12 Monkeys the new series

hh5

That 12 Monkeys series we heard about a while back at Syfy has taken another step forward, with the network ordering a 60-minute pilot to see how the script will look on-screen.

The pilot script, written by time-travel vets Terry Matalas and Travis Fickett (Terra Nova), is an effort to adapt Terry Gilliam’s cult-hit 1995 sci-fi flick of the same name. The film followed a man (Bruce Willis) sent back in time to try and avert a deadly plague that takes out most of humanity.

12-monkeys-2.jpg

...But it won't be the same with different actors. :( It'll be just like with Stargate. I couldn't get into SG-1 because the actors were different and I loved the movie.

Edited by Thorn Wilde

...But it won't be the same with different actors. :( It'll be just like with Stargate. I couldn't get into SG-1 because the actors were different and I loved the movie.

Difference of opinion, I liked the TV series. Don't get me wrong, the movie was great and I've watched it many times but the series did not take away from the movie.

On the other hand, what more needs to be offered to '12 Monkeys'?

Edited by Ron

OK, if you're going to get down to nails and tacks, I'll give you the first two. What's your beef with the cast?

and is your cat laughing at me?

Edited by Ron

OK, if you're going to get down to nails and tacks, I'll give you the first two. What's your beef with the cast?

and is your cat laughing at me?

The SyFried channel has a tendency to do none of the above in their home made crap. They don't even know what science fiction is anymore.

The quality of their made for TV movies is shit. The last thing they did worth looking at was BSG and that years ago.

I'm very critical of Hollyweird in general. No industry gets paid better to produce pure  bullshit.

The SyFried network in particular because they used to be worth a damn and now fill their schedule with Ghosthunters idiocy and wrestling.

Laughing cat is just being silly.

Edited by jamessavik

The SyFried channel has a tendency to do none of the above in their home made crap. They don't even know what science fiction is anymore.

I misunderstood. I thought that you were referring to the movie not the possible series on SyFried like I was when I asked what more needed to be offered to 12 Monkeys. Love the name you call the channel by the way, hadn't heard that used before. Your right too, it's gone to crap and I don't watch it anymore.

The last thing they did worth looking at was BSG and that years ago.

Also, the miniseries was commissioned by SyFy (or The Sci-fi Channel, as it was then) but produced by UTV, and the first season was a colab with UK's Sky Television and originally aired on Sky1. Besides, it's basically The West Wing in space, it would have been awesome no matter how they'd done it. :P