with naming names on who got what and when mean there are only 5 on the team?

An/tic/i/pa/tion.........an/ti/cipat ya shun, it's......making me wait...........making me cra/a/zy

me wonders.....how many people will reread this story when it is done. just thinking for a second I remember so many details so long ago it seems.....fallen into forgetfulness....

Edited by bayoudreamn
  • Like 1

This is the first time I've read a story on here that has yet to be completed and it is quite refreshing actually having to pause and take in what has happened. CJ you are very skilled at writing and I really like the way that you incorporate the little details that allow the reader a good look at what the outcome can be and having the characters not know! I am avidly awaiting the next chapter!

• Like 2

You know what is kinda sad about where we are here that no one has mentioned? This forum has become something of a family with the same members posting over time and I'm feeling like I've known some of you for quite a long time. When the story ends that will all change as people come and go.....so this will be something I know I will miss. It is good to have met and chatted with so many of you for quite a while and I'll miss this weekly chatting!

• Like 2

Believe it or not, Thursday morning I had another email from CJ explaining what he's doing with this chapter. Normally, I'm one of the first Beta's to receive the chapter. With this chapter, shortly after he sent it to me, he then sent it to MikeL, RedA, and Graeme. We all have our way of working the chapter. RedA is the sailing expert. CJ will then bring our suggestions together into one document. Lowflyer is the last person to read the chapter before posting.

We would be lucky to see the chapter Tuesday. But as I see it, it's going to take a little time to bring everything together into one document considering the length, as MikeL said 48 pages in word.

Please all us selfish A'holes give him a chance

All of us are adding to the pressure that HE ( I beleive ) himself is imposing

It may be that I live in a remote area and can go for days without talking to anyone

I am sure he is putting everything into getting this finished both for our great enjoyment and his feeling of a great accomplishment

GO CJ

• Like 3

Well, I'm anxiously waiting too.  But with 48 pages it wouldn't surprise me if it had to make two rounds of the reviewers.

A while back someone mentioned concerns about some shoals that Atlantis had to pass over.  I'm thinking that with the storm surge that usually accompanies a hurricane combined with Atlantis' very shallow draft (remember Rhys Lagoon?) that passing over the shoal will be surprisingly easy, if indeed they make it that far.  Katrina created a record breaking 27.8 foot storm surge at Pass Christian, so the additional 2-4 feet that Atlantis needs to clear the reef shouldn't be a problem.  Of course that makes me wonder how much protection the bay will actually provide if they get past the shoal.  No doubt CJ has researched all this carefully, if it turns out to be relevant.

Edited by KaimukiMan

B) ....... At a cat 5 storm that Dean is presenting itself to be, I have no doubt the shoals will be covered by a surge acceptable of the Atlantis needs to make the voyage.  Meanwhile, 'As the band plays on' Tic Toc, tic toc, drum roll, finger roll on desk, .......tic toc....tic toc.

You know what is kinda sad about where we are here that no one has mentioned? This forum has become something of a family with the same members posting over time and I'm feeling like I've known some of you for quite a long time. When the story ends that will all change as people come and go.....so this will be something I know I will miss. It is good to have met and chatted with so many of you for quite a while and I'll miss this weekly chatting!

Well I guess we'll have to talk the goat into another story then so we can all hang around and discuss that one after Circumnavigation is finished.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Just thought I would ask..............

Does anyone take my signature of a countdown timer as serious?

Since I'm not part of CJ's Team and have no more knowledge than the majority of you of when the next chapter will publish, I hope I am not misleading or disappointing anyone.

Just my way to quietly bug CJ :P

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..