Ummm - would it be fair for me to place bets on that?

Some parts have been refined since its original posting avid. Most of the changes are in the last chapter or two though.

Ummm - would it be fair for me to place bets on that?

Some parts have been refined since its original posting avid. Most of the changes are in the last chapter or two though.

no, you know the answers ma! you can just gloat

I'm not going to bet either, 'cause I cheated and read the old version on LitE. All I can say is that Kurt's reaction was fully justified. Anyway I was happy to see that Tay finally found a way to get Kurt to enjoy some hot stuff in his human body. Hopefully Kurt will now add blowjobs to his list of things (ch 1) that was good about being human :)

Keep reading! Not only is the edited version a bit more enjoyable, towards the end Sasha made a few changes and added a completely new chapter. And that is as close to a spoiler as you are gonna get from me!

This story became my life for a day... maybe two. (I hope you write a sequel)  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  *cough* I may have googled your name and found a copy *cough*  :ph34r:

Kitt's right, and the new version is way better. new ending too.

and *cough*yes*cough* there might be a sequel in the works. there is also a heavily fully typo-edited version becoming a paperback book very soon.

also - thank you! we love you pull people into our fun little world.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm ... Must go and read this again. I read it over on LitE like a year ago and loved it but I look forward to reading a re-edited one :) *puts on list*

like Ma said, welcome back. 

of course, there'll be the totally super edited and perfect edition available in paperback really soon....

[First part posted in Reviews of the recent chapter, but I had some other thoughts and thought that the Discussion Forum would be a better forum.]

I keep wondering if there could be a joint "alphaship" somewhere: Kurt Alpha as wolf and Tay Alpha as human. They would make an awesome duo, but it would certainly be stretching the borders of a relatively conservative (in terms of change) society. The other twist could be that Jene and Tahryn's older sister (starts with a "C") seem to be getting close. Perhaps the four of them could start a new pack with a wickedly different social structure -- or peacefully take over the pack that Murray Hill is leading.

One question about your werewolf universe: are the rules/workings consistent across all your stories? In either case, in this story when Kurt can eventually shift again, will his injuries become fully healed? I know Tahryn will not care about his scars, but I worry that it will make Kurt even more uncomfortable with his human body. At least Degan thinks they are close to mating as human -- and I would agree if Kurt human can just keep a check on Kurt wolf.

Thanks, Sasha -- and thanks to Kitt (and others?) who are involved in editing. :worship:

One question about your werewolf universe: are the rules/workings consistent across all your stories? In either case, in this story when Kurt can eventually shift again, will his injuries become fully healed? I know Tahryn will not care about his scars, but I worry that it will make Kurt even more uncomfortable with his human body. At least Degan thinks they are close to mating as human -- and I would agree if Kurt human can just keep a check on Kurt wolf.

Thanks, Sasha -- and thanks to Kitt (and others?) who are involved in editing. :worship:

Hey Hillj,

So, like all truly disorganised writers, i have two shifter universes. There is the universe where Born Wolf, MUSH!, and other happen. and the world where Summer Camp and Falling For A Bear happen. Other than that, yes, there is consistency.

The reson that Kurt can't shift while he is injured is the same reason one cannot shift while pregnant. When shifting, the body rejects all "foreign" matter, bones break and re heal. He could shift, but on shifting back to human, he might end up with his broken bone sticking out through his flesh, because things won't aline the way they otherwise would. 

As for Tahryn, Kurt, Chaska and Jene - I could tell you, but I won't. Surprises are more fun. I will tell you however that a takeover isn't on the cards, mostly because the New Forest is out of MY personal home territory and would be too hard to write about for an extended period.

Thanks for the insights, Sasha. About the shifting question, it was whether the scars would repair themselves once Kurt CAN SHIFT again. It was more from the theoretical perspective of this shifter universe -- although I realize it may be a spoiler so I'm good to wait for the answer in the story and then discuss it again afterwards.

By the way I do appreciate how you go into more details about your shifter universes here. Not every author is willing to get into the messy and sometimes inconsistent details of their universes.

John

Thanks for the insights, Sasha. About the shifting question, it was whether the scars would repair themselves once Kurt CAN SHIFT again. It was more from the theoretical perspective of this shifter universe -- although I realize it may be a spoiler so I'm good to wait for the answer in the story and then discuss it again afterwards.

By the way I do appreciate how you go into more details about your shifter universes here. Not every author is willing to get into the messy and sometimes inconsistent details of their universes.

John

Welcome.

No, Kurt's scars will not "magically" heal when he shifts forms, but because of his excellent werewolf metabolism, they will be MUCH fainter than if he were human. 

I will always answers questions which do not reveal spoilers.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from Sasha's reply to a review...

"Tay did have a dumb, horny and stupid moment... "

Dumb, horney and stupid? Doesn't this describe pretty much all teenagers at some point regardless of gender, sexual orientation or maturity in the rest of his/her life?

• Like 1

Quote from Sasha's reply to a review...

"Tay did have a dumb, horny and stupid moment... "

Dumb, horney and stupid? Doesn't this describe pretty much all teenagers at some point regardless of gender, sexual orientation or maturity in the rest of his/her life?

Yes. point.

What's the difference between dumb and stupid ?

asked by the Dane who is too lazy to go and fetch his dictionary :)

And I think horny is more likely to be a failing of males (teenagers or not). The phrase 'think with his dick/cock' doesn't really have an equivalent for females. :P  

Is there a werewolf equivalent to testosterone / estrogen ? Something that affects both sexes, since it triggers the shifting with the onset of puberty ?

On reading ch 9.1:

Totally awesome even if most of it was utterly sad :,(

The only thing I wondered about was the difference between gestation time for Kurt and Yulva. We were told Kurt was three weeks early, because wolf gestation time was shorter than human, but Mary was several days overdue.

Not that there has to be an explanation, I'm fine with a 'just because' answer. I just wondered if you'd thought about it ? I like to speculate on such conundrums. I found two possible explanations, but I don't want to embarrass myself with silly guesses on the forum, if you already have the answer.

Something you guys may not even be aware of is the fact that human babies rarely stick to the "normal gestation" period and will show up anywhere from a couple weeks early to a couple weeks late. Babies are notorious for telling a doctor what to do with their time tables.

On reading ch 9.1:

Totally awesome even if most of it was utterly sad :,(

The only thing I wondered about was the difference between gestation time for Kurt and Yulva. We were told Kurt was three weeks early, because wolf gestation time was shorter than human, but Mary was several days overdue.

Not that there has to be an explanation, I'm fine with a 'just because' answer. I just wondered if you'd thought about it ? I like to speculate on such conundrums. I found two possible explanations, but I don't want to embarrass myself with silly guesses on the forum, if you already have the answer.

Something you guys may not even be aware of is the fact that human babies rarely stick to the "normal gestation" period and will show up anywhere from a couple weeks early to a couple weeks late. Babies are notorious for telling a doctor what to do with their time tables.

Ma is correct.

Babies are weird like that. Kurt's short gestation period is supposed to have been caused by the fact that wolves have a shorter pregnancy, but Yulva's birth kinda throws that theory out a little bit. it opens up the idea that Born-wolf births are not predictable, and who knows, do they even have to be pack-related?

Kurt's short gestation period is supposed to have been caused by the fact that wolves have a shorter pregnancy, but Yulva's birth kinda throws that theory out a little bit. it opens up the idea that Born-wolf births are not predictable, and who knows, do they even have to be pack-related?

One of my theories was that Mary was pregnant and had a very early miscarriage, which she just thought was a random bleeding (apparently some women go through almost a whole pregnancy without realizing, because they still have 'periods', there was one example in the news the other day). And then she got pregnant again immediately afterwards and that's why the gestation time was a bit longer than normal for a human child, but about right for a wolf cub.

My other theory was even weirder :)