Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Flight 370

The australian gov reported two satellite imagines they found for the wreckage

In CJ story the australian military tracks ships n planes ... question how far out to sea do they track?

is 1500 miles too far off the coast? I forgot how far trevor was showing on on radar?

(aside- has anyone submitted a pic of what trevor n shane looks like lol)

Australia long range radar is based in the centre of Australia and is over the horizon radar.  Its true capability is not know.  And by its nature is a statistical based system.  That is although it is reported to be able to detect aircraft and ships 5000km away.  It may only see them for part of the time, for say 5mins in every hour or when the atmospheric conditions are right.  For ship and boats, this is not a problem as they do not move fast.  The radar is also directed north, and although there are interesting side lobes and back lobes, ie South west towards Atlantis or the alleged positon of flight 370.  The aircraft suggested path is on the edge of the Australian radar. Whether Australia radar saw it, a phantom or post mathematical treatement of the radar data indicated  possible contact, you guess is a good as mine or indeed the Australian Radar People. 

Since in the recent past boats have turned up at Christmas Island (3500km) unannouced, it is fair to say that increased radar detection is being sought.by the Australians.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be weird if the plane crash 1100 miles west of Kalbarri National Park??

Rather than 1500 miles southwest of perth

Rather than 1100 miles west of Perth 

It be a Trevor ironic ... any way it be interesting to assume that someone played w flight simulator about flying to perth

the plane had 7.5hrs fuel - 1.6hrs wasted => 5.9 hrs remaining at 29.5K last altitude flying a parallel course to perth

its short of 6.15hrs to get to perth from last tracked position

so being 350 miles short lands you around the latitude of Kalbarri National Park

this might be outside of their 2nd search box ... so perhaps we'll hear of a 3rd search box

Edited by hh5

B) ..........I wasn't going to comment on this topic because of the tragedy involved, but once they said that they broadened their search off Australia I immediately thought of Trevor and his voyage there, funny I wondered at the time how many others had the same flash. I honestly think this is a wake-up call for GPS to be installed on all planes, if this plane fell into the roaring '40s it may never be found. :( 

actually its a wake up call to other technologies

* Satellite Internet - download current status to Airline Cloud computers

* Buoy the black box for ping transmission

* black box storage upgrade to 20hrs recording

* black box battery for 12 months

the first item would allow locating the plane to hours and some days rather than months\years

the question is this the titanic to warrant the changes?

that last air france crash in the atlantic took 2yrs to find the plane

B) ..........I wasn't going to comment on this topic because of the tragedy involved, but once they said that they broadened their search off Australia I immediately thought of Trevor and his voyage there, funny I wondered at the time how many others had the same flash. I honestly think this is a wake-up call for GPS to be installed on all planes, if this plane fell into the roaring '40s it may never be found. :(

Edited by hh5

GPS is already fitted on 80% of aircraft and the going rate to have that data record by Imarstat (Internationa maritime Statalite comunications ) is 10 to 20 dollars a flight.

* Satellite Internet - download current status to Airline Cloud computers  The capability is there for the majority of flights, it is a matter of actually agreeing (politically and otherwise)

* Buoy the black box for ping transmission  Not feasible, the two black boxes are built like brick shithouses, and weight a ton, and situated in the tail of the aircraft for maximum protection, the boxes will sink with no acess to any attached buoy.

* black box storage upgrade to 20hrs recording This is already happening, as in all things in the aircraft industry it is being done with new unit having longer time but existing devices are not upgraded until repair or replacement. 

* black box battery for 12 months I may be wrong but this is not currently mandated, however the the newer units do actually have a longer battery life than specified.  However, nobody actual knows what it is. The only way is to run tests which take time and are only indicative.  As they are not mandated nobody in their right mind is willing to quote.

>> Buoy the black box for ping transmission 

that be a buoy and a long cable to the surface much like how some of the submarines are doing n military aircraft, no black box is tethered, it will aid in finding the plane

the issues is that all this is gonna be five years of red tape before something is hammered out thats if they agree to discuss

Edited by hh5

found a nice program to help calculate based upon known facts

02:15 from very small island of Pulau Perak in the Strait of Malacca

at 5.25hrs 29.5K at 424nm/hr thats 4118km away at 160 bearing to perth australia

that puts it down West of Kalbarri National Park about 334 miles

if I'm off by 10 degrees then its 747 miles away

so far I heard they went to a third search area

the top of that search box seems pretty close to my coordinates

Edited by hh5

the new search area today overlaps my predicted search area

but they need to move their box to the east

flight-370-search-april2.jpg

searching the trench area might be interesting while the rest of their zone is flat

MH370_Seabed.jpg

--------------

there was an interesting article about the idea that the plane was stolen or hijacked

maldives is not a good idea since its like a hub to other countries and not very remote
detection would be very easy there

Diego Garcia seems remote enough and has a long enough air strip
its 3.75hrs from when the military radar lost contact in the straits

diego-garcia-map3.jpg

but really why go to a remote island, well it avoids radar and one could possible refuel there
i-iatoria-tis-eksafanisis-ton-katoikon-t

in another unrelated article you could possibly fly to baghdad in six to seven hrs and avoid radar detection for most of the flight
then sell the plane or its parts on the blackmarket

diego-garcia-enroute-map.jpg

another funny destination, somalia where true pirates live and doesn't have extradition
thats actually a lot closer than bagdad ... 4hrs flying time
perhaps its better to have a stolen plane there since it can service africa to the pirates\drug lords

lol, in the article someone commented this would make an interesting story but it would be unheard of in this day n age
( circumnavigation book 2, lol )

anyway, I don't recall losing an airplane to skypirates in recent years
(other than fly to cuba or south america)

its been a long time since we had an irwin allen airport movie
I miss dean martin n charlton heston and george kennedy

now who could star in this new movie idea
lol, justin bieber, the somali pirate in the tom hanks movie, etc etc

Edited by hh5

The chinese found a ping signal 1026mile from perth

This is within my search box, lol

thats 834miles from Kalbarri National Park

thats also 793miles from Carnarvon Airport due west

(Trevor would be very pleased)

the rough calculation of altitude and airspeed

16,807ft 361.2737nmh, 5.2505hr
26,998ft 423.48807nmh, 4.4791hrs

some say it was at 29500 when military lost the signal near the indian ocean
so FL270 seems close and if it flew at the est airspeed 424nmh then it had 4.48hrs and crash at 6:43:48 AM
minus its start time 12:40:38AM it flew for roughly 6hrs instead of 7.5hrs

some say it was at 12000
since the chinese found it  Carnarvon Airport level that suggest it flew higher than FL120
it seems that FL168 (16,807ft) at 361nmh for 5.25hrs seems more plausible
then it crash at 7:30am -  flying for almost 7hrs

I do hope they really find the blackbox at this location
the news sounded iffy
Edited by hh5

rough idea of my search box(link google maps)

so far the chinese and the ocean shield is within the box 

I saw the idea of evading radar ... the good question was where's a good place to head

the Malaysian gov't still hasn't release the cargo manifest

one wonders if this was heist for the cargo than just a simple hijack gone wrong

there's been a lot of time wasted in the search

but compared to the air france search ... this one's lucky to have more assets available for the search

the ocean is too big, better technology needs to be installed in planes before the criminals get even smarter

WO-AR949A_MALSE_G_20140407171504.jpg

Edited by hh5

there are ppl who don't like the mystery mh370 is presenting itself or how the search is going

1 - the lack of finding any wreckage unlike Air France 447 had findable wreckage

it makes some ppl think this crash was a controlled ditch with at least one hour of fuel left

2 - the investigation wasted search time by assuming max speed going south to no land it could reach

they should have placed 50 ping locators along the satellite track; that way at least a few of them would find a ping detection

3 - Malaysia has kept the mh370 manifest like a guarded secret. What's in the 13.32 tons of cargo? Can't be all lithium batteries??

4 - Its weird that the chinese was searching an unscheduled area and found the pings

It may also show how the coordinated search was slow to arrive to a more logical search pattern.

There were interesting conspiracies

1 - One thinks that at 02:15AM MH370 as it went out of military radar it followed SIA68 which was headed to Barcelona Spain

SIA68 was approx 130km ahead at FL300 while MH370 was at FL295 perfect for using SIA68 as cover

The idea was to use the cover to get pass india and pakistan radar in order to get into Iran

They had enough fuel to reach Iran Baja International Airport 

2 - Another thinks of a better conspiracy. MH370 headed towards Maldrives (low flying plane sited) and then go south to diego garcia.

They think that Jacob Rothschild (billionaire) is behind the conspiracy to steal plans to the new chip designs that was going to beijing to get registered in china. The idea was to divert the plane to diego garcia unload the 20 passengers question them and steal the designs of the new chip

refuel the plane and send it off to ditch in the indian ocean

Freescale Semiconductor Employees Confirmed Passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370

Malaysia Airlines Flight Spotted In Maldives

I think the hole in theory is that they would need to cover their tracks by inventing mh370 route to the indian ocean from Malaysia

The other issue is how can Jacob Rothschild influence USA military n CIA to allow such piracy and cover up

3 - What if the plane we find in the indian ocean isn't mh370 but some other plane. It might reinforced other conspiracies.

Edited by hh5
  • Site Moderator

Your scenario reminds me of the movie Airport 75 or 77, one of those two, where the plane was landed in the ocean with plans to take the cargo.

• Like 1

The current search area seems to coincides with a course through the cocos (keeling) island

They could have landed there, ppl gotten out and then have plane take off and ditch in the indian ocean current search area

This would be a better alternative than to land at diego garcia

it was fun to used the plotting of airplane courses to see where the plane could have gone

Your scenario reminds me of the movie Airport 75 or 77, one of those two, where the plane was landed in the ocean with plans to take the cargo.

gosh I need to see these movies again 

Edited by hh5

The ten dollar upgrade that could have avoided all this drama

A Simple Computer Upgrade: Washington Post: "A simple computer upgrade that Malaysia Airlines decided not to purchase would have provided critical information to help find the airliner that disappeared 11 days ago. The upgrade ... would have provided investigators with the direction, speed and altitude of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 even after other communications from the plane went dark, said a satellite industry official familiar with the equipment. Data from a similar computer upgrade allowed investigators in the 2009 crash of an Air France jet liner to quickly narrow their search area ... and in five days they found floating evidence of the crash. ... The new information indicates that had the upgrade for a system called Swift been installed [on Flight 370], it would have continued to send flight data by satellite even after the plane’s transponder and Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) communications went dead."

The Cost: WaPo, again: "Many major airlines use the full package of Swift options. The detail it provides is mandated under international aviation guidelines for airlines that ply the busy North Atlantic corridor between the United States and Europe. There are no such requirements elsewhere in the world, the industry official said. ... The application wholesales for about $10 per flight, but airlines pay a higher retail fee. Some airlines have decided they do not want to pay the higher cost for an information stream that they deem unnecessary except under the most extreme circumstances. Zainul Zawawi, area vice president for North American operations at Malaysia Airlines, said he was not authorized to speak about the missing flight and referred questions to airline officials in Malaysia. Efforts to reach those officials were not successful."

Had the Swift system been upgraded to include the full package of applications, it could have sent information on engine performance, fuel consumption, speed, altitude and direction, regardless of whether the transponder and ACARS were working, he said.

“When ACARS is turned off, Swift continues on,” he said. “If you configure Swift to track engine data, that data will be streamed off the plane. It continues to be powered up while the aircraft is powered up.”

Many major airlines use the full package of Swift options. The detail it provides is mandated under international aviation guidelines for airlines that ply the busy North Atlantic corridor between the United States and Europe. There are no such requirements elsewhere in the world, the industry official said.

Edited by hh5

mmm more clues of what happen or more clues that malaysia drop the ball

Malaysia Flight 370: Pilot Made Distress Call & Was Abruptly Cut Off

The pilot of Malaysia Airlines flight 370 reportedly made a phone call that ‘was abruptly cut off’ before the plane mysteriously vanished. Could this new development be the proof needed to confirm the plane’s possible hijacking?
Investigators have learned that a possible life or death phone call was attempted by Fariq Abdul Hamid’s cell just as the Boeing 777 flew near the island of Penang, on the northern side of Malaysia’s western most coast, on March 8.

Pilot Of Missing Malaysia Flight 370 Made Phone Call Before Plane Vanished
The New Straits Times says that the aircraft transporting 239 passengers, was flying low enough for the nearest telecommunications tower to pick up Fariq’s signal, reports the Daily  Mail.

However, the call ended abruptly, and it has been revealed that contact was definitely established with a telecommunications sub-station in Penang state, according to The News Straits Times.

The paper went on to report that “the telco’s (telecommunications company’s) tower” facilitated his call’s connection. 

“On the why the call was cut off, it was likely because the aircraft was fast-moving away from the tower and had not come under the coverage of the next one,” the paper added, quoting “sources.”

That zig zag flight plan\waypoint point was crap because the plane would have to fly at 478knots to cover all that distance

The path that news shows seems to be more plausible

One of zag to zigs went over thailands airspace ... so whoever suggested this path was wrong or proving that thailand is weak during this emergency or be part of the crime

It make sense that the plane would fly a parallel path w indonesia .... it left open a lot of possibilities and that penang phone call 

just confirms the news flight path than the zig zag

Since it will be a long time before we know what was said on the phone ... conspiracy will continue to be fueled n won't be dismissed until the truth comes out

It would be funny if the blackboxes we been following isn't mh370 there was 120nm of off radar time to switch planes as well as hundreds of miles of other off radar time

Indonesia, Cocos, Christmas island, and Australia would be possible landing sites to offload any assets prior to the crash as long as imasat sat is satisfied thats if they didn't have a plane to fool the world with

if they could clone mh370 then the real plane and the passengers could be anywhere in the world ... having two storms in the crash site curned all the evidence away

Would it be funny if there was only blackboxes down there and no plane ... perhaps this would change the airline industry ... the great caper fooled everyone

Is malaysia paying for the entire search n locate bill .... I presume its the insurance thats paying for it??

Malaysia has to pay something for all messing up they been doing during an emergency

I'm surprise there wasn't a lead investigator that could have streamline this entire operation

its been a waste of brute force trying to find wreckage when there is more sophisticated search equipment like those ping buoys

I wonder how many australia has in stock? if they had 100 then 50 could have been used in the irmasat sat track to get ping detections

it could have saved days or weeks of time and then use the rest to get a definitive search area and wreckage search 

gosh to search by ship just for wreckage when you don't know where they flew off to? its a waste of money

lol, I guess all thats been said or not will be followed up in the next airline industry conference and then a push for all planes to be sending out their information in to cloud database but i hear ... it take another five years before anythings implemented n that means something like mh370 could happen again

Edited by hh5

According to hijacking theory its not that difficult to disable or destroy some navigation electronics

article-2582797-1C5E441B00000578-269_634

Just get thru the trapdoor .... but still I think by know someone would have lock the trap door, too??

Right?

The chinese are question why didn't the ELT detach and float n transmit a signal?

article-2582797-1C5DECE300000578-346_634

• 2 weeks later...

A georesonance company clams to have found a possible wreckage that might be flight 370

plane-graphic.jpg

This might confirm that mh370 was shadowing SIA68 which also flies over the sea of bengal

fexWYlE.jpg

there is doubt about the tech but what can it hurt to just send a search party from the north

india or thailand could help

georesonance-flight370-map-original.jpg

Edited by hh5

To reach that site from 2:15AM Last Know contact would be at least another 2:16 of flying time

if it were to crash there it would have to be a controlled crash in order to be intact

but who would do it in total darkness??

For a sky pirates conspiracy it could look like this

* Land the asset plane in the bangladesh area, like an unused airport or abandon airstrip ie:sandwip airport

* Unload assets

* Ditch plane (at georesonance coordinates) by sunrise 5:30AM Bangladesh time (7:30AM Malaysian Time)

* Pickup pirate pilot

* fly a decoy plane after ducking under military radar and reappear on radar w decoy to fly the southern indian ocean to cover the sat tracking

* plant decoy blackboxs

Let the world be puzzled for months or years to come, until a company like georesonance spoil the pirate plot

Edited by hh5

that's dumb minister to stipulate that kind of reasoning

you just have to make request of nearby countries or malaysia themselves to send out a vessel to check it out

no where does it ask to send an australian asset thousands of miles away thus there is no time loss checking out leads

as long as third world countries have little regard to travel n passenger safety there is room for error and perhaps pirating of a plane

in 14 years the third world has not learn the lessons of 911 ... this is now a wake up call

ie: mh370, korean ferry, indonesia hijacking

gosh per malaysia preliminary report they were like the keystone cops, the bad guy got away

Missing flight MH370 live: Updates as it is revealed it took four hours to realise plane was missing

The report reveals a gap of four hours between the first sign that the Malaysia Airlines jet had failed to report in when expected to and the decision to mount a search operation

if we think koreans are safe w transporting cargo how is 5400# of lithium safe?

there is also an unexplained 5.59tons of cargo when you do the math

MH370 Tragedy: No plane wreckage in Bay of Bengal

It was reported that an Australian exploration firm, GeoResonance had claimed to have found the wreckage of MH370 in the Bay of Bengal, about 5,000km from the current search area.
Touching on the new lead, Hishammuddin said he at first was looking at the possibility of getting an appropriate vessel to search the area to confirm that lead.
"But, I just want to stress that by doing that, we are distracting ourselves from the main search.
"If we went there and the result from the search was negative, who is going to be responsible for that loss of time? Having more vessels out there (Bay of Bengal) will affect the search in the (current) area," he added.

Edited by hh5

Another what if the cargo wasn't secured properly and it moved around like the Korean ferry accident causing a chain of events to go wrong

I think something like this wasn't thought about ... if the Koreans can lie about the weight of their cargo

can't the same thing happen w Malaysia 370??

remember that search for the pings ...

it could have been tainted by a pod dolphins mating

imagine ping chasing horny dolphins

I was betting on fake black boxes .... so the Chinese led us on a dolphin hunt lol w that hydrophone 

gosh this gives new meaning to experts!!! HA!!! HA!!!

meanwhile the pings have gone dead somewhere else

gosh it would have been better if they had lay down 50 ping listeners along imarsat path then they could have found out more in the short time they had to find black boxes

I wonder if mh370 was an elaborate insurance scam? like does mh370 really exist ... I hope they actually present proof of purchase etc etc and I hope someone checked that out

article-2626106-0C9D4A7B00000578-69_634x

Fresh doubts: Australian naval Commander James Lybrand said while both readings are significantly lower than the 37.5kHz frequency black box beacons are designed to emit, the April 5 signals are still possible, down perhaps to weakening batteries or the 'vagaries of deep-sea conditions'

Cmdr Lybrand did not give any clues as to what may have emitted the April 8 'pings' if they did not indeed come from MH370.
Dolphins can produce echolocation signals of anywhere between 0.2kHz and 150kHz to obtain sonic information about their environment. 
Experts say dolphins' lower frequency vocalizations (between about 0.2 and 50kHz) are likely used in social communication while higher frequency clicks (40 to 150 kHz) are primarily used for spacial awareness.

• 3 weeks later...

so the US Navy rules out the pings n the ppl who listen to quakes n nuclear bombs want to have a crack at finding the place since they have listeners in the ocean that was setup via the UN.

No one wants to say what generated the pings ... its crazy to blame the ships itself.

one wonders if they heard flipper matting??

now the conspiracy ppl going to continue to put our their version of what happen n who's suppressing the information

more books and more movie budget pitching (the race to the summer or fall movies dead line)

none of these media companies are not saying they would donate their profits to finding mh370

one wonders if the families will sue the publishers and the film makes

(CNN) -- The four acoustic pings at the center of the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 for the past seven weeks are no longer believed to have come from the plane's black boxes, a U.S. Navy official told CNN.
The acknowledgment came Wednesday as searchers wrapped up the first phase of their effort, having scanned 329 square miles of southern Indian Ocean floor without finding any wreckage from the Boeing 777-200.

Washington (CNN) -- Was the sound of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 striking the water captured by ocean devices used to listen for signs of nuclear blasts?
It's a long shot, but an Australian university is studying records from underwater listening devices in an effort to help find the missing plane.
"One signal has been detected on several receivers that could be related to the crash," said Alec Duncan of Curtin University's Centre for Marine Science and Technology (CMST).
Researchers are studying a very low frequency sound to see if it was "the impact of the aircraft on the water or the implosion of parts of the aircraft as it sank," Duncan said.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..