Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation Epilogue

My favorite part was how well you described each port of call, especially those in the Mediterranean. I can not imagine how much research you must have done for this story.

Many readers may not realize that C J is a real world traveler and has been to all, or nearly all, the places he writes about.

• Like 1

My favorite part was how well you described each port of call, especially those in the Mediterranean. I can not imagine how much research you must have done for this story.

Many readers may not realize that C J is a real world traveler and has been to all, or nearly all, the places he writes about.

I have spent a lot of time sailing around the Med especially the Eastern Side and only once did he make a mistake. as he had been to all the places except one. He has also been to nearly all of the other places in the story. In fact he has a cameo role in one.

Edited by Red_A
  • Like 1

Just be warned that most places he has visited tend to explode at one point or another... or are marked by some treacherous cliffs...

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Well, I don't know what more I can say to add to all of the superlatives already stated.  Indeed what sums it all up best is what Mickey said almost one year ago, "Circumnavigation" has been "one hell of a ride."  I came across this story when I clicked on the Longest Stories link.  I was all caught up on stories posted by another of my favorite authors, Mark Arbour, and wanted to read something new and now C James is among my list of favorites.  Since Circumnavigation was complete, I was able to read it all without waiting on new chapters, my preferred way of reading.  I am so pleased that I started reading about Treavor's adventures.  Superbly written, thoroughly researched and in addition to enjoying all of the excitement, I learned a lot about the various ports of call, customs procedures, and sailing.  Thank you!  Thank you! Thank you for sharing Circumnavigation with us.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Although I'm quite new at this site (yes, a real newbie), I've found a lot of stories on the net that are related to the gay community or are gay erotica.

CJ, you've done a bloody damned good job. I know you don't use any artificial cliffhangers, but you a r e a r e a l Master of Suspense. I've read this saga and the stories about Instinct in any free momemnt I could spent in the recent months and have neglected my duties in my household and my garden only to follow each turn in detail your stories have taken.

As a gay man, who has been much too long in the closet, but in a fulfilled relationship (a story of its own), I can see how Trevor has felt for a long time and his struggles with his identity. I appreciate the way you handled his issues cause this has been a lot of my own, too. I'm also glad that you've made his sexuality an essential part of his character, but not the determing one by using too much of the erotic aspects. I don't consider myself to be prude, probably I should be more, but it's good to see and to show that you can be as much determined as any other guy even if you don't fit the usual pattern. What I want to say is that this saga should be published even in a straight environment on the net or anywhere else to show people the real meaning of "difference in equals".

My personal wish from you would be that you publish some longer stories again in the future, because your talent shouldn't be wasted for too long.

My best wjshes for you and your team

Tomh

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

I just noticed something incredible. I must insist you add 2,079 words or more to this great story. Then it will be longer than the entire set of Harry Potter books combined. Well done!  :P

Edited by Danny707
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Wonderful story! Ive really taken a liking to gay mystery fiction even if theres not a lot of it out there. This one kept me on edge, made me laugh, and sometimes even got my eyes to leak... 

Also liked the map links and pictures added to make it more real. Very much drew me into the story with the characters.

Any other readers want to reach into the story and take out Ms B just to help? :P

• Like 4
  • 5 months later...

I just noticed something incredible. I must insist you add 2,079 words or more to this great story. Then it will be longer than the entire set of Harry Potter books combined. Well done!  :P

My Abacus is busted.

stock-photo-22539619-squirrel-home-econo

So I will have to take your word for it. I agree, after epilogue a final note or entry of a mere 2,079 words and I think it would brighten every ones day.

Sandrewn

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..