Hi all.  This is the first of many projects.  As we all know, the Roll the Dice anthology was published last week.  This project involves our editing/beta team and this challenge is to write a 200 word review (or more, but not less than 200) for each story in the anthology. Several catches here folks.  We may not use the following words: like, love, hate, bad, good. You may post the review as soon as you have finished it.   You may not write a review for a story you edited/ or helped to develop as a beta.

Provide honest feedback. If there is something you find compelling, make note of it. Be equally mindful of pointing out flaws, though be sure to remain constructive. A review does not have to be all flattery, but you should support your criticisms.

If you have posted a comment already, thank you, (this project is a little late), you may ignore this project. Or you might like to add to the comment.

Hugs and kindness

• 2 weeks later...

Provide honest feedback. If there is something you find compelling, make note of it. Be equally mindful of pointing out flaws, though be sure to remain constructive. A review does not have to be all flattery, but you should support your criticisms.

If you have posted a comment already, thank you, (this project is a little late), you may ignore this project. Or you might like to add to the comment.

I think I might get on this.  But I'm little afraid though. I have a ton of background critiquing stories on scribophile, as my reviews tend to be serious critical side, not unnecessarily impolite. And from what I've seen of this site, it might too critical for the culture here

Hmmm. Don't be afraid. There are writers on many sites who take the criticism and use it to their advantage. In my view, one is not born with the ability to tell stories. It is learned. The art of storytelling goes back to our ancestors and it is a craft. We are taught crafts. Those who believe they are able to write without error are blinded by their own ego. I have come across many writers who feel this way. A review is not just cotton candy and i have resolved to adhere to honesty in my reviews. I give the good with the bad. Truth is, we are allowed to write badly. Goodness, i have. Jk Rowling has. The author of Shades of Gray has and many more. Most GA writers are open to constructive reviews and most act upon the criticism. I read and review works that I like. That's what keeps me safe. I am a thriller writer, dabble in mystery and romance. I very seldom look at horror or fantasy or science fiction. Those who cannot tolerate criticism, will always be a part of every writing site.

I think what we have missed here is that everyone wants to write well. That is the reason they are here. It is so importantfor a writer to grow,and what better way than to receive constructive insite. Hugs.

• Like 1