gallery_18065_1023_14640.png

Welcome to the madness of sled dog racing, where staying up for days on end is sort of normal, and everyone cares so much about the dogs, that the mushers often get left behind and have to fend on broken bread sticks and candy bars.

The kids of the Sabaakax family have decided to enter The Last Great Race on Earth, the Iditarod, and as far as Socco, Natu and Dinahei are concerned, completing the race is a matter of the future of their happiness together as a couple who aren't.

MUSH! happens in a different universe to that of Summer Camep, so being a shifter is a matter of hereditary, whatever gender you are. These guys run in the same world as the pack from Born Wolf, but just on the other side of the planet. Pull on your gloves and booties people, it's winter in Alaska.

• Like 2

LOL he isn't kidding! I find myself referring back to this thing every time I edit a chapter!

So we should print it out. Is that what you are saying?  ;) Story aides are useful.

So we should print it out. Is that what you are saying?  ;) Story aides are useful.

put it this way Ron, I have two copies full of different annotations just to try and keep consistent with the characters. that's a lot of huskies.

Wish I'd know that chart was here before I read the first chapter again. I'd have had it next to me while reading, cause my head was spinning trying to keep the relations clear. Anyway, great story and lots of potential for conflict, drama and love. Looking forward to more, especially the family dynamics and the three-mates love story.

Oh and I wondered if both Kipa and Socco has grey and black hair ? Or maybe that got mixed up ?

Edited by Timothy M.

Thanks for volunteering to edit for the print version of the novel Tob!

Socco is dark grey and white, thus his hair is steely grey. His sister's fur is dove grey and white, so her hair is sort of blue-grey. don't you love my inconsistencies?

Edited by Sasha Distan

put it this way Ron, I have two copies full of different annotations just to try and keep consistent with the characters. that's a lot of huskies.

Agreed! That's a lot of huskies. Have fun keeping track of them. I'll use the flowchart!

TimothyM Yes, I got to be first to express my admiration for your new story. Liked the fact that the humans blended into the family and that the Alpha sees the quality in Dinahei. Hope he'll rule in favor of the threesome if things get nasty.

snapback.png Reply from Sasha Distan (author)

you're all about the threesomes... Dinahei, Natu and Socco are a special sort of relationship all their own. 

Yep I love threesomes of all kinds ;) But this one seems special because they're mates and love each other on so many levels. And I got my wish in Ch 2 because the Alpha promised he would help them be together if they did well in the race. Talk about incentive !!!

I'm new to this forum business, so I apologize in advance for any faux pas I may commit.   I find it very interesting that the personalities and pack interactions of the werewolves in your two stories are so different.  When you add in the bear/lynx/rabbit personalities and dynamics, it seems obvious that you see the shifters as as varied and complex as human society within which they must live.  

I'm new to this forum business, so I apologize in advance for any faux pas I may commit.   I find it very interesting that the personalities and pack interactions of the werewolves in your two stories are so different.  When you add in the bear/lynx/rabbit personalities and dynamics, it seems obvious that you see the shifters as as varied and complex as human society within which they must live.  

Oh yeah, shifters are just as complex as people, possibly more so. for me, it's not so much the way i see it, as just the way it surely must be. People who work with animals know that every horse is not the same, nor is every breed. People who believe that all, Alsations for instance, are loud and violent dogs purely because some are trained as guard dogs are surely lumped into the same catagory as those who think all women can cook because historically they worked in kitchens. I can't judge any species by the actions of a few, especially not shifters.

Born Wolf and MUSH! happen within the same universe, but FFAB and Summer Camp (where the rabbits, lynx and most of the bears live) is another universe, hence the massive difference in the way they shift. 

The world of MUSH! has great dynamics i think, mostly because they aren't werewolves, but husky dogs who have a bit 'more human' in them if you like. Shifters who aren't one side wild tend to have an easier ride of things. 

Impressive wih all the background information in the latest chapter, mainly the racing stories that you had to come up with for Mak's reading.

My reference book stack for this story is about eight inches high. thanks.

• 1 month later...

I noticed today that the status for the story states it is "on hold". Will you be continuing it at some point in the near future? MUSH is one of three stories that I am currently reading where I anxiously await each and every update. Born Wolf along with one of Mark Arbour's round out the group. I hope you didn't stop thinking there was not enough interest in the story. I am reticent about adding reviews to stories because 1) I am rather shy and 2) worry that I have nothing meaningful to say. Nonetheless I very much enjoy your story.

Regards,

dughlas

I noticed today that the status for the story states it is "on hold". Will you be continuing it at some point in the near future? MUSH is one of three stories that I am currently reading where I anxiously await each and every update. Born Wolf along with one of Mark Arbour's round out the group. I hope you didn't stop thinking there was not enough interest in the story. I am reticent about adding reviews to stories because 1) I am rather shy and 2) worry that I have nothing meaningful to say. Nonetheless I very much enjoy your story.

Regards,

dughlas

Anything you have to say in a review is totally worth it. even if it's just "hi".

I didn't stop for lack of interest in the story, though i'll admit that the low number of reviews for a story concept that i really like does trouble me. it became spring, and the huskies went to sleep. I haven't been able to get Socco to shut up since december, he's such a chatty little bugger, and all of a sudden he stopped talking. if i had nothing else on, i could force it, but i don't think any of us would be happy with the end result.

Sorry.

• Like 1

Sometimes we don't review because we're just so in awe of how good the story is :)

At least I know that the better the writer is and the more clever the chapter is, the harder it can be to match it with a meaningful review. And because I can only leave one review per chapter, I really want it to count (not just be 'another great chapter'). Often I'll think about it for a day or two and then comment when I read again.

Because reading your stories once isn't enough :P

We may not be a huge fan base, but we're pretty eager and rabid about following your writings, Sasha. And you know Quality is better than Quantity - not just with chocolate :lol:

• Like 1

I find it difficult to add reviews to Mush because it is such a wonderfully complex and unified "tail". It seems repetitive to keep repeating that over and over again. I was wary that even you could juggle so many characters with similar family traits and keep them individual and unique. You continue to surprise. It also isn't my style to comment on the plot twists as you are the driver and i am along for the ride. Stylewise you continue develop as an amazing writer so thank you and i hope to see more of the Sasabax team in the near future.

All the best

• Like 1

I find it difficult to add reviews to Mush because it is such a wonderfully complex and unified "tail". It seems repetitive to keep repeating that over and over again. I was wary that even you could juggle so many characters with similar family traits and keep them individual and unique. You continue to surprise. It also isn't my style to comment on the plot twists as you are the driver and i am along for the ride. Stylewise you continue develop as an amazing writer so thank you and i hope to see more of the Sasabax team in the near future.

All the best

I promise, when the first snow falls in my head, I promise they'll be back.

and thank you, for all the nice things you said, continue to say, and having faith.

• 3 weeks later...

Just sat down and read MUSH last week after not doing so. Love it. Looking forward to when you continue Sasha.

I was thinking, this song really seems to fit the story; especially the parts in the female voice. The parts by Pitbull, not entirely.

Edited by Wicked Witch

Just sat down and read MUSH last week after not doing so. Love it. Looking forward to when you continue Sasha.

I was thinking, this song really seems to fit the story; especially the parts in the female voice. The parts by Pitbull, not entirely.

I wonder if i could find a version that's just the female lyrics, because you're right, and that's awesome. thank you WW.

When i get back to it, you'll all be first to know (apart from Ma). pray for snow eh?