Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Returning mid october

• Site Administrator

All in all it was quite nice to have CJ not bleating all the time while the overwhelming majority of members here at GA decided to dedicate the Cliffhanger Award to CJ. Also this year he will be getting the Lifetime Achievement Award bestowed on him and the category permanently closed down :)

Imagine the ruckus he would have kicked up if he was around for all that?

• Like 3

Can anyone help me? I am reading  'Circimnavigation' and at the end of most chapters there are links to the Atlantis Boat pictures page. these seem to lead in circles to a site that does not seem to work anymore. There are also 'posted image' announcements with a description, but again no picture ?

What's happened? is there a glitch with the link?

Peter

• Site Administrator

Can anyone help me? I am reading  'Circimnavigation' and at the end of most chapters there are links to the Atlantis Boat pictures page. these seem to lead in circles to a site that does not seem to work anymore. There are also 'posted image' announcements with a description, but again no picture ?

What's happened? is there a glitch with the link?

Peter

Hi Peter,

The 'posted image' at the end of the chapter I believe was a link to CJ's forum where the topics for each chapter were around for discussion of the latest chapters. They all can be found here. I have to forewarn you, the goat in his wisdom said he would finish the book in under 100 chapters so if you are say looking for Chapter 236 0:) then you would have to search for chapter 99+137 :P

I clicked on the link for the Atlantis page and that took me to a page that I'm not sure if it is supported anymore. Hosted Authors used to have their own webpage with GA but as I said, not sure if those are still working.

CJ has been on a bit of a hiatus and just recently got back. I'm sure he will see your comment soon enough and might be able to help you out with a link for seeing what Atlantis looks like as well as a glossary of nautical terms.

Hi Many thanks. I've just discovered the story and it seems there were pictures included but they are no longer there in the chapters, just a description of what the pictures showed, Yes, the Atlantis page link seems to just loop back to what seems to be an abandoned old site. I hope that CJ, now he appears to be back and active, might know what's gone wrong? I am only on chapter ten so think I have a week or two'w good reading ahead,

Peter

Milton Keynes UK.

Edited by peterattheloft
  • Site Moderator

In the Gallery you can find these images for the story here, it doesn't include the photo's that were on the hosted site.

I'm guessing that when GA was moved to a new server recently, the decision was made to not include the Hosted Author sites that are no longer used. I tried a link that I have that didn't take me to the old site but instead sent me to a different page.

Hi Many thanks. I've just discovered the story and it seems there were pictures included but they are no longer there in the chapters, just a description of what the pictures showed, Yes, the Atlantis page link seems to just loop back to what seems to be an abandoned old site. I hope that CJ, now he appears to be back and active, might know what's gone wrong? I am only on chapter ten so think I have a week or two'w good reading ahead,

Peter

Milton Keynes UK.

ssh In c james absence, I hope he will forgive me http://web.archive.org/web/20100331194531/http://cjames.gayauthors.org/circ/atlantis.php

• Site Administrator

Maybe not. But it is high time that this story was entered into GA Stories. :P:)

Agreed :) My understanding is that it'll post as two chapters a day until it's complete. Changing Lanes (the sequel) will post sometime after that.

Right - and that's the reason the stories are listed as "Complete" although they are in the process of reposting, they are both done (this is mainly in reference to a chapter review I saw from Lisa).

They were excellent. I have discovered that all the pictures for the first 68 chapters are missing they are not in the gallery. From Chapter 69 onwards they appear in the text as one would expect and the previous chapters indicate they should be there but they are not as the link ( picture description ) just does not work anymore. Shame as it would seem I've missed quite a bit of the story and explanations of the navigation.

Peter

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

When CJ returns, we can look at getting those images posted to the gallery and then getting the links in the story fixed up to display the images correctly :) Until then, however, we have to wait :(

• Like 1

When CJ returns, we can look at getting those images posted to the gallery and then getting the links in the story fixed up to display the images correctly :) Until then, however, we have to wait :(

I can wait... I think the story so far is just amazing .

Peter

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Thank you Benji for the link to  silly goat tricks...!

Without violating CJ's privacy, can anyone tell us what CJ is up to?  Is he just taking a well deserved rest?  Hope all is well...the continued absence with no news is beginning to be a bit concerning.     :-(

Thanks,

Kevin

• Site Administrator

Exactly what he's up to, I don't know (though he has run a story idea past me that would require a lot of research on his behalf). I do know he's okay, though, because he's beta-reading my new novel for me :) He has mentioned having Internet problems, though, which may be part of the reason he hasn't been on to GA for a while.

He has mentioned having Internet problems, though, which may be part of the reason he hasn't been on to GA for a while.

He has internet problems because he lives on the fringes of civilization..."Arizona. Ari-fri-kin-zona" to quote Rory.

• Like 1

All in all it was quite nice to have CJ not bleating all the time while the overwhelming majority of members here at GA decided to dedicate the Cliffhanger Award to CJ. Also this year he will be getting the Lifetime Achievement Award bestowed on him and the category permanently closed down :)

Imagine the ruckus he would have kicked up if he was around for all that?

Huh? WHAT?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? But but but..... I never, every use cliffhangers!!!! ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what he's up to, I don't know (though he has run a story idea past me that would require a lot of research on his behalf). I do know he's okay, though, because he's beta-reading my new novel for me :) He has mentioned having Internet problems, though, which may be part of the reason he hasn't been on to GA for a while.

I've had internet problems, plus life got super hectic. I basically had to deal with a lot of things, including an illness in the family (thankfully resolved, but it was a rough go), so my internet time went basically to zero.

I've been away on business a lot, and had a lot of work to do at home as well; I had to create a wildfire buffer zone around my house, so I spent a lot of quality time with my chain saw.  Thankfully, Monsoon season is here, and the rain has ended the fire danger, so I'm far happier.

To be honest, I think the writing pace of Circumnavigation burned me out for quite a bit; it was a struggle to churn out a chapter a week for a 99 chapter novel. It was also a real challenge to get it all posted by the end of December (December 186th, I think?)   0:)

Actually, seeing as you bought it up, I'm going to have to admit another of the reasons for my absence; the cliffhangers in your novel made me catatonic for weeks on end! <shudder> I was traumatized... :ph34r:

He has internet problems because he lives on the fringes of civilization..."Arizona. Ari-fri-kin-zona" to quote Rory.

Yep... at best lately, I have a lag state of 300 miliseconds and packet loss. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get satellite internet (which is my only other option here...). 

And... things are at last less hectic for me, so I'm really back this time, which means I'll be logging in one or twice a week at least. :)

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..