Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Flux Music Recomendations

Chapter 16

-When Matt and Brad have their confrontation on the beach.

"Head-On Collision" by NewFound Glory

I got "Sticks and Stones" from Hot Topic back in 2002, and I fucking LOVED that album when I was 16.

-When Brad has his flashback to his fight with Robbie in 1985.

"In-Between Days" by The Cure

Thank you, Archives. I used this tune for that scene when I did the Man in Motion music recs. The mid-1980's was a really fun music time period to explore.

-When Brad comes to terms with Robbie and his son, deciding to finally forgive Robbie.

"Why" by Annie Lennox

-When Barry lays out the plan for how Will and Zach will have their closeted relationship.

"Somebody's Eyes" from Footloose The Musical

Footloose was one of those musical adaptions that I thought, for the most part, stayed on par or even improved on the source material. I also appreciated that they actually used songs from the movies, as opposed to Fame the Musical (seriously, how the hell can you have Fame the Musical without Fame being sung?) or The Wedding Singer Musical. (No ""Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me" by the Culture Club? No "True" by Spandeau Ballet? No "White Wedding" by Billy Idol? Seriously?)

When they did the Footloose remake, they should have just done the musical. It worked out for Hairspray, that's for sure.

Not a big fan of the NewFoundGlory song, but I can see why you picked it for that scene. 

I liked the flashback to the Cure.  It was a good choice then, and it still is.

Annie Lennox is just weird. But that was a good song and a great choice.

The song from Footloose was just an awesome choice!

Thanks. I love the Cure song, and I was so glad that I could use that song and it wasn't an 1986 song, which happens to me so much. LOL.

I'm glad you appreciated Annie Lennox. She's not usually my cup of tea, but I love that tune.

My alma mater AND my old high school put on "Footloose" in 2010 or 2011. Other than the cheapening of the city council scene it's a pretty good musical. I wouldn't put it on the same level as "Spring Awakening" but I really liked how they took this song which was on the movie soundtrack, and reworked it so that instead of being about sneaking around a relationship, it became more about being under the microscope and struggling against small-town mindsets and condemnation.

• Like 2

When they did the Footloose remake, they should have just done the musical. It worked out for Hairspray, that's for sure.

I liked the remake, I watched it for the first time a couple days ago. Granted, I already liked Julianne Hough's music, and Kenny Wormald is cute, so I was predisposed to like what I saw no matter what was on screen, but I genuinely liked a lot of it. It's cliché to have the preacher's daughter to enjoy sex, but still, her character reminded me of a few people from back home.

Also, remember way back when you wondered if it's possible for someone to give the impression of being taller while they are sitting?

id154960.jpg

The gentleman in question is 5'5".

• Like 1

I liked the Footloose remake- I don't think Kenny Wormald or Julianne Hough were as strong in acting as Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer were, but they beat the originals in acting, that's for sure. Ren also kind of seemed more like a kid than Kevin Bacon did, which is funny, because Kenny was 2 years older than Kevin Bacon when they filmed the movie. I think back in the 1980's though, people in their mid-20's were just more mature , older-looking, and adult-like than they are now, I think. Of course, they were the Yuppie Generation.

I'm just saying though...I really did like the musical. I think it's a musical that could've translated pretty well, as opposed to Spring Awakening, which I hope NEVER gets made because I know it'd get butchered beyond recognition.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 18

-When Brad goes to New York City to get Robbie's rings and finally, deep-down accepts that Robbie is really and truly gone.

"Gymnopedie No. 1" by Erik Satie

What a great song for the scene AFTER that one (which we don't see), where Brad has the rings and is riding in the limo back to the condo in Tribeca.

Good choice Jeremy!

Chapter 19

-When the group meets Josh, who outlines his plan for bringing the outdated 1980's club into the new millenium, and Matt has an idea about where he's having his apartment.

"Point of View" by DB Boulevard

If there's one thing I don't know, it would be 2002 gay club music as I was a sheltered 16-year old who didn't party until I was 19, so I hope I came up with something heard that sounds like it fits the place and time. LOL.

-When Matt and Will get ready for their night of clubbing.

"Come On Down" by Crystal Waters

Chapter 19

-When the group meets Josh, who outlines his plan for bringing the outdated 1980's club into the new millenium, and Matt has an idea about where he's having his apartment.

"Point of View" by DB Boulevard

If there's one thing I don't know, it would be 2002 gay club music as I was a sheltered 16-year old who didn't party until I was 19, so I hope I came up with something heard that sounds like it fits the place and time. LOL.

-When Matt and Will get ready for their night of clubbing.

"Come On Down" by Crystal Waters

Not really a fan of either song, which doesn't mean they're not good choices.  But I loved the video in the first one!

Chapter 20

-When the boys dance in the Manhole, and Will is brought to completion by a twink.

"Hot In Here" by Nelly

I've been waiting for this one. I'll probably wind up using this more than once before the early 2000's are over. LOL.

-When Will helps out the nerdy guy who got screwed over on his bar tab by cockteases with his Amex.

"The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World

-When Matt has a lame one-night stand with Josh, and gets bothered when it turns out Josh has a boyfriend and didn't tell him before they had sex.

"I Kissed A Drunk Girl" by Something Corporate

-When Will and Matt hang out at the Manhole again, this time with more people being there, but Will admits that he's not all that interested because of Zach.

"Heaven" by DJ Sammy and Yanou

This was a club hit in 2001-2002, I believe. Great tune. I love it a lot. It was on an episode of How I Met Your Mother.

• Like 1

Chapter 21 (Revised)

-When Brad makes his last, final, loving gesture to Robbie.

"Make You Feel My Love" by Trisha Yearwood

I was avoiding this tune, because frankly, hearing the Lea Michele version absolutely guts me, but since Mark didn't seem to like my other tune...I thought I'd go with this one.

Chapter 23

-When Wade tells Matt that he's lonely, and realizing that the freedom comes with a price.

"Harder Now That It's Over" by Ryan Adams

-When Brent shows off Robbie's 1968 El Dorado, the car he drove as a teenager.

"Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf

-When the 2002 4th of July event gets underway, and Matt and Wade joke about the rednecks.

"Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" by Toby Keith

This was number 1 on the country charts at the time. Damn. People were out for blood then. No wonder the Iraq War happened.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Again, you have no proof.

(I actually like "I Should Know" a little better, though I do like the music video for "Days go By")

Weird story, but I bought that album while on vacation in Palm Springs, the last family trip before I went off the college. I listened to it quite a bit on the trip, and for some reason my brain decided "Dirty Vegas" equaled "100+ temperatures," and for a good year I could make myself feel that warmth just by listening to the CD.

Edited by B1ue
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chapter 41

-When Matt tells Wade about his kinky sex room in the Chicago apartment that he made for them, and the two have some fun.

"Down to U" by Ja Rule ft. Ashanti, Charli Baltimore, and Vita

I got this off of the August 3, 2002 Top 10 Billboard chart. Interestingly enough, there were only 2 non-hip/hop songs in the Top 10 for that week- "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne, and "Hero" by Chad Kroeger, best known for Nickelback. Really does match up to my memory of the time of hip-hop being a hard thing to escape from if you were trying to listen to Top 40 radio.

-When Matt and Alex have dirty, dirty sex with absolutely no emotional attachment.

"My Neck, My Back" (Lick It) by Khia (NSFW)

Damn, this decade had some really nasty as hell tunes. LOL. You can't deny that it fits, though.

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..