No one can take it away from me. No one can tear it apart. It may be elaborate fantasy, but it's the perfect place to start. Because a heart that hurts is a heart that works.

Epilogue: Bright Lights

And that's all, folks! Or, almost, anyway. The short story collection Hubris, about the story's supporting characters and antagonists, is in the works, with two completed stories that will be up soonish and more to come. I also intend to start plotting the sequel very soon, though you might have to wait a while for that. After all, this novel was ten years in the making. Hopefully the sequel won't take quite as long.

• 7 months later...

The sequel to Nemesis, Soulmates Never Die, is nearly finished, and I have started posting! Here, have a Prologue and Chapter One: Too Many Friends! :)

Summary: Nick and Dave are off to college, but sadly not the same one. While Nick is attending Sapswell with all their friends from secondary school, Dave is commuting every day to Dorcrest Independent College. Staying together when you have to work to see each other every day is hard, especially when a new activity takes over much of Nick's spare time, namely his new rock band.

Edited by Thorn Wilde

Only realised I had missed this story, when I saw you posting new chapters for the second book. After the first chapter I like it and I love that it´s placed in England, it´s a nice change after all the stories happening in USA (and I do love England ;) ). I won´t read what´s been discussed here, hate spoilers, so I´ll just go back and read more  :read: 

• Like 1

(Chapter 4 Review)

I kept expecting Zoe and Dave would talk about Dave's cousin - Jason isn't it ? I think they would be great for each other, so how come they have lost touch ? Maybe they'll meet up again at Craig's trial.

Oh and I hope Dave had a careful wash before he went to sleep, because blow jobs after barebacking is too nasty to contemplate.

snapback.png Reply from Thorn Wilde (author)

Nowhere did it say that they were barebacking... Just saying. ;) But then, you are free to put whatever you like between the lines. :P Jason will make a reappearance. Not saying when. Thanks for reviewing! I'm glad you've stuck with the story. :)

OK - I read the chapter again, and I admit there was no mention of protection or not. So maybe they did not bareback. But the taste of rubber is not nice either, so in any case oral after anal is not a hot idea in my mind. But it's a minor detail, and since they never got round to the morning fun due to Nick's nightmare, the whole discussion is theoretical anyway.

In any case, I find it very realistic that Nick would still have bad dreams about the abuse he suffered, especially since it came on top of all his other issues. He is vulnerable and insecure in so many ways, that it's heartbreaking. In fact I'm impressed that he is functioning so well and I think we forget to give him credit for being strong and capable in many ways. A good thing too, since Dave has his own problems to deal with, and also their relationship would do a lot better if they were together more. Not saying that they will not make it, but I feel that they are at a stage where they really need to spend time together to bond and feel secure as a couple.

Oh well, that's part of what will make book 2 interesting, I suppose. Oh and I like that we are almost up to date on the Alan and Matt thing. I wonder when Nick or Dave will catch on to them being a couple (even though in secret).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I´m not sure enjoy is the right word this time....it´s a very well written chapter just like the whole story, but I kept thinking how horrible it must be to relive something that terrible again in front of strangers. It is a great chapter though  :2thumbs: 

• Like 1

It is a great chapter. I can certainly understand the difficulty in writing it. Especially with having had friends experience this as you do. This sort of thing (sexual assault, with or without rape involved) often comes back to bite you in the ass years and years later in real life. As if the original event were not bad enough.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I absolutely loved your story. Nemesis definitely is must remember and must recommend story.

Thank you. That means a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Must get back to finishing the sequel soon... Sorry, you guys. I've had a rough couple of months, but there will be more soon!!

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter Twelve: Twentieth Century Boy

Wow. Sorry about the hiatus, you guys. If you've been keeping up with my blog and my status updates you'll already know that I've been suffering from depression for a good long while now. I had kind of a downward spiral a couple of months ago that made everything worse again, but I'm recovering, so here now is, finally, the next chapter. Hope you enjoy it! I'll try not to take as long with the next one, though that too is a bit incomplete and requires some tweaking. After that what's left is pretty much done and should be smooth sailing with the editing, though, regardless of my mental state. :)