• 4 months later...

You told me to get myself over here, so I've done just that. Do you have some news, dear?  :P

for some reason, I wasn't automatically following this thread, so I didn't see that you'd stopped by.

I sadly, do not have  MUSH! related news. It is not doing the right kind of snowing right now. It's a poor excuse I know, but when I was working with the dogs, I got the impressions that generally, it wasn't what people wanted. That wasn't the only reason  I left them sleeping in the snow, but it contributed to it. Generally my fans were kind of silent until after the fact...

Oh ... I popped in too thinking snow might soon be in the forecast only to find things hushed ...

I'll let you know when the weather changes...

Generally my fans were kind of silent until after the fact...

I first read with The Holliday Story Event. Which I liked very much, and much to my surprise--considering the characters (they're huskies). When you began writing the actual series, I waited for chapters to get ahead while I finished up other reading. Then, when I was ready to begin the series, you stopped writing. So, admittedly, I haven't read any of MUSH!, but I'm confident of your skill to make it interesting. I will wait until it snows and then dive in, for sure.

• Like 1

I will offer you this tidbit in the hope that it'll make it snow. Even though they're Alaskan Malamutes and not huskies. I got told off because of the insane barking though, so you might want to turn down the volume.

I'm sticking to my opinion that with no romantic threesome you've got a second National Velvet on your hands.

Edited by Irritable1

I will offer you this tidbit in the hope that it'll make it snow. Even though they're Alaskan Malamutes and not huskies. 

"husky" is actual a general term that covers all manner of Northern sled dog species, including the malamute, the siberian and various other "inuit dogs" all of whom pull sleds. malamutes tend to bigger, thicker set and fluffier, which makes them great for long haul exploration but less good in a race like the Iditarod.

I love that as soon as the pair realised they were "working" the barking reaching cacophonous levels.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hey Sasha, the preparations for the next Iditarod are underway - isn't that a good time to continue the story? having finished the latest chapter late last night, I decided to join the ITC to support this worthy cause! So please think about the next chapter, winter is at our doorstep! 

Have a nice and inspirational week-end!

Ibex

Hey Sasha, the preparations for the next Iditarod are underway - isn't that a good time to continue the story? having finished the latest chapter late last night, I decided to join the ITC to support this worthy cause! So please think about the next chapter, winter is at our doorstep! 

Have a nice and inspirational week-end!

Ibex

Hi Ibex,

So glad you're supporting the ITC too! it's so worthwhile.

Unfortunately "good times" to start/continue/finish writing are dictated solely by the voices in my head - and since the voice is currently named Clem and talking in a Texan accent - that doesn't look like it's gonna happen soon.

I will get back to them, there are signs of life: it would just help if it was actually cold this winter.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, it's getting colder....and 90 teams have already signed up for the last great race....No Saabax yet amongst them!

Sunday the frost shall reach the deepest darkest rural Sussex! Time to snuggle up on those bearskin rugs at the fireplace, with hot chocolate and a dram of the rare old mountain dew and eagerly await news from our favorite pup in the lead!

Edited by IBEX
  • Like 3

Ah, it's getting colder....and 90 teams have already signed up for the last great race....No Saabax yet amongst them!

Sunday the frost shall reach the deepest darkest rural Sussex! Time to snuggle up on those bearskin rugs at the fireplace, with hot chocolate and a dram of the rare old mountain dew and eagerly await news from our favorite pup in the lead!

*looks out of window*

it's barely cold here. also, it's hard to concentrate when by brain is pulling me in the other directions. but it's a nice idea. if only i could afford to write full time - then you'd totally have a full book by now.