I think Grandma Alice showed up to knock some sense into Rory's thick skull.....she know's that the best thing for him to do is to stay in Arizona, and since he never called her like he was supposed to, she decided to take matters into her own soft, smooth, silky, experienced hands. While she's there, though, the attraction between her and Luke is going to be too strong, and the LGAITE's will triumph again, like the SRITE's!!!!!!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A chapter already?! Thank YOU Dom!!!!

I'm glad that Rory and Luke finally get their relationship under control. I just hope Luke has someone by the end of DD (or it would make a great spin-off story - of course anything with Luke would be great).

As for Grandma Alice I think she'll be staying for a loooong while. Someone posted a while back that they thought she was remodeling to sell her place. I don't think that's too far off now - she did travel with a "rather large suitcase". I wonder what Grandma Alice does when Rory loses his temper in person..........

-vt

When did the LGAITE's triumph in the first place?

The LGAITE's triumphed when the SRITE's triumphed.....the LGAITE's are a spinoff of the SRITE's, so any victory for them is a victory for the LGAITE's. Luke's fate is sealed, and now that the LR**E movement has died, like the Nelly's rap carreer, it's only natural for the LGAITE movement to rise up and take it's proper place in Domoholic history :pickaxe: :pickaxe: :pickaxe:

First off may I just say that while I was bitterly disappointed by the lack of luke/rory interaction at the Lake I still hold hope for a LRITE victory (shakes fist at SRITEs :2hands: ). This is a Dom story and ultimately any conclusion prior to the final chapter is premature.

Secondly, some of you have mentioned the fact that the end is drawing near and that there are many things we'd still like to see that will likely get cut off. My solution is as follows. A sequal to DD with Luke as the lead. At the moment Rory is going pretty well and I personally can't see this story ending with Rory going back to Nevada permanently. I'd reaaaaaly like to know what's going through Luke's head and I think a story that shows his and, as a side issue, Rory's development would be great.

Dom are you there? Is this even a remote possibility? I don't mean to come across as presumptuous or pushy and if you dont want to thats ok I'll still love you.

Wynter

I THOUGH THAT CHICK WAS DEAD!!!! LMAO

I suspected a while ago, that possibly Dom would use Alice's death/illness as a way of keeping of keeping Rory in Arizona....

But maybe Alice is gonna move to Arizona to keep whats left of Rory's family together ?

Another great chapter, Dom! You certainly know how to give a Valentine's to your fans.

Maybe that's how she and Luke get together. Alice gets mad at Rory and Eddie and wants to leave so Luke offers to drive her to a hotel. The two are never heard from again...unless they turn up in a sequel. :devil:

That's what Im thinking, too

Despite what many had predicted, nothing major happened at the lake ... it was pretty much a non-event ... which even surprised me.

that was my exact thought the moment they started the trip. it felt so non-event after people had made such a big deal about it. i should stop listening to you people. you get excited over nothing. :P

but this whole grandma alice thing. veeery interesting. i knew something was up when she called and wasn't getting through, but i thought she was dying or something. *shrug*

Well, maybe Grandma Alice isn't sick like some people think. First we knew that she was fixing her house up (maybe to sell it). Now we find out she was trying to get Rory's mom to send Rory to live with Eddie all along. Not because she didn't want him, but because Eddie *is* Rory's father..not to mention the fact that Eddie being gay he could be of much more help to Rory than Alice could be.

Maybe Alice decided to sell her house and move to Arizona..so that Rory could be with Eddie and she could still be close to Rory (whether she lives with Eddie & Jase, or gets her own place).

So... SRLEJAITE (Seth, Rory, Luke, Eddie, Jason & Alice In The End)...one big happy family!! :2thumbs:

By the way , this is my first post here. Dom, you are one hell of a writer...keep it up!! :worship:

but this whole grandma alice thing. veeery interesting. i knew something was up when she called and wasn't getting through, but i thought she was dying or something. *shrug*

My thoughts exactly, Philistine, i figured that she was sick or something was wrong. Maybe her house got destroyed by a fire or something.

Maybe Alice decided to sell her house and move to Arizona..so that Rory could be with Eddie and she could still be close to Rory

A very good point jack727. Even though she wanted Rory to live with Eddie because he was also gay or for any number of reasons, she still wants to be close to him and be part of his everyday life. So maybe possibly she will move to Arizona. Or she could be there to finnaly give Rory closure on his life back in Nevada and explain what could have possible happened to his friend or any number of things.

But again great chapter Dom. Major props :worship:

later ~ nick :read:

Interesting chapter, but I just died on the inside.

Everyone will be wondering why I am depressed tomorrow, but no one will understand the pain that has pierced this LRITES's heart. POR QUE???? Bah... I need alone time now.

I guess I don't really care if it's Rory with Luke, I just want Luke with someone (preferably someone wicked hot). I think that Wynter's idea of a Luke spinoff would be great. Following him around school in the first person, getting to see Rory from the third person. It wouldn't need to be long... just long enough to give LRITES some compensation for their broken hearts (my insurance apparently doesn't cover it... wtf? True story.).

:hug:

Nickolas James said: 'Luke's fate is sealed, and now that the LR**E movement has died, like the Nelly's rap career'

I don't know why Nick hates Luke so much, and he always compares the LRITE movement to something no longer in fashion; e.g. NBC's Joey or Nelly's career. Amusing, :funny: though he missed the perfect example because somebody mentioned boy bands! What could be more over than that?

My thoughts on this chapter were first, wow, that was fast. Not the length of time it took for it to be posted, but the trip to the lake. First off, the time leading up to the trip flew by, and there was hardly any dialogue among the characters during the trip. Like someone else said, it was a non-event. It just happened.

Secondly, while I wasn't surprised that Luke and Rory have decided to be friends, I was disappointed. Luke has a certain vibe about him that I just like. He is definitely, to me anyway, much sexier than Seth (perhaps because we really don't get all those physical descriptions of Seth like we do the almost-always-naked Luke), and he's a more interesting character. He had the bad grace to fall in love with his straight best friend (and that's something I can always emphasize with), and he just seems to be much happier than Seth. He's a character I think I would like to spend time around, if he were real. I'd be content to hang around Seth, but I'd be overjoyed if I got to be with Luke. Oh well, can't say I wasn't surprised. Sigh...

The fact that Rory was cut off while talking to Grandma Alice, and then couldn't reach her and had to leave a message, and the way Rory was thinking about getting in touch with her, tipped me off that something was going on with Grandma Alice. I have to admit, I thought she was sick, too, at first, though I'm glad she seems to be okay. I wouldn't want to see Rory lose his grandmother, not right after losing his mom and having to adjust to having a dad and then there was the mess with Aaron. It's been a very tumultuous summer for him. Anyway, seeing as she's there, in Arizona, I don't think she's sick, but clearly something major has happened. I don't see the old woman moving out there, though. She seems the type to make people come to her.

Thanks for the quick follow-up to the last chapter, though, Dom, and a great big THANK YOU for another chapter of Service. Nice to see Jarred and the boys again.

Edited by andy04

Well, after a year of lurking, I finally registered so I could post, and this is my first post.

Chapter 33 was great! And, like everyone else here, I have my theories on where DD is going.

So, who will Luke end up with?

I noticed that in DD 33 we see Luke getting girls phone numbers, flirting with girls, and proving himself to have less effective Gaydar than even Rory.

And, for the Cliffhanger, we find Grandma Alice sitting on the doorstep. I think it's quite obvious,

LGAITE! (Yep, I've been lurking for a while...)

OK, now, a more serious question that I have not seen addressed: In DD31 or 32, Rory comes home to find Luke and Dave, shirtless and wearing bow ties, and they have one for him, too.

But, we never find out WHY they were doing this? Rory doesn't even seem perplexed? Well, I'm perplexed! Any theories?

And one final thing: Many, many thinks to Dom for all the truly great stories!

OK, now, a more serious question that I have not seen addressed: In DD31 or 32, Rory comes home to find Luke and Dave, shirtless and wearing bow ties, and they have one for him, too.

But, we never find out WHY they were doing this? Rory doesn't even seem perplexed? Well, I'm perplexed! Any theories?

This reminded me of some of the silly things I did as a kid with my best friend. I think it just shows how comfortable they are with each other.

Dom, thanks so much for these stories, They help me remember what was and what could have been. :worship:

I miss you Jerry

Thanks Glomph....needed someone elst to say that. I have posted once before, that I have been in a relationship for over six years with a guy almost forty years my senior. It works for us, and he is BY NO MEANS AN OLD FOGGY! He is very active...... 0:) in all departments :wub:

So yup.....life is great and not just for me the young one

Perhaps Alice is here for the big talk. Eddie hasn't said anything much about Rory dating Aaron and sneaking around to do it. Luke seemed to think the sky would fall in if Eddie and Jase found out. Maybe Eddie's called in back-up. Just letting it go doesn't strike me as an option many parents would follow.

It amuses me that you children assume that since Grandma Alice is 55 or a little older, that she is this decrepit old hag at death's door.

Maybe Grandma Alice is in Arizona to tell Rory that she's running off with her hot young lover, and consequently has sold the house.

lennyO and glomph: I know lots of 50+ people who are more active than I am, without a single strand of grey hair.

I don't think it's just her age that makes us assume she is an old...it's also the description of her. Fuzzy blue jumpsuit, grey curls, five feet tall--I get an image of a little old lady.

It amuses me that you children assume that since Grandma Alice is 55 or a little older, that she is this decrepit old hag at death's door.

We know nothing about grandma Alice's age.

We do know that she has grey hair and that she goes to bed at 8:00.

For all we know she might have been 40+ when she had a child.

To me she acts like an old lady.

We do know that when Rory left she did not expect him to return.

She did ship all of his belongings to Arizona. She may have even known at the time

about Eddy's deal to allow Rory to return.

She has been doing some remodeling.

I think that she is there to make sure that Rory stays with his father.

Or,

knowing the twists Dom puts in his stories it could be that she never wanted to let him go and she is there to collect him and take him home.

Or,

(write your own conclusion).

Dom can really go almost anywhere (except Luke and Alice :angry::devil: ) with this story.

:music:

• Site Moderator

The younger ones tend to forget the we older ones have the life experiences that they don't. When I started my current job just over 13 years ago, I wasn't that tolerent, or accepting, of older citizens. But since I work in a 470 be Nursing Home, that changed.

Thanks Glomph....needed someone elst to say that. I have posted once before, that I have been in a relationship for over six years with a guy almost forty years my senior. It works for us, and he is BY NO MEANS AN OLD FOGGY! He is very active...... 0:) in all departments :wub:

So yup.....life is great and not just for me the young one

I'm currently in a LDR with a guy 20 years younger than me. Hopefully, we will be able to close the distance between us. I also run around some of the local amusement parks with a guy 25 years younger than me. So to some people, age doesn't mean a thing. I am also editing a story for a young person here. So he and I are working on a professional relationship as well as a friendship. I'm also part of the support system for another young person who recently came out to his mother.

So I say again, to some, age doesn't make a difference.

Jay said, "We do know that she has grey hair and that she goes to bed at 8:00."

I've also had some gray hair since my early 20's.

Talon

Edited by TalonRider

Not assumption, just hope that whether or not she is a decrepit old hag she is at death's door.

Mark, HGADDS (Hoping Grandma Alice Drops Dead Soon)

OK, new happy ending: SRITE, LMITE. Rory can have Seth, and I (Michael) will personally move to AZ and have sex with Luke, repeatedly. How does that sound to everyone?

Oh, and Aaron can wind up with that Kevin fellow, or someone else who cares about him but knows better than to take his BS. That, or Grandma Alice. ....Yeah, you can forget I said that. *shutters*