The only issue I have with that dictionary entry is that, by the looks of it, Issac does not get 'tang' 24/7.  He gets something else entirely. ;)

Issac gets all the good stuff

we are now running on 30+k, but the ending is in sight. i think you guys will be topping out 30 chapters ish.

also, forgiveness is begged in advance for chapter 22 - you are not going to like it.

and chapter 24 is rather short, but you'll see when you get there.

Something still seems "off"...like, it seems like there's something we still don't know about yet. And not on Bay's end, either. I get a vibe that Issac is reacting so strongly to Bay's freaking out, not just because Bay's being misguided, but also because of an additional something else as well.

Something still seems "off"...like, it seems like there's something we still don't know about yet. And not on Bay's end, either. I get a vibe that Issac is reacting so strongly to Bay's freaking out, not just because Bay's being misguided, but also because of an additional something else as well.

you have to remember how insecure Issac can be. it's a very emasculating thing to lose a leg. he's spend a long time have his hopes and heart broken.

At more than 40,000 words, 'your short' story would classified as a novel by many. For instance, the Nebula Award categories are as follows:

Short story: under 7,500 words

Novelette: 7,500–17,500 words

Novella: 17,500–40,000 words

Novel: over 40,000 words

• Like 1

I'll be sad to see the story go.  You can always do spinoffs!  This really has been a great story, Sasha.  It could easily get published.  And I would totally buy it........as soon as I got home. XD  I'm so glad I've read this.  Truly amazing stuff!

For you, Bay's tattoo, without the awesome light source though, because i ain't that good.

gallery_18065_1022_873190.jpg

I'll be sad to see the story go.  You can always do spinoffs!  This really has been a great story, Sasha.  It could easily get published.  And I would totally buy it........as soon as I got home. XD  I'm so glad I've read this.  Truly amazing stuff!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

• Like 1

Am I a little bit right when I associate the city by the sea in which this story is set to Brighton? I keep picturing it in my head when I read...

you are correct. technically he starts in manchester and ends up in bton, but i like to keep things broad. also means people get less fussy with buildings and parks that don't actually exist.

The South Alaska is what the Engine Rooms would have been if the owners had stuck to their guns and not wasted all their money holding private parties. we miss our club