Good Sci-Fi and Fantasy stories

Since I am quite new here would just like to get some people opinions on some good sci-fi and fantasy stories to get started on here, I am quite drawn by the genre.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since I am quite new here would just like to get some people opinions on some good sci-fi and fantasy stories to get started on here, I am quite drawn by the genre.

Just watched Star Trek Into Darkness this afternoon and it is awesome.  I hate fight and chase scenes because they take time from the story, but the movie had a great theme and was well put together.  So I was willing to wait through them for the heart of the movie.

• 2 years later...

If you're still looking for a good story, I forgot who the author is, but the story is titled "the rider's pride"

The author is DKstories, I think.

You should try David McLeod's stories. He writes awesome sci-fi and even better fantasy. You might want to start out with

The Paladin and then continue with Book of Heroes: George of Sedona I and Master of Fire

Edited by Timothy M.