Cowboy Summer

hello people, so i thought i'd open up a topic for Cowboy Summer, which is currently 4 chapters long and getting longer. i predict about 10 chapters.

The story follows Rhydian, doomed to spend the summer alone on a Western Ranch in North California after his sister drops out to go to uni early. Through his friendship with the two young men who run the ranch Sam and Caleb, and his building relationship with 'his' horse Shura, Rhydian grows from a teenager into a balanced young man.

Kitt is Beta-ing and doing a fabulous job of it. she's fab. and LW (Leathery Wings) found a picture which looks just like Sam and a horse called Boy Latte. neat huh?

Updates are (roughly) bi-weekly.

• 2 weeks later...

WooHoo!! Great Story, Sasha!! Thanks for doing the tough work, Kitt!! I love this.....keep on going!!!!!

I will keep on going, don't worry. just got a bit sidetracked by Unexpected Liasons that's all...

• 1 month later...

OK, after a significant break we are back. i'm sorry, but i had to, you know, get married, and then clear my back catalogue. i promise that Rhyder and his team have my undivided attention until the story is done.

hopefully we're going to go back to one update a week on a friday, but to make up for lost time and the fact that i was rubbish, this week you get two. so you had chapter 7 - Back in the Saddle - yesterday. and because I'm so damn nice, you get another chapter tomorrow. 

Edited by Sasha Distan
  • 1 month later...

Noooooooo! It can't be over!

I love your writing, but this story in particular. The characters and story development were wonderful. I was on pins and needles waiting to learn what would be the result of his trip back to England.  And, the way you led us in the last chapter to think he was with Jase! Brilliant.

Thanks for sharing your writing.

Bryan

Noooooooo! It can't be over!

I love your writing, but this story in particular. The characters and story development were wonderful. I was on pins and needles waiting to learn what would be the result of his trip back to England.  And, the way you led us in the last chapter to think he was with Jase! Brilliant.

Thanks for sharing your writing.

Bryan

You are very welcome.

all good things should end while they are still good my friend, and this is one of them. personally, i think we've done rather well for a 70k novel which had nothing but one scribbled timeline page in my notebook as it's planning. oh yeah, i'm so organised...

I really love this story. Great characters, brilliant writing and just enough drama with plenty of love and happiness.  :2thumbs: 

thanks Suvi! I think that's such a lovely description. "just enough drama" tehehe

• Like 1

I wanted to thank you for this story but I was a little disappointed that Rhyder didn't end up with Bryce.  I know I am sentimental.  The idea of them attending different schools and deciding not to try to maintain a long distance relationship is understandable and realistic, just not as romantic as I hoped.  

• Like 1

I wanted to thank you for this story but I was a little disappointed that Rhyder didn't end up with Bryce.  I know I am sentimental.  The idea of them attending different schools and deciding not to try to maintain a long distance relationship is understandable and realistic, just not as romantic as I hoped.  

i understand. but for me, the big romance in the story isn't the one between Rhyder and Bryce, that was sort of accidental anyways. the biggest relationship in the story, is between Rhyder and Shura, and Rhyder and himself as he grows. i didn't really mean for them to break up, it sort of wrote itself that way.

you're secretly a big softy aren't you DDK?

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

I just wanted to commend you for " Don't Shout ". I read it for the second time and highly recommend it for anyone who loves genuine characters and true love....rereading Cowboy summer is next....cheers...Gary

• Like 1

Gary! Sasha gets quite enough ideas of his very own! If you go putting more ideas in his head I will never be able to keep up with him!

HaHa Kitt...sorry.. but not really. I love his writing so much that I think he should be chained to his keyboard and only let out to eat and pee...oh yeah...and shower! Besides...I loved, loved, loved Cowboy Summer.....it had hot guys who were all about love AND horses...my two favorite things....you can just work on your speed :P ...cheers..Gary

• Like 3

Careful there Gary - you wouldn't want to end up like the Garth Brooks song and come back in the next life as a saddle!  At the rate Sasha already writes my boss at the barn ( Yes I run the office of a 50 horse boarding and lesson facility) is upset that I cant give him more hours a day than I already do!  Like 10 hrs a day isn't enough for anyone!

• Like 2

Maybe if I came back as Keith Urban's saddle it wouldn't be so bad :P :P . No wonder I like you Kitt...you're a fellow horseperson! Well now I really am torn. How about you get an assistant at the barn and I get more Sasha? That works...don't ya think? Good riding and may you always have the wind at your back :worship: . Cheers...Gary

• Like 1

Maybe if I came back as Keith Urban's saddle it wouldn't be so bad :P :P . No wonder I like you Kitt...you're a fellow horseperson! Well now I really am torn. How about you get an assistant at the barn and I get more Sasha? That works...don't ya think? Good riding and may you always have the wind at your back :worship: . Cheers...Gary

first you'll have to fund me so i can quit the day job. imagine if I didn't also teach full time - how much writing could i get done then?

• Like 1

first you'll have to fund me so i can quit the day job. imagine if I didn't also teach full time - how much writing could i get done then?

If I could i would...but retired, fixed income,and all that..not possible...but if I ever win the Lotto....I would be your Patron :read::boy: ....cheers...Gary...PS...reading and enjoying Summer Camp right now...

• Like 1