I think everyone wonders a little bit about Jameson. Seriously though, he's the twin of a gay young man, both brought up in a balanced household where hugs and kisses are OK - this makes him a very touchy and tactile person, and because he's so close to Erin, he's not got the normal guy-boundaries that prohibit hugs and cuddles and standing much too close.

I'm sorry that you couldn't resist! you must have read through the whole back catalogue by now Gary.

That makes total sense and I pretty much understood that...but it just seemed sometimes that he felt an attraction to Luke...glad I am wrong. And yes I HAVE gone through your entire back catalogue and it was an awesome thing. On that note, I must say that while I got what you were doing and saying with Brumby...It was the only one of your stories that left me uneasy. His character was too cold and detached for me to feel at all close to him. I totally understand the love for a horse...and that you can even be in love with a horse but I thought his singlemindedness wasn't necessary and the way he treated a man who loved him left me cold. Maybe he just hasn't found the right one yet...or maybe the horse is all he has room in his heart for. At any rate, I loved my numerous Sasha days...Sasha Sundays just weren't enough. I am going to try to wait until Redemption is finished before I read it ...wish me luck and cheers...Gary

• Like 1

I got $5 that says Gary gives in and starts reading Redemption before the last chapter is published!

Guys...Am I really that transparent?...lol...I am not taking the bet either Timothy.....Kitt...how do you have my number already? I am going to have to work on being more mysterious....cheers...Gary

• Like 1

Guys...Am I really that transparent?...lol...

Nah we just want you to suffer from the anxiously-waiting-for-a-new-chapter-from-Sasha jitters along with us. :evil:

But today is a great day - it's Tueday and this means a new Redemption chapter. It's such a fun story, you really ought to try it, Gary. :whistle:  :gikkle:

• Like 2

Nah we just want you to suffer from the anxiously-waiting-for-a-new-chapter-from-Sasha jitters along with us. :evil:

But today is a great day - it's Tueday and this means a new Redemption chapter. It's such a fun story, you really ought to try it, Gary. :whistle:  :gikkle:

Very funny Timothy....I already said I wasn't taking the bet..lol...I do have some willpower....although the power of Sasha is a force to be reckoned with...God help me....cheers...Gary

Guys, I may be privileged to see the chapters before you do, but all that really means is that i am that much deeper into the story and still chomping at the bit waiting for the next one!

• Like 2

The last two chapters of Direct Confusion are meaty and happy and sad and sweet and tender and horrific and tearful… and lots of things but above all just a bit overwhelming. The horror of Greg getting killed by a drunk driver after surviving combat deserves a long howl by some of your wolves, and yet the reality of the situation as you portrayed it was spot on. The guilt and shame of the survivors -- especially Luke after not staying for dinner -- is so insurmountable at the moment that Luke and his family are doing and saying things that would never be said otherwise and not saying things that they should. It takes a lot to break that cycle. I do hope that they make it. I really want Luke and Erin to be together and good for each other as they have been so far. Thanks, Sasha, for bringing reality with such grittiness, compassion, and care. I don't have to like the situation to appreciate the storyline.

• Like 4

Arrrrrgh... where did it go, where did it go... I just spent eons creating the most witty and urbane contribution to this discussion and the pup dropped his head on the keyboard and... well, it's gone.

Let us begin anew...

The Sashaforce, is that anything like the Polar Vortex? Might it cause snow in the great north of Alaska, where sled dogs run? Or is it more like a transporter device that could send us to Chalk Horse Valley or if not there maybe to some happy place where we needn't weep in anguish for beloved characters.

Somehow I suspect it will do none of those things at present. Rather we continue to get well crafted though often anguishingly painful snippets. We share life events that create an overarching sense of empathy for pen and ink creations that rise from the pages [okay, bits and bytes] to become real enough to take hold of our emotions and well being. We hope with, celebrate with, dance with and weep with people we sometimes wish we could be.

I could of course blather on needlessly to tell you things you already know such as ... I really like your work ... I respect your talent ... I hate when you make us cry ... Kitt's a wonderful editor ... that I am often overwhelmed, dumbfounded and awed by the skillful play of words you put before us.

Please keep writing ... just keep writing and we will read all you provide.

PS - I'm waiting until you complete Redemption before I begin reading so I expect Gary to remain faithful, and not weaken before temptation.

PPS - Might I be made an honorary member of the horse brigade? Years ago when I was still young, handsome and brave I rode everyday. So please sirs and lady may I?

• Like 1

thank you Dugh and Hillj for the wonderful things you have said. 

in a situation such as this, the mounting grief and horror, all that seems appropriate is for me to apologise, mostly to Luke and his family, and a lot to you guys.

I'm sorry, it'll get better.

Arrrrrgh... where did it go, where did it go... I just spent eons creating the most witty and urbane contribution to this discussion and the pup dropped his head on the keyboard and... well, it's gone.

Let us begin anew...

The Sashaforce, is that anything like the Polar Vortex? Might it cause snow in the great north of Alaska, where sled dogs run? Or is it more like a transporter device that could send us to Chalk Horse Valley or if not there maybe to some happy place where we needn't weep in anguish for beloved characters.

Somehow I suspect it will do none of those things at present. Rather we continue to get well crafted though often anguishingly painful snippets. We share life events that create an overarching sense of empathy for pen and ink creations that rise from the pages [okay, bits and bytes] to become real enough to take hold of our emotions and well being. We hope with, celebrate with, dance with and weep with people we sometimes wish we could be.

I could of course blather on needlessly to tell you things you already know such as ... I really like your work ... I respect your talent ... I hate when you make us cry ... Kitt's a wonderful editor ... that I am often overwhelmed, dumbfounded and awed by the skillful play of words you put before us.

Please keep writing ... just keep writing and we will read all you provide.

PS - I'm waiting until you complete Redemption before I begin reading so I expect Gary to remain faithful, and not weaken before temptation.

PPS - Might I be made an honorary member of the horse brigade? Years ago when I was still young, handsome and brave I rode everyday. So please sirs and lady may I?

Hey Dughlas

I am not succumbing yet to the temptation but I have to admit to the occasional tremor...It is kinda like walking by a chocolate eclair on a plate in a private part of the dining room where no one would see you if you took a little bite...but you know that if you just wait, you could have the whole thing and not feel guilty. SashaForce is a powerful thing so it is an ongoing battle with no guarantees of success...it is particularly difficult when you know that you won't really lose either way :huh: ...here's to solidarity, my man...

All it takes to be part of the horse brigade is to have a deep and abiding love for the Beauty that is Horse...A tingle and a twinge when you watch one lope across a paddock or sail over over a jump to please their rider...no invitation is necessary...cheers...Gary

• Like 3

Seems an appropriate analogy since Sasha is a major Force with pastry.

If it was a chocolate eclair I could pass it by, there other things more tempting. I live in area populated by the Amish and Mennonites and we have an abundance of simple sweets that I find far more difficult to let pass. Things like whoopie pies. Really a hand-sized moist cake sandwich cookie, usually choclate, with a fluffy buttercream filling that can be flavored with peanut butter, coffee, raspberry, etc.

Living in said area also leads to a preponderance of horses. Draft horses for working the fields, standardbreds for drawing buggies and wagons and pleasure horses of all types for riding, those typically belong to us "English" better known as non-plain folk. There is a farm that boards horses with pastures that back up to my yard. I see horses everyday at work and play and all are beautiful.

• Like 2

Things like whoopie pies. Really a hand-sized moist cake sandwich cookie, usually choclate, with a fluffy buttercream filling that can be flavored with peanut butter, coffee, raspberry, etc.

Now you've made my mouth water. Literally. I'm going to have to go and raid the cupboard. Or the freezer for some ice cream (it's a heat wave here). Oops just drooled all over my keyboard. :P   :X  :facepalm:

• Like 1